Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,778 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time (2577 Views)

Astro Programming Language 0.2 (indefinite release) / Data Science Tutorial For Beginners With Python Programming Language / How To Choose A Programming Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by Nobody: 6:15am On Jul 30, 2015
Am an amateur who seems to be really interested in programming, . Am learning 5 languages the same time..Is it bad The gurus in the house please help
Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by DonSegmond(m): 7:18am On Jul 30, 2015
pachman:
Am an amateur who seems to be really interested in programming, . Am learning 5 languages the same time..Is it bad The gurus in the house please help

Stop, one at a time, unless they are drastically different and you won't confuse them. But still, as an amateur, you should stop and focus on one and only one at a time.
Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2015
Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by blackjack21(m): 12:42pm On Jul 30, 2015
pachman:

What languages are you learning.

12:42:23
Thu, Jul 30, 2015
Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by enmacmedia: 7:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
DonSegmond:

Stop, one at a time, unless they are drastically different and you won't confuse them. But still, as an amateur, you should stop and focus on one and only one at a time.
I totally agree with you. @OP taking the languages one at a time will save you from getting confused.
Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 02, 2015
Am learning C,C++,java, python and vb
Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by megasamuel(m): 10:17pm On Aug 02, 2015
pachman:
aaaahh gbesere oooo how exactly do you plan on doing this?

1 Like

Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by Nobody: 3:12am On Aug 03, 2015
Just learning python... Dat 1 z kind of fun.. I thing I would continue like that
Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by DonSegmond(m): 1:20pm On Aug 03, 2015
pachman:
I don't like telling people that they can't do things or shouldn't do things.

But if I may, I would advise you to
go in this order
Python
Java
C
C++

and entirely skip VB but if you must to then learn it after Python.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by zap2(m): 4:17pm On Aug 06, 2015
save urself the stress
start with C, then, Python and finally Java. U can skip C++,and VB takes you into a MS closed environment
Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 09, 2015
Thanks guys
Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 29, 2017
I can't believe I created this topic 2 years ago
Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by WhiZTiM(m): 7:36pm On Aug 29, 2017
pachman:
I can't believe I created this topic 2 years ago

Haha! cheesy It shows growth na...

Nonetheless, what's the status report currently?
Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2017
WhiZTiM:

Haha! cheesy It shows growth na...

Nonetheless, what's the status report currently?
Comfortable with VB.net, java and still learning web dev
Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by Nascimento(m): 12:14am On Aug 30, 2017
pachman:

@OP my guess is that, you are just learning the syntax which is a very bad way of learning how to program. You'll hurt yourself! Why not learn how to program first. Starting with python, and building stuffs with it will go a long way in helping you get a firm grasp on programming. Then it will be easy for you to learn other languages.
One at a time.

1 Like

Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by Nascimento(m): 12:20am On Aug 30, 2017
pachman:

Comfortable with VB.net, java and still learning web dev

Lolz. Have you build serious stuffs with VB? If you've not, then you got a long way.

I learnt c# asp.net mvc. I just followed the examples, and I thought myself a dot net developer. I rushed to get a job as a dotnet developer and I failed woefully. It's just a summary of what happened to me.

Build serious stuffs with the language(s) you've learned, that way you'll become more proficient.
Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by seunny4lif(m): 4:01am On Aug 30, 2017
Nascimento:

Lolz. Have you build serious stuffs with VB? If you've not, then you got a long way.

I learnt c# asp.net mvc. I just followed the examples, and I thought myself a dot net developer. I rushed to get a job as a dotnet developer and I failed woefully. It's just a summary of what happened to me.

Build serious stuffs with the language(s) you've learned, that way you'll become more proficient.
I'm into Android app and I started seriously like almost 2 weeks

1 Like

Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by Nobody: 6:32am On Aug 30, 2017
Nascimento:

@OP my guess is that, you are just learning the syntax which is a very bad way of learning how to program. You'll hurt yourself! Why not learn how to program first. Starting with python, and building stuffs with it will go a long way in helping you get a firm grasp on programming. Then it will be easy for you to learn other languages.
One at a time.
That's it bro
Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by Nobody: 6:33am On Aug 30, 2017
Nascimento:

That must have been terribly awful. I would make sure not to make the sane mistake

1 Like

Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by Nascimento(m): 4:45pm On Aug 31, 2017
There was a lot of positives from what happened to me. At least, I now know what direction I want to follow in programming (based on the Nigerian market) and what stack to learn.
I'm channelling all my energy and resources into learning, building and becoming a better developer.

