Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,243 members, 7,780,485 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:19 PM

See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe (1410 Views)

Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / What Death Looks Like. Though Alive, I Went There. / Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe by chizidgreat(m): 11:01am On Jul 29, 2015
ARE YOU HAVING ISSUES WITH PAYING TITHE?

One day, a very wealthy man was walking on the road. Along the way, he saw a beggar on the sidewalk. The rich man looks kindly on the beggar & asked, “How did u become a beggar?”

The beggar said, “Sir, I’ve been applying for a job for a year now but haven’t found any. U look like a rich man. Sir, if u’ll give me a job, I’ll stop begging.”

The rich man smiled & said, “I want to help u. But I won’t give u a job. I’ll do something better. I want u to be my business partner. Let’s start a business together.”

The beggar blinked hard. He didn’t understand what the older man was saying. “What do u mean, Sir?” “I own a rice plantation. U could sell my rice in the market. I’ll provide u the sacks of rice. I’ll pay the rent for the market stall. I’ll even give you food allowance everyday for the next 30 days. All u have to do is sell my rice. And at the end of the month, as Business Partners, we’ll share in the profits.”

Tears of joy rolled down his cheeks. “Oh Sir,” he said, “U’re a gift from Heaven. U’re the answer to my prayers. Thank u, thank u, thank u!” He then paused & said, “Sir, how will we divide the profits? Do I keep 10% & u get the 90%? Do I keep 5% & u get the 95%? I’ll be happy with any arrangement.”

The rich man shook his head & chuckled. “No, I want u to give me the 10% & u keep the 90%.”. For a moment, the beggar couldn’t speak. When he tried to speak, it was gibberish. “Uh, gee, uh, wow, I mean, huh?” He couldn’t believe his ears. The deal was too preposterous.

The rich man laughed more loudly. He explained, “I don’t need the money, my friend. I’m already wealthy beyond what u can ever imagine. I want u to give me 10% of ur profits so u grow in faithfulness & gratitude.”. The beggar knelt down before his benefactor & said, “Yes Sir, I will do as u say. Even now, I’m so grateful for what u’ve done for me!”

Each day, the beggar,now dressed a little bit better, operated a store selling rice in the market. He worked very hard. He woke up early in the morning & slept late at night. And sales were brisk, also because the rice was of good quality & after 30 days, the profits were astounding.

At the end of the month, as the ex-beggar was counting the money, & liking very much the feeling of money in his hands, an idea grew in his mind. He told himself, “Gee, why should I give 10% to my Business Partner? I didn't see him the whole month! I was the one who was working day & night for this business. I did all this work! I deserve the 100% profits!”

A few minutes later, the rich man was knocking on the door to collect his 10% of the profits. The ex-beggar opened the door & said, “ U don’t deserve the 10%. I worked hard for this. I deserve all of it!” And he slammed the door.

If u were his Business Partner, how would u feel

But this is exactly what happens to us. God gave us everything. He gave us life, every single moment, every single breath, every single second. God gave us talents, our ability to talk, to create, to earn money.

God gave us our body, our eyes, our ears, our mouth, our hands, our feet, our heart , HE gave us our mind, our imagination, our emotions, our reasoning, our language.

God gave us opportunities, some taken some lost. God put us in positions, he gave us all we have to make the wealth. YET we take all of it for granted walking on the earth with pride as if we are self made ?

We forget His immeasurable bounties & become ungrateful using the very same blessings He gave us to sin & throw back at Him.

The big question is, which of the favours of our Lord would we deny? When will we turn back to Him with gratitude & obedience?

God has granted us all the opportunities to always remember Him and pay our tithes, offering, alms and first fruit.

Sow a little kindness today. By sharing dis message with your friends and family.
http://chiziprecious..com/2015/07/see-what-it-exactly-looks-like-not-to.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe by ladyF(f): 11:02am On Jul 29, 2015
Nice
Re: See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe by majamajic(m): 11:12am On Jul 29, 2015
According to new testament, Christ paid all our dues on the cross. So ? undecided
Re: See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe by Sandydayz(f): 11:34am On Jul 29, 2015
Very true.... I really don't slack wen it comes to tithe
Re: See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 29, 2015
This story would have been plausible if the actual tithe being paid into the coffers of churchianity actually went to fulfil the will of God.

