Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,218 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:02 AM

Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 (6384 Views)

Currency/e-currency Traders Lounge / Bpp Online Registration And Renewal Of Expired IRR Certificate For Contractors / Opportunity For Contractors... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by databoy247(m): 2:19am On Jul 30, 2015
***NEW UPDATE 2018***

We created OfficeManager platform in 2016 to help Nigerians on contract issues and opportunities. But we had to shut down to rebuild with an intent to give more value. Well, we are about to re-launch the platform and we need beta testers. All you have to do is register and have fun!

KINDLY CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND EXPLORE THE NEW PLATFORM

See the features of the platform;
- Latest contract opportunities published weekly from all industries
- Hundreds of documentation for easy download
- Chatroom for members to network, have fun and learn from each other.
- Private messaging. You want to send a member a message privately, you are good to go!
- Consultation for members
- LIVE contract bidding sessions (explosive).
- Etc.

We need beta testers, KINDLY CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND EXPLORE THE NEW PLATFORM

Hello folks, Late last year, i started a journey and decided to go corporate. Next month will make it 12 months into this journey and i can say it has been a thrill ride so far. I started with the main focus of becoming a contractor, chasing what i can and leaving out what i cannot get. Yeah, i know it's a short time frame, but i can guaranty you, it's fun grin And before you begin to ask how come i have all these knowledge when i am not up to one year in the industry, well, all i can say is.....na GodWin.

So, I created a thread here on NL for contractors where we share ideas, knowledge and information. So far, the thread was so helpful. Along the way of my own personal journey down this path, i encountered alot of scenarios, challenges, good fortunes, mishaps, and of course successes. From all these, i have been able to garner some new experiences and lessons which i believe some of you might find resourceful in this second thread.

Special thanks to all those who made the previous thread entertaining, enlightening, and helpful (scantee, phemmy26, emmadejust, etc), you guys are wonderful. You are most welcome in this new thread. Thanks for taking out time from your busy schedules to help out with information.

The first thread was all about introduction to concepts, basic explanations, and information every new contractor needs. So, i think this new thread should be more practical.

I will do my best to post contract opportunities (when necessary), and talk about more complex issues surrounding the world of a contracting firm. If you have information on any opportunity you come across, please help us by posting it here also, let us all grow together.

My first write-up will be on how to chase and get a contract even when there are no tender requests. I will do my best to throw some light on this issue (to the best of my knowledge).

Another issue i feel is worth talking about is lobbying/PR. If you have been in the game for long, please come in and teach us a thing or two here.

Please no thread derailers, and i hope you gain more and increase your hustle as you be a part of this.

In case you missed out on the first thread, you can find it here: https://www.nairaland.com/2063427/nairaland-contractors-lounge

So, let the games begin
cool

1 Share

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by emmadejust(m): 7:30am On Jul 30, 2015
am honoured following you prof databoy247 and my able chairman scantee and learning more about corporate knowledge, business building and growth .

am seated for more exclusive information....

OUR FAITH, OUR REALITY IN LIFE.......
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by databoy247(m): 10:34am On Jul 30, 2015
emmadejust:
am honoured following you prof databoy247 and my able chairman scantee and learning more about corporate knowledge, business building and growth .

am seated for more exclusive information....

OUR FAITH, OUR REALITY IN LIFE.......

Thank you sir, and welcome on board.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:43am On Jul 30, 2015
I got my first contract this year through bidding. It was a tender opening.

Let me officially register myself here as a member of Nairalander contractor.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by kennyman2000(m): 11:27am On Jul 30, 2015
God bless you oga databoy.. Ur threads have always been inspiring..

Oga bigx, i once stumbled on one of your insightful threads as well..

We'll appreciate, seeing you share one or two lessons with us here, as we believe, u're also a big boss in the game..

Thanks sir.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by databoy247(m): 1:52pm On Jul 30, 2015
Alright, i will be posting something later today...so stay tuned. And i need to see interests so i can forge on. It is not an easy feat putting thoughts together - for free. So show some love grin
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by scantee(m): 7:04pm On Jul 30, 2015
Present sir @databoy247, nice one bro, i will soon be on project break so i can have more time to myself to be here. While it goes, I gonna be contributing a bit here to keep the thread going! Once again kudos
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by emmadejust(m): 8:02pm On Jul 30, 2015
databoy247:

Thank you sir, and welcome on board.

hmmmm senior boss, ....... abi young guy ooooo....
leav the SIR title.......
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by databoy247(m): 9:36am On Aug 04, 2015
Getting contracts even when there are no tender requests.