1 Like

Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 31, 2017
Yea, sure you can... But you will most likely end up not knowing any very well... Programming isn't math that you learn in a day, its more thinking than typing.. Its a about knowing what you want. Most languages have their features and advantages... If you decide on what you want , you can learn what you need...

I currently code in Python, but I had to learn java because I needed it to develop android application...
Since I wanted to be a web and application developer, I had to put more energy of perfecting the server side (HTML, CSD and js) and then angular,php and other server side stuff..
You cannot do all, don't burn yourself out for nothing, I can write any java program in Python language... So what da heck do I need to stress put with c++
Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by seunny4lif(m): 9:15pm On Aug 31, 2017
rychard:
Yea, sure you can... But you will most likely end up not knowing any very well... Programming isn't math that you learn in a day, its more thinking than typing.. Its a about knowing what you want. Most languages have their features and advantages... If you decide on what you want , you can learn what you need...

I currently code in Python, but I had to learn java because I needed it to develop android application...
Since I wanted to be a web and application developer, I had to put more energy of perfecting the server side (HTML, CSD and js) and then angular,php and other server side stuff..
You cannot do all, don't burn yourself out for nothing, I can write any java program in Python language... So what da heck do I need to stress put with c++
Pls
I want to know, when can someone called himself a developer?
What is the diff btw Junior and Senior Developer?
Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by ezums1(m): 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2017
see Key things you need to know before buying a laptop/ desktop http://www.blazinginfo.com/2017/09/key-things-to-consider-when-buying.html?m=1
Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by Nascimento(m): 11:58pm On Sep 03, 2017
seunny4lif:

Pls
I want to know, when can someone called himself a developer?
What is the diff btw Junior and Senior Developer?

When you've burnt your fingers building some applications (useful one) and when you are able to breakdown problems into bits to be able to solve them using codes. Then you can call yourself a developer.

Junior developer (< one year experience) while senior dev(>5+ experience), but one thing is common to both of them. They must pass through what I mentioned above.
Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by rumojoe: 6:00am On Sep 04, 2017
Mobile App Developer Needed:

We are looking for a qualified Mobile developer to join our team. You will be working with other experts to develop and maintain high quality mobile applications.
If you’re passionate about mobile platforms and translating code into user-friendly apps, we would like to meet you. As a Mobile developer, you’ll collaborate with internal teams to develop functional mobile applications, while working in a fast-paced environment.
Ultimately, you should be able to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications.

Responsibilities

- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
- Produce fully functional mobile applications writing clean code
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Design interfaces to improve user experience
- Liaise with Product development team to plan new features
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications and protocols
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends

Requirements

- Proven work experience as a Mobile developer
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the App store or the Android market
- In-depth knowledge of at least one programming language like Swift and Java
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to perform in a team environment

About Us:

Solluze Digitals & Multimedia is a globally scoped startup, with a team of passionate,efficient and well motivated partners, poised to deliver excellent tech solutions to various business segments.
Like real partners, every member of the team is a winner, each remunerated with a truly rewarding shareholder value.

WHAT WE OFFER:

A team with lots of passion for web/mobile technology
Exciting clients and projects
Flexible work schedule and ability to work from home
Competency development on the job, by regular brainstorms on projects, including subsidized certifications
Up to 15% commission monthly, from project revenues
(***This is subject to change, in line with corporate objectives)
Please note that, as a team, we do not earn salaries. Our income is commission based, which is far more rewarding.
Only interested and qualified individuals should upload their CV to soluze@yahoo.com. For more info whatsapp 08037292648
Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by ACFreeHost: 11:09pm On Oct 08, 2017
Are you a website developer or a web designer and you need a reliable hosting server provider to host your website for FREE and Adverts FREE? That's why ACFreeHost is here to make that possible for you Publishers, just all you need is to visit www.acfreehost.com and register then you are good to go. No Adverts on your sites, No disk limite, No bandwidth limite e.t.c. Don't worry all are FREE and if you have any question their pleased to assist you. So visit www.acfreehost.com and register Now.!!

VISIT : [url]WWW.ACFREEHOST.COM[/url]
Re: Learning More Than One Programming Language At A Time by soj95: 2:00pm On Oct 09, 2017
pls of what use is it learning all the programming languages yet nothing to show for it....y not learn d basic frontend...den at most two back-end languages. ..den go for a trusted mvc ....this way u can become a semi full stack developer

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Programming Tutor / I Need Good Perfect Money API Programmer / See 10 Year Old Wonder Kid Who Scored Full Marks In Java Exam Within 18mins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.