Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,683 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? (3023 Views)

Olajumoke Celebrates Women's Day With Mo Abudu,omoni Oboli, Omawumi / Opeyemi Aiyeola Shares Intimate Moments With Family / Mo Abudu Looks Hot At 50 (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by werty: 11:07am On Mar 17, 2009

Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by lexyflexy(m): 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2009
I think she is a Nigerian-Original-Copy of [size=18pt]Oprah Whinfrey's[/size] show, [size=20pt]Oprah[/size]
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by Godmother(f): 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2009
lexyflexy:

I think she is a Nigerian-Original-Copy of [size=18pt]Oprah Whinfrey's[/size] show, [size=20pt]Oprah[/size]

I dont know why we Nigerians just cant see anything good in people. So what if she copied Oprah? At least she's doing a great job. What idea isnt copied these days.

Personally, I think she is doing a fantastic job and I try hard not to miss her show. She really treats topical issues. Last week's was about celebrating young Nigerian entrepreneurs here in Nigeria and in diaspora. Thumps up to her
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by bee22(f): 7:27pm On Oct 08, 2009
I DETEST the show.Can't believe such a poor host like Mo found sponsorship and a TV genius like Funmi Iyanda had her show kicked off air?
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by semid4lyfe(m): 9:50pm On Oct 08, 2009
@ bee22

Abegiiiii, talk something else jare. Who dash Funmi Iyanda TV genius? IMO, Moments with Mo is far better than Funmi Iyanda's New Dawn.
I also think Mo is a better host than Funmi Iyanda.
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by mamagee6(f): 4:12am On Oct 09, 2009
Everything about Nigeria is copy.
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by tRoOE(f): 5:05am On Oct 09, 2009
I dislike that show, wtf is moment with MO, she too dey cop copy
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by Kunbee: 6:14am On Oct 09, 2009
Its nice i just dont like the way she bends her moth when talking undecided
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by bee22(f): 10:13am On Oct 09, 2009
Well to each his own,
My major issue with Mo is that she's just a lil more fake than i like my fake.There was one episode where she was talking to Mode9 and he was talking about his verse on Stylee.She had this shocked look on her face like she couldn't believe it was Lagos he was describing.
Funmi Iyanda is real and that's a major attribute audiences can relate to.
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by semid4lyfe(m): 12:28pm On Oct 09, 2009
Whatever, Moments with Mo is still a better show. Check out the studio settings and aesthetics. Funmi Iyanda's studio was dull, pale looking and cramped.
Something has to be pleasing to my eyes before I can sit down to listen to what the host has to say, abi na?
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by AikBum: 4:16pm On Oct 09, 2009
hey there, nutting like copyright! just copy it RIGHT grin grin
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by bee22(f): 5:10pm On Oct 09, 2009
I'll concede Mo's set is finer and all but like i mentioned earlier she's obviously got a lot of bigwigs financially backing her.BTW she always has amazing audience giveaways a la corporate sponsorship.She's however too detached and doesn't how to connect with the Nigerian populace.Her show is akin to a show hosted by an American trying to address issues pertaining to Nigerians.
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by semid4lyfe(m): 9:12pm On Oct 09, 2009
@ bee22

That your description no work at all. I agree Funmi has a better grasp of the issues, was more spontaneous and lively than Mo but that your analogy is stretching the truth a bit far.

Listen to your self na - 'Her show is akin to an American trying to discuss issues pertaining to Nigeria. Isn't she a Nigerian who lives in Nigeria? Haba!
Mo is doing a good job and should be commended for it.

If Funmi couldn't get the bigwigs to bankroll her show despite the years it spent on TV, then she didn't have a viable product or there was something she wasn't doing right.

Maybe we should open another thread with a poll and ask people which of the shows they preferred - lol
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by lexyflexy(m): 10:28am On Oct 12, 2009
@ Godmother
I didn't mean she is not doing good.

You just nailed me wrongly right there. I meant she is bringing the Oprah Show spirit to Nigeria (with which she is changing lives), and she is the doing it the 9ja Style

