Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,920 members, 7,806,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Getting Ready For Job Interview – How To Keep Calm - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Getting Ready For Job Interview – How To Keep Calm (13013 Views)

How To Attend Interviews Successfully (getting Ready For The Big Day) / Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos / We Are Done With Access Bank Call Agent Interview.how Long Do We Wait? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Ready For Job Interview – How To Keep Calm by condralbede(m): 7:03pm On Jul 30, 2015
Noted....tnx
Re: Getting Ready For Job Interview – How To Keep Calm by activelyA(f): 7:04pm On Jul 30, 2015
Wonderful information... smiley
Re: Getting Ready For Job Interview – How To Keep Calm by mya1: 7:42pm On Jul 30, 2015
WHILE YOU WAIT, DO NOT SIT

What type of job interview would you go for and they offer you a seat but you opt rather to stand?
I see it as a sign of nervousness.

I thought what you're advocating is confidence.
When offered a seat, you say "Thank you" and take a sit professionally. When invited into the interview room, you stand promptly taking a brisk and confident walk into the room.

Other than this point, all others are on point(no pun intended) . By the way, you must be very harsh to disqualify a potential employee because of a sneeze.
Re: Getting Ready For Job Interview – How To Keep Calm by beyoncausme: 7:44pm On Jul 30, 2015
nicely said....

Re: Getting Ready For Job Interview – How To Keep Calm by effrebor(m): 7:56pm On Jul 30, 2015
Op you too make sense
Re: Getting Ready For Job Interview – How To Keep Calm by corneremperor: 8:15pm On Jul 30, 2015
Don't sneeze and don't sit?? OP must be high on something
Re: Getting Ready For Job Interview – How To Keep Calm by Familyfirst: 8:26pm On Jul 30, 2015
EduRegard:
You can probably crack some boring jokes in a family seating, then you believe you can do it in a job interview. However, often the nerves and pressure of a job interview situation can make us act in a different way. The brain, at this point may be considered too blunt as it doesn’t distinguish this, a job interview, from a tiger attack. Our body system tends to behave in weird manners and our intonation doesn’t seem to be our usual and normal one. If we don’t feel and sound like our normal selves then we will surely want the whole uncomfortable and at times unbearable experience to end. To stop tension getting the better of you, read along :

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF
: Nursing unnecessary worries and unwarranted deliberations are some of the causes of job interview anxiety. What if you had this strong feeling of you coming out fly in the interview? You believing so much in yourself and whatever you have to offer to your possible employer is one of the surest ways of getting your nerves calmed when preparing for a job test.

TREAT YOUR HEALTH
: If I were to be an interviewer and you happened to sneeze during an interview, I would right you off at that moment. Realistically speaking, we are all humans and so liable to such reflex actions which are uncontrollable. but at the same time, it indicates that you are someone who probably lacks sound health. You would not advise me to employ someone without a good health condition, would you? Therefore, treat whatever health issue you might have before going for the interview. Some health problems do lead to anxiety and pressure.

DON’T RUSH YOUR WORDS – SPEAK CALMLY
: Try and open your throat by sticking your tongue out as far as it will go, and try to say the whole of the Humpty Dumpty nursery rhyme out loud. This will open the back of the throat and you’ll sound more confident and have more authority. Of course, you are expected to do this before the interview, not in front of the panel. Speaking like you have some hot Ghanaian cocoyams stashed in your mouth might not help your anxiety.

WHILE YOU WAIT, DO NOT SIT
: Most times before the interview, you will be offered a seat while you wait. Don’t reject it, but don’t sit down. You don’t want their first impression of you to be you struggling up out of a chair as you strive to stand up as fast as you can on their arrival, so stay standing. You will look more confident if you are on their level, looking them straight in the face as you first meet them.

MAKE YOUR HANDS OBVIOUS
: Make your hands visible on the table in front of you rather than hiding them under the table. Showing our hands is a sign of honesty and confidence.

SHIFT THE ATTENTION AWAY FROM YOU
: This can only be done by asking questions. Throw meaningful questions at them, if the chance is given, do not pass your boundary though. This is a way to get the interviewer also talking and not boring the moment with his own questions. While he talks whatsoever, you get the chance to calm your nerves, breath in and breath out silently and get prepared for his next possible question.

TRY AND LISTEN
: Whenever we are handcuffed with fear and in full flight of fright mode, we find it difficult to listen well and most times answer the wrong question. So try and slow down your body’s natural responses and listen attentively. It goes long way in calming your nerves.

USE YOUR REAL VOICE
: Rather than forming a British accent or putting on a formal public speaking voice, use your real voice. This is as simple as not speaking too loudly. Speak as if you were talking to a friend.

BE YOURSELF
: If you be yourself during an interview, you will come across as relaxed, authentic and confident. Try to use words you usually use and avoid big words that might somersault on your tongue. Avoid telling lies.

IN EVERYTHING YOU DO, DIARIS GOD
: Confess this prayer excerpt before the start of the interview : "God, I’m about to face another challenging interview for a new job. First of all, thank you for this opportunity. Thank you for keeping me till this day. Thank you that you care about providing for my needs, and fitting me in the right employment situation is something you yourself are working to complete. I know I have you on my side in this matter. Now that the challenge is here, Give me a peaceful and sharp mind, Bring to my memory all the knowledge and wisdom that is already there. Let your joy and contentment flow out through my words. And whatever the result, let this process be a blessing to those who review my case, and also to me and my family along the way. You are with me. And with that confidence, I am at peace. Help me now to feel that peace. In Jesus…"

So, enjoy the interview and get ready to be proud of your achievements . Check the shortlist and you are already on it as they think you are worthy already. Interview Done | Job Secured.

SOURCE : http://www.eduregard.com/getting-ready-for-job-interview-how-to-keep-calm/
Before you go for any Job interview,you better visit empowerment section of www.familyparliament.com

Re: Getting Ready For Job Interview – How To Keep Calm by famzynet: 8:27pm On Jul 30, 2015
Thanks man. I really needed this as I have an interview next week. This has really helped me.
Re: Getting Ready For Job Interview – How To Keep Calm by freshinsightng: 12:41am On Jul 31, 2015
Oga your write up is good but I want to disagree with the point on treating health. Sneezing is not as a result of ill health. It could be cause by allergy to the environment. Sneezing or ill health should not affect your interview results as long as its not a contagious disease ie Tuberculosis,measles,chicken pox etc. All you need to do is probably used a handkerchief to cover your mouth neatly and apologise afterwards. Afterall interviewer sef dey sneeze naaa

www.freshinsightng.com
Re: Getting Ready For Job Interview – How To Keep Calm by justmenoni: 3:31am On Jul 31, 2015
U won't see introvert rushing for Ftc on.this kind of threads grin
Re: Getting Ready For Job Interview – How To Keep Calm by femi4: 2:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
jashar:
smiley
Thank you. I have an interview for 2 pm today. This just served as a refresher course for me.
how far with your interview?
Re: Getting Ready For Job Interview – How To Keep Calm by jashar(f): 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
femi4:
how far with your interview?

My guy. Hmmm... that one na long thing ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unilever 2011 Online Test / Access Bank Starts Recruitment Of Graduate Trainee, June 2013 / Osun Civil Service Cancels and Re-schedule Recruitment Examination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.