Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations (29865 Views)

Port Harcourt, Warri Refineries Producing 7m Litres/per Day Of PMS – Kachikwu / Kaduna, Warri Refineries Shut Down Over Pipeline Attack. / I Cannot Take Credit For The Revival Of The Refineries - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by ocelot2006(m): 7:50am On Jul 30, 2015
rusher14:

Butthurt much?

Butthurt about what? About your inept Daura President? No thanks. 'guess you equally w@nk on paper like your president. No surprises there.
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by DesChyko: 8:15am On Jul 30, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

You are a clown even clowns would deny.

#BRUTALITY grin

But wait oo..
Una families dey quarrel from village? undecided
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by mitobi: 10:40am On Jul 30, 2015
So it can be possible again. I hope this is for real and it will last

MItobi CCTV , we sell and install all kind of electronic security product,
CCTV
IP CAMERA
ACCESS CONTROL
BIOMETRIC
ELECTRIC FENCING
AUTOGATE

WE ARE BASE IN PORT HARCOURT , ABUJA, LAGOS.
WE DON'T JUST SELL, WE ARE PROFESSIONAL,
ALSO FIND US ONLINE IN WWW.MITOBILTD.COM, WWW.NAIZON.COM
Toyin@mitobiltd.com
08033133950, 08033414280

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by fxskye: 11:36am On Jul 30, 2015
PassingShot:
Alhamdulillah. Thank God for delivering us from PDP's pledge of 2016.

I stand by it that had GEJ won the election, our refineries wouldn't be working even in 2016. It's a route we have traveled many times with GeJ/NNPC.

How can a govt that said it categorically in March 2015 that refineries can't work earlier than 2016 now lay claim to this achievement? Here is the link of that promise http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/refineriesll-be-back-on-stream-2016-nnpc/

PMB's no nonsense is what made NNPC to put its acts together. Good name is better than gold and diamond.

Hum....True Talk.

If PMB has not looked into NNPC let alone TAM for our Refineries and the saTANiods claiming this to be GEJ achievement.....You would agree with me that the real GOODLUCK to Nigerians is Muhammadu Buhari

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by fxskye: 11:43am On Jul 30, 2015
firstEVA:
Sai Buhari, the president whose body language gets things done grin

As Hausa go say..."Kawai". Your post captures everything...."BODY LANGUAGE".
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by fxskye: 11:57am On Jul 30, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

It's GEJ's achievement.

Buhari can revive a refinery in two months but he can't stop Boko Haram or salvage the naira's abysmal plunge?

The same Buhari that has been more outside the country than in it?

The one whose only achievement is updating pictures?

Hummm....... Now I understand your level of administrative knowledge. So if you own a company, do operational activities stand still whenever you are not in your office?

I dey laugh you in 4D
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by fxskye: 12:09pm On Jul 30, 2015
fallskyed:

this is the good work of ex president, goodluck jonathan..

But he kept quiet over all his good deeds and plans for the nigerian pple...

Stop deceiving us........We are wiser than your myopic thoughts. Very soon you will tell us that Buhari is the most corrupt politician in Nigeria.

GEJ led-Govt told Nigerians that the earlier year our refinery can start working again is 2016.
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by paulinade: 12:10pm On Jul 30, 2015
May God do away with the likes of you. As you have no truth in you
idolda:
Thank you GEJ
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by fxskye: 12:12pm On Jul 30, 2015
liberty300:
Thank you GEJ

They blame GEJ for corruption, insurgency but won't blame him for refineries and polio vaccines.. Tell us howrefineries are built in 2 months and boko haram can't be stopped in 2 months as promised

Just built refineries? Choice of words really matter ooooo better comment in pigging
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by paulinade: 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2015
You all saying it is jonathan's handiwork are all foolish. Senseless. Why did the refinery not startwork over 16yrs ago. Why is it it now when we have a responsible president/VP. People like you will never become relevant to nigeria that I can assure you
handie:
Ehya. Buhari enjoying the fruit of another man's(Jonathan) labor. God pls may another man not enjoy the fruit of my labor. Take it or leave it, Nigerian refineries started operation in Buhari's tenure. Power generation reached an all time high during Buhari's tenure... Na who read na him serious, who pass, na him know book. All the same, thanks to Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for setting the foundation.
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by Ken4Christ: 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2015
Our major concern is not who should take the credit but that it should reflect in a much lower pump price for all the products in the shortest possible time. I love to see a Nation where Petrol can be sold for N50 per litre, Kerosene for N30 per litre and proportionate reductions in other products.
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by laudate: 1:25pm On Jul 30, 2015
989900:
1. The past administration's goal was not to get the refineries working.

