Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,435 members, 7,781,272 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:33 AM

Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria (70945 Views)

"Bewarned".study This 10 Courses To Avoid Unemployement In Nigeria.must Read!!! / 10 Courses In Universities That No Longer Have Clear Career Paths / 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by 8ssietics(m): 12:25pm On Jul 30, 2015
DankemzI:

Give it up to Architects
This people are like soldiers spending 80% of their time on Board or studio, but when they want to flex na till mama comes calling.......
Proudly an Architect

You get it bro.....We are like slow poison. We don't make noise but are making cool cash cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by SURGEONSLIM(m): 12:44pm On Jul 30, 2015
maybe the OP forgot petroleum and chemical engineering is the course selling in Nigeria and those guys studying the course has the potential of geting a good job.
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Armstrong34(m): 1:32pm On Jul 30, 2015
guy take time o.
............Hw will medicine b ahead of Elect Elect Engineering.......do yhu knw wat it takes to learn d calculations under Transformers,motors......fink well o.....bfor yhu say dat tin o

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 30, 2015
mass communication nko abi olodo leleyi ni
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Victsjoks: 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2015
Real estate business is stl d coolest In d country.. Dey ar vry rich..law..tech..agric.. Ar useless to our economy.. D fun is jst school.. Medicine is cul only in federal jobs.. Bt d fact real Estate business is growing faster n vry easy to practice
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by sodiquisty(m): 1:46pm On Jul 30, 2015
Where biochemistry dey...
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by temmypotter(m): 2:38pm On Jul 30, 2015
Proudly Physics with Electronics. Double honours. Lol... As far as I'm concerned, PHYSICs is harder than most of those courses up there! Are you kidding me!... You can't study any field in Physics with an average IQ! Mbanu! The likes of albert eistein,isaac Newton,Nikola Tesla(critically acclaimed Highest IQ ever!.. Post humous test puts his IQ at over 300),Christopher Hirata(professor of Physics,field-black energy and he doubles as the second highest iQ holder alive 229..in case you are wondering the highest IQ holder is not from any of the courses above! He's a Mathematician (terrence tao PHD mathematics).. ), Another man worthy of mention is Steve Hawkings.. A disabled man.. But with an IQ that puts latent power to kinetic. You would agree with me that PHYSICS is indeed a force to. Be reckoned with greatly in the old world,the present and in The future.
Cc: all physicists.
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by KELVIN086: 2:40pm On Jul 30, 2015
very correct, but econs and nursing should be included
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Moostar(m): 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2015
ADMISSION! ADMISSION!! ADMISSION!!!
Cry no more,GAIN ADMISSION into 200 level through an IJMBE A'level program into any University of your choice without JAMB.

Every year, hundreds of thousand candidates sit for JAMB (UTME), but at the end just a few percentages of all the students that go through the pain of writing the exam do make it and afterwards you still have to pass the post utme exam before you can secure an admission. DO YOU NOW HAVE TO TRY THIS EVERY YEAR WHEN THERE IS A SURE AND BETTER WAY OUT FOR YOU? YES YOU HEARD ME, A BETTER WAY OUT.

The good news for admission seekers like you is that you don’t have to wait for another jamb before you gain your admission, not even to 100 level but 200 level of your university of choice. So stop wasting your time and resources in writing JAMB every year when there is a sure way of securing an admission and the sure way is IJMBE A' Level program.

IJMBE IS AN A’LEVEL PROGRAM THAT MEANS (INTERIM JOINT MATRICULATION BOARD EXAMINATION) MODERATED BY AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY (A.B.U), ZARIA WITH CENTER AFFLIATED IN
ILORIN.It is a 9months intensive program,IJMB program is just like you are in 100level and it’s designed in such a way that candidate with deficiencies in English and Mathematics in their O’level result can still participate.And unlike JAMB results which expires every year, A'Level results is just like your WAEC or NECO results which doesn’t expire and can also be used in securing admission abroad.

Application forms are now
Only on sale @ IJMB study Centre in ILORIN.
NOTE:Sales of IJMB form is not available online and in the banks.You have to come down to ILORIN to obtain the form yourself,beware of scammers online.
Hurry now to purchase form as you are
guaranteed a place in 200 Level in any universities of your choice.

WHO CAN APPLY
•OND/NCE student which result is not up to standard(good enough) to secure admission into unversity
•Student seeking admission into any university
•Student who fail JAMB/post JAMB exam
•Student who pass JAMB/post JAMB but unable to get admission
•Student who did not sit for JAMB exam at all
•Student with deficiency in English and Mathematics
•Student who just graduated from SSS 3
•Student awaiting results

