Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Nigerians Should Stop Pulling Okonjo Iweala Down- Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Should Stop Pulling Okonjo Iweala Down- Peter Obi (600 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Pictured With Chidiogo Akunyili, Daughter Of Late Dora / Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Should Stop Pulling Okonjo Iweala Down- Peter Obi by onismate: 10:51am On Jul 30, 2015
The former Governor of Anambra State met with some journalists in the state recently where he spoke on various burning national issues. Of note was the alleged mismanagement of Nigeria's economy by Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala.

"It is rather unfortunate that we have this attitude of trying to pull down our best. Dr. Ngozi Okonjo- Iweala is a global star and only came back to serve her country and she did that with passion. We gain nothing trying to pull her down. We did it with Arunma Otteh, but we know what she is today. I have been in several meetings where this woman (Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala) was almost crying as she explained and pleaded with all and sundry on the need to save for the rainy day.
She advised that proceeds from excess crude sales should be saved in the Sovereign National Wealth Fund for effective management. I have read newspaper reports that it is ironic that she spoke of a rainy day when it was already pouring. I personally remain indebted to her because it was from her persistent preaching on the need to save in the Sovereign National Wealth Fund that made me incorporate savings in foreign currency – that is why one third of the money we left on leaving office was in foreign currency, $156 million(N25 billion at that time).

With interest now it would be about $170 million and with the current rate it is almost N40 billion. My position in all this is that we must cultivate the attitude of saving as a country. Excess crude money should be saved in the Sovereign Wealth Fund. No country will survive without saving for the future. Even in animal kingdom, the ants save for the rainy day. We must save bearing in mind that natural resources that we enjoy today are depleting assets."

http://www.lindaikeji..com/2015/07/theres-nothing-to-gain-in-pulling.html#more

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Pulling Okonjo Iweala Down- Peter Obi by Katastrofy: 10:52am On Jul 30, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Pulling Okonjo Iweala Down- Peter Obi by ugoos15(m): 10:52am On Jul 30, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Pulling Okonjo Iweala Down- Peter Obi by Mogidi: 10:53am On Jul 30, 2015
This should be directed at Adamu Oshiomhole, a man so bent on destroying Edo state he uses NOI as deviation tactics.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Pulling Okonjo Iweala Down- Peter Obi by nanya124(m): 11:00am On Jul 30, 2015
When Madam NOI was pulling down Nigeria foreign reserve, pulling down withdrawals from ECA for her principal's personal use, where was Saint Peter Obi?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Pulling Okonjo Iweala Down- Peter Obi by EastLebanon(m): 11:02am On Jul 30, 2015
I love d way NOI usually deals with their acussations,that shows that her stay in d world bank is not a moi moi affair.NOI ride on
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Pulling Okonjo Iweala Down- Peter Obi by freshdude99(m): 11:02am On Jul 30, 2015
Wise words from a renowned entrepreneur, an astute technocrat and my mentor!
God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Pulling Okonjo Iweala Down- Peter Obi by DrMuzoic: 11:07am On Jul 30, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Pulling Okonjo Iweala Down- Peter Obi by lunaticfringe: 11:07am On Jul 30, 2015
It's unfortunate we don't have leaders of this man's ilk in moderation in Naija.... And for the advice he gave, it applies to every individual who has a sense of reasoning... It's no wonder the Bible points men to learn from ants....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Pulling Okonjo Iweala Down- Peter Obi by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 11:14am On Jul 30, 2015
You have spoken well my mentor
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Pulling Okonjo Iweala Down- Peter Obi by richidinho(m): 11:20am On Jul 30, 2015
nanya124:
When Madam NOI was pulling down Nigeria foreign reserve, pulling down withdrawals from ECA for her principal's personal use, where was Saint Peter Obi?

Is it that you don't read at all? Or you do but don't understand what he (obi) said?

(1) (Reply)

Only Insensitive Nigerian Will Criticize Buhari / Je Ne Suis Pas Charlie #iamnigerIa / PHOTOS: Akon And Lighting Africa Team Meets Governor Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.