Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,597 members, 7,801,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo (34371 Views)

Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark / Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo Lied...Another Misinformation !! / RAILWAYS: Jonathan Lacked Vision - Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by Richy4(m): 12:45pm On Jul 29, 2015
He is an old man and you guys should respect him no matter what he says.

If you have ever been with old men you will know how their brains function at times.

Unfortunately the media are still inviting him to make comments

3 Likes

Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by ajebuter(f): 12:46pm On Jul 29, 2015
I'm yoruba and I'm a firm believer in respect for the DESERVING elderly but when an elder becomes AGBAYA (a useless and lacking self_resepect elder) then my respect flies out of the window for him.

Obasanjo has done nothing but tarnish the image of GEJ, for what, I don't know, yet the young man kept his dignity by not replying him. What else does this old man want? Blood? Whatever he is accusing GEJ of, I strongly believe Obasanjo himself is one million times guiltier of the same and even worse offense.
It pains me when someone becomes holier than thou and sanctimonious just to malign another person.

I am yoruba and proud of my heritage here and abroad , but abeg, oBJ should just park well, we are tired of his nuisance!

4 Likes

Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by ahckmedkosy(m): 12:47pm On Jul 29, 2015
obailala:
For those of you wondering what OBJ did in 8 years, you are not to be blamed. Most Nigerian Africans only see the present and are incapable of looking into the future or seeing the bigger picture. To most Africans, a good president is the one that builds/renovates roads for immediate consumption.

Obj saved several billions of dollars in his 8 years of leadership so that his successor will have funds to bring about massive infrastructural development. Go and check the amount he met in Nigerian coffers in 1999 when he assumed office and also check the amount he left behind when he left. Good leadership requires forward thinking, vision and proper planning. It is not about indiscriminately awarding contracts or what you achieve now, but rather, it is about what your efforts achieve much later for your constituents.

After many years of military rule, OBJ successfully lifted Nigeria out of a deep economic and political pit and placed Nigeria on the world economic map. OBJ cleared Nigeria's external debts and boosted our foreign reserves like never before. The reason behind that was to strengthen Nigeria's credit worthiness and restore Nigeria's political relevance in the international scheme of things. OBJ's 'wasted' 8 years was wasted in building a mega-momentum for the nation to launch us into massive infrastructural development. Unfortunately for OBJ and for Nigeria, OBJ never knew his successors were going to be visionless, irresponsible wasters.

The train tracks you talk about, it was under OBJ's regime that the masterplan of the modernised Nigerian railway system was prepared. OBJ successfully constructed the Ajaokuta - Warri standard gauge line (which is of great economic importance to the steel cities) and he was about commencing the Abuja to Kaduna standard gauge rail when he handed over to Yaradua. However GEJ came in and renovated the 1903 narrow gauge tracks from Lagos to Kano instead of following the masterplan which was meant to replace the old tracks with modern standard gauges. Now we can only have snail speed trains and people are celebrating GEJ and insulting OBJ. A little investigation would even reveal that the money squandered in resuscitating the 1903 lines would have at least built half of the modern lines thereby giving us standard world class high speed trains.

Is that all? Ok. I was expecting to also hear hands clapping after this lecture abt obj. Bros u fall my hand.

1 Like

Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by refreshrate: 12:47pm On Jul 29, 2015
laudate:

Na God I take beg you, please free your mind. shocked

OBJ merely repaid loans that Nigeria had taken from the World Bank and other international financial institutions. That was the mission Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was paid to do and she was rewarded with a promotion at the World Bank! How did that increase Nigeria's standing, or the way the rest of the world viewed her citizens? During that period, I know how Nigerians were still being discriminated against at major international airports and foreign embassies here, simply because of their green passport, oh! angry

How much foreign direct investment was recorded under OBJ?

What was the level of infrastructure development recorded under OBJ? shocked

Even the old Lagos Abeokuta Road leading to OBJ's farms remained an eyesore under OBJ's regime and it is still an eyesore till today, with its daily traffic nightmare and horrible craters called potholes. angry

All over the world, governments arrange financing and use it to deliver projects that can be seen by all and sundry. So please stop waxing lyrical or biblical, by comparing David and Solomon's era. Even the Bible records all the projects that David completed, during his tenure. Only the temple was not built, because God said "his hands had been stained by blood!" David did not lack the will, the strength, the vision or the ability to build it! angry

God when i read posts like these i cant help but believe there is yet hope for this country.

Might i interest you sir in a line of prayer sir?

