Stats: 3,148,653 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja (41748 Views)

Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja / 10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry / PHOTOS: Why Lagos Is The Craziest City In World (2) (3) (4)

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 30, 2015
There is no success like Lagos Success in Nigeria!
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by missmalachi: 11:46pm On Jul 30, 2015
I lived in abuja for 20 something yrs of my life and marriage brought me to lagos since last year,i have not stop crying till date.

I pick drop in abuja for 200 u cant find such here.
No wonder lagosians life span seems shorter in niaja due to unnecessary stress.
I wonder how they catch the fun they keep talking about.

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by mikeuz(m): 11:47pm On Jul 30, 2015
The Op done craze con normal, con mad, con kolo. Lagos is 1 of d worst place to live on planet earth,have tasted cities in nigeria,The only city that can rival Abj is Enugu.
World people dont let the Op decieve u, lagos is a place for mad people, the sane become insane without knowing it, and they spend so much time in suffering and begin to think its a cool place just because the human body can adapt to the mad situations.most lagosian cant even cope with normal life outside lagos, and then they start complaining that the city is boring.

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by aristosoft(m): 11:47pm On Jul 30, 2015
I've lived in both. I still prefer Abuja all the same. The only difference is that it's easier to move from grass in Lagos than in Abuja.
Transport is cheaper and constant in Abuja, even accommodation but most money source in Abuja is through the government and International NGOs. Poor industry except for building and estates.

Social life in Abuja is still lower than Lagos anyways.

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Nowenuse: 11:51pm On Jul 30, 2015
GoldCircle:
How come no one is talking about the BH factor in Abuja? You go church na bomb, you go mammy market go shark, na bomb! You go enter bus sef on a Monday morning to work na bomb! That alone is enforced me to relocate to a "shithole" rather die in the hands of a suicide bomber seeking virgins in heaven.
Without security, every other thing na wash!

Abuja has only been bombed twice since 2009 (6 years interval), so don't make it sound like it's an everyday issue like in Iraq.

Besides, BH can end just tomoro, but can the ritualist activities, street hooliganism, Agbero lifestyle, kidnappers, yahoo yahoo, 419 end in Lagos overnight?? HELL NO!

So talking about security, Abuja is still ahead.

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by dukecharles(m): 11:54pm On Jul 30, 2015
You can't compare Abuja to Lagos... People in Lagos don't ve a life, thanks to traffic... ABUJA is a city to be. A friend of my came to visit, after 2 days, he was reluctant to go back.
No hold up, cheap transportation system, educated people, organized lifestyle etc

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 31, 2015
This post shows that @Op haven't gone to taste Abuja life.

Abuja over Lagos over 1000 times.

That dirtiest, noisest , stressful and wackiest city.... That you'll be sleeping with noise? Lagos for me is wack...

This yoruba erand boys should stop thinking from their anus....

Abuja, obodo di oma!

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by KevinDein: 12:03am On Jul 31, 2015
missmalachi:
I lived in abuja for 20 something yrs of my life and marriage brought me to lagos since last year,i have not stop crying till date.

I pick drop in abuja for 200 u cant find such here.
No wonder lagosians life span seems shorter in niaja due to unnecessary stress.
I wonder how they catch the fun they keep talking about.
sis I can relate.
I've spent over 4 years in Lagos so far and they've been by far the worst years of my life. in Lagos one literally struggles for everything. I mean things people in other parts of the country take for granted, you'll have to struggle for them in Lagos.
I'll always maintain that only hell can be worse than Lagos.
one day I'll just wake up quit my job and leave this hell. the delusional lagosians can keep having their imaginary fun.
no point staying in Lagos.

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by porka: 12:04am On Jul 31, 2015
[size=13pt]Someone who has never been to Abuja just typing some mumbo-jumbo about cost of transportation.

How can the cost of transportation be cheaper in (Lagos) a city where the road median is wider than the lane. Where emphasis is more on grass than ease of vehicular movement.

Where movement from Adekunle to Unilag (less than 4 km) will take the same time as going from Eagle Square to Abaji (about 120 km)

Listen, there are parameters civilized people use to take their decisions.

