Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! (3868 Views)

Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King / The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday / Today Is Christ The King Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by onionsoup(f): 11:36am On Jul 30, 2015
" The anti Christ is here! people. Its time to wake up and embrace your salvation with all your might, strength, love and all you have got. Hey! Let him that thinks he stands take hid lest he/she falls. The end is here. GIVE YOUR LIFE TOTALLY TO JESUS! SURRENDER TO HIM NOW! Train yourselves to be able to withstand the perilous times. Please do it NOW!

PLEASE READ FURTHER!!!!

JENKINS: A message from your U.S. Department of Religion

Following the recent Supreme Court rulings, many Christians have expressed fear that they will be prohibited from practicing their religion by the United States government.

We wish to reassure you, that is not the case. The U.S. government is committed to the free exercise of religion, provided it does not promote hate speech or violate anyone’s right not to be offended. For the purposes of this document, “hate speech” is defined as any utterance that does not conform to the Executive Branch’s stated positions on issues of concern to the general public.

With regard to Christianity in particular, the Department of Religion’s position is that anyone who wishes to identify as Christian may do so freely and openly; however, they should not engage in speech or behavior that is emotionally injurious to non-Christians. Specifically, while we recognize the right of Christians to reference Jesus Christ, we ask that they no longer refer to him as deity, as this is offensive to many atheists, Muslims and liberals.

Christians are also, of course, free to read the Bible, although the DOR will soon be issuing a more tolerant, easier-to-read version which will replace the traditional versions of the Bible now commonly in use. This new version will include many parts of the New Testament, as well as select passages from the Old Testament.

Passages that proscribe specific behaviors such as pride, envy, greed and adultery have been removed to avoid offending members of Congress. Many Christians will no doubt be pleased to learn that there are now only three Commandments.

As an added bonus, the government-approved version of the Bible will include several speeches by President Barack Obama. In the interests of consistency, we ask that everyone also refrain from referring to President Obama as deity.

In addition, while we acknowledge the right of all Americans to follow their conscience on questions of morality, we insist that Christians discontinue use of the word “sin,” which henceforth will be known only as “the s-word.” In our view, the s-word is a form of hate speech, and anyone using it — especially to describe protected sexual behaviors — will be subject to prosecution.

Finally, to promote tolerance and diversity, we require that Christians no longer deny membership in their congregations to non-Christians. Insisting that someone profess faith in Jesus Christ in order to join a Christian church is an outdated and discriminatory practice. From now on, Christian churches must open their membership rolls and leadership positions to all. We feel confident that this will in no way affect the integrity of Christian organizations.

Christian churches that adhere to these guidelines will receive the U.S. Department of Religion’s Seal of Approval, allowing them to retain their tax-exempt status. Those not in compliance will have their tax-exempt status revoked, and their members will be placed on the Department of Defense’s Terrorist Watch List.

Thank you. That is all.

Rob Jenkins is a local freelance writer and the author of “Family Man: The Art of Surviving Domestic Tranquility,” available at Books for Less and on Amazon. Email Rob at rjenkinsgdp@yahoo.com.
Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by maverickdude(m): 11:42am On Jul 30, 2015
ok
Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 30, 2015
That's American for you.
Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by ladygudhead(f): 11:54am On Jul 30, 2015
kpagbannn!!!
Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by onionsoup(f): 12:00pm On Jul 30, 2015
Someone should email him and let him know he is talking sh.....t! embarassed
Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by jcross19: 12:12pm On Jul 30, 2015
onionsoup:

" The anti Christ is here! people. Its time to wake up and embrace your salvation with all your might, strength, love and all you have got. Hey! Let him that thinks he stands take hid lest he/she falls. The end is here. GIVE YOUR LIFE TOTALLY TO JESUS! SURRENDER TO HIM NOW! Train yourselves to be able to withstand the perilous times. Please do it NOW!

PLEASE READ FURTHER!!!!

JENKINS: A message from your U.S. Department of Religion

Following the recent Supreme Court rulings, many Christians have expressed fear that they will be prohibited from practicing their religion by the United States government.

We wish to reassure you, that is not the case. The U.S. government is committed to the free exercise of religion, provided it does not promote hate speech or violate anyone’s right not to be offended. For the purposes of this document, “hate speech” is defined as any utterance that does not conform to the Executive Branch’s stated positions on issues of concern to the general public.

With regard to Christianity in particular, the Department of Religion’s position is that anyone who wishes to identify as Christian may do so freely and openly; however, they should not engage in speech or behavior that is emotionally injurious to non-Christians. Specifically, while we recognize the right of Christians to reference Jesus Christ, we ask that they no longer refer to him as deity, as this is offensive to many atheists, Muslims and liberals.