Lets talk about how to get projects even when there are no tender requests. My focus here is on the government. It is very possible to get government projects without following the rigorous process ot packaging bid documents and meeting all sorts of criteria.

But there is a price you have to pay. And that is what we know as PR or Lobbying. In a simple form, you have to "get the ground wet" for as long as possible. And whom are you connecting? government aids, personal assistants, special advisers to specific office holders that you know can get things done for you.

This method means you have to make use of OTN (Other Peoples Network), and if you have been following from the first thread you will understand what this means. This is the method you have to use if you have no direct connections to people in the government.

Like the story of my friend who got a contract which ran for four years, this story will be the base of this writeup. There are lessons to be learnt here.

He got a contract to evacuate scrap, burnt, accidented vehicles (including heavy duty vehicles) from all the highways in Delta State. This contract has been running for the past four years now. He has made a lot of money and he is expanding his horizon to Edo state.

How did this happen? How did the government award him a contract when there was no official tender request published? How did he achieve this without packaging a bid document?

We have partnered up (me and my friend) to pursue a new contract in the domain of the Ministry of Transport. We are using same principles, same method and same approach. And guess what? In no distant time, we will be awarded a new contract. This is even taking place when a new government is in place, and remember when a new government is in place it is very difficult to get a new contract because there are lots to settle (from the old government) and they just have to get settled in the new office before they start talking about the nitty-gritty of contract awards. But this has not limited us.

Stay tuned for the next post for more details and explore our new methods.
========================================================================================
I think you might be interested in this https://www.nairaland.com/2496519/national-corporate-makeover-webinar-contractors
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by kennyman2000(m): 9:53am On Aug 04, 2015
Following..
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by ishadfurnitures: 5:04am On Aug 05, 2015
Good work here OP
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by databoy247(m): 4:16pm On Aug 05, 2015
ishadfurnitures:
Good work here OP

Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by pepe1: 7:33pm On Aug 05, 2015
Good job! @Databoy247, @Scantee.
I learned a lot from the first thread.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by mexxy1(m): 4:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
@databoy247, I'm still waiting for you based on what I told you concerning my website. Kindly do something.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by databoy247(m): 5:50pm On Aug 08, 2015
mexxy1:
@databoy247, I'm still waiting for you based on what I told you concerning my website. Kindly do something.

Sorry boss, been busy with some offline issues. Will get back to it ASAP.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by cmonek(m): 6:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
So happy to be here.. Am new in this thread.. Please what does it take one to be a contractor? Can someone learn on the job with a contractor who has been in the field for a long time?
I am willing to learn, help ensure that things work out smoothly.. I currently stay in Ph. Thanks. 08092135751
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by mexxy1(m): 12:45am On Aug 09, 2015
databoy247:

Sorry boss, been busy with some offline issues. Will get back to it ASAP.

Please do but refer to my email sent on the subject matter to initiate the necessary changes as itemized.
Gallery is also VERY important.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by 001Blessed: 10:50am On Aug 22, 2015
@Prof Databoy and Prof Scantee, may the Lord continue to bless you real good. This thread has been so educative to me especially. Bunch of thanks to y'all
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by scantee(m): 12:21pm On Aug 22, 2015
@databoy247. Sup hope u av seeing my reply to ur mail?
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by scantee(m): 12:22pm On Aug 22, 2015
001Blessed:
@Prof Databoy and Prof Scantee, may the Lord continue to bless you real good. This thread has been so educative to me especially. Bunch of thanks to y'all
thanx bro ur blessed

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by shortgun(m): 9:53pm On Aug 22, 2015
Hello house, We submitted tender for a contract in UBEB since December last year, paid for the tender fees and submitted every required documents .... They did the technical bid opening in January this year.
They were supposed to do the financial bid opening the same month but they sent us text message that they will do the financial bid opening on a later date that they will communicate to us.

