Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,747 members, 7,802,287 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! (39453 Views)

Will Universities Obey The New Jamb Policies This Year Or Next Year ? / Highlights Of JAMB 2017 Policy Meeting On Admission Cutoff Points / Ekiti Students Protest Fee Hike, Fayose’s Policies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by philfrey08: 10:27am On Jul 29, 2015
tucky200:

Chairman,I hail o...college of education ?!
Big lie !!....The only thing wrong with that decision was posting them to a private university

Guy i know of MANY people sent to colleges of education... Someone thar wants to study economics at unilag was sent to adeyemi college of edu to study physics education. No be lie i see am

2 Likes

Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by leo2sexy: 10:34am On Jul 29, 2015
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by castel428: 10:36am On Jul 29, 2015
kudos to fg
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by joseca(m): 10:39am On Jul 29, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmm what a funny country we are.....may God have mercy on us
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by philfrey08: 10:40am On Jul 29, 2015
Walelavender:
And we are hailing the FG? The position of JAMB was misconstrued. Imagine people scoring over 200 not getting admission in an already saturated University of choice, of which has been the trend yearly. JAMB posting policy will be limited to the Geo-political zones /Catchment areas only. For example you chose a saturated UNILAG and you were offered FU Ekiti or chose UNIPORT and you were offered FU Otuoke. Is it not the same degree to be offered? Smh. Look @ the ones JAMB is willing to save from buying another UTME form. We dont have enough varsities.

Mr man.... wat nonsense..
U r quite or wholey ignorant. If u hv jambites around u, u wud not just type poo.

If they were distributed like u mentioned... noone wud complain
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 29, 2015
All I know is that the schools will not admit more than their capacity leaving majority of the candidates without admission. Of course the institutions will be happy to have the money you'll pay for post utme. Ungrateful Nigerian students.

1 Like

Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by elpapanoble: 10:42am On Jul 29, 2015
Ppl who scored more than 200 were actually redistributed to colleges of education, it's no lie.
tucky200:

Big lie !!....The only thing wrong with that decision was posting them to a private university

1 Like

Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by Pukka36(f): 10:59am On Jul 29, 2015
U dnt just post students to private Unis cos U want em' to get admission at all cost! How do they afford the fees? Y post brilliant students who had over 200 to colleges of education?
The policy isn't all bad but we need all the sincerity we can get from Jamb! Keeping the students in the dark since March is criminal!!!
If I wanted to go to a private Uni at first,I would have choosed it!
A friend had 221 for EcoStat Uniben and was posted to Benson Idahosa University to study Library science....shey em' wan change im destinyabi em' go help am pay?

Jamb should re-strategize and make the policy open to public scrutiny next year!....Pirriod!!!

2 Likes

Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by LOUIS6(m): 11:02am On Jul 29, 2015
mhizfranca:
there's no sense in it.I scored 254 nd I applied for law in d university of ibadan nd he posted me to a private uni to study eng!! U see?d policy is completely unreasonable!

Ok...seen

Pm sent to ur alternative mail ..

Check now.....
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by tsquaure(f): 11:03am On Jul 29, 2015
Am happy ..... DAT policy get k leg. How can u force people to go to schools they never wanted. The boss at Jamb started playing God

1 Like

Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by chigoizie7(m): 11:40am On Jul 29, 2015
tucky200:

There is absolutely nothing good in dat decision.

Have you for once considered d reason why u chose a course of study? The institution?

*proximity:- how could u be living in lagos and u chose unilag, only for jamb to come and reassign u to university of maidugari? (Proximity, security and familiarity) simply because unimaid has a low turn out for jamb.

*money:- u saw skuls like covenant university, and co, some of the best skuls in naija, yet u went ahead to choose UNN, UNIZIK and UNIBEN, it is so, simply because, u cannot pay their fees, u might want to limit it to private uni, but hey, ANSU, IMSU ESUT and so many other govt skuls pay above N150k per session, where as some good skuls pay as low as N16k,N20,100 etc.

*quality of education, u saw skuls that could not make the 1st 200 list n naija, u didn't chose it, u went for UNN,UNIBEN,UNIZIK, UNILAG and co, because u knew the competition, u read so hard and so well so as to pass the 200 cut off, only for jamb to come and reassign u to those useless skuls simply because they had no or less candidates, isn't that gross?

* I can go on and on and on,

*why did jamb scrap the "OPTION" of 2nd choice in their registration process? because, this is were the 2nd choice of a thing would have come into play. When u didn't reach 1st choice, u revert to 2nd choice, and when u don't get it too, u will not blame anyone.

Plz always check well b4 u conclude on certain issues, ur half baked decisions can affect people negatively.