God will continue to bless you even more than you expect. You see that source of knowledge and wisdom you have? It will lead you to sit before kings and gain favour before them.

As for that guy youre responding to...make i no talk.

3 Likes

Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by Isaacmacdon(m): 12:47pm On Jul 29, 2015
Wah did he do?
Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by Pidggin(f): 12:49pm On Jul 29, 2015
Why is this baba causing problem everywhere, OBJ your time has passed.
Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by jamace(m): 12:50pm On Jul 29, 2015
Israel5:
Oga Vision!!
Oga vision handed a moribund railway to Jonathan. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by obailala(m): 12:50pm On Jul 29, 2015
laudate:

Na God I take beg you, please free your mind. shocked

OBJ merely repaid loans that Nigeria had taken from the World Bank and other international financial institutions. That was the mission Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was paid to do and she was rewarded with a promotion at the World Bank! How did that increase Nigeria's standing, or the way the rest of the world viewed her citizens? During that period, I know how Nigerians were still being discriminated against at major international airports and foreign embassies here, simply because of their green passport, oh! angry

How much foreign direct investment was recorded under OBJ?

What was the level of infrastructure development recorded under OBJ? shocked

Even the old Lagos Abeokuta Road leading to OBJ's farms remained an eyesore under OBJ's regime and it is still an eyesore till today, with its daily traffic nightmare and horrible craters called potholes. angry

All over the world, governments arrange financing and use it to deliver projects that can be seen by all and sundry. So please stop waxing lyrical or biblical, by comparing David and Solomon's era. Even the Bible records all the projects that David completed, during his tenure. Only the temple was not built, because God said "his hands had been stained by blood!" David did not lack the will, the strength, the vision or the ability to build it! angry
Just like I mentioned earlier, the positive economic, political and social impacts of those 'mere' actions are not visible or quantifiable. So it is very okay if you and I don't see them. As typical Africans, all we can see are the things that immediately put food on our tables.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by scachy(m): 12:51pm On Jul 29, 2015
The Jonathan administration embarked on the rehabilitation of the railway system with a view of overhauling the sector which had decayed for years and abandoned by previous governments.(including Obasanjo Mr.critics)

Monkey from Ape planet.

3 Likes

Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by bluecircle470: 12:51pm On Jul 29, 2015
Many of u pple who comments on NL even lacks vision and focus, including respect. Wonder if u pple av an elder at home. That man has spoken the truth bt u pple fail to comprehend jst Becos u dnt like him. Gv it to dat old man.
Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by Positiveminds(m): 12:51pm On Jul 29, 2015
It is regrettable that OBJ's hatred for GEJ knows no limits. There are times when elders should learn to keep quiet so that children don't begin to associate them with witchcraft. OBJ has lost every sense of decorum and is near to being consigned to an asylum.

While he was President of Nigeria, OBJ knew that the country's railway system was in comatose, yet he did nothing. This same OBJ spent over N95billion on electricity yet there was no light. Many Nigerians and foreigners died in air disasters, all because he,OBJ, either deliberately meant evil for the nation or just was nonchalant.

Yes, Jonathan failed Nigeria in many areas but OBJ did even worse, and is in no position to criticize anybody. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by refreshrate: 12:51pm On Jul 29, 2015
Even his own daughter had words for him.

Let that sink in for a moment

Now think this all ye supporters of the orangutan how do you possibly go against your own father in support of another person?

3 Likes

Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by laudate: 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2015
refreshrate:

God when i read posts like these i cant help but believe there is yet hope for this country.

Might i interest you sir in a line of prayer sir?

God will continue to bless you even more than you expect. You see that source of knowledge and wisdom you have? It will lead you to sit before kings and gain favour before them.

As for that guy youre responding to...make i no talk.

Amen!! May God bless you too..! cheesy grin cool

1 Like

Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by condralbede(m): 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2015
silent is golden...he wants GEJ to reply him,just ignore that old baboon,he has reached his elastic limit.

1 Like

Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by refreshrate: 12:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
Positiveminds:
It is regrettable that OBJ's hatred for GEJ knows no limits. There are times when elders should learn to keep quiet so that children don't begin to associate them with witchcraft. OBJ has lost every sense of decorum and is near to being consigned to an asylum.

While he was President of Nigeria, OBJ knew that the country's railway system was in comatose, yet he did nothing. This same OBJ spent over N95billion on electricity yet there was no light. Many Nigerians and foreigners died in air disasters, all because he,OBJ, either deliberately meant evil for the nation or just was nonchalant.

