Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper (55499 Views)

Man Seen In Bank With Two Trousers To Withdraw Money (Photo) / How To Buy Airtime Directly From Your Bank Without Internet Or Using The Atm / How Many Will Be Able To Withdraw Money If Atms Did This (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by badesco(m): 2:45pm On Jul 30, 2015
Where did this happen? I pity the corp member and i would also blamed him for being so gullible to have fallen for that cheap trap. he should get a lawyer fast.
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 30, 2015
DDeliverer:
are u serious?

but this goes against everything Jesus taught us na...

so i shouldn't help again?

So I'm FTC....so i get the right to request anything from the good people of nairaland kwo?
i request 666likes..and 33shares..

Its not your duty to help people withdraw atms , bank security do that for customers, take note. angry
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by doublewisdom: 2:59pm On Jul 30, 2015
ilawanson44:

[size=18pt]What if they use a lady? Na woman go kill you sha[/size]
All die nah die!
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by katerine7(f): 3:03pm On Jul 30, 2015
[b][ He agreed to help & collected the ATM card. The
fellow frantically opened a diary frm which he read
out different pin numbers b]
are u kidding me,he read out different pin numbers and u went ahead in helping him,this is what I call stupidity
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by conquerorsegun(m): 3:05pm On Jul 30, 2015
Xo u re beautiful... Noted
Kachisbarbie:
Why should I?
What if the person is a thief, kidnapper... ritualist, that stole the card of his/her victim.

I would carry my beautiful face and chook inside CCTV ba?
When investigation starts and CCTV footage is released to NPF, I would start speaking grammar?

NPF that likes open and shut cases. My case is OYO

Even the security officials no dey gree help again. They have had their own fair share of ATM related issues. Lols
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by chudy144(m): 3:06pm On Jul 30, 2015
This is serious ooo.

I think from my own view I will stop doing so and if I must help.
Then I must confirm that the holder is the owner if he/she can provide a valid identity that is the same with the name on card.

Wow
This country

GMB has a lot to do ooo at least to reduce all this noncense.

May God help the guy if he is telling the truth!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 30, 2015
doublewisdom:

All die nah die!

Toto die no good. Your spirit go just dey roam about "Female Only" toilets without rest! Devil go even reject your soul
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by shurlermoz(m): 3:18pm On Jul 30, 2015
tunergy:

So Access bank can do all these on an Account in Diamond bank within 10mins?

Which SCHOOL YOU GO ABEG, I NEED TO TALK TO Prof AMALI.

#Betterbyfar

Unilorin.

U need to be in the system to know what can happen once a criminal investigation is on.
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by Fellonigerians: 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
lalasticlala:
Someone shared this story on Twitter. Please read and learn from it.

As shared By: https://mobile.twitter.com/EngineChux/status/626490859710603265

Good to help, but not all the time... Assess the situation first...
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by ilevic(m): 3:26pm On Jul 30, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Well from what i have learnt, there is a difference between being nice and being stupid, if i meet you at the ATM and u ask for my help, i will tell the person to stay at the machine while i from the back tell him/her what to press making sure that the ATM camera doesnt capture me, if the person insist i come and do it then i politely say i cant.

Dat's wat I do. I stay behind and dictate while U do ur thing. Life is too short to b implicated.

1 Like

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by engrshakespeare: 3:34pm On Jul 30, 2015
lalasticlala:
Someone shared this story on Twitter. Please read and learn from it.

As shared By: https://mobile.twitter.com/EngineChux/status/626490859710603265

Though he was trying to help but he went about it the wrong way. The corper should have let d person insert the card himself then the corper should just tell him what to press. Not do it himself. We shouldnt stop helping people. we should only help them do what they cant do themselves.

1 Like

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by Mekurexx: 3:41pm On Jul 30, 2015
I dont know but the corper is at fault. You no fit just help random stranger go withdraw money. I have never helped anyone at the ATM tho but only in school. But hey, the guy should be given a fair trial. Its really sad
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by tunergy(m): 3:47pm On Jul 30, 2015
shurlermoz:

Unilorin.

U need to be in the system to know what can happen once a criminal investigation is on.

Yes pls. I do know how and what happens.

Abeg follow back.

