Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:57 PM

Difference Between Butter And Mangerine - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Difference Between Butter And Mangerine (52239 Views)

Unrefined SHEA-BUTTER & Virgin COCONUT OIL For Sale / What Is The Difference Between Soup, Stew And Sauce? / Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by wellmax(m): 6:54pm On Jul 29, 2015
Shehucom:
Is blueband butter or margarine?
Check the pack, its written there
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by wellmax(m): 6:54pm On Jul 29, 2015
Shehucom:
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by NaijaOptimist: 6:55pm On Jul 29, 2015
adebayo201:
Barma nko

undecided

And maiyonise too
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by nellyelitz(m): 6:55pm On Jul 29, 2015
Thank God for our Nairaland
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by idbami2(m): 6:55pm On Jul 29, 2015
I am confused.. Is BlueBand margarine or butterr?

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by kingkoboko: 6:55pm On Jul 29, 2015
People shud avoid butter o! It's made from milk & milk causes cancer. Google "Milk Cancer Jane Plant" if u no believe me.

Meanwhile, read the legendary NIGERIA VS INDIA match story here on www.IndiaVsNigeria.com
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by skyfullofstars(f): 6:56pm On Jul 29, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

FALSE!

I heard that margarine is unhealthy.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by Spidermon: 6:56pm On Jul 29, 2015
**webslings into first page**

MODIFIED:
**webslings out*
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by k4kenny(f): 6:57pm On Jul 29, 2015
Margarine is actually the healthy alternative compated to butter cos of its presence of poly saturated fatty acids. Butter is more likely to clog the arteries.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by dazzle5: 6:57pm On Jul 29, 2015
also learnt that Butter is not healthy for consume.
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by Tats(m): 6:59pm On Jul 29, 2015
Butter should not be refrigerated.
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by Meti99(m): 7:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
IYANGBALI:
Butter is used in eating foods,magarine is used to lubricate toto,condoms etc for easy penetration

So, u are back from your exile.
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by floragregs(f): 7:01pm On Jul 29, 2015
Shehucom:
it's butter. Margarine is mostly for cooking.
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by ProdigyLoco(m): 7:01pm On Jul 29, 2015
Rubyventures:
Margarine is unnatural while butter is natural.

y u no get sense
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by fairygeh(f): 7:01pm On Jul 29, 2015
I prefer margarine anytime anyday.#teamkerigold salted please cheesy
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by chubbygal(f): 7:02pm On Jul 29, 2015
Good info. But what is the difference B/w Akpa and fufu?
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by goshen26: 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2015
adebayo201:
Barma nko

undecided

U mean Barak?

He is in NEW YORK
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by IYANGBALI: 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2015
Meti99:

So, u are back from your exile.
where I went to collect magerine for you grin tongue
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
Butter is a natural food product. It is the fats of milk that have separated out naturally as a result of churning. Margarine is a processed food product made from various refined oils. Vitamins are added to enrich the product

Summary:

Butter: made of fatty cream of cow’s milk; contains full of saturated fat and natural cholesterol; expensive; and easily become spoiled when there is no proper storage.

Margarine: made from vegetable oils; contains various vitamins; less fat and cholesterol; and cheaper than butter.

http://www.differencebetween.net/object/difference-between-butter-and-margarine/
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by Stylz69(m): 7:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
Simply, Margarine is made from hydrogenated vegetable oil while butter is made from milk.
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by donodion(m): 7:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
I like this.Henceforth I'm all for margerine.
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by allcomage: 7:13pm On Jul 29, 2015
Rubyventures:
Margarine is unnatural while butter is natural.

Two of them are processed and are very unhealthy. Stop using them now,if not, You are enriching manufacturers pockets at your own detriment. They are the major cause stroke,hbp,heart attack and a whole lots of other noncummicable diseases ravaging the world.
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by Lucasbalo(m): 7:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
icemann:
You forgot to mention excess consumption of both products is bad for your health.
They raise your cholesterol levels and make you more prone to heart problems.
You are right on point. People should stay away from all that heart blocking cholesterol filled junk.
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by kannymoore(m): 7:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
IYANGBALI:
Butter is used in eating foods,magarine is used to lubricate toto,condoms etc for easy penetration

ROtflMaOOoooooo!!! gringringrin grin grin grin grin !
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by wellmax(m): 7:16pm On Jul 29, 2015
Shehucom:
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
I Ain't Using Either, I'll Rather Remain Faithful To My BAMA!
It Rocks!
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
Physical difference would have been better so we can identify them in a store when we go to buy them.
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 29, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
......and yet another eye opener embarassed

Source: http://www.foodsng.com/stop-buying-margarine-as-butter-see-the-differences/

Anybody who never knew the difference between butter and margarine until this time was probably born an ajepako. Right from as long as I can remember my dad used to take us to the then kingsway stores and we would buy groceries , butter , margarine , ice cream every fortnight. We would always refrigerate the butter and ice cream ( the ice cream came in buckets ) . The thing is we can't even be termed as ajebutter but we tried.
@op: You can tell the difference in taste unless you don't have taste buds and a sense of smell.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by Vivly(f): 7:26pm On Jul 29, 2015
In Naija, everything eaten with bread is called butter.

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by davidque007(m): 7:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
Quite informative
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by MozB: 7:37pm On Jul 29, 2015
icemann:
You forgot to mention excess consumption of both products is bad for your health.
They raise your cholesterol levels and make you more prone to heart problems.

hehehe... That is a similarity, nt a difference.
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by davidque007(m): 7:41pm On Jul 29, 2015
IYANGBALI:

Kai, I lack words to describe you. Must you show the whole world your level of promiscuity.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Tuber Of Yam Man Bought For ₦1200 (Photo) / Man Bakes Crocodile Cake (Photos) / This Is How You Eat When You Pay 50k For Aso Ebi[funny Photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.