Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

I Do Not Wish To Go To Heaven. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Do Not Wish To Go To Heaven. (675 Views)

Are Muslims Going To Heaven? - Daddy Freeze Gives An Answer / Pastor Claimed He Went To Heaven. See The Heavenly Photos He Took(photos) / 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Do Not Wish To Go To Heaven. by Pigin1: 1:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
For those of you worried about the possibility of my soul's eternal damnation to hell. . I wish to clearly state here that I do not wish to go to heaven. . The idea of a place where every being dresses in white abi gold. Doing nothing but singing and worshiping a certain supreme being DOES NOT APPEAL TO ME. . I cannot stand religious gathering here on earth in this life, why would I want to end up in a place where I will perpetually habitate with people I cannot stand. . Yet again I still can't figure out exactely how my skin (body) which will physically decompose after I die will end up in a place where it will perpetually burn in a furnance. . Did I hear you say its not my flesh that will end up in hell but my spirit? . My little understanding of the concept of spirit is that it is without a body or form. Spirits cannot feel the pain of the scourging fire (I will need my skin and brain for that). Same body that would have decomposed. . I think the church need to upgrade their concept of Spirit to include one that still has functioning body parts.

4 Likes

Re: I Do Not Wish To Go To Heaven. by Kossyne(m): 1:44pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ur business bro!

1 Like

Re: I Do Not Wish To Go To Heaven. by onweson(m): 3:31pm On Jul 29, 2015
May the holyspirit help U
Re: I Do Not Wish To Go To Heaven. by HCpaul(m): 3:54pm On Jul 29, 2015
Hmm... Broken things can become useful in God's hand.
Re: I Do Not Wish To Go To Heaven. by BOWOTO(m): 3:57pm On Jul 29, 2015
you're confused op.
Re: I Do Not Wish To Go To Heaven. by NumberOne2(m): 4:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
So who says spirits cannot feel? You think they are robots?
God is a Spirit and does have emotions (love, anger, compassion etc). Ever heard of fruits of the Spirits?

As for going NOT going to Heaven. God is just, so at Heaven's gate, just say I am not interested.
I'm sure there will be an alternative place for you. wink
Re: I Do Not Wish To Go To Heaven. by Pigin1: 4:47pm On Jul 29, 2015
NumberOne2:
So who says spirits cannot feel? You think they are robots?
God is a Spirit and does have emotions (love, anger, compassion etc). Ever heard of fruits of the Spirits?

As for going NOT going to Heaven. God is just, so at Heaven's gate, just say I am not interested.
I'm sure there will be an alternative place for you. wink
You mean to say hell fire, where my spirit will born to ashes?
Re: I Do Not Wish To Go To Heaven. by NumberOne2(m): 5:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
Pigin1:
You mean to say hell fire, where my spirit will born to ashes?

Hmmm, I didnt mention hell fire. You did.
Perhaps what I meant is since you said you dont like religious gatherings, you may be excepted from Heavenly gatherings.
Re: I Do Not Wish To Go To Heaven. by milkymesh: 7:42pm On Jul 29, 2015
Here is someone who reason with his brain. Do people reason think deeply about the crap there are taught in the churches or mosque?

Pigin1:
For those of you worried about
the possibility
of my soul's eternal damnation to
hell.
I wish to clearly state here that I
do not
wish to go to heaven.
The idea of a place where every
being
dresses in white abi gold. Doing
nothing but
singing and worshiping a certain
supreme
being DOES NOT APPEAL TO ME.
I cannot stand religious gathering
here on
earth in this life, why would I
want to end
up in a place where I will
perpetually
habitate with people I cannot
stand.
Yet again I still can't figure out
exactely
how my skin (body) which will
physically
decompose after I die will end up
in a place
where it will perpetually burn in
a furnance.
Did I hear you say its not my
flesh that will
end up in hell but my spirit?
My little
understanding of the concept of
spirit is
that it is without a body or form.
Spirits
cannot feel the pain of the
scourging fire (I
will need my skin and brain for
that). Same
body that would have
decomposed.
I think the church need to
upgrade their
concept of Spirit to include one
that still has
functioning body parts.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 07/08/15 / How Can I Be A Hearer Of The Audible Voice Of Our Lord Jesus Christ? / This Is For The Catholics.please Dont Get Annoyed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.