Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

GRAMMATICAL Blunder We Need To Address - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / GRAMMATICAL Blunder We Need To Address (1458 Views)

13 Grammatical Mistakes That Instantly Reveal People's Ignorance / Grammatical Errors That Welcomed President Buhari Home / National Board For Technical Education Signpost With Public Grammatical Blunder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GRAMMATICAL Blunder We Need To Address by gsparks01(m): 5:04am On Jul 30, 2015
Good morning to all‼
I created a topic not so long ago in a bid to correct the error most make in our daily conversations but unfortunately, it didn't reach the expected audience. I noticed this same mistake in some posts on nairaland again and I feel it needs to be corrected Now (It's not a matter of life and death or something)

Id like to make a correction to how 'rest assured' is being used in sentences
I'm no grammarian mind you, but the persistent wrong use of it in speech and in writing has prompted me to talk about it. Here goes;
"I want you to be rest assured"....> WRONG! just stop it please!!
"I want you to be rest assured".....> CORRECT!

This is meant for educative purpose. I know some people use it ignorantly; you're welcome. Some also know the right thing but still can't stop for whatever reason; continu
It'll be great if this could be seen by all

Thanks! MODIFIED

cc: olawalebabs

1 Like

Re: GRAMMATICAL Blunder We Need To Address by winetapper: 5:13am On Jul 30, 2015
Nigerians be like..

: You don de go??

:No i de come..

And it would make perfect sence grin
Re: GRAMMATICAL Blunder We Need To Address by feldido(m): 5:41am On Jul 30, 2015
Is it that my eyes are filled with scales that I can't see the Op's Corrections?
Op what are you saying?

gsparks01:
"I want you to be rest assured"....> WRONG! just stop it please!!
"I want you to be rest assured".....> CORRECT!

7 Likes

Re: GRAMMATICAL Blunder We Need To Address by zeal22(m): 5:50am On Jul 30, 2015
Op check your post, it's not making sense at all
Re: GRAMMATICAL Blunder We Need To Address by oloriooko(m): 6:05am On Jul 30, 2015
OP you eventually made the grammatical blunder you wanted to correct grin

1 Like

Re: GRAMMATICAL Blunder We Need To Address by ArcBoB: 6:29am On Jul 30, 2015
Who knows the game called " CROSS-CHECKING"
Re: GRAMMATICAL Blunder We Need To Address by ruxton06(m): 6:55am On Jul 30, 2015
Op, same sentence.
Re: GRAMMATICAL Blunder We Need To Address by Tanyogo(m): 7:24am On Jul 30, 2015
OP, I opened ur thread, left my phone in the sitting room and went out, when I came back, my primary 1 Nice was telling me "uncle, this person doesn't know what he is saying"

1 Like

Re: GRAMMATICAL Blunder We Need To Address by ElDeeVee(m): 7:32am On Jul 30, 2015
This is what happens when you smoke osogbo weed in the morning @ OP

1 Like

Re: GRAMMATICAL Blunder We Need To Address by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 30, 2015
ElDeeVee:
This is what happens when you smoke osogbo weed in the morning @ OP
Seems Aregbe shared his special brand with him
Re: GRAMMATICAL Blunder We Need To Address by ElDeeVee(m): 7:39am On Jul 30, 2015
sureguy02:

Seems Aregbe shared his special brand with him
Lol the two of them need serious koboko undecided

3 Likes

Re: GRAMMATICAL Blunder We Need To Address by crystalzoe: 9:23am On Jul 30, 2015
op don "shayo"
Re: GRAMMATICAL Blunder We Need To Address by gsparks01(m): 9:41am On Jul 30, 2015
lol u guys are funny... I typed this in wee hours grin
Re: GRAMMATICAL Blunder We Need To Address by Mustay(m): 12:02pm On Jul 30, 2015
gsparks01:
lol u guys are funny... I typed this in wee hours grin
Okay, this is daytime; wanna clarify you post?
Re: GRAMMATICAL Blunder We Need To Address by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 30, 2015
feldido:
Is it that my eyes are filled with scales that I can't see the Op's Corrections?
Op what are you saying?

I was thinking I needed lens to read well
Re: GRAMMATICAL Blunder We Need To Address by Abayor7: 2:01pm On Jul 30, 2015
oloriooko:
OP you eventually made the grammatical blunder you wanted to correct grin
i taya ow grin
Re: GRAMMATICAL Blunder We Need To Address by Moostar(m): 2:46pm On Jul 30, 2015
ADMISSION! ADMISSION!! ADMISSION!!!
Cry no more,GAIN ADMISSION into 200 level through an IJMBE A'level program into any University of your choice without JAMB.

Every year, hundreds of thousand candidates sit for JAMB (UTME), but at the end just a few percentages of all the students that go through the pain of writing the exam do make it and afterwards you still have to pass the post utme exam before you can secure an admission. DO YOU NOW HAVE TO TRY THIS EVERY YEAR WHEN THERE IS A SURE AND BETTER WAY OUT FOR YOU? YES YOU HEARD ME, A BETTER WAY OUT.

The good news for admission seekers like you is that you don’t have to wait for another jamb before you gain your admission, not even to 100 level but 200 level of your university of choice. So stop wasting your time and resources in writing JAMB every year when there is a sure way of securing an admission and the sure way is IJMBE A' Level program.

IJMBE IS AN A’LEVEL PROGRAM THAT MEANS (INTERIM JOINT MATRICULATION BOARD EXAMINATION) MODERATED BY AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY (A.B.U), ZARIA WITH CENTER AFFLIATED IN
ILORIN.It is a 9months intensive program,IJMB program is just like you are in 100level and it’s designed in such a way that candidate with deficiencies in English and Mathematics in their O’level result can still participate.And unlike JAMB results which expires every year, A'Level results is just like your WAEC or NECO results which doesn’t expire and can also be used in securing admission abroad.

Application forms are now
Only on sale @ IJMB study Centre in ILORIN.
NOTE:Sales of IJMB form is not available online and in the banks.You have to come down to ILORIN to obtain the form yourself,beware of scammers online.
Hurry now to purchase form as you are
guaranteed a place in 200 Level in any universities of your choice.

WHO CAN APPLY
•OND/NCE student which result is not up to standard(good enough) to secure admission into unversity
•Student seeking admission into any university
•Student who fail JAMB/post JAMB exam
•Student who pass JAMB/post JAMB but unable to get admission
•Student who did not sit for JAMB exam at all
•Student with deficiency in English and Mathematics
•Student who just graduated from SSS 3
•Student awaiting results

IJMB ACCEPTABILITY:All universities in Nigeria accept IJMB.
NB: The hostel is in the school premises which makes it convenient and easy for students to attend lectures regularly without stress.
For more information or registration contact Gurustar Educational Consult on (Whatsapp) 08167000693 or 09097444213
EWA PIN:23B2F37D.
NOTE: CHECK PAGE 4 OF JAMB BROCHURE ITEM 2.2 (2) TO CONFIRM IJMB AS A REQUIREMENT FOR UNIVERSITY ADMISSION

(1) (Reply)

Jamb 2016 Principle Of Account Syllabus And Books To Read / I Need Suggestions.. How To Decorate A Dorm Room In Nigeria / Students Of Government Owned Universities Should Deflate Their Bloated Ego

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.