1 Like

Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by Familyfirst: 11:55am On Jul 29, 2015
leo2sexy:
The Federal Government has reversed the decision by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board to allow candidates that applied to universities with surplus applicants for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations to be reassigned to other universities with lower number of applicants than their capacities. ‎

The policy had been trailed by protests in parts of the country.

The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education, Mr.MacJohn ‎Nwaobiala‎, disclosed this to State House correspondents on Tuesday after briefing President Muhammadu Buhari of his ministry's activities and challenges at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

JAMB had at its 2015 Combined Policy Meeting adopted the policy.
Protests started at the University of Lagos when the institution's authorities announced that only candidates whose names were officially forwarded by JAMB would be eligible to participate in this year’s UNILAG Post-UTME.

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-reverses-jambs-policy-on-admission/215900/
I think we should care more for the future of our Children instead of playing politics.
www.familyparliament.com
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by Raymondluv(m): 12:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
knowledge4:
Nothing has changed
The University still has the final say on who it admits.
Even if Jamb sends all those who scored 180 to Unilag to do the Post UTME Exam, does it make a difference where they do the Post UTME exam but Unilag cut off for a course is 220?
Who is fooling himself here?
Is it not the candidate and his parent?
Why cannot a parent take his child to a Private University if the Federal Universities cannot accommodate everyone?
Did the child not attend private nursery,primary and secondary schools?
Why run away from a private university?
These Nigerians sef, making noise over nothing
At the end of the day, the same parent will blame the FGN for falling standards of education
What is wrong with Private University, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education?

i nor just knw wetin i wan tel dis 8 year old boy...u lack knowledge infact ur name nor suppose to be knowledge..do u think na every parent go fit afford 500k infact dis ur post vex me if u talk dis one for road na lynch dem go lynch u...IDOIT OF THE CENTURY..infact u nd baba go slow na desame sense una get
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by Raymondluv(m): 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
chigoizie7:

There is absolutely nothing good in dat decision.

Have you for once considered d reason why u chose a course of study? The institution?

*proximity:- how could u be living in lagos and u chose unilag, only for jamb to come and reassign u to university of maidugari? (Proximity, security and familiarity) simply because unimaid has a low turn out for jamb.

*money:- u saw skuls like covenant university, and co, some of the best skuls in naija, yet u went ahead to choose UNN, UNIZIK and UNIBEN, it is so, simply because, u cannot pay their fees, u might want to limit it to private uni, but hey, ANSU, IMSU ESUT and so many other govt skuls pay above N150k per session, where as some good skuls pay as low as N16k,N20,100 etc.

*quality of education, u saw skuls that could not make the 1st 200 list n naija, u didn't chose it, u went for UNN,UNIBEN,UNIZIK, UNILAG and co, because u knew the competition, u read so hard and so well so as to pass the 200 cut off, only for jamb to come and reassign u to those useless skuls simply because they had no or less candidates, isn't that gross?

* I can go on and on and on,

*why did jamb scrap the "OPTION" of 2nd choice in their registration process? because, this is were the 2nd choice of a thing would have come into play. When u didn't reach 1st choice, u revert to 2nd choice, and when u don't get it too, u will not blame anyone.

Plz always check well b4 u conclude on certain issues, ur half baked decisions can affect people negatively.

my guy if person put uniben as first choice and
he wan study ISD. but he nor make am and he put
auchi as second choice but he score 191 and he
dey go for business admin auchi fit accept dat
person
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by April4th(m): 12:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
tucky200:

What are you saying? My younger sister chose Unilag/mass comm as her first choice and was sent to aocoed to read English.
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by oakcha(m): 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2015
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DONT HAVE A MINISTER
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by kaFANEN(m): 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2015
leo2sexy:
The Federal Government has reversed the decision by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board to allow candidates that applied to universities with surplus applicants for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations to be reassigned to other universities with lower number of applicants than their capacities. ‎

The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education, Mr.MacJohn ‎Nwaobiala‎, disclosed this to State House correspondents on Tuesday after briefing President Muhammadu Buhari of his ministry's activities and challenges at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Protests started at the University of Lagos when the institution's authorities announced that only candidates whose names were officially forwarded by JAMB would be eligible to participate in this year’s UNILAG Post-UTME.

what could have prompted this man into this,where to school is a decision reserved for the person who is to do the learning.
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by Billy23(m): 12:58pm On Jul 29, 2015
leo2sexy:

Does it apply to other students whose 1st choice school increased their cutoff mark? because I scored 197 in Jamb and my course is sociology and uncial is my first choice school but the school raised the cutoff to 206 as to jamb's 180.... Please what does this reverse policy mean to me? Thanks..
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by lexy2014: 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2015
leo2sexy:

No one has said d reversal is a result of d "FEAR OF TOMPOLO".
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by CHIMEZIRIM5127: 1:57pm On Jul 29, 2015
Well, jamb should have have also enforced a law on the Nigerian tertiary institutions that would make them reduce the exorbitant fees paid as school fees and not considering transfer of students from their choice of institutions
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
HenryDion:

my dear shut that trap if u have nothing to say.
Am not your dear..henrydull
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by Teophilus96(m): 2:13pm On Jul 29, 2015
God WIN
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by leo2sexy: 2:13pm On Jul 29, 2015
Billy23:

Does it apply to other students whose 1st choice school increased their cutoff mark? because I scored 197 in Jamb and my course is sociology and uncial is my first choice school but the school raised the cutoff to 206 as to jamb's 180.... Please what does this reverse policy mean to me? Thanks..
Have u tried checking ur transfer on jamb site?
Atleast to see if jamb transfered u?
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by chigoizie7(m): 2:14pm On Jul 29, 2015
Raymondluv:

my guy if person put uniben as first choice and
he wan study ISD. but he nor make am and he put
auchi as second choice but he score 191 and he
dey go for business admin auchi fit accept dat
person

I don't know were u re driving @, but if u want to put 2nd choice, u will put the course of study, it might be different from 1st choice or d same with 1st choice.

Once u reach the cut off mark of bus admin in auchi, why not? Once u reach all the qualifications, they will accept u, but f u don't, they will not, in this case, u will not blame anyone
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by bishopcarterIV: 2:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
Otherique:
Am surprised Prof Dibu could be so insensitive to the plights of the Masses.

There factors often considered when choosing a school when filling your JAMB form.

1. Cost
2. Proximity
3. Familiarity
4. Security
5. Institutions reputation
6. Academic excellence
and so on....

How can he just wake up one morning, perhaps with a dizzy eyes and start reassigning students to institutions of his choice?

including pushing prospective students to private Universities that do pay as high as 3 million naira per academic session.

How can he be making such decisions for them?

I thought PMB on the pages of newspaper asked all the heads of agencies to go, is he not part of them?

Funny Country.
DONT MY THE FOOL.. NA HIM BE THEIR PAPA NA ...
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by Raymondluv(m): 2:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
chigoizie7:

I don't know were u re driving @, but if u want to put 2nd choice, u will put the course of study, it might be different from 1st choice or d same with 1st choice.

Once u reach the cut off mark of bus admin in auchi, why not? Once u reach all the qualifications, they will accept u, but f u don't, they will not, in this case, u will not blame anyone

but i want to change my course of study in auchi..i want to put computer science can i stil have d chance to change it incase of purchasing the ND form
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by Billy23(m): 2:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
leo2sexy:

Have u tried checking ur transfer on jamb site?
Atleast to see if jamb transfered u?
Oh yes i did but i got a pop saying i havent bin transferred yet..
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by Walelavender(m): 2:46pm On Jul 29, 2015
philfrey08:

Mr man.... wat nonsense..
U r quite or wholey ignorant. If u hv jambites around u, u wud not just type poo.

If they were distributed like u mentioned... noone wud complain
Cool temper man. Don't join the bandwagons of those who's ain't objective but all they know how to do is mudslinging. I still insist that Jambiites who don't have a chance of gaining admission to the varsity of their choice should be given a chance. can't you get it
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by leo2sexy: 3:07pm On Jul 29, 2015
Billy23:

Oh yes i did but i got a pop saying i havent bin transferred yet..
I would gladly advice u wait till jamb make the news official, or rather u visit ur school.
I think that would be the best.
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by leo2sexy: 3:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
Walelavender:

Cool temper man. Don't join the bandwagons of those who's ain't objective but all they know how to do is mudslinging. I still insist that Jambiites who don't have a chance of gaining admission to the varsity of their choice should be given a chance. can't you get it
Ur making sense but they should be given a chance to study in real universities, not some private university with high tuition fee or rather college of education, that's sick now. If JAMB wants to implent this, they should do things the right way.
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by chigoizie7(m): 3:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
Raymondluv:

but i want to change my course of study in auchi..i want to put computer science can i stil have d chance to change it incase of purchasing the ND form

In case of OND, u can, just head to JAMB office ASAP, check if they still sell change of course form, if it is still valid, then u ve a greater chance. Provided u meet all the requirements needed for CSC as regards to ur SSCE results.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

National Open University Of Nigeria In Pictures / The Dirty State Of Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi Boys' Hostel / No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.