Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,405 members, 7,781,172 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:12 AM

How To Activate Windows 10 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Activate Windows 10 (34618 Views)

Kmspico Windows 7 [activate Windows 7 For Free] {pictures} / How To Activate Windows 7/8/8.1 Pro Build 9600 For Free | 2016 / Lean How To Use Microsoft Toolkit To Activate MS Office 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Activate Windows 10 by Horlufemi(m): 8:38pm On Jul 29, 2015
A lot of people are having issues activating windows 10

Use these KMS Keys for your corresponding windows 10 editions:-
1. Windows 10 Professional W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
2. Windows 10 Professional N MH37W-N47XK-V7XM9-C7227-GCQG9
3. Windows 10 Education NW6C2-QMPVW-D7KKK-3GKT6-VCFB2
4. Windows 10 Education N 2WH4N-8QGBV-H22JP-CT43Q-MDWWJ
5. Windows 10 Enterprise NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43
6. Windows 10 Enterprise N DPH2V-TTNVB-4X9Q3-TJR4H-KHJW4
7. Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB WNMTR-4C88C-JK8YV-HQ7T2-76DF9
8. Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB N 2F77B-TNFGY-69QQF-B8YKP-D69TJ

Example for Windows 10 Pro – CMD (Admin)
Enter each line and press enter

slmgr/ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
slmgr/skms kms.xspace.in
slmgr/ato

For others just download Windows 10 iso from microsoft. Check the os on your system first e.g. single language and download the single language edition iso on Microsoft website. Mount/extract the iso and install from there. It will be pre activated.

Good luck
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 29, 2015
Op don't upgrade yet. Think of all the bugs undecided. We still have a whole year to go. Am happy with my windows 8.1 cool
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 29, 2015
Windows seven still my favourite.
My linux distro where I compile my roms sits on top of my winds 7
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by dhsfbi(m): 10:44pm On Jul 29, 2015
I tried this during the technical preview, it does not work. complaining about KMS, but will soon find solution.
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by dhsfbi(m): 10:46pm On Jul 29, 2015
Vanquay:
Op don't upgrade yet. Think of all the bugs undecided. We still have a whole year to go. Am happy with my windows 8.1 cool
Even the RTM has no bug at my end.

1 Like

Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by 2kurupt(m): 6:45am On Jul 30, 2015
How backward compatible is the new OS? I hope it won't alter any of my already installed programs & files?
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by abnsugbe: 7:39am On Jul 30, 2015
Tenks to the poster....windows 10 might be the best windows ....7 is still ontop of the matter for now
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by Horlufemi(m): 10:10am On Jul 30, 2015
2kurupt:
How backward compatible is the new OS? I hope it won't alter any of my already installed programs & files?

it's very backwards compatible
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by 2kurupt(m): 10:53am On Jul 30, 2015
Horlufemi:

it's very backwards compatible

Last and final question smiley

Am getting some disappointing news from tech sites about the inability to disable windows update for windows 10 home users, knowing the data access situation in the country do you have an idea if updates take place only when connected to an Ethernet data source? Don't want to have all my small data zapped while tethering from my android device coz of an update I might not need.
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by Horlufemi(m): 11:59am On Jul 30, 2015
2kurupt:

Last and final question smiley

Am getting some disappointing news from tech sites about the inability to disable windows update for windows 10 home users, knowing the data access situation in the country do you have an idea if updates take place only when connected to an Ethernet data source? Don't want to have all my small data zapped while tethering from my android device coz of an update I might not need.

yeah that set your WiFi as metered connection so it will know its using counted data. you know your phones and laptops know WiFi is unlimited internet in developed countries. here it isn't, its all capped. just set it as metered connection and you're good to go.

How to set your connection as metered:
To start, click on the Wi-Fi connection in the taskbar on the far right side and select Network settings at the bottom of the panel that pops up. This will open the Settings app. Alternatively, you can just open the Settings app and click Network & Internet > Wi-Fi .
The Settings app lets you set a Wi-Fi connection as metered.

At the bottom of the Wi-Fi screen select Advanced options . This opens the advanced settings for the Wi-Fi access point you’re currently connected to. Next, scroll down to Metered connection and turn the slider to On under Set as metered connection .

That’s it. You’re done!

The next time Windows 10 has an update ready, you’ll be notified that an update is available for download. You can either grab it then or wait until you’re on a non-metered connection.