We need to discuss Unilorin and C&S College
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by wordychap: 3:57pm On Jul 30, 2015
redcliff:

This story doesnt even sound true.. if he used an atm that does not belong to him to make a withdrawal, then how did the ban know he is the one and have his number , calling him on his person phone and stuff?
He most probably used his ATM after helping d dude so his data was captured.
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 30, 2015
redcliff:

This story doesnt even sound true.. if he used an atm that does not belong to him to make a withdrawal, then how did the ban know he is the one and have his number , calling him on his person phone and stuff?
I think it's because he made his own withdrawal after helping the stranger
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by shurlermoz(m): 5:34pm On Jul 30, 2015
tunergy:

Yes pls. I do know how and what happens.

Abeg follow back.

We need to discuss Unilorin and C&S College

Done!
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by bbdd: 6:29pm On Jul 30, 2015
People are so evil these days.
What a wicked world
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by bbdd: 6:30pm On Jul 30, 2015
chudy144:
This is serious ooo.

I think from my own view I will stop doing so and if I must help.
Then I must confirm that the holder is the owner if he/she can provide a valid identity that is the same with the name on card.

Wow
This country

GMB has a lot to do ooo at least to reduce all this noncense.

May God help the guy if he is telling the truth!

So much wickedness in the land my brother.
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by davires: 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2015
Please my question is how did the bank get his phone number.. Cos I doubt this story.
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by bisi16(m): 8:58pm On Jul 30, 2015
He kept tryn diff pins? And all of u just 4got that 3 wrong pin seizes d card abi? Dis story dsnt check out abeg.
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by PapaOyoyo: 9:50pm On Jul 30, 2015
pillarmaria:
Even doing good is now a problem in Nigeria

You just came back from france?
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by stellytwinkle(f): 10:07pm On Jul 30, 2015
DDeliverer:
are u serious?

but this goes against everything Jesus taught us na...

so i shouldn't help again?

So I'm FTC....so i get the right to request anything from the good people of nairaland kwo?
i request 666likes..and 33shares..
are u an advocate of the devil? Upon all the trillions of numbers in dis world, u chose 666. Smh for you.
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by themanderon: 10:28pm On Jul 30, 2015
But then naija police can be daft at times, if indeed the corper was the thief would he have shown his face in the bank? What happened to carrying out investigation before torturing the guy? cry
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by jbazic(m): 11:36pm On Jul 30, 2015
wait oo! thought d maximum withdrawal of ATM is 20k? and withdrawal with card z 4x a day ? Or am i really wrong? Shey d thief ni na granny Abi old papa wey no sabi operate d machine?
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by histemple: 12:01am On Jul 31, 2015
There is something missing in this story. How did the bank get the corper's contact? How was he identified?
I know the workings of the ATM camera and it shows only the face. Most times, we ask the complainant to identify the fraudster's face.
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by peadel20(m): 1:03am On Jul 31, 2015
Well, to me, I wouldn't believe this story much. It teaches sense, anyway. But how did the bank know his mobile number? Of course, the account from which the withdrawal was made does not have any link to this corps member nor to his personal account. It is only the camera on the ATM that can grab his pix. But that still does not guarantee the contact through phone call.
Or what do you think reasonable guys?
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by freshinsightng: 1:24am On Jul 31, 2015
he is very stupid for someone who has gone to school, graduated and is a corps member.

www.freshinsightng.com
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by pillarmaria(m): 2:13am On Jul 31, 2015
PapaOyoyo:

You just came back from france?
lol, grin my brother, av always tried to live above an Average Nigerian mentality, I believe in charity.
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by yungcheda(m): 10:25am On Jul 31, 2015
This is a bogus story and a lie! Camera didn't catch d dude calling the pin out? But they were ver quick to video d corper. How did dey even get his number? Who still writes pin number in a diary where u keep ur atm?? Is d diary just for one atm pin? If not, how did d thief go thru the diary to find the pin?? If he was guessing, d pin will automatically block naw...false story
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by gayeobasan(m): 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2015
WELL NOTED,NEVER WOULD I EVER HELP IN THAT REGARD AGAIN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chinese 'Sharprite' Store Opens Right Opposite 'Shoprite' In SA (PICS) / Folorunso Alakija As A 7-Year-Old In 1951 With Her Sister (Throwback Photo) / GTBankā€™s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.