On the contrary it is used for the selfish aggrandizement of charlatans and false pastors.

Besides, God has no use for money, he does not eat money, receive money or transact business in money. His only wish and desire is that we use our surplus and in some cases sacrifice to help the needy , hurt , oppressed and poor who are all around us.

Never, and I mean never pay 10% to a so called MOG again or his church, use your hard earned money to please God in any small way you can.

Flee from these lovers of money and fame.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe by fav444(f): 11:52am On Jul 29, 2015
Some percentage of ur tithe should also go to d very poor and less privileged since the church and her ministers has pushed that function away. instead d take pleasure in owning magnificent buildings, companies, expensive schools, houses and riding d most expensive cars while d poor die every day from hunger and diseases. ironically, this same ministers of d church will still "command" u to tithe all u have to them. May God bring true love and transformation to d church cos we need it badly.
Re: See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe by therealdeal10: 11:54am On Jul 29, 2015
9ice write up, buh r students suppose 2 pay tithes??
Re: See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 29, 2015
ok
Re: See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 29, 2015
therealdeal10:
9ice write up, buh r students suppose 2 pay tithes??

yes Sir
Re: See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe by therealdeal10: 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2015
Buh dy r nt part of d working class
Re: See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe by Iceflox(f): 5:38pm On Jul 29, 2015
therealdeal10:
Buh dy r nt part of d working class
intelligent story, but for foolish purpose. 10 % was for Judaism (old testament ) and not for Christianity
Re: See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe by deltateam: 8:33pm On Jul 29, 2015
I repent in dust and ashes. Oh Lord have mercy on me. Forgive me, make me whole, revive and restore the joy of my salvation, Amen.
Re: See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
chizidgreat:
ARE YOU HAVING ISSUES WITH PAYING TITHE?

One day, a very wealthy man was walking on the road. Along the way, he saw a beggar on the sidewalk. The rich man looks kindly on the beggar & asked, “How did u become a beggar?”

The beggar said, “Sir, I’ve been applying for a job for a year now but haven’t found any. U look like a rich man. Sir, if u’ll give me a job, I’ll stop begging.”

The rich man smiled & said, “I want to help u. But I won’t give u a job. I’ll do something better. I want u to be my business partner. Let’s start a business together.”

The beggar blinked hard. He didn’t understand what the older man was saying. “What do u mean, Sir?” “I own a rice plantation. U could sell my rice in the market. I’ll provide u the sacks of rice. I’ll pay the rent for the market stall. I’ll even give you food allowance everyday for the next 30 days. All u have to do is sell my rice. And at the end of the month, as Business Partners, we’ll share in the profits.”

Tears of joy rolled down his cheeks. “Oh Sir,” he said, “U’re a gift from Heaven. U’re the answer to my prayers. Thank u, thank u, thank u!” He then paused & said, “Sir, how will we divide the profits? Do I keep 10% & u get the 90%? Do I keep 5% & u get the 95%? I’ll be happy with any arrangement.”

The rich man shook his head & chuckled. “No, I want u to give me the 10% & u keep the 90%.”. For a moment, the beggar couldn’t speak. When he tried to speak, it was gibberish. “Uh, gee, uh, wow, I mean, huh?” He couldn’t believe his ears. The deal was too preposterous.

The rich man laughed more loudly. He explained, “I don’t need the money, my friend. I’m already wealthy beyond what u can ever imagine. I want u to give me 10% of ur profits so u grow in faithfulness & gratitude.”. The beggar knelt down before his benefactor & said, “Yes Sir, I will do as u say. Even now, I’m so grateful for what u’ve done for me!”

Each day, the beggar,now dressed a little bit better, operated a store selling rice in the market. He worked very hard. He woke up early in the morning & slept late at night. And sales were brisk, also because the rice was of good quality & after 30 days, the profits were astounding.

