Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Being Christ-like - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Being Christ-like (432 Views)

Pastor Ibiyiomie Show Kemi Christ Like Mercy And Free Her. / As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? / 10 Christ-like Figures Who Pre-date Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Being Christ-like by 9iceX(m): 2:38pm On Jul 30, 2015
One of the most difficult thing for us to do as humans is to forgive each other and God recognizes it too. That could only be the reason why Jesus while teaching His disciples how to pray said:
“For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will you Father forgive your trespasses”
Each time we disobey God, we offend him. Sometimes, we know we are wrong, but there are times we are just too ignorant of the consequence of what we are doing. If God were to judge us each time we go astray, most of our prayers will not be answered and certainly, the human race would have been annihilated again. This is the doctrine of forgiveness which God wants us to live by.

Often times, when we say we have forgiven someone, we still find it difficult to relate with them. Each time we see them, we are reminded of their faults and restrain from getting close to them again: whereas, when we offend others, we expect them to forgive us once we say we are sorry. Should we then blame such people for keeping us at arm’s length whenever we meet?
Funny enough, Our Children are learning; watching closely all we do.
This is the doctrine of reconciliation. It may be difficult, but we can ask God for grace to apply it in our individual lives.

Jesus Christ knew that those who crucify Him did not know what they were doing. He also knew there would be consequences of their actions; yet He ask God to forgive them. We may not be Christ, but we are enjoined to be like Him.

“Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect” –Matthew 5:48

Jesus Christ must have being the one who told the disciples how He was tempted by the devil in the wilderness and how He overcame the temptation. But why did He tell them?

He told them so that…
•They might know that Satan can and will tempt anybody
•Satan knows how to work on people’s heart when they are alone
•Satan is the one who make people feel desperate
•Satan makes men over ambitious and over confident
•Satan shifts men’s focus away from God to worldly things which is idolatry
•Satan always distort the word of God
•It is only by knowing the true word of God and by applying it in one’s life that Satan can be overcome.

Mind what goes on in your mind when you are alone. Satan has many ways of infiltrating the human mind especially when he is alone. Never feel too invincible or too righteous; because the devil knows your weaknesses too.

Always pray that God upholds you by His grace. There is a thin line between needs and lusts and oftentimes, we do not know the difference between the two. Never trust in your knowledge or power: trust only in His mercy and grace.

Sometimes, we are misinformed (wrongly inspired by the devil), yet we back our actions with Scriptures. Check your craving. If it is for wealth or power or glory (fame), you may likely end up enslaved by it. You can always be mentored by men, but let Jesus be your motivation.

“And He said to me, “my grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boost in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me” -2nd Corinthians 12:9

Our Prayer Point:
•Give me a forgiving heart O Lord. Teach and give me grace to be like You
•Help me Lord to be like You. Let Your grace be sufficient for me whenever I am in need of it

http://www.nawesabi.com

(1) (Reply)

What Is D Difference Btw ''PRAISE & WORSHIP''?. / Is This Wrong? / The Golden Rule.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.