Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,127 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

The God That Never Was * - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The God That Never Was * (3266 Views)

Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer / Run From The Wrath Of God That Is Coming! See History / Let The God That Answers By Fire Be My God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 11:44am On Jul 29, 2015
Ina kwana

THE BIRTH OF "GOD"

"God" was created from the seed of David: "Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the SEED of David according to the flesh." (Romans, 1:3)

"God" was the fruit of the loins of David: "Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne." (Acts, 2:30)

The Ancestors of "God": "The generations of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham." (Matthew, 1:1)

The Sex of "God": "And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called Jesus." (Luke, 2:21)

How Mary Conceived and Delivered "God". Mary conceived Jesus like any other woman: "The days were accomplished that she should be delivered," (Luke, 2:6) which means that she went through all the normal stages of pregnancy. Nor was her delivery any different from other expectant mothers: "And she being with child cried, travelling in birth, and pained to be delivered." (Revelation, 12:2)

"God" Sucked The Paps of a Woman: "And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked." (Luke, 11:27)

The Country of Origin of "God": "Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king. (Matthew, 2:1)

The Occupation of "God": "Jesus was a carpenter by trade." (Mark, 6:3), "and the son of a carpenter." (Matthew, 13:55)

The Transport of "God": "Behold, thy king cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass." (Matthew, 21:5) "And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon." (John, 12:14)

The Wining and Dining of "God": grin "The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners." (Matthew, 11:9; Luke, 7:34)

The Poverty of "God": "And Jesus saith unto him, the foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head." (Matthew, 8:20)

TBC.
Re: The God That Never Was * by oluwalfa: 11:45am On Jul 29, 2015
Ina gejiya

Allah is useless.
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 11:50am On Jul 29, 2015
con

THE DEVELOPMENT OF "GOD" Spiritual Development of "God": "And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom." (Luke, 2:40)

Mental, Physical and Moral Development of "God": "And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man." (Luke, 2:52)

"God" Was 12 Years Old When His Parents Took Him to Jerusalem: "Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover. And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast." (Luke, 2:41-42)

The Powerless "God" (Jesus) said: "I can of mine own self do nothing." (John, 5:30) "God" Was Ignorant of the Time. Jesus said: "But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father." (Mark, 13:32)

"God" Was Ignorant of the Season: "And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he (Jesus) was hungry: and seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find anything thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet." (Mark, 11:12-13)

"God" Was Unlettered: "Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and taught. And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?" (John, 7:14-15)

"God" Learnt Through Experience: "Learned he obedience by the things which he sufered." (Hebrews, 5:cool
Re: The God That Never Was * by Ngasky(m): 11:53am On Jul 29, 2015
from the above one can deduct that Christians believe Jesus was a normal human being by birth so what is so special about him if had both father and mother as depicted in romans 1:3 and acts 2:30 and talking about his [b]parents[\b] does that mean Mary alone or who and who?
i always thought Christians believe Jesus as a god because of the unusual birth circumstances (no paternal father ) now if this is wrong then why does he became God the son?
lastly please i am confused what is the stand of Christianity on alcohol and drunkenness because almost all the verses i came across consider it as evil or am i missing something?
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 11:55am On Jul 29, 2015
HE TEMPTING OF "GOD"

The Devil Tempted "God" For 40 Days: "And immediately the spirit driveth him into the wilderness. And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan." (Mark, 1:12-13)

The Devil Tempted "God" Continuously: "And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season." (Luke, 4:13)

Like the Sinners, "God" Was Tempted In All Things: "But (he) was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." (Hebrews, 4:15)

True God Cannot be Tempted With Evil: "God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man." (James, 1:13)

Only The Ungodly Are Tempted With Evil: "But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed." (James, 1:14)
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 12:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
THE RACIAL "GOD"

"God" Was a Tribal Jew: "The lion of the tribe of Juda." (Revelation, 5:5) "God" Came For The Jews Only: "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." (Matthew, 15:24)

Racial Discrimination of "God": "These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." (Matthew, 10:5-6)

According to "God", The Gentiles Are Dogs: "It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs." (matthew, 15:26) The Kingdom of "God": And he (Jesus) shall reign over THE HOUSE OF JACOB for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end." (Luke, 1:33)

The Titles of "God": "The king of the Jews" (Matthew, 2:2), "The king of Israel" (John, 1:49; 12:13)

1 Like

Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 12:14pm On Jul 29, 2015
A "GOD" UNLIKE THE GOD

A Hungry "God": "And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungered." (Matthew 4:2), "Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered." (Matthew, 21:18), "and on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry." (Mark, 11:12)

A Thirsty "God": "(He) saith, I thirst." (John, 19:28)

A Sleepy "God": "He was asleep." (Matthew, 8:24), "He fell asleep" (Luke, 8:23), "And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow." (Mark, 4:38)

A Weary "God": Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well." (John, 4:6)

A Groaning "God": "He groaned in the spirit, and was troubled." (John, 11:33), "Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave." (John, 11:38)

A Weeping "God": "Jesus wept." (John, 11:35)

A Sorrowing "God": "And (he) began to be sorrowful and very heavy." (Matthew 26:37). "Then saith he unto them, my soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death." (Matthew, 26:38)

A Hysterical "God": "And (he) began to be soreamazed and to be very heavy." (Mark, 14:33)

A Weak "God": "And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him." (Luke, 22:43)

1 Like

Re: The God That Never Was * by Obadiah77(m): 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
wats this nonsense all anout
Re: The God That Never Was * by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
Obadiah77:
wats this nonsense all anout

He is exposing the cowardice of trinitarian
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2012(m): 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2015
Jesus was not an ordinary man like Muhammad.

