Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,193 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Can A Governor Really Do This? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can A Governor Really Do This? (1121 Views)

When Whistle-Blowing Is More Lucrative Than Being A Governor (Hilarious Photos) / Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says / 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Governor Really Do This? by fun4: 8:53am On Jul 29, 2015
It is stale news already that so many state governors are owing public servants salaries ranging between 4months - 9months. www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/06/23-states-owing-workers-says-labour/

So The Question Is This;

CAN ANY STATE GOVERNOR OWING SALARIES RUN HIS STATE WITHOUT BEEN PAID HIS MONTHLY ALLOCATION BY THE FG?

Imo state public servants just embarked on a warning strike yesterday and hear what the governor has to say;

“I want to appeal to workers in Imo State, especially
those concerned, to shun the strike at this time we
are trying to rebuild the entire State for the good of
our people,” he said.

“We did enter an agreement. I want them to respect
that agreement.”
www.post-nigeria.com/rochas-under-pressure-as-imo-workers-embark-on-strike/

On Silverbird Tv 10pm news yesterday, he even asked the workers to show understanding and I ask;

"Can he or any governor for that matter show similar. understanding with the FG when it refuses to pay them. monthly allocations?"

HEAR AREGBESOLA'S OWN REASON for owing 9months salary in Osun state;

"I have found it hard to pay the wage bills owing to the
declining federal allocation to the state. Federal
allocation to the state has reduced by 40 per cent since
2013, thereby making it difficult for my government to
meet its responsibilities,"www.lindaikeji..com/2015/07/why-i-cant-pay-workers-salaries-rauf.html

And I ask, "what ever happened to the remaining 60% for some 9months now?"

GOVERNORS REFUSED TO LISTEN TO CREDIBLE ADVICE FROM FG
Some of our governors are just incompetent and lazy to the extent that they anybody for their poor managerial skills as regards public financing.

FG gave them this advice LONG LONG AGO through the ministry of finance:

“Regarding difficulties in salary payments, certain
governors are trying to blame the Federal Government for their predicament. This is wrong. They had been told through the FAAC to prioritise salaries but they chose not to do so, hence the backlog that some states are experiencing."

“The 50 per cent drop in revenues simply means that
salaries should be prioritised. The Federal Government should not be blamed for avoidable mistakes made at the state level.”
www.punchng.com/news/govs-should-be-blamed-for-unpaid-salaries-okonjo-iweala/

CONCLUSION
Since a public servant has basic responsibilities to himself, family,ad others such as Health, Education, Security, Economic, Social, etc JUST AS the states; THEN HE WHO deprives them(owing state governors) of such should also be deprived.
Re: Can A Governor Really Do This? by wisefizz(m): 8:53am On Jul 29, 2015
Uh

and I ask, "what ever happened to the remaining 60% for some 9months now

Help me ask am ooo....
Re: Can A Governor Really Do This? by DaBullIT(m): 8:55am On Jul 29, 2015
If Jona can spend 2trillion on Election , Do you think he paid out allocation to states? Aregbe screamed that they didn't pay but TANISTs called him propagandist , With time the truth will be out
Re: Can A Governor Really Do This? by Tboysalau(m): 8:56am On Jul 29, 2015
#thingsthatonlyhappenin9ja
Re: Can A Governor Really Do This? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:58am On Jul 29, 2015
YES! Rauf Aregbesola & Rochas Okorocha does that..
Re: Can A Governor Really Do This? by fun4: 8:58am On Jul 29, 2015
They are busy shuttling between Lagos, Abuja, USA and others with public money and yet owing their workers
Re: Can A Governor Really Do This? by eleko1: 8:59am On Jul 29, 2015
Nah condition bend crayfish.Those Gov u mention here tried but something got amiss along.Be rest assured that they'll pay thei workers salary Dis week/next month
Re: Can A Governor Really Do This? by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:01am On Jul 29, 2015
DaBullIT:
If Jona can spend 2trillion on Election , Do you think he paid out allocation to states? Aregbe screamed that they didn't pay but TANISTs called him propagandist , With time the truth will be out
See excuse pathetic, for your information every state receive their allocations till GEJ final days in office BTW where did you see the two trillion GEJ supposedly spend in election
Re: Can A Governor Really Do This? by ksbusari(m): 11:52am On Jul 29, 2015
Hw do you manage wit 60 naira when u av been collecting 100 for ur upkeep? Jonathan's administration caused the whole problem of the state governor inability to pay salaries. D economic downturn is nt an enough reason to slash state allocations. He turned a blind eye to d fact that corruption was a major reason why state governments could nt pay salaries. Ministers in his administration r responsible for over 6 billion dollars theft nw. State government cannot manage wit d slash allocation.
Re: Can A Governor Really Do This? by fun4: 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
Pls do not derail the thread
Re: Can A Governor Really Do This? by fun4: 8:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
DaBullIT:

Hmm
Re: Can A Governor Really Do This? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 29, 2015
wailing wailers
Re: Can A Governor Really Do This? by fun4: 9:38am On Jul 30, 2015
Keep objective; maintain objectivity close to your heart

(1) (Reply)

Something To Wail About Today / Keep Your Weapons, We Will Produce Weapons Locally- President Buhari To US Govt. / I Never Imagined That Hausas Would Become Refugees Like Igbos In Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.