IJMB ACCEPTABILITY:All universities in Nigeria accept IJMB.
NB: The hostel is in the school premises which makes it convenient and easy for students to attend lectures regularly without stress.
For more information or registration contact Gurustar Educational Consult on (Whatsapp) 08167000693 or 09097444213
EWA PIN:23B2F37D.
NOTE: CHECK PAGE 4 OF JAMB BROCHURE ITEM 2.2 (2) TO CONFIRM IJMB AS A REQUIREMENT FOR UNIVERSITY ADMISSION
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by preciousMI1(f): 3:07pm On Jul 30, 2015
if education isn't here then the list isn't complete
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by darkhorizon: 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2015
temmypotter:
Proudly Physics with Electronics. Double honours. Lol... As far as I'm concerned, PHYSICs is harder than most of those courses up there! Are you kidding me!... You can't study any field in Physics with an average IQ! Mbanu! The likes of albert eistein,isaac Newton,Nikola Tesla(critically acclaimed Highest IQ ever!.. Post humous test puts his IQ at over 300),Christopher Hirata(professor of Physics,field-black energy and he doubles as the second highest iQ holder alive 229..in case you are wondering the highest IQ holder is not from any of the courses above! He's a Mathematician (terrence tao PHD mathematics).. ), Another man worthy of mention is Steve Hawkings.. A disabled man.. But with an IQ that puts latent power to kinetic. You would agree with me that PHYSICS is indeed a force to. Be reckoned with greatly in the old world,the present and in The future.
Cc: all physicists.
Abeg help me tell them ooo
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by haladay1(m): 3:16pm On Jul 30, 2015
@op whr u put chemical sciences options( chemistry,industrial chm) e.t.c
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by haladay1(m): 3:21pm On Jul 30, 2015
com nd do industrial ,analytical,physical,organic aspect of chemistry nd ur lyf wil neva remain d same chemistry no b beans oh. proudly chemical studnt aaua chapter
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by hugoranking(m): 3:24pm On Jul 30, 2015
team medicine grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Naijakick: 4:02pm On Jul 30, 2015
spencekat:
Is it not when one is informed that one will be knowledgeable?

Exactly.. But because you have an information doesn't mean you have the Knowledge to use it
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Naijakick: 4:04pm On Jul 30, 2015
darkhorizon:
Where is Pure Physics(bsc), the most respected course in developed countries? Nigeria really needs it,because that's where all engineering courses source fr

You said it yourself.. Developed countries, the title of the the article says Nigeria
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Naijakick: 4:06pm On Jul 30, 2015
haladay1:
com nd do industrial ,analytical,physical,organic aspect of chemistry nd ur lyf wil neva remain d same chemistry no b beans oh. proudly chemical studnt aaua chapter

Yes i know they are very relevant courses, but the list isn't just about how relevant they are to the the country, the article talks about importance in relation to unemployment in Nigeria. How many of those professions can survive without someone employing them. None..
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by haladay1(m): 4:09pm On Jul 30, 2015
Naijakick:

Yes i know they are very relevant courses, but the list isn't just about how relevant they are to the the country, the article talks about importance in relation to unemployment in Nigeria. How many of those professions can survive without someone employing them. None.

off course as a chemist u can b self employed we are entreprenures of awa self. spit it off bro wat ur discipline
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by JayB11(m): 4:24pm On Jul 30, 2015
INTROVERT:
Petroleum Economics (£nergy studies)

Hi Whatsapp Extrovert, Please I wish to know if their exist in Nigeria any University you know that offers Petroleum Economics @Msc. Thanks
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by JayB11(m): 4:28pm On Jul 30, 2015
Naijakick:

If you wanted to be really honest with yourself, you'll accept that a particular set of courses in Nigeria are actually regarded at the best of all courses. You can't really blame them though, with the rate of unemployment in Nigeria these courses are the only professions that can lead to a student having a really good Job. Having this in mind you can see the Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria and give your comments below if you feel otherwise.

Medicine

You're in the science stream and you reveal your choice of institution to your parents, we both know the course they'l advice you to go for MEDICINE. Advice of course for parents that listen and are understanding for other parents, they'll most likely force you till JAMB shows them you don't really like the profession. This reminds me of my highschool days , 70% of the class filled Medicine as their course of study. Chose!!!! Now most of them if not all are studying biochemistry or something related.

Pharmacy

The next on the Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria is pharmacy . You couldn't make medicine right, go for the next thing to it "Pharmacy". The prestigious faculty of pharmacy, even more prestigious if you're a pharmacy student in OAU. In case you didn't know, OAU is actually the first university in Nigeria to have pharmacy as a faculty of it's own. So Pharmacy!! as NO 2

Law

Yes! The prestigious and proud law students of Nigeria. This doesn't even require your parents, Once you're in the art class the first thing you fill in as your desired course of study is Law!!!.. I don't really blame they have the most beautiful girls. I don't know about your school but in OAU here? believe me i once went for a class very early so i could see Law chicks troop out in their black and white and their short skirts.. (Hope my mum isn't reading this lol.. mum am facing my Education ooh !!) So Law as NO 3.

Electrical Electronics

Meet the king of the technology faculty, Elect Elect is actually a very cool course to study and they have the most intellectual students. I respect the students of the department but hey don't get me wrong, I'm a computer with Economics Student. Yeah that's right, I'm a double honour student, i have every reason to be proud *lol* . I just like elect cause you can really diversify. In elect i've met bad ass programmers, even more bad ass than programmers in my department. No 4 goes to Elect then

Architecture

I for one am a great fan of this course. For now lets pretend the course isn't one of the most stressful courses you can ever choose to study, department is DOPE. Once you're good you're GOOD! and they're probably the students with one of the highest chances of getting a job in this country with an outrageous number of unemployed. They are still the fewest, that's why i don't still understand how they throw the best parties in OAU. NO 5 goes to archi.