And she (Mary)
who guarded her
VIRGINITY, so We breathed
into her of OUR SPIRIT
(roohina) and appointed
her and her son to be a
sign unto all beings. (Quran
21:91).

Did Muhammad have that qualification, fake truthman2013?

Muhammad was from idolaterous family and continued idol worship in the name of allahh.

Muhammad was sleeping with anything in skirt, I doubt if he didn't sleep with his daughter, Fatimah.

1 Like

Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 2:06pm On Jul 29, 2015
...be patient, I haven't finish yet.
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2012(m): 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
truthman2013:
...be patient, I haven't finish yet.

Muslims are carnal and cannot understand the things of the Spirit. It is a pity.
Re: The God That Never Was * by Jeromejnr(m): 2:17pm On Jul 29, 2015
truthman2012:

Muslims are carnal and cannot understand the things of the Spirit. It is a pity.

Abeg, don't waste your time answering these people.

Even Jesus did not reason out logic to people to try to convert them. Instead He depended on His Father.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 2:18pm On Jul 29, 2015
THE WARRING "GOD"

The "God" of War: Jesus said: "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." (Matthew, 10:34)

The Sabre-Rattling "God": Jesus said: "And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." (Luke, 22:36)
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 2:23pm On Jul 29, 2015
"GOD" ON THE RUN "God"

Was Panic-Stricken: "After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him." (John, 7:1)

"God" Walked in Fear of the Jews: "Then from that day forth they took counsel together for to put him to death. Jesus therefore walked no more openly among the Jews." (John, 11:53-54)

"God" Has Shown a Clean Pair of Heels: "Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand." (John, 10:39)

"God" Fled in Disguise: "Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by." (John, 8:59)
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 2:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
truthman2012:

If he is not ordinary man, then what was him? GOD ALMIGHTY? simple Yes or no will do...Secondly, what is more ordinary in man than what has been provided in the OP?
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 2:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
truthman2012:

… Do you understand the things of the spirit? simple yes or no will do.
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 2:30pm On Jul 29, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Abeg, don't waste your time answering these people.

Even Jesus did not reason out logic to people to try to convert them. Instead He depended on His Father .

How come your god is depending on another God? that makes him a lesser god don't you think?
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2012(m): 2:33pm On Jul 29, 2015
To to us a child is born, to
us a son is given, and the
government will be on his
shoulders. And he will be
called Wonderful Counselor,
MIGHTY GOD, Everlasting
Father, Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6).

This was a prophecy hundreds of years before Jesus came and nobody disputed this before Muhammad was born many years later.

Prophets after prophets came with none of them disputing it except Muhammad, showing his prophethood was not from the God of bible prophets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 2:38pm On Jul 29, 2015
truthman2012:
MIGHTY GOD, Everlasting
Father,
Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6).

… is he also 'everlasting father' i.e. GOD the FATHER (according to the highlighted)? So, if I bear 'OLUWATOBI' (MIGHTY GOD) does that make me OLUWA (GOD) in reality?
Re: The God That Never Was * by Demmzy15(m): 2:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
[s]
truthman2012:

And she (Mary)
who guarded her
VIRGINITY, so We breathed
into her of OUR SPIRIT
(roohina) and appointed
her and her son to be a
sign unto all beings. (Quran
21:91).

Did Muhammad have that qualification, fake truthman2013?

Muhammad was from idolaterous family and continued idol worship in the name of allahh.

Muhammad was sleeping with anything in skirt, I doubt if he didn't sleep with his daughter, Fatimah.
truthman2012:
MIGHTY GOD, Everlasting
Father, Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6).
This was a prophecy hundreds of years before Jesus came and nobody disputed this before Muhammad was born many years later.
Prophets after prophets came with none of them disputing it except Muhammad, showing his prophethood was not from the God of bible prophets.
[/s]
Frustrated old man, can you 'stfu'?! undecided
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 2:45pm On Jul 29, 2015
THE CAPTURE OF "GOD"

A Friend Betrayed the Secret Hiding Place of "God": "And Judas also, which betrayed him, knew the place: for Jesus off-times resorted thither with his disciples. Judas then, having received a band of man and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, cometh thither with lanterns and torches and weapons." (John, 18:2-3)

"God" Was Arrested, Bound and Led Away: "Then the band and the captain and officers of the Jews took Jesus, and bound him, and led him away." (John, 18:12-13)

"God" Was Humiliated: "And the men that held Jesus mocked him, and smote him. And when they had blindfolded him, they struck him on the face." (Luke, 22:63-64). "Then did they spit in his face, and buffeted him; and others smote him with the palms of their hands." (Matthew, 26:67)

