Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,846 members, 7,806,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria (71019 Views)

"Bewarned".study This 10 Courses To Avoid Unemployement In Nigeria.must Read!!! / 10 Courses In Universities That No Longer Have Clear Career Paths / 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by jeshi(m): 9:27am On Jul 30, 2015
agoadiv:
What of surveying and geo-informatics
It shouldn't make that list!
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by jwils(m): 9:29am On Jul 30, 2015
juicy1010:
@op, what of physiotherapy. Physiotherapy is a very lucrative course down here in Nigeria. I haven't seen a physiotherapists without a job.
God bless you....... You make my day, i rep physio
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by darkhorizon: 9:32am On Jul 30, 2015
mencade5:
ok....but wat is d difference?
Physics (Edu),is an Education course, which means you will be taught how teach basic Physics.. Physics(Bsc) on the other hand,is virtually the hardest course to study anywhere in the world,and is the most respected in developed countries (USA,UK,Russia etc),this is the course that breed geniuses,like Newton,Tesla,Einstein just to name a few. This is also the course engineering came from..do your research bro.
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Oche211(m): 9:32am On Jul 30, 2015
angryOp, why is civil engineering not on that your list despite numerous construction going on across the length and breadth of the nation.
What are ur criteria for the above list.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by jayhans(m): 9:35am On Jul 30, 2015
Op.... google mechatronics engineering nd ur view will totally change
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Vastjoy(m): 9:39am On Jul 30, 2015
International Relations especially in OAU

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by blesoh(f): 9:39am On Jul 30, 2015
My sister is stuck btwn
NURSING
BANKING AND FINANCE.
she's confused on wat to choose.
She has complete papers on banking nd finance but for d nursing she has to rewrite to get biology nd physics.she sees it as a waste of time.i dont even knw wat to advise her.
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Drdonzeez(m): 9:40am On Jul 30, 2015
please tell us these are the courses you know!
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by possibilita(m): 9:42am On Jul 30, 2015
I have always seen thread similar to this and I discovered that Polymer Engineering and Polymer Technology is not always on the list.
Why do u guys always underrate this course? If u do ur research u will discover that polymer is improving and its a course worth studying.
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Isaacmacdon(m): 9:45am On Jul 30, 2015
johncreek:

Bro I did...
You are setting a sail for jambites or potential jambites to try grab one of this courses...
Why not rather encourage them to go for their passion even if its horticulture or any so called down graded courses.
Information is power sir.
I meant no disrespect.
Thanks.
I agree with u... Nigerian students r d cause of unemployment.. they go for d popular courses... dey don't go for courses they love... I love mathematics so well.. Nd dats exactly wat m studying..

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Adek15(m): 9:47am On Jul 30, 2015
Civil engineering should be in no.1 or 2. Op even chose architecture ahead of civil. Laughing in Swahili. When it comes to job/work opportunities, civil is even better or on par with agriculture especially in developing countries like ours.

CIVIL..... Transforms dreams into Reality.
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by bluecircle470: 9:49am On Jul 30, 2015
Give it to geologist!
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Bruno3000(m): 9:49am On Jul 30, 2015
johncreek:
I will have to disagree with you on this OP..
Every course is a top course and every course is a pre-requisite to human life in every endeavour, so stop putting some young fellows on a red tap wire....
Go for what makes you happy not what fetches you money... You will get tired soon
Seconded...
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Naijakick: 9:58am On Jul 30, 2015
johncreek:

Bro I did...
You are setting a sail for jambites or potential jambites to try grab one of this courses...
Why not rather encourage them to go for their passion even if its horticulture or any so called down graded courses.
Information is power sir.
I meant no disrespect.
Thanks.

Actually it's "knowledge is power". Knowledge and information are not the same
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by fanedrive(m): 10:06am On Jul 30, 2015
How about top ten vocational skills to acquire.....guess that's what can guarantee jobs quicker and develop the nation

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by agoadiv(m): 10:07am On Jul 30, 2015
jeshi:
It shouldn't make that list!
why do u say so
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by agoadiv(m): 10:07am On Jul 30, 2015
Mrokaykay:
That's d dope of all
and how do you mean
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by agoadiv(m): 10:08am On Jul 30, 2015
Realrex:
i think his thesis is base on influence of the courses otherwise Accounting shouldn't be there. Ok wot about geology or even geophysics? Cos we largely depend on oil in Nigeria so most of this courses are hidden but very lucrative. Proudly surveying student...
i sight u brother

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by agoadiv(m): 10:09am On Jul 30, 2015
Yungwizzzy:

That could fall under archi
how do you mean
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by soleexx(m): 10:09am On Jul 30, 2015
Islamics Studies
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by vickie1900(f): 10:15am On Jul 30, 2015
Isaacmacdon:
I agree with u... Nigerian students r d cause of unemployment.. they go for d popular courses... dey don't go for courses they love... I love mathematics so well.. Nd dats exactly wat m studying..

Yea, that's what I studied too, actually, industrial mathematics. It was what I loved, and I went for it
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by viktor01(m): 10:16am On Jul 30, 2015
Chiscomax:
#Mechanical no be beans o...

So I am first to comment... ,

giving out VIP tickets to all nairalanders. I am hosting a party for this .

the op no go understand until him start to calculate the bending and twisting moment of a beam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Honour91(m): 10:17am On Jul 30, 2015
TEN BEST COURSE TO STUDY IN NIGERIA ARE:
1.MEDICINE AND SURGERY
2.DENTAL SURGERY
3.PHARMACY
4.MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE
5.RADIOGRAPHY
6.PHYSIOTHERAPY
7.NURSING
8.PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
9.GAS ENGINEERING
10.OPTOMETRY
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by fanedrive(m): 10:18am On Jul 30, 2015
rattlesnake:
Cultural dance
Guy, wetin happen now?
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by spencekat(m): 10:21am On Jul 30, 2015
Naijakick:

Actually it's "knowledge is power". Knowledge and information are not the same
Is it not when one is informed that one will be knowledgeable?
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by BarrElChapo(m): 10:25am On Jul 30, 2015
As a barrister.. I'd say we should be number 2 over pharmacy but nice comprehensive list..
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by viktor01(m): 10:27am On Jul 30, 2015
and i dey plan how to go write the 2 carry overs wey i get for political sci.
op, nor make me vex o angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by spencekat(m): 10:29am On Jul 30, 2015
Honour91:
TEN BEST COURSE TO STUDY IN NIGERIA ARE:
1.MEDICINE AND SURGERY
2.DENTAL SURGERY /DENTAL TECHNOLOGY /DENTAL THERAPY
3.PHARMACY
4.MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE
5.RADIOGRAPHY
6.PHYSIOTHERAPY
7.NURSING
8.PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
9.GAS ENGINEERING
10.OPTOMETRY

CONTACT Me On CAREER ADVICE ON 08133323633 . AM A DENTAL STUDENT
I will choose Civil or Electrical and Electronics Engineering over Petroleum or Gas Engineering.Gone are those days when Petroleum Engineering was the dream of almost all the would be Engineering students.
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 30, 2015
What about SOCIAL and VERBAL ENGINEERING..?

What about TRADITIONAL MEDICINE...?
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by LollyFunmiz(f): 10:33am On Jul 30, 2015
Naijakick:

If you wanted to be really honest with yourself, you'll accept that a particular set of courses in Nigeria are actually regarded at the best of all courses. You can't really blame them though, with the rate of unemployment in Nigeria these courses are the only professions that can lead to a student having a really good Job. Having this in mind you can see the Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria and give your comments below if you feel otherwise.

Medicine

You're in the science stream and you reveal your choice of institution to your parents, we both know the course they'l advice you to go for MEDICINE. Advice of course for parents that listen and are understanding for other parents, they'll most likely force you till JAMB shows them you don't really like the profession. This reminds me of my highschool days , 70% of the class filled Medicine as their course of study. Chose!!!! Now most of them if not all are studying biochemistry or something related.

Pharmacy

The next on the Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria is pharmacy . You couldn't make medicine right, go for the next thing to it "Pharmacy". The prestigious faculty of pharmacy, even more prestigious if you're a pharmacy student in OAU. In case you didn't know, OAU is actually the first university in Nigeria to have pharmacy as a faculty of it's own. So Pharmacy!! as NO 2

Law

Yes! The prestigious and proud law students of Nigeria. This doesn't even require your parents, Once you're in the art class the first thing you fill in as your desired course of study is Law!!!.. I don't really blame they have the most beautiful girls. I don't know about your school but in OAU here? believe me i once went for a class very early so i could see Law chicks troop out in their black and white and their short skirts.. (Hope my mum isn't reading this lol.. mum am facing my Education ooh !!) So Law as NO 3.

Electrical Electronics

Meet the king of the technology faculty, Elect Elect is actually a very cool course to study and they have the most intellectual students. I respect the students of the department but hey don't get me wrong, I'm a computer with Economics Student. Yeah that's right, I'm a double honour student, i have every reason to be proud *lol* . I just like elect cause you can really diversify. In elect i've met bad ass programmers, even more bad ass than programmers in my department. No 4 goes to Elect then

Architecture

I for one am a great fan of this course. For now lets pretend the course isn't one of the most stressful courses you can ever choose to study, department is DOPE. Once you're good you're GOOD! and they're probably the students with one of the highest chances of getting a job in this country with an outrageous number of unemployed. They are still the fewest, that's why i don't still understand how they throw the best parties in OAU. NO 5 goes to archi.

Computer Science & Engineering

Ok so you might feel i'm biased about putting computer here just because am a student of the AMAZING department but NO. Computer Science & Engineering is actually one of the best courses a tech student could choose to study. Let's face it, the world becoming more and more digital everyday. Gone are the days i have to use cash to buy food. Now with just a Sanwo card in ife here i can buy a lovely meal, now who do you think controls the future. so number 6 goes to the Computer students

Nursing

Nursing definitely has to be on the list, without the help of the nurses where would the doctors before. If you argue otherwise, you definitely haven't experienced what happens to patients when the nurses in a hospital embark on a strike. Well i know what happens and the doctors would tell you they can't do it alone. So Nursing NO 7

Mechanical Engineering

Some people would disagree on the ranking of Mech Engin on this list because Mechanical Engineering isn't just hard to get when trying to get into an institution but it is also very hard to study but the reason i kept it on NO 10 is because it isn't an independent course. How many Mechanical Engineering students have you met that finished school and they decide to Work on their own? Most if not all of them begin searching for Jobs and lets be sincere it's not easy to come across job opportunities these days. So Mechanical Engineering Wins slot NO 8

Accounting

So this is like the first commercial course to make the list and No am not being Biased, in fact i felt very reluctant to add it to the list. The reason i added it is because that's the first course that comes to commercial students minds when it's time to pack their things to the Higher Institution. Before accounting students stone me to death, ask yourselves this question how many of you can be self established successfully without a great amount Capital.

Agriculture

The last on the list is the whole faculty of agric. The reason agric is on No 10 is because of the ease with which students can get into the faculty. Soil Science, Animal Science, Agric Econs but when you look at it from the productive aspect of it and the self Establishment capabilities, agric is really an amazing course to study. There you have it, Nigeria's top 10 courses. If you feel otherwise about the other of the ranking , You can drop your thought in the comment section.

http://www.naijakick.com/top-10-courses-to-study-in-nigeria/

Accounting no be beans
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 30, 2015
blesoh:
My sister is stuck btwn
NURSING
BANKING AND FINANCE.
she's confused on wat to choose.
She has complete papers on banking nd finance but for d nursing she has to rewrite to get biology nd physics.she sees it as a waste of time.i dont even knw wat to advise her.
If it is her wish/passion to study nursing let her go for it. Nurses are never out of job. The only time I am jobless is the two days it takes me to resign and resume at another place.

Passion is the key, if she is not passionate about nursing she will be pissed of easily. Nigerian hospital is a war zone might even be synonymous with sambisa.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by oliver003: 10:36am On Jul 30, 2015
No Economics,your list is incomplete.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Female Underwear Found In Unilag Library For Law Students / Dasola: Ibadan Poly Female Student Hacked To Death; Eyes Plucked Out (pic) / Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.