Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Why's Everybody Selling Their LG G3??? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why's Everybody Selling Their LG G3??? (2338 Views)

Why Is Everybody Selling Their Tecno Camon C9 / Why Is Everybody Selling His/her Infinix Hot 2?? / Why Is Everyone Selling Their Samsung Galaxy S5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why's Everybody Selling Their LG G3??? by donhils: 5:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
It seems people are just selling their LG G3 phones, what could be the reason?
Re: Why's Everybody Selling Their LG G3??? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
Poor battery backup. Or maybe they want to opt in for lg g4
Re: Why's Everybody Selling Their LG G3??? by Bratking(m): 11:39am On Jul 30, 2015
From what I heard, the battery life is deplorable, and the UI lags a lot.
Re: Why's Everybody Selling Their LG G3??? by donhils: 11:56am On Jul 30, 2015
xvbill:
Poor battery backup. Or maybe they want to opt in for lg g4
Battery life is not all there is to a smartphone. I mean there are tons of good quality and affordable powerbank out there. I also don't believe that the battery is that poor. According to phonearena battery test(na only them know how they test), they said Galaxy S5 lasted 7hrs plus while the G3 lasted 6hrs plus, so if that be the case the battery isn't so bad after all. I was expecting it to be around 3hrs or 2hrs for the G3, then I'd beliv the battery is really horrible.
Re: Why's Everybody Selling Their LG G3??? by donhils: 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2015
Bratking:
From what I heard, the battery life is deplorable, and the UI lags a lot.
I don't also beliv the G3 lags. (I later went to that Guaranty shop at Temp site Unizik and they said they no longer have G3 ) so ever since then I haven't seen another place to buy yet. The phone seems to be very scarce and that sucks. But my experience with galaxy s4 and LG optimus G pro makes me have more confidence in LG phones. My S4 started lagging heavily after about 5 to 6 months and I didn't install much apps...just the necessary things. To launch phone, text msg, calculator, contacts and other phone apps took at least 4 to 5 seconds and I found that very disgusting. On the other hand my G pro was opening everything with lightning speed . S5 however, is not excluded from this Samsung bloated touchwiz_ though I haven't used the s5 for like hours (to actually notice how slow it is) I'm almost 98% sure it would lag; at least some reviews mentioned it.
Plus I forgot to mention, my s4 started peeling those silver coating round the phone(even though it never fell down for one day cos I was very careful with it) after some time...within 5 months. Am also sure the s5 would peel with time if u don't use those awkward looking pouches.
Re: Why's Everybody Selling Their LG G3??? by Bratking(m): 12:46pm On Jul 30, 2015
donhils:

I don't also beliv the G3 lags. (I later went to that Guaranty shop at Temp site Unizik and they said they no longer have G3 ) so ever since then I haven't seen another place to buy yet. The phone seems to be very scarce and that sucks. But my experience with galaxy s4 and LG optimus G pro makes me have more confidence in LG phones. My S4 started lagging heavily after about 5 to 6 months and I didn't install much apps...just the necessary things. To launch phone, text msg, calculator, contacts and other phone apps took at least 4 to 5 seconds and I found that very disgusting. On the other hand my G pro was opening everything with lightning speed . S5 however, is not excluded from this Samsung bloated touchwiz_ though I haven't used the s5 for like hours (to actually notice how slow it is) I'm almost 98% sure it would lag; at least some reviews mentioned it.
Plus I forgot to mention, my s4 started peeling those silver coating round the phone(even though it never fell down for one day cos I was very careful with it) after some time...within 5 months. Am also sure the s5 would peel with time if u don't use those awkward looking pouches.

Many of what you said ain't true. The G3 is scarce because the demand is negligible. Shops don't like to place an order for what they can't sell in time. Ever wondered why the S5 and Z2 are almost always available? Their demands are high.

I had an option of buying a cheaper G3, but I chose the S5 instead. Why? It's more durable, more accessible, more feature rich. Better UI integration. S5 on Lollipop 5.0.2 comes with toned down touchwiz bloatwares, that doesn't affect the ram in any way, giving the user a seamless performance. The S5 is also easy to root, I rooted mine with Kingroot 4.5 that can also root S6 and Z3. LG G3, however, is unsupported. Good luck rooting your G3 if you ever buy one, lolz.

For your S5 to lag, then it's either you have too much bloatwares that haven't been removed or disabled, or, your os is buggy. Your phone is as good as the Os powering it. Mine doesn't lag at all, but then I run mine on beast mode, which can be tweaked from the developers option.

Finally, according to several YouTube videos, G3 lags a lot, and it's all because of it's ineffectual QHD display. It can be addressed however by a visit to the developers option. The screen looks dull when placed side by side with the S5. It's all on YouTube, check it out.