2 Likes

Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by Obinnio: 2:22pm On Jul 30, 2015
What of updates for one using cracked version,won't it brick some functions just as the windows 8 does to pictures template when connected and update is on
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by Horlufemi(m): 3:05pm On Jul 30, 2015
Obinnio:
What of updates for one using cracked version,won't it brick some functions just as the windows 8 does to pictures template when connected and update is on

Download single language windows 10 from Microsoft website. Use the key that came with your laptop. (Under the laptop). If your system is the modern ones with no key in sight just download and install. It will automatically activate when collected online

Upgrading pirated windows will still make your windows pirated.
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by biggerboyctech: 4:56pm On Jul 30, 2015
pls i can't activate my window 7 ultimate. help me pls
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by michealekene(m): 7:57am On Jul 31, 2015
Horlufemi:

yeah that set your WiFi as metered connection so it will know its using counted data. you know your phones and laptops know WiFi is unlimited internet in developed countries. here it isn't, its all capped. just set it as metered connection and you're good to go.

How to set your connection as metered:
To start, click on the Wi-Fi connection in the taskbar on the far right side and select Network settings at the bottom of the panel that pops up. This will open the Settings app. Alternatively, you can just open the Settings app and click Network & Internet > Wi-Fi .
The Settings app lets you set a Wi-Fi connection as metered.

At the bottom of the Wi-Fi screen select Advanced options . This opens the advanced settings for the Wi-Fi access point you’re currently connected to. Next, scroll down to Metered connection and turn the slider to On under Set as metered connection .

That’s it. You’re done!

The next time Windows 10 has an update ready, you’ll be notified that an update is available for download. You can either grab it then or wait until you’re on a non-metered connection.

Wonderful....so it wld only chk for updates and den alert you? Dis is the only thing stopping me from installing my already downloaded ISO file for win 10 home.
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by Horlufemi(m): 10:00am On Jul 31, 2015
michealekene:

Wonderful....so it wld only chk for updates and den alert you? Dis is the only thing stopping me from installing my already downloaded ISO file for win 10 home.

Security updates will be downloaded o. Just so u know.
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by michealekene(m): 12:04pm On Jul 31, 2015
Horlufemi:

Wht does dis mean again?? Im not completely safe?...the metered connection thing is in "devices"...I just turned it off, it states "enabling it wld mk my system download automatically over metered connections"
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by Horlufemi(m): 12:07pm On Jul 31, 2015
michealekene:

Wht does dis mean again?? Im not completely safe?...the metered connection thing is in "devices"...I just turned it off, it states "enabling it wld mk my system download automatically over metered connections"

You have to turn it on. But windows will still update (security updates only).
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by michealekene(m): 12:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
Horlufemi:

Wht do u advice finally!??... Dis win 10 wwy I just download don tire mi. My device is already permanently activated, if I decide to upgrade to 8.1, d version I v isn't activated. Using KMSpico, kms tool...nd all I don't know if dose things permanently activates windows, I know dey activate it, but not for how long. Am1 said after 90 days or smtin. Security ish wld catch up quickly with dose in such act faster dan with win home.
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by michealekene(m): 12:16pm On Jul 31, 2015
Horlufemi:

You have to turn it on. But windows will still update (security updates only).

Ok....it means the security update will only be of less mb (in just weary of my data as I use fone hotspot on my system) I wonder y sas has refused to connect to my lappy via modem.
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by Obejieric(m): 12:24pm On Jul 31, 2015
Activate Any Microsoft window free of charge by following the guide on http://nigeriangateway..com/

We welcome your constructive critics.
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by Horlufemi(m): 1:28pm On Jul 31, 2015
michealekene:

Wht do u advice finally!??... Dis win 10 wwy I just download don tire mi. My device is already permanently activated, if I decide to upgrade to 8.1, d version I v isn't activated. Using KMSpico, kms tool...nd all I don't know if dose things permanently activates windows, I know dey activate it, but not for how long. Am1 said after 90 days or smtin. Security ish wld catch up quickly with dose in such act faster dan with win home.

Restore your os that came with your laptop. Use that one to upgrade. Best option.
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by Horlufemi(m): 1:29pm On Jul 31, 2015
michealekene:

Ok....it means the security update will only be of less mb (in just weary of my data as I use fone hotspot on my system) I wonder y sas has refused to connect to my lappy via modem.

You need simple server for PC. Then u use the phones connection
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by michealekene(m): 1:37pm On Jul 31, 2015
Horlufemi:

Restore your os that came with your laptop. Use that one to upgrade. Best option.

Ok...it means I wld v to force win to chk for updates and all to detect in 10, I v done... But wht am I upgrading to win 10 home as I v seen.. I want pro!!
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by michealekene(m): 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
Horlufemi:

You need simple server for PC. Then u use the phones connection

I v done everything, ss for pc no dey gree go for me, actually after installation, I open it, it's just dere looking at me, it doesn't read to indicate derze flow of network info...it just says ready, without moving! I connect my fone via hotspot nd it still won't go...Only pissing me off.
I tried using modem...once d modem detects im using bis connect, wld see "error connecting" but if I use normal data mb it wld be going thru#
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by khadii1: 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
I can not play any game on windows 10. All my pc games fail to lauch. Need for speed, Mafia and GTA IV.

