Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Help With Cyanogenmod. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help With Cyanogenmod. (783 Views)

Bounty: 10k For A Cyanogenmod Port For Tecno Droipad 8h / Cyanogenmod 12.1 V3 Real Lollipop 5.1 Custom Rom For TECHNO H6 / Install Cyanogenmod 12.1 On YU Yureka AO5510 - Nightly ROM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Cyanogenmod. by JonesK: 9:32am On Jul 29, 2015
I want to put cyanogenmod on my HTC m7 but I do not know if I should put the official version 11 or the unoffcial version 12.
Apart from this, I do not even know the exact process of loading cyanogenmod on the phone.

Any assistance on any of these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Help With Cyanogenmod. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 29, 2015
JonesK:
I want to put cyanogenmod on my HTC m7 but I do not know if I should put the official version 11 or the unoffcial version 12.
Apart from this, I do not even know the exact process of loading cyanogenmod on the phone.

Thanks.
Before you begin:
Do you know and accept the risks of rooting your device and installing a custom firmware?

Note: DISCLAIMER
Modifying or replacing your device's software may void your device's warranty, lead to data loss, hair loss, financial loss, privacy loss, security breaches, or other damage, and therefore must be done entirely at your own risk. No one affiliated with the CyanogenMod project is responsible for your actions. Good luck.

If so, continue:
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_m7
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Help With Cyanogenmod. by JonesK: 7:39am On Jul 30, 2015
Thanks man but I've been to that site. The reason I opened a topic here is because I'm a noob when it comes to these things and that site isn't for noobs.

Can you, by any chance, run me through a simplified version? If it isn't too much trouble for you.

Thanks.
Re: Help With Cyanogenmod. by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 30, 2015
First of all: Do you have root access?
Do you have a PC?
HTC bootloader -unlike Samsung's- is locked by default and needs to be unlocked before you can flash custom firmware.
If I recall correctly, unlocking the bootloader resets the device, so you'll need to take a backup of your files.
Select your device from the list then follow the instructions.
Come back here when you've unlocked your bootloader.

You can follow the instructions here to unlock your bootloader:
www.android.gs/how-to-unlock-htc-one-bootloader/
Re: Help With Cyanogenmod. by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:23am On Jul 31, 2015
JonesK:

Thanks.

i use the same phone and i used to run cyanogenmod. awesome rom. the official one stops at 5.1 but the unofficial one is 5.2. you can run the unofficial one if you want. it works perfectly, only hitch i encountered was that the camera force-closes once in a while, but that may just have been from my phone.
currently running android revolution HD

(1) (Reply)

Get Cheap Etisalat Data Internet Plan/ Bundle N1000 For 1GB / 3g Connectivity On Lg Ms323 From Metropcs Here In Nigeria.... Is It Possible? / Redmi 3 Pro Vs Redmi Note 3 Pro: The Pro Versions Compared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.