Christians are also, of course, free to read the Bible, although the DOR will soon be issuing a more tolerant, easier-to-read version which will replace the traditional versions of the Bible now commonly in use. This new version will include many parts of the New Testament, as well as select passages from the Old Testament.

Passages that proscribe specific behaviors such as pride, envy, greed and adultery have been removed to avoid offending members of Congress. Many Christians will no doubt be pleased to learn that there are now only three Commandments.

As an added bonus, the government-approved version of the Bible will include several speeches by President Barack Obama. In the interests of consistency, we ask that everyone also refrain from referring to President Obama as deity.

In addition, while we acknowledge the right of all Americans to follow their conscience on questions of morality, we insist that Christians discontinue use of the word “sin,” which henceforth will be known only as “the s-word.” In our view, the s-word is a form of hate speech, and anyone using it — especially to describe protected sexual behaviors — will be subject to prosecution.

Finally, to promote tolerance and diversity, we require that Christians no longer deny membership in their congregations to non-Christians. Insisting that someone profess faith in Jesus Christ in order to join a Christian church is an outdated and discriminatory practice. From now on, Christian churches must open their membership rolls and leadership positions to all. We feel confident that this will in no way affect the integrity of Christian organizations.

Christian churches that adhere to these guidelines will receive the U.S. Department of Religion’s Seal of Approval, allowing them to retain their tax-exempt status. Those not in compliance will have their tax-exempt status revoked, and their members will be placed on the Department of Defense’s Terrorist Watch List.

Thank you. That is all.

Rob Jenkins is a local freelance writer and the author of “Family Man: The Art of Surviving Domestic Tranquility,” available at Books for Less and on Amazon. Email Rob at rjenkinsgdp@yahoo.com.
fraud alert!!!!!.
Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by Eddlad: 12:24pm On Jul 30, 2015
I wish I could be perturbed but am not I forsaw this through the scriptures if anything at all I now have more proof to show doubters.
Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by Weah96: 1:05pm On Jul 30, 2015
Eddlad:
I wish I could be perturbed but am not I forsaw this through the scriptures if anything at all I now have more proof to show doubters.

The scriptures lied to you, again. This is fake news. It was meant for laughter and introspection on some level, not to be taken seriously.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by Eddlad: 4:34pm On Jul 30, 2015
Weah96:

The scriptures lied to you, again. This is fake news. It was meant for laughter and introspection on some level, not to be taken seriously.

And how did it lie? Did I point out what exactly I forsaw? How does my supposed misinterpretations invalidate the bible.
Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by joe4christ(m): 4:53pm On Jul 30, 2015
Eddlad:

And how did it lie? Did I point out what exactly I forsaw? How does my supposed misinterpretations invalidate the bible.

You are one hell of irredeemable brainwashed fella. Can't u just use your brain atleast for once?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by Anas09: 4:59pm On Jul 30, 2015
What baffles me is that, Weah is still here fighting the Christian Faith even when he can see that everything prophecies in the Bible is presently happening. What other prove do u want before u believe that Jesus is not fraud?
What America has began is called one world religion, where every one from any religion will and can comfortably walk in and worship. The god there won't be Yahwey, but the anti-christ.
Hmmm let him that have an ear, hear what the spirit is saying.
If the Bible didn't prophesy these things, I would be bothered right now, but am not. My only concern is, will I make it, when Jesus comes for his Church? because he will come.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by Eddlad: 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2015
joe4christ:

You are one hell of irredeemable brainwashed fella. Can't u just use your brain atleast for once?

I asked some questions, why don't you answer them or move on for it to be answered.
Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by An2elect2(f): 6:24pm On Jul 30, 2015
onionsoup where is your source?
Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by Ranchhoddas: 9:29pm On Jul 30, 2015
How will someone read this and believe that it's true?Religion has clogged the brain of these posters.Una no get sense at all.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by jayriginal: 1:53am On Jul 31, 2015
onionsoup:
Someone should email him and let him know he is talking sh.....t! embarassed

My heart weeps. Why are you people like this?

It takes a special kind of person to believe this. I mean come on, Obama's speeches to be included in the bible?
Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by Weah96: 3:09am On Jul 31, 2015
Eddlad:

And how did it lie? Did I point out what exactly I forsaw?

Yes you did. Here are your words verbatim:

I wish I could be perturbed but am not I forsaw [size=17pt]this[/size] through the scriptures if anything at all I now have more proof to show doubters.