There's life expectancy, literacy level, infant mortality, maternal mortality, GDP per capita, education opportunity, etc., talk about these, not the mundane things that they are using to distract you from the essence of living and human dignity. [/size]

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Armstrong34(m): 12:04am On Jul 31, 2015
lasgidi for life......a place where conductor collect money from passengers bfor bus leave park...... grin
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Lawsimon(m): 12:06am On Jul 31, 2015
Lagos, undoubtedly, is the commercial nerve centre of the country. In that sense, it is incomparable and unmatch. However, the calmness, serenity, cleanness and 'stressless' that characterize Abuja, would compel anyone to think twice before making a choice between the two cities. Personally, as a PCM, I would go for Lagos any time any day, if I'm to choose between the two. REASONS ABOUND EVEN BEYOND WHAT THE OP HIGHLIGHTED.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by missmalachi: 12:11am On Jul 31, 2015
KevinDein:
sis I can relate.
I've spent over 4 years in Lagos so far and they've been by far the worst years of my life. in Lagos one literally struggles for everything. I mean things people in other parts of the country take for granted, you'll have to struggle for them in Lagos.
I'll always maintain that only hell can be worse than Lagos.
one day I'll just wake up quit my job and leave this hell. the delusional lagosians can keep having their imaginary fun.
no point staying in Lagos.

My dear apart from the stressful live style I came to realize how lazy people are in lagos n yet they claim 2 b hustling.
It is only in lagos I see youth trying to make money without working.they claim 2 b omonile n der so called agbenro.

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by mDotLysouqDotcom(m): 12:16am On Jul 31, 2015
Truetalk
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by panegyrics: 12:18am On Jul 31, 2015
Lagos all the way...
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Feranchek(m): 12:20am On Jul 31, 2015
missbronze:
,Not true

If u stay in Lagos, and happen to have a taste of Abuja small, believe me, u will never want to go back to ,Lagos.

What can be better than living a less stressful life and yet, making your cool dough.

Everything about Lagos, is just stress.

Going to work-- stress.
Going to church-- stress.
Going to have fun-- stress.
Even, to enjoy your the money,-- stress too.

What is good about a city of madness, being held in traffic for hours. staying in d office till 10pm in order to beat traffic, and having to wake up 3am to also beat traffic.

And, fyi, accommodation is affordable in Abuja. it depends on where u want to say. Dont stay in a house ur only two months salary cannot pay for..(that's my rule). (We didn't come to Abuja for landlords abeg.)

Abuja is the city of big boys and gals.

MinE is 3 months....
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by KevinDein: 12:20am On Jul 31, 2015
missmalachi:

My dear apart from the stressful live style I came to realize how lazy people are in lagos n yet they claim 2 b hustling.
It is only in lagos I see youth trying to make money without working.they claim 2 b omonile n der so called agbenro.
you're right.
what most lagosians term hustling is actually making money through dubious means. I've tried to find one thing, just one thing to like about Lagos but I can't. the town is upside down.
the biggest mystery however is lagosians think Lagos is the best thing since slice bread.

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Nobody: 12:26am On Jul 31, 2015
The Op has obviously never lived in Abuja.
Abuja my city! smiley

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 31, 2015
Lagos very very dirty that's why there is so much flood.if rain catches you on the road while going to work.I pity you.
Lagos that rain will fall and flood your office.Lagos road that will spoil your shoe not to talk of car.
Lagos that you will pay for expensive house in lekki when the rain comes it will be like you are living under the sea.
Lagosians know how to form traffic for no just cause.
Lagos is very very disorganized.so many agberos and mad people driving lagos buses and brt.
In lagos you can still find traditional sacrafices on open roads in this 2015.
Its only in lagos that you will see dead body on the road every day.

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Obrigardo: 12:32am On Jul 31, 2015
Lagos is a shitty place..Even guys wants to leave that hell hole when they get paid. Abuja is really serene and cool to raise a family.

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by sunsewa: 12:33am On Jul 31, 2015
stinggy:

You forget to tell him that the movement is even by a taxi and not a bus. A bus going 55km in lagos will charge nothing less than #300...

Just leave him, let him keep yarning dust...

Better Roads.
Cheaper Foods/foodstuff.
Far cheaper transportation.
Negligible traffic jam.
Natural environment and fresher air.

I can go on and on. Maybe he hasn't tasted both cities.

Boko boys and their females bombers equals to insecurity to average man staying off town and his children attending schools, even the richer ones are not free in their elites zone, much security backups, the reason my family will continue staying in Lagos,whenever my hurstle take me to Abuja.

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Nobody: 12:59am On Jul 31, 2015
ok...
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by okonja(m): 1:35am On Jul 31, 2015
Emmatdayo:

I guess you based in a Lagos and do visit here (Abuja) seldomly

I once stayed in Lagos and am staying in Abuja now, and I would say Abuja is far more preferable to Lagos...

Starting with the issue of transport, there are coastal buses around plying different routes from the business district to the residential area and there prices ranges between N100 & N150. The green cab you mentioned charges N100 per head, For example, from Area 1 to Wuse is N100 per head, and am sure a danfo in Lagos would charge N150 or N200 per head for that same distance, the high price they charge is if you are the only one taking the cab as a drop, then be ready to pay for comfortability.

