Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

A Reaction To The Article: Is It Time For Ndi Igbo To Panic? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Reaction To The Article: Is It Time For Ndi Igbo To Panic? (414 Views)

It’s Too Early To Panic, Jimoh Ibrahim Replies Fayose / Ikpeazu To Appeal High Court Judgement: Tells Abians Not To Panic / Is It Time For Ndi Igbo To Panic? - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Reaction To The Article: Is It Time For Ndi Igbo To Panic? by lawnreigh(m): 12:14pm On Jul 30, 2015
I read an article on Nairaland recently culled from Sahara reporters by one of my hustling brothers that came from where the sun rises about been short changed by the Buhari led administration, on a closer look I realize how human nature could be. Asides not voting Buhari in the last general election which to me isn't an excuse in a good democratic dispensation.
(1) My brothers will come today and say that they don't want any position from Nigeria because the country is a zoo and all that and that they want there own Country, tomorrow they will say the government is short changing them and it's undemocratic (Double Speaking & hypocracy).
(2) They refuse to Vote the ruling party in the Senate & only 2 members in the house of Reps, the 2 members voted are 1st timers which are not high ranking honorables (Standing Order though can be bent due to supremacy of Nigerian Constitution) and fast forward the South West had over 15 PDP Honorables in the lower chamber but are not deemed fit for any minority position in the house and the South West is not crying foul. (4) When President Goodluck Jonathan led government was appointing this my same brothers even more than his own Ijaw people, marginalizing the South West region, no complaint and no secessionist agenda came up because it was all working in there favour especially the Former SGF appointing his Kinsmen in almost every position available.
Lastly the Buhari led government has only made a few appointments and he is yet to make 100's of appointments so I see no cause for alarm and no reason to play victim card as been played at the moment. I'd advice they start playing opposition politics the way South West people played in the last dispensation which later became the ruling party today (despite voting PGEJ but later marginalized).

1 Like

Re: A Reaction To The Article: Is It Time For Ndi Igbo To Panic? by Anamachi3(m): 12:16pm On Jul 30, 2015
grin
Re: A Reaction To The Article: Is It Time For Ndi Igbo To Panic? by Unsad(m): 12:16pm On Jul 30, 2015
Smh
Re: A Reaction To The Article: Is It Time For Ndi Igbo To Panic? by pepperonii(f): 12:17pm On Jul 30, 2015
Re: A Reaction To The Article: Is It Time For Ndi Igbo To Panic? by babyfaceafrica: 12:31pm On Jul 30, 2015
Nice one..but they won't listen..I have given up a long time

(1) (Reply)

Yobe Guber: How N15m Was Paid Into Rec’s Account In One Day / The Emergence Of Change: Saraki And The 8th Nigerian Senate By Saka Olawale / Ekiti Estate Residents Report Fayose To IG Over Eviction.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.