Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) (40911 Views)

EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) / Nairalander And His Team Storms Rivers Government House-pictures / NLC Strike: Rivers Government Threatens Workers With ‘no Work, No Pay’ Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by lalasticlala(m): 6:43pm On Jul 30, 2015
EXCLUSIVE: Rivers Government SUV allegedly stolen, abandoned in Abuja Plaza

Despite efforts made by the Governor Nyesom Wike’s administration in Rivers State to recover all vehicles belonging to the state government, allegedly carted away by officials of the former Governor Rotimi Ameachi led administration in the state, DAILY POST investigation has revealed that a number of the vehicles are still being kept in various locations outside the state.

A discreet investigation by DAILY POST shows that many sport utilities vehicles litter several private and commercial properties in the Federal Capital Territory, with sources pointing accusing fingers at officers of the last administration in the state.

One of such vehicles, according to DAILY POST investigation, is a Range Rover Sports with registration number 17A-23RV, packed in a commercial complex in the Utako area of Abuja.

According to findings, the vehicle surfaced few weeks ago, as people using the complex got to their offices one morning to see the vehicle parked there, but has never at any point seen anybody coming to either warm or inspect the vehicle.

One of the business owners at the plaza, who spoke to DAILY POST under the condition of anonymity, said they were surprised that the vehicle had been parked at the car park of the plaza for a while without anybody coming near it.

“The truth is that we are as puzzled as anybody else; we have been wondering what a Rivers State government vehicle is doing here at our car park. It is more interesting because we do not have anybody around here that is known to us that works with the Rivers State government, neither is there any Rivers State government office in the complex or anywhere close to this plaza”.

DAILY POST also observed that two of the tyres of the Range Rover Sports have been deflated either deliberately or because of the length of time it have been parked.

It will be recalled that the new administration in Rivers State have been on the trail on those it said looted properties and vehicles belonging to the state government, with the forceful retrieval of a bullet proof Toyota Lancruiser SUV from the immediate past Commissioner of Information in the state.

The state government also said at that time that several of its properties and vehicles in Abuja were carted away by officials of the past administration.

Speaking to DAILY POST on the development, the Chief Press Secretary to the Rivers State Governor, Mr. Opanubo Inko-Tariah, said the vehicle is most probably one of those stolen and hidden by those who worked for the last administration.

“If you remember, the state government had alerted the public before now that those who worked with the last administration stole vehicles belonging to the state government. We have tried to use the police to recover a lot of them.

“The state government does not have vehicles to use at the moment; even the Governor is using his personal vehicle at the moment. The vehicles he has in his convoy are equally his personal vehicles. The commissioners and the Chief of Staff are all using their personal vehicles because the state government does not have vehicles as a result of theft of government vehicles by the last administration.

“What we have been doing is that anytime we get information about such vehicles, we go after them and recover them and whenever that is done, people begin to whip up sentiments. It is my believe that this one in question is one of such vehicles. Though I cannot authoritatively say because I am yet to meet the transport officer for confirmation. However, it is pertinent to ask what a Rivers State government’s vehicle is doing in a plaza in Abuja?

“My thinking is that they are probably hiding the vehicle there because to the best of my knowledge, no government vehicle has moved from here to Abuja. It is probably one of the stolen vehicles they took there to hide”, Inkoh-Tariah said.

The governor’s spokesman however said he would liaise with the relevant authorities so the report can be investigated and appropriate action

http://dailypost.ng/2015/07/30/exclusive-rivers-government-suv-allegedly-stolen-abandoned-in-abuja-plaza/

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by Cutehector(m): 6:45pm On Jul 30, 2015
Witches
Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by vizkiz: 6:45pm On Jul 30, 2015
9ja I hail thee!
"Stealing is not corruption"
grin

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by natas22: 6:45pm On Jul 30, 2015
Peeps taking government property since the beginning of time
www.
Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by natas22: 6:46pm On Jul 30, 2015
gaburiel:
I have a dream, that one day, the thunder wey carry belle go dey fire all the government and private thieves wey dey steal our collective wealth for Nigeria.

