Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,519 members, 7,801,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! (3499 Views)

MTN Has Landed The Big Train............ For Student / MTN Has Done It Again / Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by UrbanMystique: 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2015
it's about there extra time thing..

i mean, i borrowed 100naira this morning to make a quick text cos i was doing something important and couldn't go and get a recharge card.. i used 4 naira to send the message.

on my way out now, i decided to load 400 naira on my phone, to my surprise, mtn deducted the whole 100 naira instead of the 4naira i used for the text, or the 14 naira plus the service charge.

this is the first time i will be borrowing money from mtn, so my question is this part of term of service that customers don't know about or just mtn's usual way of reaping customers off ..

the money isn't the problem but the principle.
Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by Abugab(m): 12:56pm On Jul 29, 2015
If you borrowed 100 naira and you loaded 400 naira therafter, you will have 100 naira removed not the 4 naira for the sms. But haven sent an sms plus the 10% charges on you borrowed airtime, it will amount to 14 naira and you will be left with 86 naira as balance.
You should however have 386 naira as bbalance and not less.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by demmy0325(m): 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2015
Dial *606#.. And check Ur balance.. Ur money will be there..
Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by importexpert(m): 12:59pm On Jul 29, 2015
UrbanMystique:

i mean, i borrowed 100naira this morning to make a quick text cos i was doing something important and couldn't go and get a recharge card.. i used 4 naira to send the message.

on my way out now, i decided to load 400 naira on my phone, to my surprise, mtn deducted the whole 100 naira instead of the 4naira i used for the text, or the 14 naira plus the service charge.

this is the first time i will be borrowing money from mtn, so my question is this part of term of service that customers don't know about or just mtn's usual way of reaping customers off ..

your borrowed money is still in your account. you will exhaust it before your main credit will be charged.
Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by Milliprime: 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2015
That has been mtn practice for over 5 months now.

If you try calling mtn customer services, they will tell you is just [code][/code]200 or the amount.

NCC need to step up.

2 Likes

Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by biggerboyctech: 1:10pm On Jul 29, 2015
the amount you borrow will be there, it does not mixed with the money u recharge
Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by Dygeasy(m): 1:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
Customer Care is not for decoration. This thread is very unnecessary.

3 Likes

Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by Olalekanbanky1(m): 1:44pm On Jul 29, 2015
the borrowed account (*606#) is different from ur normal account (*556#)... so check the formal to see ur #86 balance
Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 29, 2015
Stop accusing MTN falsely jhoor.
Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by udemzyudex(m): 1:50pm On Jul 29, 2015
Hahahahaha... The op is confuse, you no do your Calculation well abi....

You borrowed #100, whether u use 4 or less, they will take back their #100... You still got ya balance.
Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by Publ1cEnemy(m): 1:51pm On Jul 29, 2015
UrbanMystique:

You no fear, you dey do business with mtn..

You never chin chun chin.
Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 29, 2015
its normal, your airtime is still intact

just that its invincible at the moment...
Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by UrbanMystique: 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2015
importexpert:

your borrowed money is still in your account. you will exhaust it before your main credit will be charged.
do i have to? what if i wanna make a subscription or something?

that's a total reap off
Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by imsuboi(m): 2:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
Dygeasy:

MTN customer care is for decoration. This thread is very necessary. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by UrbanMystique: 2:13pm On Jul 29, 2015
Tomfrench:
its normal, your airtime is still intact
just that its invincible at the moment...
Olalekanbanky1:
the borrowed account (*606#) is different from ur normal account (*556#)... so check the formal to see ur #86 balance
Olalekanbanky1:
okay. i think i got it now.
thanks guys
Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by UrbanMystique: 2:17pm On Jul 29, 2015
Dygeasy:
it's actually necessary cos many people are as ignorant as i was.. now, many people have the knowledge of how to go about it.

besides, why do i have to wait on line for mtn customer care when the only solution to every problem is we are sorry sir, we will call you back bla bla bla ..when there is alternative?

2 Likes

Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by innoochigbo(m): 2:23pm On Jul 29, 2015
Mtn boro me credit is clear. Ur money is still there. Their stealing is on true talk and true talk plus. Criminal packages!
Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by rman: 3:17pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ignorance.

Even if it were a bank, is the process not the same? assuming the credited account is your salary account

1 Like

Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by Abbey2sam(m): 3:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
UrbanMystique:

your extra-time balance is different from your main balance............so mtn hasn't done anything this time
Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 29, 2015
udemzyudex:
Hahahahaha... The op is confuse, you no do your Calculation well abi....

You borrowed #100, whether u use 4 or less, they will take back their #100... You still got ya balance.
That's why I like Airtel. Why because if I borrow from them and didn't use the airtime after the stipulated validity, they deduct the money borrowed. They don't deduct immediately because you borrowed from them. Infact they started the borrow airtime before MTN copied from them. MTN non trust nigerians because majority are crook.
Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by udemzyudex(m): 4:50pm On Jul 29, 2015
asuustrike2009:

That's why I like Airtel. Why because if I borrow from them and didn't use the airtime after the stipulated validity, they deduct the money borrowed. They don't deduct immediately because you borrowed from them. Infact they started the borrow airtime before MTN copied from them. MTN non trust nigerians because majority are crook.

Yeah, that's one thing i like about airtel, they allow you to use small out of the airtime b4 deducting unlike mtn that will do fastest finger with you... Immediately you recharge, omo your money don borrow leg....
Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 29, 2015
udemzyudex:

Yeah, that's one thing i like about airtel, they allow you to use small out of the airtime b4 deducting unlike mtn that will do fastest finger with you... Immediately you recharge, omo your money don borrow leg....
udemzyudex:

udemzyudex:

That is mtn for u
Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 29, 2015
That not withstanding, Mtn are real thieves, I mean dey steal 4rm you weda u like it or not. They kep on deducting 50 naira on daily basis 4rm my fone, av tried calling their customer care on several occasions but no option 2 speak with an agent infact I dnt recharge my mtn again, I prefer using my other lines to make call.....bloody idiots!!
Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by nicerichard05: 9:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
UrbanMystique:

OP sincerely I only read the first paragraph and I lost interest in reading d remaining story..

See why u dey explain to us the reason u borrow 100 credit? Wetn be our biz with Wetn u use am do? The fact be say u nor get cash to buy credit at that time and u decided to borrow.

Pls abeg nor come here con dey form big man, besides der is no crime in borrowing?

Make I see weda I fit read d story finish as I don comment nw.

Coming to modify later cheesy

*****Modify****
This story looks unreal to me undecided undecided
Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by jamex93(m): 9:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
lolx
funny op
Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by nenergy(m): 10:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
Dygeasy:
Super comment! Most customers don't know terms and condition of services before using it. Its is first time after all. cheesy
Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by nenergy(m): 10:14pm On Jul 29, 2015
UrbanMystique:
it's actually necessary cos many people are as ignorant as i was.. now, many people have the knowledge of how to go about it.

besides, why do i have to wait on line for mtn customer care when the only solution to every problem is we are sorry sir, we will call you back bla bla bla ..when there is alternative?
See ehn, wazup people only call customer care to resolve issues. I can't remember the last time I called any care line. I visit their website or do a Google search.
Re: Mtn Has Taken Stealing To Another Level! by encryptjay(m): 11:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
You had to open a thread to accuse Empty hen wrongly?

Should lightening strike you for this now, who will you blame?
Walks out....

(1) (Reply)

Iphone Dey Mad / What Is The Android Phone With The Best Camera For 100k / White Texas Students Set Up ‘slave Trade’ In Snapchat Group Get Disciplined

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.