At the end of the month, as the ex-beggar was counting the money, & liking very much the feeling of money in his hands, an idea grew in his mind. He told himself, “Gee, why should I give 10% to my Business Partner? I didn't see him the whole month! I was the one who was working day & night for this business. I did all this work! I deserve the 100% profits!”

A few minutes later, the rich man was knocking on the door to collect his 10% of the profits. The ex-beggar opened the door & said, “ U don’t deserve the 10%. I worked hard for this. I deserve all of it!” And he slammed the door.

If u were his Business Partner, how would u feel

But this is exactly what happens to us. God gave us everything. He gave us life, every single moment, every single breath, every single second. God gave us talents, our ability to talk, to create, to earn money.

God gave us our body, our eyes, our ears, our mouth, our hands, our feet, our heart , HE gave us our mind, our imagination, our emotions, our reasoning, our language.

God gave us opportunities, some taken some lost. God put us in positions, he gave us all we have to make the wealth. YET we take all of it for granted walking on the earth with pride as if we are self made ?

We forget His immeasurable bounties & become ungrateful using the very same blessings He gave us to sin & throw back at Him.

The big question is, which of the favours of our Lord would we deny? When will we turn back to Him with gratitude & obedience?

God has granted us all the opportunities to always remember Him and pay our tithes, offering, alms and first fruit.

Sow a little kindness today. By sharing dis message with your friends and family.
http://chiziprecious..com/2015/07/see-what-it-exactly-looks-like-not-to.html
this is so so wrong.
Seed,tithing,firstfruits,offering is NOT and NEVER a prerequisite to God's blessing.
Either you give or not,God blesses you materially.
Re: See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe by Jozzy4: 12:07am On Jul 30, 2015
sportsmaster:

this is so so wrong.
Seed,tithing,firstfruits,offering is NOT and NEVER a prerequisite to God's blessing.
Either you give or not, God's blesses you.

With reference to the underlined, bro .. Who are you reffering to as God?
Re: See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe by openmine(m): 11:00am On Jul 30, 2015
grin grin grin
....Still looking for worldly and well-laid out psychological instances to compel LIBERATED AND NEW COVENANT Christians to TITHE..
The analogy almost convinced me unfortunately this concept has given me more reasons why tithe isn't for new covenant believers.... grin grin grin grin grin
...Keep trying cheesy cheesy
Re: See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 30, 2015
Jozzy4:

With reference to the underlined, bro .. Who are you reffering to as God?
God,the Almighty God.
Re: See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe by Jozzy4: 11:22pm On Jul 30, 2015
sportsmaster:
God,the Almighty God.
Who is the Almighty God ? Whats his name ? undecided
Re: See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe by An2elect2(f): 11:49pm On Jul 30, 2015
What a load of shi.t. You want to tell me about tithing use the bible not fables.
Re: See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 31, 2015
Jozzy4:

maybe you should use GOOGLE.
Re: See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe by Jozzy4: 6:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
sportsmaster:

*sighs* , am suprise at this response from someone I though is spirit - filled , anyway am wrong .
Re: See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe by Jozzy4: 6:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
sportsmaster:

*sighs* , am suprise at this response from someone I thought is spirit - filled , anyway am wrong .
Re: See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe by Scream(m): 12:24am On Aug 01, 2015
Jozzy4:

''I am that I am''

Overflowing confidence...
Re: See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe by Jozzy4: 12:36am On Aug 01, 2015
Scream:

''I am that I am''
Overflowing confidence...

Thanks bro , is " I am that I am" the same person called Jesus ?
Re: See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe by Iceflox(f): 7:24pm On Aug 01, 2015
please dont read old testament again. old things have passed again, in the contest of his covenant God is not the same again like yesterday.
Tithe is in old covenant , that's why it was enforced in old testament.
don't read old testament for us again

(1) (Reply)

हिन्दी Maha Shivratri 2017 Shayari Sms, Messages, Wishes In Hindi Marathi Telugu / Ebo {sacrifice} To Have Children / Recover All Ur Lost Properties By Visiting Our Okija Temple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.