2. According to Diezani, they were better sold off.

3. The 4 refineries needed just N99b (after as usual), but the past administration would rather spend trillions on importation of refined products, waste billions on flights and similar sorry things, while our refineries were purposefully left at averagely less than 15-20% functional capacity for years!

4. The non-working refineries meant merry business times for beneficiaries of it's near demise. From oil-swap frauds to subsidy fraud, while the rest of us bear the brunt -- from severe fuel scarcity, to drain on Forex, in effect, strangling of the Naira resulting in hyper-inflation, and ultimately impoverishment of the people.

5. The extent of GEJ's complicity is less known (at least to me).

6. The past admin would not have taken the TAM serious, nor initiate it's commencement in Oct. 2014, if the elections weren't coming up in Feb.2015 (see it's approach to Boko Haram in the build up to the elections for comparison).

7. If the past admin retained the presidency, it would have been business as usual and more of the same.
Even the earlier proposed completion date by NNPC (April, 2016), would have been nothing but some pipe dream, in lieu of this earlier completion dates -- cause 'there's a new Sheriff in town'.

8. Contrary to some comments on here, it is actually possible to complete a TAM in 30-60 days or thereabout! TAM took roughly 100 days or thereabout at the Warri refinery in 2000, even though a sizeable portion of it was also affected by fire!

9. Most of the parts needed for the TAM for the PH refinery have actually been sitting locked up in containers at the Onne port for months before now!

10. All the enumerated above are 'facts' carefully researched, vetted, and stated without any sentiment. If you do have any contrary opinion, kindly state it with facts, and not your personal opinion.
#welearneveryday

Please this is the internet age. Kindly post the link to your source of these carefully researched and vetted facts, so we can read and verify. wink We can no longer swallow such stories hook, line & sinker. Most of the comments masquerading as 'facts', have often been found to be nothing more than a figment of the imagination of some folks.

Even PMB has refused to take credit for the revival of the refineries. He said it live on air during a TV programme. I guess you were busy watching a football match on another channel during that time, and you missed it. Even NNPC came up to say they had spent 9 months working on the TAM. Was PMB in power, 9 months ago?? shocked shocked

Please see this link and watch PMB declining to take credit for an achievement that cannot be linked directly to him. Some of you are hell-bent on making the man into a deity of some sort, despite the guy's misgivings.

https://www.nairaland.com/2460862/cannot-take-credit-revival-refineries
"I cannot take credit for the revival of the refineries because I have no input to it, if I say I had a hand in it, it will be a lie and I cannot tell lies."
~President Buhari said on NTA Towards a Greater Nigeria anchored by Omotayo Omotosho."

Watch it here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttD5Tr-c9fQ
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by laudate: 1:26pm On Jul 30, 2015
For anyone attributing the success of GEJ's policies, programmes, plans and achievements to PMB who just emerged on the scene, may all their own plans and achievements be attributed to their own enemies and opponents.

May another man lay claim to their success and take credit for their own hardwork. shocked May their achievements and outputs be attributed to a third party, because of his body language!

Can I get an Amen from somebody??! sad
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by 989900: 5:17pm On Jul 30, 2015
laudate:

Please this is the internet age. Kindly post the link to your source of these carefully researched and vetted facts, so we can read and verify. wink We can no longer swallow such stories hook, line & sinker. Most of the comments masquerading as 'facts', have often been found to be nothing more than a figment of the imagination of some folks.

Even PMB has refused to take credit for the revival of the refineries. He said it live on air during a TV programme. I guess you were busy watching a football match on another channel during that time, and you missed it. Even NNPC came up to say they had spent 9 months working on the TAM. Was PMB in power, 9 months ago?? shocked shocked

Please see this link and watch PMB declining to take credit for an achievement that cannot be linked directly to him. Some of you are hell-bent on making the man into a deity of some sort, despite the guy's misgivings.

https://www.nairaland.com/2460862/cannot-take-credit-revival-refineries

Read my comment again with an open mind.
BTW, I actually did post links on similar comnents I made from before . . . that aside, most points I made are easily verifiable. #googleisurfriend

If you have a problem with any of the enumerated, kindly prove me wrong.
Now, I need to tell you, some of my info are not online intel -- I actually have friends and family who work at both the Warri and PH refineries

If you did go thru my comment with an open mind, it was in no way about PMB being the one who commissioned the TAM, rather, my comment was about the rot (which even the blind and deaf can attest to), and also about the sense of accountability in the air and fear of punishment driving all ministries, arms of government, parastatals and individuals.
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by ustyno(m): 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2015
I guess is not Buhari hand work... still on honey moon grin
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by laudate: 5:46pm On Jul 30, 2015
989900:

Read my comment again with an open mind.
BTW, I actually did post links on similar comnents I made from before . . . that aside, most points I made are easily verifiable. #googleisurfriend

If you have a problem with any of the enumerated, kindly prove me wrong.
Now, I need to tell you, some of my info are not online intel -- I actually have friends and family who work at both the Warri and PH refineries

If you did go thru my comment with an open mind, it was in no way about PMB being the one who commissioned the TAM, rather, my comment was about the rot (which even the blind and deaf can attest to), and also about the sense of accountability in the air and fear of punishment driving all ministries, arms of government, parastatals and individuals.

Are you for real??! Google throws up hundreds of multiple entries for every phrase typed into its' search engine. Some of them are not necessarily accurate, or even directly related to the subject. So saying Google is your friend, is akin to sending someone on a wild goose chase! You may have to sift through tons of material to get something directly related to the subject at hand, despite the refined number of searches you undertake. If truly your comments are verifiable, please post the exact links to the exact articles, journals or studies that bear witness to your assertions!

Is that too much to ask??! shocked shocked shocked

Secondly, you make sweeping assertions and snide comments about a person's motive and character ....and you expect us to just take your word for it! Chai! Do you think your online audience are a bunch of dummies?

You claim that some of your 'info are not online intel'. I laughed when I read this. So why did you allude to them, when you had no way of substantiating such info in writing? Only folks on an ego-trip do such things.

Guy, take a chill pill. You are not inside GEJ's head, so stop ascribing evil motives to everything linked to him.
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by 989900: 5:54pm On Jul 30, 2015
[/i]
laudate:

[i][s]Are you for real??!
Google throws up hundreds of multiple entries for every phrase typed into its' search engine. Some of them are not necessarily accurate, or even directly related to the subject. So saying Google is your friend, is akin to sending someone on a wild goose chase! You may have to sift through tons of material to get something directly related to the subject at hand, despite the refined number of searches you undertake. If truly your comments are verifiable, please post the exact links to the exact articles, journals or studies that bear witness to your assertions!

Is that too much to ask??! shocked shocked shocked

Secondly, you make sweeping assertions and snide comments about a person's motive and character ....and you expect us to just take your word for it! Chai! Do you think your online audience are a bunch of dummies?

Your claim that some of your 'info are not online intel'. I laughed when I read this. So why did you allude to them, when you had no way of substantiating such info in writing? Only folks on an ego-trip do such things.

Guy, take a chill pill. [s]You are not inside GEJ's head, so stop ascribing evil motives to everything linked to him[/s][/s].

You'r trying too hard, but you are not reaching.

What part of the listed do you have a problem with, and state why with facts; that was my assertion -- simple.

Anyone can have an opinion (wrong or right); draw skewed inference.
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by laudate: 6:09pm On Jul 30, 2015
989900:

You'r trying too hard, but you are not reaching.

What part of the listed do you have a problem with, and state why with facts; that was my assertion -- simple.

Anyone can have an opinion (wrong or right); draw skewed inferences.