Yes, Jonathan failed Nigeria in many areas but OBJ did even worse, and is in no position to criticize anybody. Those live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

At bolded, chisos, guy...oh my God!

4 Likes

Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by April4th(m): 12:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
Stop deceiving yourself,OBJ did nothing. In his 8yrs in office,the only thing he could boast of is gsm. Look at Delta steel company he spent billions of dollars trying to revive and finally sold it to Arcellor Mittal for $30m,not to talk of the billions he also spent on Warri refinery that never refined even a liter of oil. Pls

obailala:
For those of you wondering what OBJ did in 8 years, you are not to be blamed. Most Nigerian Africans only see the present and are incapable of looking into the future or seeing the bigger picture. To most Africans, a good president is the one that builds/renovates roads for immediate consumption.

Obj saved several billions of dollars in his 8 years of leadership so that his successor will have funds to bring about massive infrastructural development. Go and check the amount he met in Nigerian coffers in 1999 when he assumed office and also check the amount he left behind when he left. Good leadership requires forward thinking, vision and proper planning. It is not about indiscriminately awarding contracts or what you achieve now, but rather, it is about what your efforts achieve much later for your constituents.

After many years of military rule, OBJ successfully lifted Nigeria out of a deep economic and political pit and placed Nigeria on the world economic map. OBJ cleared Nigeria's external debts and boosted our foreign reserves like never before. The reason behind that was to strengthen Nigeria's credit worthiness and restore Nigeria's political relevance in the international scheme of things. OBJ's 'wasted' 8 years was wasted in building a mega-momentum for the nation to launch us into massive infrastructural development. Unfortunately for OBJ and for Nigeria, OBJ never knew his successors were going to be visionless, irresponsible wasters.

The train tracks you talk about, it was under OBJ's regime that the masterplan of the modernised Nigerian railway system was prepared. OBJ successfully constructed the Ajaokuta - Warri standard gauge line (which is of great economic importance to the steel cities) and he was about commencing the Abuja to Kaduna standard gauge rail when he handed over to Yaradua. However GEJ came in and renovated the 1903 narrow gauge tracks from Lagos to Kano instead of following the masterplan which was meant to replace the old tracks with modern standard gauges. Now we can only have snail speed trains and people are celebrating GEJ and insulting OBJ. A little investigation would even reveal that the money squandered in resuscitating the 1903 lines would have at least built half of the modern lines thereby giving us standard world class high speed trains.

3 Likes

Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by Proffdada: 12:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
obailala:

they're as clueless as their role model

3 Likes

Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by refreshrate: 12:54pm On Jul 29, 2015
laudate:

Amen!! May God bless you too..! cheesy grin cool

I feel blessed a wise man has prayed for me.

1 Like

Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by vaca1: 12:55pm On Jul 29, 2015
OBJ you are too old for this. right now we dont need your voice. we have so many issues ahead.

1 Like

Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by tete7000(m): 12:56pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
I don't know I found this funny Obj you that waste eight years without adding any track still has the gut to talk. I wonder why this shameless man can't rest and enjoy his loot in peace.

You still dey wonder when you have given the reason yourself. The man is shameless. Simple as that. I want to believe he thinks he is competing with Jonathan and must thus given any opportunity rubbish whatever the man can present as an achievement.

1 Like

Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by obailala(m): 12:56pm On Jul 29, 2015
April4th:
Stop deceiving yourself,OBJ did nothing. In his 8yrs in office,the only thing he could boast of is gsm. Look at Delta steel company he spent billions of dollars trying to revive and finally sold it to Arcellor Mittal for $30m,not to talk of the billions he also spent on Warri refinery that never refined even a liter of oil. Pls

Typical African mind, your only measure of achievement or progress is something that puts food on your plate today today. You are not alone, dont worry.

3 Likes

Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by bendutch(m): 12:56pm On Jul 29, 2015
gratiaeo:
By Moshood Adebayo

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday slammed ex-President Goodluck Jonathan for lacking vision  in the rehabilitation of the railways.

He based his criticism on the fact that the railway lines were obsolete as they were constructed in 1903 and could not match the modern global trends.

The Jonathan administration embarked on the rehabilitation of the railway system with a view of overhauling the sector which had decayed for years and abandoned by previous governments.

“For what reason should anybody in his right senses in Nigeria of today believe that rehabilitating the railway system which was completed in 1903 to carry three million tonnes of goods is what we need today,” he said.