You did not wait to undersand what I meant, rather you chose to act based on gender-related sentiments cry
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by ohisng(m): 2:14pm On Oct 12, 2009
PLEASE!!!
Mo lacks originality!! Na only those when like false pretence life go fit like her show!!
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 13, 2009
WHY CAN'T WE JOIN HANDS AND SUPPORT OUR OWN
WHY WOULD U COMPARE MO WITH FUNMI THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT WAYS
TO ME MO IS REALLY DOING GOOD PRAYS SHE HAS A BIG SHOW LIKE OPRAH'S ONEDAY
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by shaba107(f): 6:38pm On Oct 13, 2009
it is a good show. educative and entertaining! smiley smiley
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by dominique(f): 8:20pm On Oct 13, 2009
guys gimme a break wats all this talk about copying Oprah Winfery? is oprah the first person to ever host a talk show? is the oprah winfery show the first show to ever come on air? abegi lets give props to Mo. though i have to say, she needs to connect with her guests a bit more. . . at times, it seems like she is not even listening.
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by surveyProf(m): 1:19am On Oct 14, 2009
Wel on my own view point, d prog. Is very educative.
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by mbulela: 4:01am On Oct 14, 2009
Moment with Mo is a fake output.
With all the resources at her disposal, that show should be a banger.
but it proves that if you ain't it, you ain't it.
she should explore other talents.
As much as i dislike unmi Iyanda, she is much better than Mo.
If she had a third of the resources dedicated to Moment with Mo, she will be flying.
If you know how much i dislike Funmi, you would know that that is a compliment of the highest order.
The day i saw Kel (the rapper) on Moment with Mo,i just said to myself 'fake jam fake', this is an interesting collabo.
unmi is passionate about her topics, intelligent about them and is able to connect in a Nigerian way.
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by tijehi(f): 9:23am On Oct 14, 2009
MO doesent connect. She's too stiff. She should try and be natural. please DO NOT compare her with Funmi Iyanda. I dont like Funmi, but I'll give her credit for her show, she was da bomb. comparing her with mo is like an insult.
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by mbulela: 9:40am On Oct 14, 2009
tijehi:

MO doesent connect. She's too stiff. She should try and be natural. please DO NOT compare her with Funmi Iyanda. I dont like Funmi, but I'll give her credit for her show, she was da bomb. comparing her with mo is like an insult.
gbam gbam gbam.
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by throttler(f): 5:01pm On Oct 14, 2009
its all about the way MO bends her mouth when talking, she looks like she suffered partial stroke when she does that lipsrsealed, pls somebody should tell

her it doesnt fit her at aaallllll.

aside from that, i love her costumes, abi na style on the show. but her audience wo-wo no be small. i dont know where they pick some of her

audience, come look like they went for casting on "who wants to be the mega wohh-woohh"
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by vislabraye(m): 5:22pm On Oct 14, 2009
Question for those people who say Mo is copying Ophrah: is anything ever original? Was Ophrah the first TV hos in the world?

I'm not an avid listener of moment with Mo, but she doing well for herself. What i can say is that she's trying. But the screen divas i would place ahead of her are Funmi Iyanda and Ireti Doyle.

I can't really tell why Funmi did not get sponsorship for her programme. I loved the way she anchors new dawn on 10. She has a sincere smile, and very natural. She's a solid 10 on the screen. But being good on screen is entirely another thing.
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by phraoh(m): 1:25am On Oct 15, 2009
semid4lyfe:

@ bee22

Listen to your self na - 'Her show is akin to an American trying to discuss issues pertaining to Nigeria. Isn't she a Nigerian who lives in Nigeria? Haba!
Mo is doing a good job and should be commended for it.

am guessin u misunderstood d highlighted sentence,Bee22 likened Mo(a nigerian) to an american.He/she didnt say she wasnt a 9jerian.
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by kourtney: 1:41am On Oct 15, 2009
She is good at her job and the programme is very educative and informative.I luv it.
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by Nezed(f): 11:46am On Oct 15, 2009
Jeez! Is she still hosting that show?
I had to scroll back up to see the date this topic was posted and to my chargain it was this year!

1. That show was/is sooooooo FAKE!

2. Why cant she smile naturally and be FREE and spontaneous like Oprah or Ellen?

I THINK SHE IS SHALLOW in depth and has lilttle Grasp of contemporary issues- Except she has upgraded, but from the comments here, she is still doing her bad JOB well. Imao!
Even those Kiddies programs where more enlightening and entertaining than hers!

Advice 4 her?
She should read more widely and grasp whats happening around the world.
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by Biatide1: 4:39pm On Oct 15, 2009
I'm not an avid listener of moment with Mo, but she doing well for herself. What i can say is that she's trying. But the screen divas i would place ahead of her are Funmi Iyanda and Ireti Doyle.

I can't really tell why Funmi did not get sponsorship for her programme.
[/quote
Agreed Funmi is very inteligent and lively, Her failure is as a result of the station her programme aired, if for instance the programme was on AIT or STV, I bet she would have gotten sponsorship, every wise investor needs ROI
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by Biatide1: 4:45pm On Oct 15, 2009
[/quote][quote author=bee22 link=topic=248892.msg4694160#msg4694160 date=1255026455]
I DETEST the show.Can't believe such a poor host like Mo found sponsorship and a TV genius like Funmi Iyanda had her show kicked off air?

lack of good media marketers affected funmi
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by Rooneyboy(m): 2:46am On Oct 16, 2009
I actually thought it was a reality show. 'rubbish'.
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by vislabraye(m): 4:01pm On Oct 16, 2009
Every thing is about packaging, and i think that's y Mo is doing well, when ever i see the clips of her interview with Afican China on STV and how she skew her mouth, i begin to think: what the H#ll is this
Re: What Do You Think About Moments With Mo? by mamagee6(f): 6:40pm On Oct 16, 2009
Whack. cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Love My ‘small Buttocks’ – Deborah Vanessa / Geneieve Nnaji Goes Completely Naked In A Bathroom With A Man (photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Rock The Same Outfit With Hushpuppi. PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.