Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Celebration Of Death, Yay Or Nay? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Celebration Of Death, Yay Or Nay? (870 Views)

8th Wedding Anniversary Celebration Of A Nairalander (Photos) / Man Wears His Mother's Headgear To Church In Celebration Of Mother's Day (Photo) / Celebration Of Death, Yay Or Nay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celebration Of Death, Yay Or Nay? by wizard007(m): 9:05pm On Jul 29, 2015
Hi peeps! I have this outlook about burial in general, I mean it seems weird why I would be celebrating the death of a loved one.

Really its not the money being spent, but the cheerfulness on people face, wining and dining over the loss of a soul.

Yeah right death is inevitable, its something we all expect to hit us someday, but dancing and partying about it is a myth I am yet to unravel.

I bear no grudge or have anything against people that practice this but " its really not on" I can't be happy with the loss of my parents or someone close basically because of the stupid term people use " Hin don old wella na".

I attend burials of course, why?? I'm a dude that likes to groove and the way our people organise burials ehn. Mehn o massive, so I just go like I'm going to have my own fun anyway!

But why opened this thread is to know if there is anyone who share my idea that its not ideal celebrating the death of a loved one.

Share your views fellas!
Re: Celebration Of Death, Yay Or Nay? by ladyF(f): 9:05pm On Jul 29, 2015
No one bro. There's no groove there
Re: Celebration Of Death, Yay Or Nay? by Cutehector(m): 9:07pm On Jul 29, 2015
Na evrytn wey dey celebrate for nigeria sha...
Re: Celebration Of Death, Yay Or Nay? by therealdeal10: 10:16pm On Jul 29, 2015
Dat tin still dy shock me, i tot am d only 1 dat sees smtin wrong wit dis. I dnt undastand hw sm bunch of people will b dancing n singing on d street ova smone's death. Sm pipu will use dat opportunity 2 drink out their lives cuz d drinks r free
Re: Celebration Of Death, Yay Or Nay? by wizard007(m): 7:47pm On Jul 30, 2015
therealdeal10:
Dat tin still dy shock me, i tot am d only 1 dat sees smtin wrong wit dis. I dnt undastand hw sm bunch of people will b dancing n singing on d street ova smone's death. Sm pipu will use dat opportunity 2 drink out their lives cuz d drinks r free

As in ehn? I tire for the matter. The dancing part na hin I dey hate pass!

One lady quoted me earlier, talking gibberish and I replied her, she don delete am. I guess she sef don read wetin she type and she sure realise how stupid it sounds.

I will never be a party to celebrating my father or mother's death, even if they clock hundred
Re: Celebration Of Death, Yay Or Nay? by wizard007(m): 7:48pm On Jul 30, 2015
ladyF:
No one bro. There's no groove there

(1) (Reply)

13 House Cleaning “cheats” You Should Know / California Twins Born Minutes Apart But In Different Years / Isreal Houghton-divorce Shock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.