Amen to that
www.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by SeverusSnape(m): 6:46pm On Jul 30, 2015
Thanks to Buhari's right hand man Amaechi.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by tcalc: 6:48pm On Jul 30, 2015
done with embezzling money.........now it's cars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by tohpahz(f): 6:50pm On Jul 30, 2015
Hmmmmm.

The car moved to abj on it's own.. lolzz

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by EdCure: 6:51pm On Jul 30, 2015
TRADELYN:
So who is the most corrupt? undecided
Still in PDP.

6 Likes

Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by Candyrain(m): 6:52pm On Jul 30, 2015
State property is always sweet hence their reason for not wanting to release them.

But how did it grow wings and land in Abuja?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by gaburiel(m): 6:52pm On Jul 30, 2015
I have a dream, that one day, the thunder wey carry belle go dey fire all the government and private thieves wey dey steal our collective wealth for Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by suzyque(f): 6:54pm On Jul 30, 2015
I need your vote, just like the pix. Click on the link and vote.
Miss Ambassador for Peace 2015 Contestants
@[661795423921558:https://m.facebook.com/MissAmbassadorForPeace/photos/a.661794957254938.1073741842.252579684843136/661795423921558/?type=1&source=43]

1 Like

Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by CR77(f): 6:55pm On Jul 30, 2015
Na Amaechi boys hand work

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 30, 2015
Great

Wike chasing fairly used SUV's since May 29 shocked

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by butanepro(m): 6:56pm On Jul 30, 2015
This story get as e be oooooo #KLeg

1 Like

Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by mencade5(m): 6:56pm On Jul 30, 2015
[size=20pt] amaethief oooooo....your father! [/size]

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by Austindark(m): 6:56pm On Jul 30, 2015
Can't imagine that those thieves went to have a handshake with Obama.....

And a whole America with their technology could not discover that they are thieves.... Something I can even see from my room.

Well, birds of a feather.................... ..........

20 Likes

Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by jstbeinhonest(m): 6:56pm On Jul 30, 2015

Wike should pls petition the efcc.
Lets see how they'll respond.
Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by UnknownT: 6:57pm On Jul 30, 2015
Inko-Tariah, your saying all the cars in Wike's convey are his personal cars is quite "implicating", I have come across Wike's convoy at Umuapu and the cars no be low quality

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 30, 2015
An investigation should be in order here.
Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by fatdon2(m): 6:58pm On Jul 30, 2015
shocked
Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by DankemzI(m): 6:58pm On Jul 30, 2015
This Wike with vehicles is he witch hunting vehicles?
Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by Ngasky(m): 6:58pm On Jul 30, 2015
if stolen should be returned to the state. come to think of it the person that took that car is a fool to leave the state plate number and also have no place to hide it so he abandons It at a plaza
Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by nigerianvenom(m): 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2015
apc=government of the thieves ,by the thieves and for the thieves

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by CR77(f): 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
mencade5:
[size=20pt] amaethief oooooo....your father! [/size]

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by shininglite(m): 7:00pm On Jul 30, 2015
The coward of ubima aka flying monorail would never disapoint

Ameachi is a common thief

He is steals anything ....spoon,towel,television,pot,chairs,doors,cars.nd finally tax payers money

Buhari is a terrorist -el rufai

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by sigiyaya(m): 7:00pm On Jul 30, 2015
what always come to my mind when ever read this kind story that is the kind of hatred this our so called leaders have for its citizens. Watin we do them? they go steal oil, steal money, Steal land, Steal cars, Steal fine girls(boys), Still train their children to continue after the must have gone. if all these are happen in rivers state i wonder the faith of IMO state when Alhaji Rochas lives office(that is if he ever gonna live) lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by bezimo(m): 7:00pm On Jul 30, 2015
This is a confirmation that Wike was right afterall. This shows the extent to which Ameachi and his team looted Rivers state properties.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by Opinedecandid(m): 7:00pm On Jul 30, 2015
Amaechi!
Amaechi!
Amaechi!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 30, 2015
Someone parked a vehicle at a complex and you want me to believe that ? I'm expecting Wike to look through the records and tell us who the vehicle was allocated to.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Bisi Adeleye Fayemi: Biography Of Ekiti State First Lady In Waiting / Saraki Knocks APC For Linking Him With Hushpuppi / Throwback Photo Of Sani Abacha's Daughter Rocking Her Daddy's Coat In China.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.