Why is it that every time someone is caught in an obvious lie here on NL, 9 times out ten, the culprit is a Christian. Muslims, it seems, are afraid to even discuss their religion with me. I don't understand.
Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by Weah96: 4:02am On Jul 31, 2015
Anas09:
What baffles me is that, Weah is still here fighting the Christian Faith even when he can see that everything prophecies in the Bible is presently happening. What other prove do u want before u believe that Jesus is not fraud?
What America has began is called one world religion, where every one from any religion will and can comfortably walk in and worship. The god there won't be Yahwey, but the anti-christ.
Hmmm let him that have an ear, hear what the spirit is saying.
If the Bible didn't prophesy these things, I would be bothered right now, but am not. My only concern is, will I make it, when Jesus comes for his Church? because he will come.

There is no remote Jesus. He is YOU. What other proof do you need? He died, we also must die. Would we resurrect like he supposedly did? Who the F knows? Maybe we just lay there and become worm food, provided the universe is alive itself and has its own agenda other than the imagination of smart, bipedal, apes. Most people have reasons to believe otherwise, and these are reasons are dealt through experiences. Personal experiences. That is their choice to believe.

According to theoretical physics, it is entirely possible to resurrect oneself. Every Christian could resurrect himself, not here, but in an alternate universe. The same goes for a Muslim, Hindu, or anti-theist. Everything else remains the same, you resurrect yourself, and all the b.itches wanna smash. They make you the president, and you can't be killed. Everyone else is dying around you, and you're still hanging in there for some reason. Money, b.tches and power, in a nutshell, the entire buffet of mammalian greed.

According to Gatiano, our resident afrocentric, only Africans possess this ability. I have my doubts about that too.

What I'm talking about is the rest of the story. The fact that one God talked to a Jew and told him to tell that tale to tell everyone. The fact that someone has a video camera in the sky. The collection of holy books, basically. They're based on a lie and that is the fundamental problem with religion. Every single pastor is essentially an armed robber extraordinaire, just as the so called imams are. Don't tell me that you've healed a person, without identifying the appropriate universe. It is clearly not in this one. Give me the choice of calling you a madman, or a prophet.

Science, or alchemy, has an agenda which is to remain in this frame of reference forever. It is the eternal mammalian dream, to live forever. The machines and computers will eventually figure out something. Technology requires human operators and will always do.
Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by Eddlad: 8:20am On Jul 31, 2015
Weah96:

Yes you did. Here are your words verbatim:

Why is it that every time someone is caught in an obvious lie here on NL, 9 times out ten, the culprit is a Christian. Muslims, it seems, are afraid to even discuss their religion with me. I don't understand.

You think I care about aspersions?
Here is my scripture of reference Matthew 24:15
"So when you see standing in the holy place the ABOMINATION that causes desolation spoken of through the prophet Daniel........"
I stress and base my view on that, recently Gays want to have the cake and eat it, paedophiles and whatnot will all join too and these are all orchestrated by the anti Christ, my point was merely to emphasize that it would not be too far farfetched to imagine what lengths and measure are to come after all it wasn't stated categorically.
I am always around should you need further explanation.
Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by Eddlad: 8:25am On Jul 31, 2015
Weah96:

There is no remote Jesus. He is YOU. What other proof do you need? He died, we also must die. Would we resurrect like he supposedly did? Who the F knows? Maybe we just lay there and become worm food, provided the universe is alive itself and has its own agenda other than the imagination of smart, bipedal, apes. Most people have reasons to believe otherwise, and these are reasons are dealt through experiences. Personal experiences. That is their choice to believe.

According to theoretical physics, it is entirely possible to resurrect oneself. Every Christian could resurrect himself, not here, but in an alternate universe. The same goes for a Muslim, Hindu, or anti-theist. Everything else remains the same, you resurrect yourself, and all the b.itches wanna smash. They make you the president, and you can't be killed. Everyone else is dying around you, and you're still hanging in there for some reason. Money, b.tches and power, in a nutshell, the entire buffet of mammalian greed.

According to Gatiano, our resident afrocentric, only Africans possess this ability. I have my doubts about that too.

What I'm talking about is the rest of the story. The fact that one God talked to a Jew and told him to tell that tale to tell everyone. The fact that someone has a video camera in the sky. The collection of holy books, basically. They're based on a lie and that is the fundamental problem with religion. Every single pastor is essentially an armed robber extraordinaire, just as the so called imams are. Don't tell me that you've healed a person, without identifying the appropriate universe. It is clearly not in this one. Give me the choice of calling you a madman, or a prophet.

Science, or alchemy, has an agenda which is to remain in this frame of reference forever. It is the eternal mammalian dream, to live forever. The machines and computers will eventually figure out something. Technology requires human operators and will always do.