You didn't talk about traffic situation...Imagine after you have been in the office from 9am to 6pm in V.I and on your way back to Oshodi via 3rd mainland bridge, I believe you know the drill wink, I spent nothing less than 1hr+ on that bridge everyday coming from V.I while in Lagos angry but the case is different here, If you have your ride, you can easily take different route to your destination without necessary joining the traffic route
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by fzero: 2:01am On Jul 31, 2015
admax:
The above points are true but...Abuja remain the best city to live in Nigeria no doubt.

Mehn...Lagosians are dying daily (but only few of them know this ) due to traffic related stress.

Transport in Abuja is cheaper than Lagos.

Trust me if you had lived in Lagos all your life then come to Abuja for a 3 weeks holiday, you wouldn't want to go back to Lag.

Stayed I Abuja for 5 years, nothing to write home about. Abuja is too dull for my liking.

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by fzero: 2:03am On Jul 31, 2015
evegran:
The Op has obviously never lived in Abuja.
Abuja my city! smiley
Abuja is dry as hell where people live fake lives.

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by RolePlay(m): 2:17am On Jul 31, 2015
shiro niyen
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by naijaboiy: 2:37am On Jul 31, 2015
fzero:

Abuja is dry as hell where people live fake lives.
What's this one saying? undecided

How do you define fake lives self?

Do you call struggling for everything and unnecessary stress real life? undecided

Please check your statement well.

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by naijaboiy: 2:41am On Jul 31, 2015
I stayed in lagos for 3 years and i've been in abuja for 16 years.

I don't think there is anything that will make me want to leave this city.

Everything is here. Even the so called "fun" people are talking about I get them here.

There are not so many places to go to but the few available are very worth it. If you have your money you are going to enjoy abuja to the very Last.

Well Op I support your thread. Keep telling them that Lagos is better than abuja so that they will just remain there.

I wouldn't want to wake up one morning and see agberos,,ritualists,,cultists,,kidnappers,,criminals and all sorts of dangerous people roaming on the streets of Abuja.

I prefer the fun for quietness. smiley

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Sparkle777(f): 3:26am On Jul 31, 2015
sparkleboy:

Hey dear! It's been a while, how are you?

Huh?? undecided.
Good, I guess.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Nobody: 3:42am On Jul 31, 2015
vimi:
1. The cost of living

There are places to get quality affordable stuffs iin Abuja too. One shud always cut his coat according to available material cool

2. A city of dream where paupers become millionaires

Hey, ii simply believe iin the formula preparation+opportunity+God=success.

3. Believe it or not, you can find an affordable apartment in Lagos

Must uu live iin Maitama(ministers hill) or Asokoro? There are affordable houses outskirts of Abuja.

5. Tourism merges with adventure in Lagos

Who said Abuja ain't got adventure? angry

6. Cheap transportation
was this article done iin the 80s?
Abuja equally got lot of transport alternatives like the BRT buses,buses, taxis cabs and tricycles for you. undecided

7. Home of entertainment – Nollywood

Well iin Abuja we see em politicians grin what do ii need celebs for undecided
8. Sollcial vibes – parties and nightlife
ii heard Abuja equally got all kinda clubs grin
9. Employment opportunities

lagos can brag of an insecure private sector job while Abuja enjoy FG jobs cool
10. Lagos has a sense of solidarity and love
Lol, ii got lost iin the busy street of lagos back then... Twas a horrible experience no one gave a listening ear not to talk of help , Lagosians are too busy with ill attitude angry
its either the OP only heard gist/gossip about Abuja or he visited Abuja in a day... All the OP said was just an irony, I chose to start life here because if not for any reason then its because generally life is much easier here. The national public holidays alone because of our Muslim brothers gives us rest on monthly basis grin , the easy traffic flow and cheap trans plus cheap food stuffs/fruits and evenn cheap accomodations(just like u said too).
Imagine taking a trip fr an 1hr wch will cost u 100naira or a drop u cud get in lag and ph for 1800, u get it here for 400naira. Its just that the past Mins of state 4kt up the system of the FCT by introducing touts to roam the streets.

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Nobody: 3:46am On Jul 31, 2015
Sparkle777:

Huh?? undecided. Good, I guess.
u dey form yanki or what? Answer the guy well jor.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Nobody: 3:46am On Jul 31, 2015
Sparkle777:

Huh?? undecided. Good, I guess.
u dey form yanki or what? Answer the guy well jor.

Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae / Men Watching Big Buttocks While Driving, Cause Of Most Crashes In Ghana - Offici / US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface