Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? (8147 Views)

Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? / What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) / See The Sacrifice Form RCCG Gave Members Asking For Houses, Cars, Lands & Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by dalaman: 10:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
johnydon22:
Forgiveness is a virtue that surpasses judgement.

Love is not judgement or wrath neither is it obedient conformity... Demanding for blood before offering an act of forgiveness simply depicts a blood lustful and barbaric concept.

He needed to satisfy his wrath, he must pour it on something, anything at all. Why not simply let go of it, why not simply forgive you without having to pour his wrath somewhere, i thought he was supposed to be all good and how does such concept connote goodness.

Such idea as the bolded rather betrays an egoistic, vengeful, barbaric concept... something you would expect a perfect being to be way above...

If this is your idea of love maybe you will make a very good parent by punishing one your children so as to forgive the other of a wrong doing since your really need where to pour your wrath instead of simply forgiving

These guys don't really think through before pouring out their dogma sometimes.

1 Like

Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Tjayjosh(m): 11:31pm On Jul 29, 2015
johnydon22:
Forgiveness is a virtue that surpasses judgement.

Love is not judgement or wrath neither is it obedient conformity... Demanding for blood before offering an act of forgiveness simply depicts a blood lustful and barbaric concept.

He needed to satisfy his wrath, he must pour it on something, anything at all. Why not simply let go of it, why not simply forgive you without having to pour his wrath somewhere, i thought he was supposed to be all good and how does such concept connote goodness.

Such idea as the bolded rather betrays an egoistic, vengeful, barbaric concept... something you would expect a perfect being to be way above...

If this is your idea of love maybe you will make a very good parent by punishing one your children so as to forgive the other of a wrong doing since your really need where to pour your wrath instead of simply forgiving
You are completely ignorant about the scripture and the things of God. I'm going to oblige you. The bible does not try to prove that God exists. Rather, it assumes his existence and describes numerous attributes and character traits that he posseses. Many of these are unique to him as God.
1. God is omnipresent.
2. God is omniscient
3. God is omnipotent
4. God is transcendent
5. God is eternal
6. God is unchangeable
7. God is perfect and holy
8. God is triune.
When God made man and woman, he created them in his "image" and "likeness" which means they could respond to a unique personal relationship with God that reflected his love and character. They possessed a moral likeness to God as sinless and holy creations, with wise minds, loving hearts and the desire to do right. From the beginning of the history of the human race, God has expected obedience and acceptance of his word as absolute truth. When adam and eve sinned, moral and spiritual death came immediately. Physical death came later. Morally, God's life died in them, and their nature became sinful. They became morally corrupt and impure in contrast to God's perfect and pure nature. There former relationship with God was destroyed. Their former innocence was replaced by guilt and fear of judgment. Since then, every person born comes into the world with a sinful nature. And because God hates sin. A ransom has to be paid. To be continued..
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 29, 2015
Most of u quoting the bible, won't quote what was said before and after, nd the reason.. They just take the one dat seems bad.. Yeye... Poc. God sent his son to die for us, because he felt that there needed to be a sacrifice for people to listen to him and know he exist. How is it babaric? Tell me. If he didn't make a sacrifice then you people will say he left us to die in sin. It was after the great flood, he promised not to destroy the world. ND please he made hell for Satan alone, it was later on he decided that anyone who decides that follow satan will join him there.

People say, if God knew that Satan was going to misbehave, then why did he create him? You're asking your fellow human about what happened 2000 yrs ago.... Why don't you go to your bible and study.. U atheists argue left. Right, nd centre about God.. Meanwhile the answers to your questions are in the bible. But most of u read with pride and some kind of Idc attitude, nd then you come out and argue. If he doesn't exist, then don't talk about him... If u want to know about him, go with an open heart. See lemme tell you, weda u like it or not, Christ is coming again, he is about wrapping up everything concerning this earth.. Surely you will ask, then what? If u stay here on earth, then what?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by K9blunt(f): 1:35am On Jul 30, 2015
Tjayjosh:

May God have mercy on you.

May reality have mercy on you.

2 Likes

Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Jozzy4: 7:50am On Jul 30, 2015
Tjayjosh:

How sir?

Bible said God send his only begotten son , you said ' No , its God that sacrifice himself' , who should I belive ?

Are u saying God send God to die for my sins ? Do we Have two Gods ?

1 Like

Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Jozzy4: 7:59am On Jul 30, 2015
Tjayjosh:

Though christ died to redeem you from sin, you are not saved authomatically until you confess with your mouth the lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you will be saved (Romans 10:9). People who'd go to hell do so because they rejected God's love and his provision for salvation.

What Do u mean at bolded , God raise God from the dead ? Do we have two Gods ?

1 Like

Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Jozzy4: 8:12am On Jul 30, 2015
Tjayjosh:

God didn’t sacrifice
Jesus. Rather, Jesus, as God
incarnate, sacrificed Himself. No
one forced Him. He laid down His
life willingly, as He made clear
speaking about His life: “No one
takes it from me, but I lay it
down of my own accord. I have
authority to lay it down and
authority to take it up
again” ( John 10:18). God the Son
Sacrificed Himself to God
the
Father
and thereby fulfilled all the
requirements of the Law. Unlike
the temporary sacrifices, Jesus’
once-for-all-time sacrifice was
Followed by His resurrection. He
laid down His life and took it up
again, thereby providing eternal
life for all who would ever believe
in Him and accept His sacrifice
for their sins. He did this out of
love for the Father and for all
those the Father has given Him
( John 6:37–40). I explained this on the post above.

@ the bold , God sacrifice himself to God ? God sacrifice himself to another God ? 2 Gods !!! ... Polytheists

1 Like

Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Tjayjosh(m): 11:21am On Jul 30, 2015
The Bible has much to say about the holiness of God, but God is not only holy and just, He is a most loving God and does not want anybody to perish. The Bible contains two covenants or testaments, the 39 books of the old Testament' being the record of God's dealings with His
creation since He created
human beings "in the
beginning," the 27 books of
the 'New Testament' being
the record of His dealings
with His creation since the coming of Jesus into the world Jesus being God's
self-expression or living word, and his solution to the problem of sin in all its expressions.
So why is a sacrifice
needed? What is sin? Why do humans sin? Simply speaking, sin is rebellion against God, it is rebellion against the highest authority
It is an offence
against God's holiness and right to institute all laws. It is saying that we know better what is right and wrong, and we disregard God's authority, it is
disobedience, it is desperately destructive, and
is profoundly offensive to the all-holy God revealed in
the Bible, Who created our first parents Adam and Eve, with the ability to make choices, and God made it very clear, before Adams's first sin, that the
consequence of sin is death, and that is repeated throughout the Bible, because of the sinful choice that Adam made,"sin entered into the world. God will not dilute the seriousnes of his commands by just forgiving it without penalty which would compromise his own holiness.
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Tjayjosh(m): 12:35pm On Jul 30, 2015
God requires a blood sacrifice in order to forgive a person's sin.
. . . without shedding of blood
there is no forgiveness (Heb 9:22)
This is a strong statement. God
cannot forgive a person's sins
without the shedding of blood.
The question is, "Who dies?"
1st Sacrifice. The first sacrifice
occurred immediately after Adam
and Eve sinned. Eve did not know
what she was doing when she
ate of the fruit of the Tree of the
Knowledge of Good and Evil,
according to 1Tim. 2:14, but
Adam did. He willfully sinned. Eve
did not believe God, she ate, and
Adam sinned. As a result God
killed two animals in order to
give them clothes.
The LORD God made garments
of skin for Adam and his wife,
and clothed them (Gen
3:21)
Was this a blood sacrifice by
God? Some think so. But it is clear
that Abel did offer a blood
sacrifice in Genesis 4:4. The
concept of a blood sacrifice was
already understood.
There is no barbarism in what God did. The only thing i could see is love! Love for you and i. The Perfect Sacrifice. A blood
sacrifice was required because
Adam had sinned. The
forgiveness of his sin required
blood to be shed. God could have
killed Adam, but He used an
animal. Unfortunately, the
sacrifice of an animal does not
give a person lasting forgiveness.
For the Law, since it has only a
shadow of the good things to
come and not the very form of
things, can never, by the same
sacrifices which they offer
continually year by year, make
perfect those who draw near.
Otherwise, would they not
have ceased to be offered . . .
But in those sacrifices there is
a reminder of sins year by
year. For it is impossible for
the blood of bulls and goats to
take away sins (Heb
10:1-4)
Every time a person sinned a
new blood sacrifice had to be
offered in order for their sins to
be forgiven. But Jesus was the
perfect sacrifice who takes away
our sins completely (John 1:29).
. . . we have been sanctified
through the offering of the
body of Jesus Christ once for
all. (Heb. 10:10)
When a man or woman believes
that Jesus can take away his/her
sins and sincerely trusts in Him,
that is, depends on Him to do
that, then his/her sins are
forgiven. Jesus is the perfect
blood sacrifice.
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Tjayjosh(m): 5:18pm On Jul 30, 2015
Jozzy4:

Bible said God send his only begotten son , you said ' No , its God that sacrifice himself' , who should I belive ?

Are u saying God send God to die for my sins ? Do we Have two Gods ?
God is triune (i.e., three in one), that means he is one God, a single being who has revealed himself in three distinct (not separate) but interrelated and completely unified persons: Father, son and Holy spirit (Mt 28:19; 2co 13:14; 1pe 1:2). Each person is fully God and equal with the other two; yet they are not three Gods, but one (see Mt 3:17, note; Mk 1:11, note).
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Tjayjosh(m): 9:09pm On Jul 30, 2015
K9blunt:

May reality have mercy on you.
You are lost! You need salvation.
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by K9blunt(f): 9:58pm On Jul 30, 2015
Tjayjosh:

A pot calling kettle black. I laugh hard!

Get a life, I mean a real life and stop metioning me, since you have nothing better to talk about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by johnydon22(m): 10:00pm On Jul 30, 2015
Tjayjosh:

Lol bro salvation from what...?

from what God will do to her if she don't believe? Thats blackmail you know?

"Believe me/Love me or else i will hurt you" is a very egoistic show of blatant blackmail and abuse riddled in unwarranted threat wreaks of imperfection and fatal flaw, something you would expect a being powerful enough to create the universe to be well above

1 Like

Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Tjayjosh(m): 10:48pm On Jul 30, 2015
johnydon22:

"Believe me/Love me or else i will hurt you" is a very egoistic show of blatant blackmail and abuse riddled in unwarranted threat wreaks of imperfection and fatal flaw, something you would expect a being powerful enough to create the universe to be well above
The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God (1co 1:18).
I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish (luke 13:3).
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by onetrack(m): 10:54pm On Jul 30, 2015
johnydon22:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Tjayjosh(m): 11:06pm On Jul 30, 2015
K9blunt:

A pot calling kettle black. I laugh hard!

Get a life, I mean a real life and stop metioning me, since you have nothing better to talk about.
God's will is that everyone who looks unto christ and believes in him shall have eternal life (Jn 6:40). Take the chance for that life now while there is still time.
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Jozzy4: 11:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
Tjayjosh:

God did not send another god to die for you. Jesus, as God
incarnate, sacrificed Himself. No
one forced Him. He laid down His
life willingly, as He made clear
speaking about His life: “No one
takes it from me, but I lay it
down of my own accord. I have
authority to lay it down and
authority to take it up
again” ( John 10:18)

Oh! Since God himself came down , who is God praying to ? undecided another God ?
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Ndipe(m): 1:01am On Jul 31, 2015
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by tpiander: 4:18am On Jul 31, 2015
Tjayjosh:
. . .. . . . .

op your write up is rather long and I didn't read it, but to answer your question (btw, not sure if I'm the only one for whom the formatting was off), God hates human sacrifice but He had to do it in order to end it once and for all.

There was no other way by which sin could be eradicated from the world.

However, the sacrifice was ONCE, not continuous. By so doing, Jesus was able to destroy the works of the devil.

Even as the Son of Man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give His life a ransom for many

key word here is ransom. His sacrifice was necessary in order to ransome the many.

1 Like

Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Tjayjosh(m): 9:49am On Jul 31, 2015
Jozzy4:

You didnt answer my question, : did God SEND another God to die for my sin ?
God did not send another god to die for you. Jesus, as God incarnate, sacrificed Himself. No one forced Him. He laid down His life willingly, as He made clear speaking about His life: “No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again” ( John 10:18)
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Jozzy4: 10:02am On Jul 31, 2015
Tjayjosh:
God did not send another god to die for you. Jesus, as God incarnate, sacrificed Himself. No one forced Him. He laid down His life willingly, as He made clear speaking about His life: “No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again” ( John 10:18)
Since God himself come down , who is God praying to ? undecided another God ?

1 Like

Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by K9blunt(f): 10:11am On Jul 31, 2015
Tjayjosh:

God's will is that everyone who looks unto christ and believes in him shall have eternal life (Jn 6:40). Take that life now while there is still time.
Life goes on, death has no friend. But how you leave your life matters. Your only back up is a book written by some clever psycologist who are dead and gone and never realised the impact of their ideas on the future. Have you ever wondered if william shakespeare (hope I spelt it right) was existing 2000years, would you have been praying in the name of romeo?
I don't feel moved with that subtle threat of while there's still time, meaning I should make heaven and advoid hell. So use another tactic or free me. Jeezz!
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by sonmvayina(m): 10:22am On Jul 31, 2015
Why are these people trying so hard to make sense out of non sense..we are not trying to take anything from you..just for u to use your God given brain to good use...it is not there for decoration..most people believe in the spiritual..the point is arguement is the christain stories..they are absurd..so the earlier you wake up to reality.the better you get your life back on track..
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Tjayjosh(m): 11:04am On Jul 31, 2015
Jozzy4:

Since God himself come down , who is God praying to ? undecided another God ?
He prayed because as Son he took on himself the form of man and in taking
on the form of man he
took on himself a human nature (not a fallen nature) please read (Phil 2:5-cool. In taking on this nature. He could hunger, thirst, become tired could cry, and could even die. But one of the principle characteristics of the
human nature is that it must pray. There is
something within all men that cries out for them to pray whether they do or not. So Christ in his humanity prayed unto the eternal spirit. Now even as God took these human characteristics on himself when he came into this
world, even so He laid
them aside in His
resurrection, and we no longer know him after the flesh (2co 5:16) Paul said we have known
Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth now we know him no more. After His
resurrection we know
him as Thomas found Him, "My Lord, and my God" (Jn 20:28). We know Him as John saw him on the isle of patmos, as the Almighty (Rev 1:7,cool. As the first and last (Rev 1:17,18). If
Jesus is the first and last there can be room for no other. We know him now as King of Kings and LORD OF LORD (Rev 19:16).
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Jozzy4: 11:28am On Jul 31, 2015
Tjayjosh:

He prayed because as Son he took on himself the form of man and in taking
on the form of man he
took on himself a human nature (not a fallen nature) please read (Phil 2:5-cool. In taking on this nature. He could hunger, thirst, become tired could cry, and could even die. But one of the principle characteristics of the
human nature is that it must pray. There is
something within all men that cries out for them to pray whether they do or not. So Christ in his humanity prayed unto the eternal spirit. Now even as God took these human characteristics on himself when he came into this
world, even so He laid
them aside in His
resurrection, and we no longer know him after the flesh (2co 5:16) Paul said we have known
Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth now we know him no more. After His
resurrection we know

But you didnt answer the question , again: God prayed, isnt it ? Who exactly Is God praying to ?
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 31, 2015
Jozzy4:

But you didnt answer the question , again: God prayed, isnt it ? Who exactly Is God praying to ?

Jesus came as a full fleshed being. He came as we are. With humility, so the same way they in those times prayed to their gods he showed them that him too prays to his father. He came not for people to fear him but for him to relate with us as flesh. God is in three. God the father, God the son, God the holy spirit. Jesus came as the son.

Any further questions, read the bible.
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Jozzy4: 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
Do u understand what you wrote ? undecided

Blossom023:

Jesus came as a full fleshed being. He came as we are. With humility, so the same way they in those times prayed to their gods he showed them that him too prays to his father.

We are not GOD , if jesus came as We are . Then your statement sugest he is NOT God , aftrall he came like we are .

He came not for people to fear him but for him to relate with us as flesh. God is in three.

Polytheist @bold !
shocked

God the father, God the son, God the holy spirit. Jesus came as the son.

Jesus came as God , abi . Who then is God praying to ? Another God the Father . A God prays while another God listens .

Polytheism in action .
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by mustymatic(m): 6:30pm On Jul 31, 2015
Tjayjosh:

The sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. (Romans 8:7). Jonnydon22. Like i always say to you: you can never comprehend what the scripture says about christ unless you have the spirit of God in you.
U wan claim spirit now abi? Spirit indeed
Abi u wan claim god too angry
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2015
Jozzy4:
Do u understand what you wrote ? undecided

We are not GOD , if jesus came as We are . Then your statement sugest he is NOT God , aftrall he came like we are .

Polytheist @bold !
shocked

Jesus came as God , abi . Who then is God praying to ? Another God the Father . A God prays while another God listens .

