Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim (47716 Views)

Nairaland Artiste Andy Blaze drops Two New Singles " Put Call" And "Pikachu" / Five Nigerian Artiste That Are Struggling To Get Another Hit / Opinion : Top Five Most Featured Nigerian Artiste (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2015
undecided
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by holluwai(m): 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2015
Davido bawo now? Ehn!!!! Na wha
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Rounakid(m): 8:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
B
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by ruggedtimi(m): 8:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
where is oleku and ur waist...skelewu and ojuelegba no follow
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 29, 2015
i can relate with the songs on this list
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 29, 2015
Heartbeat. cool

Rita ora, onye oshi. When she was asked how her song "R.I.P" was successful and where she got the beat from, she wanted to lie.

But i loved how she later gave credits to Nneka, and asked her to tour with her smiley

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by viktor01(m): 8:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
Besides African queen & Oliver twist, I didn't even knw dat d odas u mentioned existed.
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by afolwalex20(m): 8:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
Iyanya - kukure
Wizkid - samba ft sarz

Dose 2 were world wide hits

Abeg which 1 b nneka- heartbeat
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Revolva(m): 8:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
Nonsense pls remove davido n wizkid song there abeg.....biased view..of op balderdash

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by afolwalex20(m): 8:30pm On Jul 29, 2015
killjoy:
y do posters always end der post with dis " Cc lalasticlala,Ishilove"

Cc lalasticlala,Ishilove

Alert for front page!!!
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by yorke1: 8:30pm On Jul 29, 2015
That's what I am talking about. Dbanj always representing. Where is Mavins on that list? Bunch of locals!!!

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 29, 2015
wizkid's ojuelegba is one nice piece i can't deny together with tuface's African queen kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Lasgidy1(m): 8:33pm On Jul 29, 2015
Why is yori yori not on the list?
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by vonn(f): 8:34pm On Jul 29, 2015
viktor01:
Besides African queen & Oliver twist, I didn't even knw dat d odas u mentioned existed.
Guy, you can lie shaa... undecided
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by afolwalex20(m): 8:35pm On Jul 29, 2015
yorke1:
That's what I am talking about. Dbanj always representing. Where is Mavins on that list? Bunch of locals!!!

What's he saying
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 29, 2015
SaiBuharii:
If pSquare was not added because it is on a different league. What is 2face looking for on that list? That's an insult to him!
seconded

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by afolwalex20(m): 8:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
Lasgidy1:
Why is yori yori not on the list?

No b only yori yori

Mtchew
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by fanficgirl(f): 8:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
Why is personally not on that list? Thats definetly an international one!
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by tola9ja: 8:37pm On Jul 29, 2015
Iamsynord:
These are Singles that have not only gained Grounds locally but have also reached high International acclaim and recognition worldwide
This List does not include Remixes with american or international artiste but Mainly original songs

1) Nneka HeartBeat - Nneka hearbeat Track is one of the most internationally recognized Nigerian songs . The NEA award winning act released the Song to world wide critical acclaim, It got featured in the Hollywood movie, You got Served and as being Sampled by many artistes including Drake, Rita Ora and Chase&Status as well as a Remix that Featured American Superstar NAS.

2) Tuface African Queen - African Queen is also another original song by Tuface idibia that has Received international acclaim and Fame .The Song Served as the Soundtrack for Hollywood Movie ,Phatz girls and Also brought in many Awards for Tuface including MTV European Award

3) Davido Skelewu - Skelewu Became one of the few Nigerian songs to Attain constant play status on International BBC 1 xtra Playlist. The Track has been Remixed by Various Artistes across Africa like Uhuru and Many celebrities have Embraced the dance style like Adebayor,Samuel Eto ,meek mill.
The Song was playee during an Halftime break when Atletico madrid played Espanyol in Estadio vicente Caldero.Major lazer ,an international act also did a cover of the Song .

