Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:23 AM

How To Create A Successfull Blog - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Successfull Blog (461 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Create A Successfull Blog by iamtomiymb: 8:46pm On Jul 30, 2015
Summary Overview: Starting a Blog
Follow the step-by-step instructions in this blog post to learn how to start a blog in less than an hour. We used this process to create our successful blog, which now has more than 4 million readers and has been featured in the New York Times, TIME magazine, and on the TODAY show.

Select your platform, domain name, and hosting.
Easily create a unique design by choosing a theme.
Modify your blog until you have your desired look.
Select the best plugins for your blog.
Write compelling content that adds value to readers.

NOTE: Niteclass‘ blog is hosted by Google. For only for free

How to Start a Blog or Website: Step-by-Step Instructions
So you don’t have any idea where to start, right? Guess what—neither did I. I was clueless. When I started NiteClass few years ago, we had no idea how to start a blog. I could hardly spell HTML, let alone build a beautiful website.
But good news: it’s easier than you think. We’ve learned a ton during our ascent to 4 million readers. And now you can learn from our pain and suffering to circumvent much of the tedium involved in creating a successful blog. Here’s how we started our blog, step by step, followed by additional rationale and insights below:

Domain and Hosting. The first thing I did was go to blogger,com and register . get your domain at Whogohost. I didn’t even need to set up a blogger page first, since blogger does all that for you.
Theme. A good theme gives you the look and feel you want for your blog, allowing you to design your blog exactly how you want it to look. If you’re not a coder (I certainly weren’t), then a theme makes the design work a million times easier. Plus, once you purchase a theme, which are inexpensive for the time they save you, you own it for life. A theme has two halves: the framework (the bones) and the Child Theme (the beauty):
Tinkering. Once I had my domain, hosting, blogger and theme, I spent a lot of time tweaking the theme to get the look and feel I wanted (i.e., making my vision a reality). Then I spent even more time tweaking the theme and arguing about it and tweaking it some more. I also set up a free Feedburner account so people could subscribe to our site via email and RSS subscriptions. And then we established a free Google Analytics account to track our stats. Feedburner and Google Analytics were both easy to sign up for, and I still use both today.
Plugins. We use only a few widget on my site: Google Analytics for Blogger” and really simple Facebook and Twitter share-button plugins (since human beings are intrinsically wired to share value, it’s important to make your posts easy to share with others). They take just a few seconds (literally a few seconds, it’s just a click of a button) to install once your site is all set up.
Content. Last, via Blogger we started writing and uploading the content for our pages: About Page, Contact Page, Start Here Page, Books Page, Events Page, Archives Page, etc. Next, I designed my logo using free images I found online and text from a regular word-processing program. Then I put a picture of ourselves in the header (this is important because people identify with people, not logos). Finally I started writing new blog posts and posting them regularly (at least once a week). And the rest is history.
[b] fulll details here[/b]http://niteclass..com/2015/07/how-to-create-successfull-blog.html
Re: How To Create A Successfull Blog by Princenovo(m): 9:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Speed Limiter Device Help Reduce Accident And Fuel Consumption Find Out / Xiaomi Would Unveil It’s First ‘made In India’ Smartphone Today / African Educational Systems.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.