Why are you taking panadol for this kind of headache?? shocked shocked

There is no need to get touchy, just answer the question and post the links. If you recall, I quoted where you stated that you had " carefully researched and vetted facts,". All I asked was that you post the source of these so-called facts!

Instead of posting the link, you turned round to claim that "Google is your friend," and asked me to make a list! Wow! shocked

Let me ask again: "Are you for real?"
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by 989900: 6:52pm On Jul 30, 2015
laudate:

Why are you taking panadol for this kind of headache?? shocked shocked

There is no need to get touchy, just answer the question and post the links. If you recall, I quoted where you stated that you had " carefully researched and vetted facts,". All I asked was that you post the source of these so-called facts!

Instead of posting the link, you turned round to claim that "Google is your friend," and asked me to make a list! Wow! shocked

Let me ask again: "Are you for real?"

Are you gon' pay me tuition?

Respectfully sir, I do not owe you any form of education.

I'll repeat, kindly state which of the enumerated is false; with facts . . . then the onus . . . would be on me.

I don't get paid to do this .

You can't say I'm wrong or lying for the sake of it. Make a list of my falsehood or fabrications in the previously enumerated.
I'd have to write a book and post what, north of over 50 links just for you?
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by laudate: 7:22pm On Jul 30, 2015
989900:

Are you gon' pay me tuition?

Respectfully sir, I do not owe you any form of education.

I'll repeat, kindly state which of the enumerated is false; with facts . . . then the onus . . . would be on me.

I don't get paid to do this .

You can't say I'm wrong or lying for the sake of it. Make a list of my falsehood or fabrications in the previously enumerated.
I'd have to write a book and post what, north of over 50 links just for you?

I am going to say this very slowly ... because I know you have a problem with comprehension.

Your former post at 9:09pm On Jul 29th stated that you had "carefully researched and vetted facts," undecided That is the problem I have with your post.

Now post the source of those facts, so those facts can be verified! Why is that so hard for you to do! shocked shocked shocked

Na wah o!
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by 989900: 7:25pm On Jul 30, 2015
laudate:

I am going to say this very slowly ... because I know you have a problem with comprehension.

Your former post stated that you had "carefully researched and vetted facts." undecided That is the problem I have with your post.

Now post the source of those facts, so those facts can be verified! Why is that so hard for you to do! shocked shocked shocked

I guessed as much . . . 'nada', zilch.
#boringalready
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by laudate: 7:31pm On Jul 30, 2015
989900:

I guessed as much . . . 'nada', zilch.
#boringalready

Hahaha...! When people like you turn propaganda into "carefully researched and vetted facts," it is always easy to shoot yourself in the foot! There is no need to say anymore... you have proved that your post consists of nothing more than conjecture based on a false premise.

Just go and sin no more! angry

NB: Long before the sale of the refineries was mooted under the last administration, OBJ had already concluded sale of 2 refineries while he was President. Pls read the details here:

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday expressed regrets over the sale of two of the nation’s oil refineries, which was concluded before he exited office in 2007, but was reversed by his successor, the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua because he succumbed to pressure.

Obasanjo said this in an interview on Channels Television yesterday.
The former president said business mogul, Aliko Dangote, leading a consortium of investors, had paid $750 million for two of the refineries, as the federal government considered it difficult managing the plants at the time. He explained that instead of Yar’Adua consolidating on the sale so that the investors could revamp the refineries, his successor succumbed to pressure and reversed their sale.

source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/obasanjo-yar-adua-regrettably-reversed-sale-of-refineries/216079/
https://www.nairaland.com/2490697/obasanjo-yaradua-regrettably-reversed-sale
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by MrDoGood(m): 11:01pm On Jul 30, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

It's GEJ's achievement.

Buhari can revive a refinery in two months but he can't stop Boko Haram or salvage the naira's abysmal plunge?

The same Buhari that has been more outside the country than in it?

The one whose only achievement is updating pictures?

My friend, you've said it all.
That guy is lost just like his president Buhari.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Massive Turnout For Mr Jollof’s Rally In Warri, Delta State (photos) / Bichi Must Go; Buhari Must Halt Slide Into Despotism - Premium Times Editorial / Pictures As Sango Market Women Protest Scarcity Of New Naira Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.