Moreso, when i checked my pagefile, it reduced from 4040mb to half the figure.

Kindly advice!!
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by michealekene(m): 7:17pm On Jul 31, 2015
khadii1:
I can not play any game on windows 10. All my pc games fail to lauch. Need for speed, Mafia and GTA IV.

Kindly advice!!

Kpele.... I v also upgraded nd am about downgrading bk to win 8.1, not because im a gaming person, but overly disappointed.. Only scored pass in start menu nd multiple taskbar windows, all oda settings like hibernation, sleep mode, brightness settings dissappeared...leading to battery drain, music player sucks...nd new video player is pathetic... My songs are just scattered in d ugly music player... Metchew.
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by dhsfbi(m): 7:30pm On Jul 31, 2015
michealekene:

Kpele.... I v also upgraded nd am about downgrading bk to win 8.1, not because im a gaming person, but overly disappointed.. Only scored pass in start menu nd multiple taskbar windows, all oda settings like hibernation, sleep mode, brightness settings dissappeared...leading to battery drain, music player sucks...nd new video player is pathetic... My songs are just scattered in d ugly music player... Metchew.
Calm down my brother. Check for updates and download a available updates to solve sleep and screen resolution issues.

You can bring back the Hibernate button, I will give you the details on this when am on pc tonight.

The brightness settings is still there, don't be lazy sir.

I like the music and video apps and I agree it consumes battery a little but not drain.
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by khadii1: 10:27pm On Jul 31, 2015
In-addition to my earlier post on how to activate the Contana with simple server, you can download windows 10 update upon installation when you uncheck the give ,me updates for other microsoft products when i update (Windows Update > Advanced Options > uncheck "Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows). And run cmd as admin with netsh winhttp set proxy proxy-server=localhost port8080

put local host in numbers.

I will share once i find a way to access store with SS
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by khadii1: 10:30pm On Jul 31, 2015
In-addition to my earlier post on how to activate the Contana with simple server, you can download windows 10 update upon installation when you uncheck the give ,me updates for other microsoft products when i update (Windows Update > Advanced Options > uncheck "Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows). And run cmd as admin with netsh winhttp set proxy proxy-server=localhost port8080

I will share once i find a way to access store with SS.
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by khadii1: 10:30pm On Jul 31, 2015

I will share once i find a way to access store with SS[quote author=khadii1 post=36468249]I can not play any game on windows 10. All my pc games fail to lauch. Need for speed, Mafia and GTA IV.
Kindly advice!!
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by Skykid1208(m): 2:00am On Aug 01, 2015
danjumakolo:
Windows seven still my favourite.
My linux distro where I compile my roms sits on top of my winds 7

hi bro pls do you know how i can install windows 7 or 8.1 on a freeDOS laptop (hp 15-r100nia laptop)
Re: How To Activate Windows 10 by Skykid1208(m): 2:06am On Aug 01, 2015
Horlufemi:
A lot of people are having issues activating windows 10

Use these KMS Keys for your corresponding windows 10 editions:-
1. Windows 10 Professional W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
2. Windows 10 Professional N MH37W-N47XK-V7XM9-C7227-GCQG9
3. Windows 10 Education NW6C2-QMPVW-D7KKK-3GKT6-VCFB2
4. Windows 10 Education N 2WH4N-8QGBV-H22JP-CT43Q-MDWWJ
5. Windows 10 Enterprise NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43
6. Windows 10 Enterprise N DPH2V-TTNVB-4X9Q3-TJR4H-KHJW4
7. Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB WNMTR-4C88C-JK8YV-HQ7T2-76DF9
8. Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB N 2F77B-TNFGY-69QQF-B8YKP-D69TJ

Example for Windows 10 Pro – CMD (Admin)
Enter each line and press enter

slmgr/ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
slmgr/skms kms.xspace.in
slmgr/ato

For others just download Windows 10 iso from microsoft. Check the os on your system first e.g. single language and download the single language edition iso on Microsoft website. Mount/extract the iso and install from there. It will be pre activated.

Good luck

Hi boss
pls is there anyway i can install windows 7 or later on a freeDOS laptop? (hp 15-r100nia laptop)

thanks as you reply

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please How Do I Retrieve Files From A Broken Flash Drive? / This Schoolgirl Is Scared Of Touching Computer Mouse (Video Throwback) / 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.