It has been months now without any communication from the Board.
I don't know what to do next cos they have not awarded the contracts to any company to the best of my knowledge.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by databoy247(m): 12:34pm On Aug 26, 2015
shortgun:
Hello house, We submitted tender for a contract in UBEB since December last year, paid for the tender fees and submitted every required documents .... They did the technical bid opening in January this year.
They were supposed to do the financial bid opening the same month but they sent us text message that they will do the financial bid opening on a later date that they will communicate to us.

It has been months now without any communication from the Board.
I don't know what to do next cos they have not awarded the contracts to any company to the best of my knowledge.

My advice to you is to wait. And in case of next time, try to parley someone in the office just for the sake of getting inside information (legal ones oh).
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by databoy247(m): 12:36pm On Aug 26, 2015
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is an international, non sectarian, voluntary organization providing relief, protection and resettlement services for refugees and victims of oppression or violent conflict.

In partnership with several international donors, the IRC has been active in Nigeria since 2012 providing essential services for refuges and host communities; the IRC is continuing its operations in North East Nigeria and is soliciting competitive, sealed, bids to establish a contract for the supply of Medical/Hospital Equipment.

GET THE FULL DETAILS HERE.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by databoy247(m): 10:07am On Sep 04, 2015
Can you handle the procurement of office furniture and fittings, computer printers, photocopying machines, computer software, fire proof cabinet? There are also opportunities in the following; maintenance service contracts (photocopy machines), provision of security services, facilities management, supply of books, ICT installations, supply of medical equipment, operational vehicles, sound proof generators, and development of office building in Warri, Delta State. etc

FULL DETAILS HERE
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by shortgun(m): 4:26pm On Sep 04, 2015
Hello everyone , I got a mail and a text massage from BPP requesting that I should fix a date and invite them to come and do physical verification of my company's documents including staff appointment letters, invoices for equipments owned , proof of former jobs executed e.t.c

Did anyone recieve such mail or sms?
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by databoy247(m): 5:02am On Sep 05, 2015
shortgun:
Hello everyone , I got a mail and a text massage from BPP requesting that I should fix a date and invite them to come and do physical verification of my company's documents including staff appointment letters, invoices for equipments owned , proof of former jobs executed e.t.c

Did anyone recieve such mail or sms?

Nice, get yourself ready then. cool
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by databoy247(m): 10:38am On Sep 06, 2015
Happy Sunday people.. cheesy
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by ol2012: 10:52pm On Sep 06, 2015
Good evening hon contractors, stumbled on this thread this evening. Just to commend the Op and others for the job well done.
I'm not a contractor, just want to inform those of us based in lagos who might be interested in opening zero COT corporate accounts to contact me by sending a pm. Further details will be forwarded to interested contractors
Thanks
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by ojmaroni247(m): 12:49am On Sep 07, 2015
Nice thread OP,Hello Every1

For the contractors in the House,Please contact me if you need PIPE FITTERS and PIPE WELDERS for any Project. Our location is PortHarcourt Rivers state.

Call/watsap: 08067880681

Email: Big_johniwu@yahoo.ca

Bbm: 28B551CC
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by databoy247(m): 2:23pm On Sep 08, 2015
ojmaroni247:
Nice thread OP,Hello Every1

For the contractors in the House,Please contact me if you need PIPE FITTERS and PIPE WELDERS for any Project. Our location is PortHarcourt Rivers state.

Call/watsap: 08067880681

Email: Big_johniwu@yahoo.ca

Bbm: 28B551CC

Okay, will keep this in mind.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by goldwise(f): 3:42am On Sep 11, 2015
For the contractors in the house,Pls if you need sharpsand,gravel or filling.kindly contact me,07087356050.WHATSAPP
Ourlinksbabe@yahoo.com.
BBM 2B1AF2D5
Location.lagos
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by Yongi99(m): 10:21pm On Sep 14, 2015
Mr. databoy247, well done oh. I dey hear ya stories. Anyways I am pursuing my first set of proposals/contracts i hope they go through. I am going to read through season 1 of this thread. I believe i will learn alot. But kindly throw in your thoughts and advice on my thread www.nairaland.com/2563582/how-paid-contract

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FY 2018: Dangote Cement Records N901bn Revenue / Payoneer's Good News To Nairalanders And Nigerians! / Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.