"God" Was Defenseless: "One of the officers which stood by struck Jesus with the palm of his hand", he said: "Why smitest thou me?" (John, 18:22-23) "God" Was Condemned to Death: "And they all condemned him to be guilty of death." (Mark, 14:64). "They answered and said, he is guilty of death." (Matthew, 26:66)

The Dumb and Docile "God": "He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth." (Acts, 8:32)
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2012(m): 3:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
Demmzy15:

Frustrated old man, can you 'stfu'?! undecided

You always have nothing reasonable to say. What point did you make in that post? So you always do.
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2012(m): 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2015
truthman2013:
THE CAPTURE OF "GOD"

A Friend Betrayed the Secret Hiding Place of "God": "And Judas also, which betrayed him, knew the place: for Jesus off-times resorted thither with his disciples. Judas then, having received a band of man and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, cometh thither with lanterns and torches and weapons." (John, 18:2-3)

"God" Was Arrested, Bound and Led Away: "Then the band and the captain and officers of the Jews took Jesus, and bound him, and led him away." (John, 18:12-13)

"God" Was Humiliated: "And the men that held Jesus mocked him, and smote him. And when they had blindfolded him, they struck him on the face." (Luke, 22:63-64). "Then did they spit in his face, and buffeted him; and others smote him with the palms of their hands." (Matthew, 26:67)

"God" Was Defenseless: "One of the officers which stood by struck Jesus with the palm of his hand", he said: "Why smitest thou me?" (John, 18:22-23) "God" Was Condemned to Death: "And they all condemned him to be guilty of death." (Mark, 14:64). "They answered and said, he is guilty of death." (Matthew, 26:66)

The Dumb and Docile "God": "He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth." (Acts, 8:32)

Jesus had the power to save himself but didn't to fulfil his mission.

Matthew 26:51–54
51 And suddenly, one of
those who were with Jesus
stretched out his hand and
drew his sword, struck the
servant of the high priest, and
cut off his ear.
52 But Jesus said to him,
“Put your sword in its place,
for all who take the sword will
perish by the sword.
53 Or do
you think that I cannot now
pray to My Father, and He will
provide Me with more than
twelve legions of angels?
54 How then could the
Scriptures be fulfilled, that it
must happen thus?”

Your quran confirms Jesus had the power for miracles.

In fact, when he said ''here I am'' his arrestors fell without a touch. John 18:6-7: When Jesus said, “I am he,”
they drew back and fell to the
ground. Again he asked them ,
“Who is it you want?

That shows he surrendered himself.
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 3:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
truthman2012:

Matthew 26:51–54
51 And suddenly, one of
those who were with Jesus
stretched out his hand and
drew his sword, struck the
servant of the high priest, and
cut off his ear.
52 But Jesus said to him,
“Put your sword in its place,
for all who take the sword will
perish by the sword.
53 Or do
you think that I cannot now
pray to My Father, and He will
provide Me with more than
twelve legions of angels?
54 How then could the
Scriptures be fulfilled, that it
must happen thus?”

...sir, who is the writer of the above? Was he an eye witness to all that he wrote?
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2012(m): 3:39pm On Jul 29, 2015
truthman2013:

...sir, who is the writer of the above? Was he an eye witness to all that he wrote?

Yes.

At what point of his arrest did the Disciples desert him? They were there at that point in time and that was why Peter could cut off somebody's ear.
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 3:43pm On Jul 29, 2015
truthman2012:

Yes.

At what point of his arrest did the Disciples desert him?

..sir, its not possible to ignore the first question and jump on to the second question. Now please answer the question accordingly.
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2012(m): 3:46pm On Jul 29, 2015
truthman2012:

Yes.

At what point of his arrest did the Disciples desert him? They were there at that point in time and that was why Peter could cut off somebody's ear.

@Rilwayne001

But you saw Matthew.
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 3:47pm On Jul 29, 2015
truthman2012:

In fact, when he said ''here I am'' his arrestors fell without a touch. Matt. 8:6-7: When Jesus said, “I am he,”
they drew back and fell to the
ground. Again he asked them ,
“Who is it you want?

That shows he surrendered himself.

...sir, are you reading the bible upside down? the bible here with me says a different thing Mat 8:6 "Lord," he said, "my servant lies at home paralyzed and in terrible suffering."

Open your eyes sir.
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 3:49pm On Jul 29, 2015
truthman2012:

But you saw Matthew.
..Where?
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2012(m): 3:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
truthman2013:

...sir, are you reading the bible upside down? the bible here with me says a different thing Mat 8:6 "Lord," he said, "my servant lies at home paralyzed and in terrible suffering."

Open your eyes sir.

Sorry, it is John 18:6
Re: The God That Never Was * by Demmzy15(m): 3:54pm On Jul 29, 2015
truthman2012:

You always have nothing reasonable to say. What point did you make in that post? So you always do.
I don't wanna engage in a futile arguement

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Use Your Hi Power To Win The World Become What You Want Without Rituals / Did Google Map Saw God: / Pastor Tb Joshua's Church Being Investigated By Uk Health Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.