Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,319 members, 7,808,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Nigerian Youth Why Do You Think Like This? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerian Youth Why Do You Think Like This? (1027 Views)

An Igbo Market Woman's Phone Book Looks Like This / See What A Nigerian Youth Posted To Itels Facebook Page / I Bet You've Never Seen A Phone Like This, Samsung Finally Unveils The S7/edge.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Youth Why Do You Think Like This? by henryobinna(m): 10:56pm On Jul 29, 2015
ok, I didn't know how best to put the title but here's what I have to say n ask;

As a WhatsApp user and also tech savvy I noticed that we africans(maybe Nigerians) don't get charged for the service;using Whatsapp. its all been free even though its not only Whatsapp.
then I decided to ask a few people around: 'what if you start getting charged by WhatsApp for their service?' considering the fact they don't serve us ads.

now here's the most daft replied I got from.most:

'what of this my subscription, am I not paying them by that?'

I was surprised to know that most people don't know that the subscription has little or nothing to do with WhatsApp.

so my question now is why do you guys think or believe since you subscribe for internet using WhatsApp for free is your birthright?

I'll need your replies

thanks in advance
Re: Nigerian Youth Why Do You Think Like This? by henryobinna(m): 10:58pm On Jul 29, 2015
Lalasticlala please it won't be a bad idea if this gets exposed to a wider audience.
thanks
Re: Nigerian Youth Why Do You Think Like This? by RexioKlasik(m): 11:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
9ja
Re: Nigerian Youth Why Do You Think Like This? by encryptjay(m): 11:18pm On Jul 29, 2015
The deal is a fair one but Nigerians will always be Nigerians grin
Even if it's 1 kobo they're asked to pay, you'll end up with the same answer.

Re: Nigerian Youth Why Do You Think Like This? by abbacool(m): 11:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
Bcoz we are NIGERIANS
Re: Nigerian Youth Why Do You Think Like This? by sseunth(m): 11:23pm On Jul 29, 2015
We are still using free trial here in nigeria, let it expiry....we so gonna pay for it....mine will expiry nxt year
Re: Nigerian Youth Why Do You Think Like This? by henryobinna(m): 6:16am On Jul 30, 2015
sseunth:
We are still using free trial here in nigeria, let it expiry....we so gonna pay for it....mine will expiry nxt year
mine, has always been renewed even when its few weeks to go
Re: Nigerian Youth Why Do You Think Like This? by henryobinna(m): 6:18am On Jul 30, 2015
encryptjay:
The deal is a fair one but Nigerians will always be Nigerians grin
Even if it's 1 kobo they're asked to pay, you'll end up with the same answer.
but that's too bad you know.

if I were to be the owner, you'll all pay cos I understand the amount that's put into it. its not am easy stuff
Re: Nigerian Youth Why Do You Think Like This? by henryobinna(m): 6:19am On Jul 30, 2015
RexioKlasik:
9ja
seriously brother
Re: Nigerian Youth Why Do You Think Like This? by jworos(m): 10:22am On Jul 30, 2015
You have to understand, not everyone understands d internet of things. If u know what i mean.
Re: Nigerian Youth Why Do You Think Like This? by computerboy: 3:52pm On Jul 30, 2015
grin many people don't understand who gains from their subscriptions. I've explained that to a couple of friends a lot of times. That aside, the day Whatsapp goes strictly for paid users is the day telegram would become number 1. Trust Naija and free things. They better use ads or ask other social networks what they're using wink
Re: Nigerian Youth Why Do You Think Like This? by henryobinna(m): 4:02pm On Jul 30, 2015
computerboy:
grin many people don't understand who gains from their subscriptions. I've explained that to a couple of friends a lot of times. That aside, the day Whatsapp goes strictly for paid users is the day telegram would become number 1. Trust Naija and free things. They better use ads or ask other social network what they're using
whatsapp already changes users from other continents, facebook serves ads. BBM is free as well cos they too serve ads.

should whatsapp start charging us i'll still use it after all its not much ~200 naira a year
Re: Nigerian Youth Why Do You Think Like This? by computerboy: 4:14pm On Jul 30, 2015
henryobinna:
whatsapp already changes users from other continents, facebook serves ads. BBM is free as well cos they too serve ads.
should whatsapp start charging us i'll still use it after all its not much ~200 naira a year

I'll swap to telegram just as the majority of Nigerians would do. wink It doesn't matter the price. You just can't compare free with paid apps in this country. Even if it's 200 forever.
Re: Nigerian Youth Why Do You Think Like This? by henryobinna(m): 4:28pm On Jul 30, 2015
computerboy:

I'll swap to telegram just as the majority of Nigerians would do. wink It doesn't matter the price. You just can't compare free with paid apps in this country. Even if it's 200 forever.
well, that's the power of choice in action.

whatsapp is just another product as beer
Re: Nigerian Youth Why Do You Think Like This? by samintegrity(m): 4:30pm On Jul 30, 2015
Hmmm... Watsapp is cheap nau.. I actually paid for 5yrs sum yrs ago

Re: Nigerian Youth Why Do You Think Like This? by henryobinna(m): 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2015
samintegrity:
Hmmm... Watsapp is cheap nau.. I actually paid for 5yrs sum yrs ago
what payment option did you use ?
Re: Nigerian Youth Why Do You Think Like This? by Youngpo413: 5:41pm On Jul 30, 2015
computerboy:
grin many people don't understand who gains from their subscriptions. I've explained that to a couple of friends a lot of times. That aside, the day Whatsapp goes strictly for paid users is the day telegram would become number 1. Trust Naija and free things. They better use ads or ask other social networks what they're using wink
pls who gains from our subscriptions,I will really like to know
Re: Nigerian Youth Why Do You Think Like This? by henryobinna(m): 7:23pm On Jul 30, 2015
Youngpo413:
pls who gains from our subscriptions,I will really like to know
your ISP ofcourse.

then they pay tax n for some other services but definitely Whatsapp facebook n co don't gain from your subscription

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy Note5 Is Official Features 5.7" Super AMOLED Display / Innjoo Halo & Fire Plus Launch - What Went Down! / Blackberry PRIV Apps Now Available To Download For Android Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.