Summarize and clarify your point
Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by Weah96: 11:49am On Jul 31, 2015
Eddlad:

Summarize and clarify your point

The bible and other holy books are not unlike Aesop's Fables.
Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by Eddlad: 12:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
Weah96:

The bible and other holy books are not unlike Aesop's Fables.

is that an opinion,a suggestion or a fact?
Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by Weah96: 12:28pm On Jul 31, 2015
Eddlad:

is that an opinion,a suggestion or a fact?

Fact, judging by the words that the books contain.

For example, a book tells you to mix a certain part acid and a certain part base, forming a salt. You collect the appropriate materials, mix them, and nothing happens. You repeat the incident over and over, double checking the materials and quantity each time. Still nothing. You ask others to show you how it's done. They can't. You contact practicing chemists, and they are unable to perform a demonstration.

What conclusion do you draw from the book? Would you bother going to Chapter 2?
Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by Eddlad: 12:37pm On Jul 31, 2015
Weah96:

Fact, judging by the words that the books contain.

For example, a book tells you to mix a certain part acid and a certain part base, forming a salt. You collect the appropriate materials, mix them, and nothing happens. You repeat the incident over and over, double checking the materials and quantity each time. Still nothing. You ask others to show you how it's done. They can't. You contact practicing chemists, and they are unable to perform a demonstration.

What conclusion do you draw from the book? Would you bother going to Chapter 2?

Did this book tell you the exact time the reaction would precipitate the salt?What if you are to let the solution sit for say a year,after all it gave no timeline.
Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by Weah96: 1:08pm On Jul 31, 2015
Eddlad:

Did this book tell you the exact time the reaction would precipitate the salt?What if you are to let the solution sit for say a year,after all it gave no timeline.

Yes, it does. The book gives the time along with some other signs which indicate that the reaction is underway. It expects us to see a pink smoke, along with a hissing noise, before the salt forms. Hypothetically.

Now, neither you or anyone on the planet can provide a demonstration, after following the directions. There's no pink smoke, or hissing noise. No salt forms.

Would you continue to Chapter 2?
Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by Eddlad: 1:16pm On Jul 31, 2015
Weah96:

Yes, it does. The book gives the time along with some other signs which indicate that the reaction is underway. It expects us to see a pink smoke, along with a hissing noise, before the salt forms. Hypothetically.

Now, neither you or anyone on the planet can provide a demonstration, after following the directions. There's no pink smoke, or hissing noise. No salt forms.

Would you continue to Chapter 2?

And what was the timeline,by all means tell me.

1 Like

Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by Weah96: 1:38pm On Jul 31, 2015
Eddlad:

And what was the timeline,by all means tell me.

You're in the process of losing your train of thought, a behavior typical of humans who are hypnotized from birth.

We're still talking about my hypothetical book, right?

1 Like

Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by Eddlad: 1:45pm On Jul 31, 2015
Weah96:

You're in the process of losing your train of thought, a behavior typical of humans who are hypnotized from birth.

We're still talking about my hypothetical book, right?

Did you talk about a different book I didn't read you write?

1 Like

Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by Weah96: 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2015
Eddlad:

Did you talk about a different book I didn't read you write?

OK, in the book, the salt should form within 5 seconds. The book also says that seconds are seconds. There are no trick definitions. It makes this point very clear.

Would you go to Chapter 2?
Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by Eddlad: 2:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
Weah96:

OK, in the book, the salt should form within 5 seconds. The book also says that seconds are seconds. There are no trick definitions. It makes this point very clear.

Would you go to Chapter 2?

It gave a stipulated timeline and failed to proof itself? I know would like to find out why that happened.

I really like hypocritical books but can I know what you are gunning at?

1 Like

Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by Weah96: 2:22pm On Jul 31, 2015
Eddlad:

It gave a stipulated timeline and failed to proof itself? I know would like to find out why that happened.

I really like hypocritical books but can I know what you are gunning at?

Yes, it failed to prove itself. That's what I've been getting at. Do you understand now?

The Abrahamic books have failed to prove anything by a similar measure.
Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by Eddlad: 2:36pm On Jul 31, 2015
Weah96:

Yes, it failed to prove itself. That's what I've been getting at. Do you understand now?

The Abrahamic books have failed to prove anything by a similar measure.

Abrahamic books?What happened to your hypothetical book? Is your hypothetical book the bible?
Re: See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! by Weah96: 2:39pm On Jul 31, 2015
Eddlad:

Abrahamic books?What happened to your hypothetical book? Is your hypothetical book the bible?

You wanted to know what I was "gunning at?"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled - Joseph Prince / Pastor Adeboye - Man With Animals Inside His Head. / Names Of The Angels Of Heaven According To The Bible And Who Named Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.