Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose (25410 Views)

Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose / New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose / What A Military Man Did To A Danfo Driver Today In Apapa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by etenyong(m): 9:02pm On Jul 30, 2015
Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has appealed to members of the Road Transport Employers Association of Nigeria against allowing themselves to be used by kidnappers to perpetrate evil.

Speaking on Thursday during the swearing-in of the new State Executives of the union in Ado Ekiti, the governor, who said he was once a Danfo driver, appealed to the drivers to be orderly and not to be desperate.

He said, “Please, I want to commend you for contributing immensely to the development of the state’s economy, but don’t allow yourselves to be used by evil doers. You can see that some kidnappers were paraded recently. Information from them revealed that they have been using some of your members.
“I was once a driver like you. I used the money I got from driving to sponsor myself for HND at Ibadan Polytechnic, but I did not get desperate. All I’m saying is that being a driver you can make it in life. You will become what you want to become in life with hard work. Don’t join evil gang for you to get rich overnight, try and rise through the ladder like we did.”

He cautioned drivers against reckless driving, reminding them of the ‘don’t drink and drive’ rule.

“Though I am part of you, but if you breach the law, I won’t save or spare you. You will be arrested and prosecuted by the security agents,” he said.

The governor, who recalled that he united the two unions – RTEAN and National Union of Road and Transport Workers – in his first term, said the occasion was a sign that good things were coming in Ekiti .

“We should emulate this kind of occasion. This is very good. We will always identify with this kind of achievements. You are doing a good job for this country. I don’t want to be the enemies of drivers, I want to be your friend.”

He also thanked the unions for standing by him during the failed impeachment plot against him by the former 19 All Progressives Congress lawmakers.

Fayose, who had earlier spoken at the 2015 Annual Conference of the Institute of Strategic Management, appealed to leaders to focus attention on how to banish poverty that is killing the potentials of many Nigerians.

Speaking on the theme ‘Strategies for Poverty Alleviation,’ Fayose said his desperate bid to banish poverty in the land had propelled him to pioneer the stomach infrastructure concept that had become a brand in the country.

“In tackling poverty, the first thing to do is to empower the people. But before empowerment, you must make them look healthy through provision of food. Let them get access to you as a leader, this will give them sense of belonging and relief.

“Some of the projects being executed by MDGs centred on poverty alleviation. Poverty has become a serious issue in Nigeria. That was why my government make the payment of salaries the first thing, because this will keep the people and the economy going.

“I received close to 200 to 300 calls and messages daily on stomach infrastructure. Though, 90 percent of it is about money, but we should not shy away from the fact that the concept has become a way of life in Nigeria as a good weapon to tackle poverty among the common people.”

www.punchng.com/news/i-was-once-a-danfo-driver-says-fayose/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by Trackango: 9:03pm On Jul 30, 2015
Story

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by ladyF(f): 9:03pm On Jul 30, 2015
Eeyah. How tins change

It's [size=20pt]LadyF [/size] again grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 30, 2015
a former danfo driver now a state governor, that's really an achievement. i know for sure every morning when he wakes up he is always gonna be thankful for where he is and that's really the kind of life i want to live, looking back and realising how God has really blessed me.

buh fayose no be my pesin, the guy geh big mouth...

45 Likes

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by Bugatie(m): 9:04pm On Jul 30, 2015
Very obvious, he has seen it rough before

Rugged governor with skills from the street,

Impossibility is nothing!

Shout out to all keke and danfo drivers, just believe, you all are governors in the making.

86 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by ikbnice(m): 9:05pm On Jul 30, 2015
No wonder. The trait is still in him.

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by natas22: 9:05pm On Jul 30, 2015
Give this man called fayose a bottle of chilled orijin he deserve to be our next President come 2019 he alone understands local politics.

The likes of him that used the same MO got to the throne people like mko gej

www.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by Abugab(m): 9:06pm On Jul 30, 2015
Not news.
We once had a president who didn't have a shoe.
I was once a farmer....
All na garnishing

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by tpiander: 9:06pm On Jul 30, 2015
Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by ki02020(m): 9:06pm On Jul 30, 2015
Ekiti people don suffer....what an irony the most acclaimed intellectuals now being govern by a once LURTW member grin

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by tpiander: 9:07pm On Jul 30, 2015
ikbnice:
No wonder. The trait is still in him.

well, he said he needed the job to pay his school fees. . . . . . . . . . ..

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by buskie13(m): 9:07pm On Jul 30, 2015
every1 has a past whether good or bad.....what matters is how ur past engineers ur present n also ur future....

God bless Ekiti ppl and de Governor...

16 Likes

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by seunmsg(m): 9:08pm On Jul 30, 2015
No wonder he's always at home with them. He behaves and dress like them. The garage blood still flows in him.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by Skako(m): 9:12pm On Jul 30, 2015
Even im dress don show am b4

4 Likes

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by temitemi1(m): 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2015
God Bless You More My ROLE MODEL!

30 Likes

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by realtestament(m): 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2015
He's was even driving sef, Gej use 2 walk barefooted from otuoke 2 amuoke undecided

#picks race grin

2 Likes

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by Flyoruboy(m): 9:17pm On Jul 30, 2015
No wonder. Once a tout... (fill in the blanks).
cheesy

4 Likes

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by etenyong(m): 9:17pm On Jul 30, 2015
No wonder he always talk like them.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by tpiander: 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2015
I dont think he should be abused for saying he worked to put himself through school though.

There is dignity in labour.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by christinie(f): 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2015
Obasanjo was once used as a pawn by his very poor parents.

1 Like

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by tpiander: 9:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
^ explain.
Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by Boss13: 9:22pm On Jul 30, 2015
No wonder he acts the way he does.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by EdCure: 9:27pm On Jul 30, 2015
tpiander:
I dont think he should be abused for saying he worked to put himself through school though.
There is dignity in labour.

11 Likes

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by wagazala: 9:28pm On Jul 30, 2015
Explains everything really. From today I shall start respecting this man. E no easy for agbero to turn Governor.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 30, 2015
In pick milk voice; it's in you

7 Likes

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by DankemzI(m): 9:33pm On Jul 30, 2015
No wonder

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by khalleb(m): 9:35pm On Jul 30, 2015
Hmm is like associating yourself to the common man na E sure pass for politics. To foyose your own is not the first, the first person na MKO
MKO - I was once a fire wood seller
GEJ - I was once without shoe
Now is fayose saying he was once a DANFO DRIVER

to those wey won contest for 2019 if you don't have I WAS ONCE na offside you dey

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by morbeta(m): 9:38pm On Jul 30, 2015
Thug life
Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by tpiander: 9:39pm On Jul 30, 2015
@ khalleb

you're mixing up obasanjo with mko abiola.
Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by vicadex07(m): 9:41pm On Jul 30, 2015
No wonder, the agbero tendency still dey him body wella. Am sure he still smokes weed on a regular basis...more reason he likes taking pics while eating like someone who has been handed a death sentence.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by khalleb(m): 9:51pm On Jul 30, 2015
tpiander:
@ khalleb

you're mixing up obasanjo with mko abiola.

Hoo you are totally correct

Tnx
Re: I Was Once A Danfo Driver, Says Fayose by buharisambisada: 9:57pm On Jul 30, 2015
My mentor the obasanjo slayer.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanwo Olu, Dangote, Emefiele At CBN Consultative Round Table. PICTURES. / Apostle Suleman Prays For Governor Okowa (Photos) / Photos Fom Handshake Across The Niger In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.