4) Dbanj Oliver Twist - This song has been termed perphaps the Greatest Song out of Africa. The Song Reached No 9 on the Top 10 UK singles Chart and No 1 on the Shazam Uk Chart. This Single Got Him a Deal with Kanye West Good Music.He performed at the Afcon Finals and The Song was played at The Russia vs Brazil Olympics Basketball match.
it Featured on The Britain Got Talent show by CEO dancers and has been remixed by Many Foreign Artistes notably Pitbull and Estelle ..

5) Wizkid Ojuelegba - Off The Chart Topping Wizkid Sophomore Album,Joy which the Rollingstone named one of the top 100 albums .Ojuelegba was perphaps the most popular Single off the album and became an instant hit with various Cover being Done by Sarkodie and many other Artistes. Ellie Goulding,Drake and Skepta are some Celebrities that have applauded the song and The Remix ft Drake and Skepta is fast gaining ground.

Please Note that the Likes of Angelique Kidjo, Fela Kuti,Femi kuti and Asa, Psquare are Totally in a League of Their Own !!!

p square personally

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by anonimi: 8:38pm On Jul 29, 2015
Iamsynord:
Please Note that the Likes of Angelique Kidjo

Is Angelique Kidjo a Nigerian?
I thought she is from Benin Republic, not so

2 Likes

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by afolwalex20(m): 8:38pm On Jul 29, 2015
SaiBuharii:
If pSquare was not added because it is on a different league. What is 2face looking for on that list? That's an insult to him!

So wetin u dey try talk??

2face n psquare na mate?

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by toprealman: 8:38pm On Jul 29, 2015
Emmaesty:
Tuface African Queen is a Nigerian classic, one of the best songs and musical videos ever produced.
I love Oliver Twist by Dbanj... .. .. The guy is a legend
HOW IS THIS YOUR 'LEGEND' COPING POST MO-HITS? HOW MANY HITS APART FROM BROTHER YOU WHICH I LIKE SO MUCH?
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Staru1(m): 8:39pm On Jul 29, 2015
without psquare on the list?
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by afolwalex20(m): 8:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
Revolva:
Nonsense pls remove davido n wizkid song there abeg.....biased view..of op balderdash

Take am easy abeg!!!

U ll get dere too

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 29, 2015
I like the disclaimer at the end.

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by M4gunners: 8:41pm On Jul 29, 2015
Op you must be kidding. P square chop my my money is number 1 in Europe.
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Revolva(m): 8:42pm On Jul 29, 2015
afolwalex20:

Take am easy abeg!!!

U ll get dere too

Get where I tell u say I be artist....abi davido n wizkid will get there not me
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by vickydevoka(m): 8:42pm On Jul 29, 2015
De enlisted singles ain't good enough. my list goes lyk this, in no chronological order;

2face african queen(BET)

olu maintain yahoozee

Nice Konga so

Iceprince Oleku (BET)

aiye davido (BET)
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by afolwalex20(m): 8:44pm On Jul 29, 2015
Revolva:

Get where I tell u say I be artist....abi davido n wizkid will get there not me

Dey are dere already bro..
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Sanchez01: 8:47pm On Jul 29, 2015
damiloladuke1:
when am I gonna be what I wanna be, when am I gonna see what I wanna see, when am I gonna go where I wanna go... time is ticking and I can't wait no more... will dreams ever come true in this part of this world...

Lyrics by the superfluous GT da Guitarman - Dreamer.

Mehn, I so love his songs likesmiley
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by afolwalex20(m): 8:47pm On Jul 29, 2015
vickydevoka:
De enlisted singles ain't good enough. my list goes lyk this, in no chronological order;

2face african queen(BET)

olu maintain yahoozee

Nice Konga so

Can't stop laughing grin grin grin grin grin

Konga so ko well so ni

It's gonna aso

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wizkid Joins Justin Bieber On Stage To Perform Essence: PICS & VIDEO / Eedris Abdulkareem Is Battling Kidney Failure Seeks Fans' Prayers / Ayo Orowale, Broadcaster Is Dead (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.