Computer Science & Engineering

Ok so you might feel i'm biased about putting computer here just because am a student of the AMAZING department but NO. Computer Science & Engineering is actually one of the best courses a tech student could choose to study. Let's face it, the world becoming more and more digital everyday. Gone are the days i have to use cash to buy food. Now with just a Sanwo card in ife here i can buy a lovely meal, now who do you think controls the future. so number 6 goes to the Computer students

Nursing

Nursing definitely has to be on the list, without the help of the nurses where would the doctors before. If you argue otherwise, you definitely haven't experienced what happens to patients when the nurses in a hospital embark on a strike. Well i know what happens and the doctors would tell you they can't do it alone. So Nursing NO 7

Mechanical Engineering

Some people would disagree on the ranking of Mech Engin on this list because Mechanical Engineering isn't just hard to get when trying to get into an institution but it is also very hard to study but the reason i kept it on NO 10 is because it isn't an independent course. How many Mechanical Engineering students have you met that finished school and they decide to Work on their own? Most if not all of them begin searching for Jobs and lets be sincere it's not easy to come across job opportunities these days. So Mechanical Engineering Wins slot NO 8

Accounting

So this is like the first commercial course to make the list and No am not being Biased, in fact i felt very reluctant to add it to the list. The reason i added it is because that's the first course that comes to commercial students minds when it's time to pack their things to the Higher Institution. Before accounting students stone me to death, ask yourselves this question how many of you can be self established successfully without a great amount Capital.

Agriculture

The last on the list is the whole faculty of agric. The reason agric is on No 10 is because of the ease with which students can get into the faculty. Soil Science, Animal Science, Agric Econs but when you look at it from the productive aspect of it and the self Establishment capabilities, agric is really an amazing course to study. There you have it, Nigeria's top 10 courses. If you feel otherwise about the other of the ranking , You can drop your thought in the comment section.

http://www.naijakick.com/top-10-courses-to-study-in-nigeria/
Acquire rational thought, think at the margin, then INCLUDE ECONOMICS!!! Ceteres paribus!
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by INTROVERT(f): 4:34pm On Jul 30, 2015
JayB11:

Hi Whatsapp Extrovert, Please I wish to know if their exist in Nigeria any University you know that offers Petroleum Economics @Msc. Thanks

Uniport and UI. Google CPEEL..
it's about N1. 2m as fees.
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by tomj2015: 5:40pm On Jul 30, 2015
WERE IS CRIMINOLOGY
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by angelofurlife: 6:01pm On Jul 30, 2015
I disagree with u poster on number 5, my brother is an architect and so I know how had it is for them and don't say maybe he is not good at it cos he is actually very good.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by starlingbawa(m): 6:45pm On Jul 30, 2015
Not necessarily the case.

I ve got a Degree and MSc in 'Mass Communication' and I do a job as a 'Social Performance Advisor' for Oil Giants SHELL.

Trust me when I say the pay day ranks amongst the most competitive anywhere in Nigeria.

It doesn't always have to be any of the 10 professions as highlighted by the OP...
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Adaeze003(f): 6:48pm On Jul 30, 2015
Querty:
I love Medicine any day any time.. am passionate for it..
plse I need ur advice.....

I have had my first degree already in BiologiCal sciences graduated with 2:1 CPPA of 4.27 even though I have nurtured Medicine in my mind all dis while

I have already applied tru DE. plse do u tink I should pick up d admission if given considering age factor?

What age factor? Go for what you want unless you consider it a waste of time.
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Pr0ton: 7:45pm On Jul 30, 2015
viktor01:

the op no go understand until him start to calculate the bending and twisting moment of a beam.

grin grin
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by jcbillion(m): 8:34pm On Jul 30, 2015
A bit controversial though but that Accounting made Top 10 I'll just let it pass.
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 30, 2015
see d way u r talkin lyk as if u knw anytin bout mech engrin
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by mankan2k7(m): 9:23pm On Jul 30, 2015
proudly scientist

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by GentleFrank(m): 10:05pm On Jul 30, 2015
Lolz, OP what of BOMB-ology and DAGGER-smithing ? If we are to say d truth, the demand for experts in diz 2 fields is on d increase everyday in a certain part of d country. Hahahahahaha !!!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Naijakick: 3:51am On Jul 31, 2015
Xpensivemind:
mass communication nko abi olodo leleyi ni

mas communication kor... even cilvil engineering is not there
Re: Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Naijakick: 3:56am On Jul 31, 2015
martootoo:
see d way u r talkin lyk as if u knw anytin bout mech engrin

please enlighten us if u do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dasola: Ibadan Poly Female Student Hacked To Death; Eyes Plucked Out (pic) / I.G Yusuf IBB University Sex Scandal: Mercy Donald's Boyfriend, Patrick Speaks / US Reaches Out To Olowookere Victor Who Scored 8 A's In WAEC & Bagged 1st Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.