Polytheism in action .

Anytime you see people against one thing and always trying to cover, hide or derail.. Know that that thing is true. Like I said, read a bible and stop making fun.. But no u wont.. Cos u just want to derail the thread.how pathetic.
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by OgundeleT(m): 7:47pm On Jul 31, 2015
Tjayjosh:

You are completely ignorant about the scripture and the things of God. I'm going to oblige you. The bible does not try to prove that God exists. Rather, it assumes his existence and describes numerous attributes and character traits that he posseses. Many of these are unique to him as God.
1. God is omnipresent.
2. God is omniscient
3. God is omnipotent
4. God is transcendent
5. God is eternal
6. God is unchangeable
7. God is perfect and holy
8. God is triune.
When God made man and woman, he created them in his "image" and "likeness" which means they could respond to a unique personal relationship with God that reflected his love and character. They possessed a moral likeness to God as sinless and holy creations, with wise minds, loving hearts and the desire to do right. From the beginning of the history of the human race, God has expected obedience and acceptance of his word as absolute truth. When adam and eve sinned, moral and spiritual death came immediately. Physical death came later. Morally, God's life died in them, and their nature became sinful. They became morally corrupt and impure in contrast to God's perfect and pure nature. There former relationship with God was destroyed. Their former innocence was replaced by guilt and fear of judgment. Since then, every person born comes into the world with a sinful nature. And because God hates sin. A ransom has to be paid. To be continued..
whenever u want to write something please always think very well so that u wont be contradicting youself. You claim God is omniscient and yet he didnt know adam and eve will eat the fruit before he created them? he never knew the world will be like this before he created it? If he didnt then he's not omniscient, if he knew then you cant say he love us, since he knew the world will be like this and yet he proceeded in creating it, he makes people suffer for sin they never commited.
You also claim he is omnipotent and he cant forgive eve when he knew they know nothing? Or instead he should recreate them intead of punishing billions of human being? But yet he proceed and you call that love?
You also claim he's omnipresent, that means he was watching satan when he was deceiving eve to eat the fruit and he couldn't stop the satan since he knew her generation will suffer for it and u also call that love?
you also claim God is unchangeable but he love sacrifice before and now he need praise?
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 31, 2015
OgundeleT:

whenever u want to write something please always think very well so that u wont be contradicting youself. You claim God is omniscient and yet he didnt know adam and eve will eat the fruit before he created them? he never knew the world will be like this before he created it? If he didnt then he's not omniscient, if he knew then you cant say he love us, since he knew the world will be like this and yet he proceeded in creating it, he makes people suffer for sin they never commited.
You also claim he is omnipotent and he cant forgive eve when he knew they know nothing? Or instead he should recreate them intead of punishing billions of human being? But yet he proceed and you call that love?
You also claim he's omnipresent, that means he was watching satan when he was deceiving eve to eat the fruit and he couldn't stop the satan since he knew her generation will suffer for it and u also call that love?
you also claim God is unchangeable but he love sacrifice before and now he need praise?

It is true, why did he create the tree of knowledge of good and evil.... Hmm....

If u want to learn, go to school.
If u want to wear shoe, go ND buy.
If u want know how a soup taste, taste the thing first.. ND if u want to know God... Go to him...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2015
On My Moriah God asked Abraham to sacrifice his only son Isaac (Gen 22:10). A test of his faith, especially after they (God and Abraham) cut a covenant (Gen. 15:18). Abraham obeyed and as he Lifted his hand to kill Isaac, God stopped him and gave him a lamb to sacrifice. That singular act of Abraham was clearly by faith. When he lifted up his hands to sacrifice Isaac, he did kill him already in his heart. God does not owe anyone anything. When you give Him anything, he must return to you bigger and better. Now when Abraham "sacrificed" Isaac, God raised him up. Though, he did not die naturally, but spiritually. Isaac was sacrificed. Now man needed to be restored back to God spiritually and God had to return to Abraham "man" in the same manner as Abraham did in sacrificing His own son. So Christ was sacrificed to reconcile man back to God. While on calvary, He took our sins and entered Hades. Offloaded the sins. Took captivity captive and gave gift to men. That is why salvation is free for you and I.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saints And Sinners / Beware Of Some Satanic Agents Who Are Only Here To Decieve And Distract / A Gospel of TRUTH, UNITY & UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.