Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,448 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja (41769 Views)

Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja / 10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry / PHOTOS: Why Lagos Is The Craziest City In World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by fadconsult(m): 3:05pm On Jul 31, 2015
i gues its been a while the observer of this tread been to abuja.

1.The same way most lagosian cant afford lekki,ajah or island generally thats d abuja residence cant afford asokoro, maitama, wuse e.tc, most lagosian only reisdes in mainland which are agege, iyana ipaja, gbagada e.tc same way abuja residence resides in nyanyan, mararaba,lugbe,bwari,suleja

2. transpotation is cheaper in abuja than lagos, u can get drop for N200 while in lagos u cant, the highest amount a drop can collect in abuja is N2000 but in lagos is much more.

3.abuja residence have there ways of catching fun, theres amusement park, zoos, neighbourhood parks, silverbird, ceddi plaza, lounges, nite clubs etc so it depends on you.

4. Abuja houses the best 5 star hotel in africa and host of other hotels.

5. Not everybody that lived in abuja came from a wealthy home but the city has provided not only jobs but opportunity to residence to make something good out of their lives,am a witness to start.

6. Need i say that abuja didnt just came to be, people from lagos , ibadan, kano , PH etc are the one who made abuja, so you understand cultural diversity and appreciate its richness unlike lagos with predominantly yorubas,few igbos, little or no hausa.

7. The aint agberos, thugs, omo onile in abuja, the city is sanitized, no traffic congestion for hours , we have 10lanes roads wide enough for good movement.

8. i forget to say that food in abuja is cheaper compare to lagos because most food produce is from the north and abuja is closer than lagos e.g your owanbe cow comes from north, your jwellery like Gold etc comea from the north.

9.lastly Abuja is a Planned City

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by fzero: 4:21pm On Jul 31, 2015
evegran:

When you say people. Say "some". If not I'd simply assume your iq is extremely low.
Enjoy your weekend! smiley
Plus: we that live in Abuja, love it as it is.
Did I quote you.. I assume you are mentally unstable. Enjoy your weekend

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by tammie24: 4:26pm On Jul 31, 2015
new2020:
Which Lagos? The dirtiest city in the world according to globally recognized think tanks, publishers and media. The only city in Nigeria comparable to Abuja or even better is Enugu.
What will u say about aba
If Lagos is dirty
Where u keep onisha
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 31, 2015
Op u go just smoke ihemp finish dey write rubbish. Abj is far far better than lag in many aspect

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 31, 2015
fzero:

Did I quote you.. I assume you are mentally unstable. Enjoy your weekend

Whether you quoted me or not.
It's a public forum, everyone is free to express themselves. Oh and NL gave us all the quote option, regardless of if you quoted me or not. So, you're actually the one who seems mentally unstable or heavily retarded.

I will enjoy my weekend. smiley.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by fzero: 6:04pm On Jul 31, 2015
evegran:

Whether you quoted me or not.
It's a public forum, everyone is free to express themselves. Oh and NL gave us all the quote option, regardless of if you quoted me or not. So, you're actually the one who seems mentally unstable or heavily retarded.

I will enjoy my weekend. smiley.
I detest exchanging words with ladies, I will let it slide.. And by the way you look gorgeous. Can I send you a P.m wink let's be friends.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 31, 2015
Sparkle777:

I be abuja babe, shebi una say we too dey form.
So, take it.
@sparkleboy,who u?
lol!!! Now u are talking. Abeg make we relate. I be retired chairman for Abuja too.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by stinggy(m): 5:36am On Aug 03, 2015
peppyluv02:
@ Emmatdayo, transportation being cheap in lagos is a big lie.
I paid 4500 for taxi from lekki to FESTAC after much bargain.
In Abuja,that distance won't cost more than 1500 or 800 sef because the road is wide and free!
Each time I'm in Lagos,I age over night due to stress. Many young people in Lagos look old because of stress.
I hate Lagos! Dirty,lousy environment with lots of fake people on the Island!
grin grin
Are you for real?
LWKMD

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 03, 2015
My dear no be small thing o!stress makes one age faster..

stinggy:

grin grin
Are you for real?
LWKMD

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by londoner: 10:08pm On Aug 03, 2015
peppyluv02:
My dear no be small thing o!stress makes one age faster..

That's true I've noticed it too even in children. They sometimes have bags under their eyes, probably as they too have to get up so early to get to school in time and sit in traffic on the way home not to mention all the pollution and irritated adults around.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Ymodulus: 12:06pm On Jun 29, 2016
This thread just left me more confused.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by FKBZ: 5:35pm On Jun 29, 2016
Ymodulus:
This thread just left me more confused.

Ymodulus...pls i need to contact you.

What medium can i use to reach you.

tried sending a mail via nairaland,but didnt get any response.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by holuwadahmilolah(m): 12:29am On Jun 30, 2016
have been looking forward to be part of abuja residential.cos am tired of lag here,no jab nothing nothing.i want to be in abuja to start my hustle.cos am into house painting.any1 there who can welcome me there can messg me on 08186390821. THANKS
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by popizaino(m): 11:31am On Jun 30, 2016
hedonistic:
Those who have lived in both cities and yet prefer Lagos to Abuja can be likened to psychologically impaired females who prefer abusive/violent lovers than gentle/caring ones. For normal human beings who value quality of life and sanity, Abuja is a billion times more livable and FAR FAR FAAAAARRRRRR better than Lagos. I have lived in Lagos for two decades, and I currently shuttle between both cities, so I know what I'm talking about.

From the first time I set foot in Abuja some years ago, it was love at first sight, and I instantly knew within me that this was a place that I would call home sooner than later. It was a breath of fresh air...Fantastic city (by Nigerian standards) that oozed sanity, tranquility, power, and opportunity. Subsequent visits accelerated my love for the city and opened my eyes to the hell that I have been enduring in Lagos.
you have said it all.masochist

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface / Truck Plunges Into Epe River In Lagos, 2 Corpses Recovered / Caption It .. As Seen In Lagos Yesterday (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.