Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,192 members, 7,780,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:27 PM

Sexy Igbo Names - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Sexy Igbo Names (46269 Views)

Igbo Names And Their Funny Direct Translations / Are There Igbo Names In The South East Not Understood By All South Easterners? / Western Blacks with Igbo Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sexy Igbo Names by Phut(f): 4:33pm On Aug 09, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:
I have a list of beautiful igbo names,both ancient and modern.
For now am in love with names like Urenna, Nnenna, Yagazie, Zerenyi, Eringa, Udodirim, Akuoma, Amauche, Ochonma, Ekezie, Onyinye, Ucheoma, Ihuoma, Akuabata, Nonso, Ebube, Ginika,Oyooyo, Ikunna, Anayo, Akwaugo, Uchenna, Chidiadi, Dinneya, Ekeoma and Ahanna from the rattle snake movie,lol.

Beautiful names.

does Zerenyi mean stainless?
Re: Sexy Igbo Names by Ihuomadinihu: 4:37pm On Aug 09, 2015
Igbo names have been used as music titles to praise Igbo girls, lol.
Felix Liberty, Flavour,Solid star, Psquare etc have used a female igbo name at one point or the other.
According to popular opinion,igbo people have the best romantic/sweet names.
*shines teeth*
Re: Sexy Igbo Names by Ihuomadinihu: 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2015
Phut:

Beautiful names.

does Zerenyi mean stainless?
It means *avoid friends. I had a classmate with that name and i always felt that his parents went through a horrible experience with a close friend.
The guy was quite reclusive in class sef.
Re: Sexy Igbo Names by Phut(f): 4:51pm On Aug 09, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

It means *avoid friends. I had a classmate with that name and i always felt that his parents went through a horrible experience with a close friend.

Oh, so it's Zere enyi. I thought it was a contraction of Zere unyi (dirt). The meaning is heavy. Don't think I would name my child that

1 Like

Re: Sexy Igbo Names by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 09, 2015
Ihuomadinihu

What's the meaning of Oyooyo if you don't mind.

I just love that Nonso even tho it's a tad common. All the Nonso's I met have been so cute. I'm naming one of my kids that whether male or female
Re: Sexy Igbo Names by PreciousBro: 5:23pm On Aug 09, 2015
Neaatochukwu,

Uchechukwu,

Nnedimma,

1 Like

Re: Sexy Igbo Names by Phut(f): 5:49pm On Aug 09, 2015
MrsPhyno:
Ihuomadinihu

What's the meaning of Oyooyo if you don't mind.

I just love that Nonso even tho it's a tad common. All the Nonso's I met have been so cute. I'm naming one of my kids that whether male or female

Pardon me @ Ihuoma.

I believe Oyooyo = Dear/Dearest

When a woman travels or comes back from work, her children usually run out shouting Mommy oyooyo = Mommy dearest

1 Like

Re: Sexy Igbo Names by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 09, 2015
Phut:

Pardon me @ Ihuoma.

When a woman travels or comes back from work, her children usually run out shouting Mommy oyooyo = Mommy dearest
Oooooh I remember now
Didn't know the meaning but I heard it sang in that 'Welcome to Enugu' song by Flavour and Stormrex cheesy

So cute. Do people actually use it as a name?
Re: Sexy Igbo Names by Phut(f): 7:04pm On Aug 09, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Oooooh I remember now
Didn't know the meaning but I heard it sang in that 'Welcome to Enugu' song by Flavour and Stormrex cheesy

So cute. Do people actually use it as a name?

I've only heard people use it as a term of endearment. A man calling his wife Oyoyo'm and vice versa. But I would think nothing stopping a person from answering it as a name. Not when we have the likes of Jennifer LOVE Hewitt

1 Like

Re: Sexy Igbo Names by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 09, 2015
Phut:

I've only heard people use it as a term of endearment. A man calling his wife Oyoyo'm and vice versa. But I would think nothing stopping a person from answering it as a name. Not when we have the likes of Jennifer LOVE Hewitt
Yeah good point. As a nickname it would be cuter. Igbo terms of endearment just make me happy

Like obi'm or something like that. My heart. So cuuuute

1 Like

Re: Sexy Igbo Names by Phut(f): 7:34pm On Aug 09, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Yeah good point. As a nickname it would be cuter. Igbo terms of endearment just make me happy

Like obi'm or something like that. My heart. So cuuuute

Add Nkem to the list
Re: Sexy Igbo Names by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 09, 2015
Phut:

Add Nkem to the list
Nkem..... Means?

I like that adding that 'm' to the end of words makes it possessive. Mine. Very nice.

I'm learning small small grin

1 Like

Re: Sexy Igbo Names by Phut(f): 8:06pm On Aug 09, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Nkem..... Means?

I like that adding that 'm' to the end of words makes it possessive. Mine. Very nice.

I'm learning small small grin

Nke'm means My own/mine

Nke Yi/Gi means Your own

Nke fa/ha/wo means their own

The name Nkemjika = My own that I am holding (I.e the child)is greater.
Ji= hold. Jide= to hold. Ka=bigger or greater

1 Like

Re: Sexy Igbo Names by ChinenyeN(m): 11:16pm On Aug 09, 2015
Chinachriss:
Abeg, dede Ngwa, park well, which one be Alaoma? I know you're a proud Ngwa man cos I've followed Igbo threads here on Nairaland. My mum is from Ngwa too but I must admit, I dont like Ngwa names one bit. Alaoma no sweet kobo for my ears o! Ngwa names such as Mgbechi, Nwanganga, nwamgburuka,Diogo, Kasarachi etc, these names funny die o
Nye kena o hie l'olee? Abeg, Alaoma too sweet. As for the other names, okay. We're here talking about names will possible sex appeal and I didn't list any of those for a reason. So what is your aim with the rest of that post? Make you park well naa.

Chinachriss:
My brother, it is Amamihe in Igbo izugbe which translates to knowledge. Chinenye wants rub his Ngwa culture on us. Well, good for him.
bia okene, o di igbu gh mgbu? grin
Re: Sexy Igbo Names by Ihuomadinihu: 7:37pm On Aug 10, 2015
Phut:

Pardon me @ Ihuoma.

You are right. It's a form of endearment.

1 Like

Re: Sexy Igbo Names by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 07, 2018
Phut:

He is awesome, isn't he? Do you know another group that I like? Desperate Chicks. Although they have disbanded. They speak a dialect that is kind of deep, but the thing sweet die. I have to listen to them a couple of times before I can fully grasp what they are saying. Have you heard of them? One of the group members is now a solo act. Her stage name is Stormrex.

Okay last stalk from me tongue
That's my dialect that they sing in
Wawa of the Agbaja (Ezeagu/Udi) variety
However they don't "do" me that much...

1 Like

Re: Sexy Igbo Names by ebukaejiofor1: 12:14am On Feb 19, 2019
Deckynyansha:
olaedo is gold....
means golden jewel actually ola- jewel Edo - gold
Re: Sexy Igbo Names by ebukaejiofor1: 12:21am On Feb 19, 2019
Ihuomadinihu:

full pronunciation :zerenyiojo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

13 Trending Nigerian Slangs And Their Meanings / The Beauty Of Igbo Isiagu Attire / Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.