1 Like

Re: Why's Everybody Selling Their LG G3??? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 31, 2015
donhils:

Battery life is not all there is to a smartphone. I mean there are tons of good quality and affordable powerbank out there. I also don't believe that the battery is that poor. According to phonearena battery test(na only them know how they test), they said Galaxy S5 lasted 7hrs plus while the G3 lasted 6hrs plus, so if that be the case the battery isn't so bad after all. I was expecting it to be around 3hrs or 2hrs for the G3, then I'd beliv the battery is really horrible.
or. Wait wait
I have used the g3 and on my usage it last 5hrs. U said 6hrs plus dats wat phonearena said but do u care to look down at what the phone users themselves said? Pls check user reviews. Even on xda many people complain of poor battery backup 4-5hrs. Meanwhile g2 did 9-10hrs. M8 did around 9hrs xperia Z3 an z3 plus were the highest around 12hrs so G3 is far behind. Look i like everything about G3 and am a fan but when i used G2 i began loving G2 more just because everything went smoothly with the phone
Re: Why's Everybody Selling Their LG G3??? by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 31, 2015
Donhils. Power banks are good but they shorten battery life cus the more u charge the more circles deplet and battery becomes weaker. A phone that has lasting battery backup would make more than 2.5yrs on its battery without replacement because u dont need to charge it always. but a useless phone that sucks juice, and is addicted to ur charger always like charge 2-3 times a day will need replacement in a year or the battery will be terrible, get the science behind battery. Its better for me to have a phone like Motorola droid turbo instead of s6. U get my point. Battery is the life of ur phone
Re: Why's Everybody Selling Their LG G3??? by donhils: 9:45am On Jul 31, 2015
xvbill:
or. Wait wait
I have used the g3 and on my usage it last 5hrs. U said 6hrs plus dats wat phonearena said but do u care to look down at what the phone users themselves said? Pls check user reviews. Even on xda many people complain of poor battery backup 4-5hrs. Meanwhile g2 did 9-10hrs. M8 did around 9hrs xperia Z3 an z3 plus were the highest around 12hrs so G3 is far behind. Look i like everything about G3 and am a fan but when i used G2 i began loving G2 more just because everything went smoothly with the phone
So if they reported 6hrs plus and it lasted 5hrs, that means galaxy s5 they reported 7hrs plus would last 6hrs. I'm trying to compare it with S5. Have u used that one too?
Plus why would I get an Xperia phone that I don't even know whether Sony has got any service center in Nigeria and I also read the battery takes a whooping 3hrs 30mins plus or minus 10 to 15mins to charge.
Re: Why's Everybody Selling Their LG G3??? by donhils: 9:51am On Jul 31, 2015
xvbill:
Donhils. Power banks are good but they shorten battery life cus the more u charge the more circles deplet and battery becomes weaker. A phone that has lasting battery backup would make more than 2.5yrs on its battery without replacement because u dont need to charge it always. but a useless phone that sucks juice, and is addicted to ur charger always like charge 2-3 times a day will need replacement in a year or the battery will be terrible, get the science behind battery. Its better for me to have a phone like Motorola droid turbo instead of s6. U get my point. Battery is the life of ur phone
There's no proof to the claim that charging shortens battery life and that cycle shit doesn't work with all batteries. I bought LG pro in 2013, I read the manual very well and read the battery care part. They said the battery could be charged as many times as I want and that there's no cycle. Guess what, in 2 months time now the phone would be 2yrs old and I've been charging it always (with big gen, small gen, nepa, powerbank, laptop, rechargeable fan, Infinix Hot note pro via usb on the go cable) and yet my ba3 has remained the same.
Re: Why's Everybody Selling Their LG G3??? by Baroba(m): 9:57am On Jul 31, 2015
xvbill:
or. Wait wait

All these hours your are quoting, are the screen on time?
Re: Why's Everybody Selling Their LG G3??? by Bratking(m): 11:16am On Jul 31, 2015
Double post.
Re: Why's Everybody Selling Their LG G3??? by Bratking(m): 11:24am On Jul 31, 2015
From personal experience, S5's battery on heavy usage usually depletes after 6 hours. What I love most about the phone is it's ability to fast charge. The 3.0 micro usb port is nothing like I have ever seen before.

Re: Why's Everybody Selling Their LG G3??? by Femistico(m): 12:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
A counter- thread to

Why is evrybody selling there samsung galaxy s5

I smell fp

(1) (Reply)

Help! Which Good Phone Can I Get With 45k With Above Spec / Best Call Recorder App For Android anyone? / My Infinix Hot 4 Pro Battery Now Drains 8 Times As Fast.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.