The former president who spoke during a television programme monitored yesterday said there was no earthly reason why the rehabilitated railway system of Nigeria today could serve Nigerians

Obasanjo, who  noted that the system was divided into two, Eastern and Western, lamented that the latter caused a whooping $8.3 billion Dollars

According to him, ‘if Nigeria would achieve the vision 20-20-20, we would need a first class land, water and air transportation, and good land transportation can only be railway and roads.

This man is running mad. You guys should hold him now. Foolish and clueless greedy man. After sleeping with your son's wife. Abi GEJ caused that too.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/railways-jonathan-lacked-vision-obasanjo/
Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by ahaika23: 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2015
Yorubas are cursed set of animals. They came in the form of OBJ in PDP and after messing up the country for eight years, they come again preaching change in the form of Osinbade claiming that PDP (OBJ) has destroyed the country. Notice when OBJ talks, he describes Nigeria as a country in rot for eight (cool years while Tinubu describes a rot of sixteen years. The same set of people with different rhythm without shame or guilt only to steal the world. Nigeria is indeed doomed while the Yoruba remian.

2 Likes

Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by April4th(m): 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2015
Abeg help me ask am. I live in DSc steel town and I have never seen a train track not to talk of a moving train. Like so many obj projects,the Ajaokuta to Warri railway line was an abandoned project.

laudate:

And how many tonnes of steel have been moved by the standard gauge rail tracks constructed from Ajaokuta to Warri? How many passengers have ridden on those tracks? Don't forget that Ajaokuta Steel is still comatose till today.

I said earlier that OBJ should be smacked on the bum for his tardiness. After reading this, I believe he should be flogged for spending 8 years to create a design!!!

As for GEJ, he needs to be publicly exposed and brought to book, if what you have written here is true!

1 Like

Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by ewigmee: 12:58pm On Jul 29, 2015
The gentle young man gives baba sleepless night. Baba please check your bp regularly - Nigeria
needs your good ideas.
Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by refreshrate: 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2015
obailala:
Just like I mentioned earlier, the positive economic, political and social impacts of those 'mere' actions are not visible or quantifiable. So it is very okay if you and I don't see them. As typical Africans, all we can see are the things that immediately put food on our tables.

Awon eleyi gbadun theory gan o
Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by omocopolo(m): 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2015
GEJ created 16 new universities,obasanjo created none,
GEJ introduced YOUWIN,Obasanjo had no such project
GEJ rehabilitated railway,Obj didnt
GEJ had BH,to contend with ,Obj had no such
GEJ introduced lots of foreighn scholarships,under obj. federal scholarship was stoped after two or 3years
Obasanjo leave jonathan alnoe

5 Likes

Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by April4th(m): 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2015
obailala:
Typical African mind, your only measure of achievement or progress is something that puts food on your plate today today. You are not alone, dont worry.

What nonsense are you talking about? As far as Nigeria is concerned,Chief Olusegun Aremu Obadanjo did nothing as president of The Federal Republic of Nigeria. At least you that knows progress and achievements,show me one laudable achievement of the obj administration.
Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by timm1990(m): 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2015
This senile man is on loose again, don't worry I will call Fayose for you now
Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by Homlet(m): 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2015
What kind of comment do we expect from a demented old fool like Obasanjo? A man without value, a man whose existence is an embarrassment to his family and a burden to his children. For 8 solid years this valueless ape was forced on Nigeria by agents who are against Nigerian state. He wasted the 8 years and left the seat of power worse demented than how he came in. Our roads were death traps, we had the worst record of air mishaps yet he did nothing to improve our transport system. His complaint of GEJ fixing or improving the rail transport shows that the man is suffering from elevated dementia. Please Nigerians let us ignore this man and consign him to where he rightly belongs
Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by timm1990(m): 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2015
This senile man is on loose again, don't worry I will call Fayose for you now....fayoseeee!!!!! Come handle this baba for me jare
Re: Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo by gbengus17: 1:05pm On Jul 29, 2015
ONLY A FOOLISH NIGERIAN WILL LISTEN TO OBASONJO------ YOU PUT SHEHU SHAGARI THERE, YOU SAID HE HAS NO VISION---- YOU CAMPAIN WELL AND USE YOUR EXECUTIVE POWER TO PUT JONATHAN THERE==== YOU SAY THE SAME THING=== HE HAS NO VISION. AM SURE IT IS YOU THAT DONT HAVE VISION.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Burial Photos Of Hadiza Sule Lamido / Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family / Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.