Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,578 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity (22000 Views)

How Job Seekers Lose Lucrative Job Ignorantly / How I Lost A Job Because Of A Customised Facebook Name / How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
Early april I got an aptitude test invite from a well known bank, i went for the test and i passed, as tests hasn't really proved to be that challenging for me, then after a few days i was invited for a group interview which i graced the interview which was about them knowing our marketing skills and i perform fairly (honestly) but that the last i heard from them. i wasnt happy cuz of that and i got over it and moved on with my job hunting. Later, in late june i was invited by the same bank again for an apptitude test, i was so suprised and was wondering what could be happening. i had to muster courage and decided to myself that i was going to make it to the final stage. the test was majorly a repitition of the previous one i did, just a few changes. i passed (as usual) and was later invited for the group interview, having an idea from my previour attempt i decided to brush up my marketing skills, to cut the long story short i passed and was invited for the final stage, but that was where i messed up.
HOW?
Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
before the test invite, i was planning to run a program in kwara state university, a program that offer another B.Sc to graduates in just 2 yrs with only weekend classes and i had gotten the form and was offered admission already, but i haven't paid the fees. so i was asked a particular question on the day of the final interview, i can't remember what the question was, but i ended up talking about the program telling them how i would be attending lectures during weekends (and i was thinking that's gonna give me an advantage). then i was asked how i was going to cope if eventually i was offered the job then i gave them an assuring answer but they weren't satisfied. that was when it dawned on me that i had messed up. the interview that was becoming interesting suddenly became dry. then my turn was over and i went out and went straight to my uncle who is a branch manager in another bank and explained my saga to him and he said i just lost the job because i talked about my schooling ambition...

cc lalasticlala

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by eluquenson(m): 11:28pm On Jul 30, 2015
Nah over sharp worry you @Op

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by Tallesty1(m): 11:32pm On Jul 30, 2015
You're messing up again

8 Likes

Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by spicy244(f): 11:37pm On Jul 30, 2015
Suspense write up or wot?...
OP been Messing up since. 1972

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 30, 2015
spicy244:
Suspense write up or wot?... OP been Messing up since. 1972
chk da FTC
Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 30, 2015
eluquenson:
Tell us how you messed up dude
Chk da FTC
Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 30, 2015
Tallesty1:
You're messing up again
CHK DA FTC...
Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by kennynelcon(m): 11:42pm On Jul 30, 2015
Your Uncle didn't flog you?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 30, 2015
kennynelcon:
Your Uncle didn't flog you?
Nah, why would he...
Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by Nobody: 1:21am On Jul 31, 2015
the op was thinking he's smart not knowing that employers won't want to employ someone with a divided attention.
lalasticlala you've gotta see this...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by Nobody: 1:22am On Jul 31, 2015
seun lalasticlala ishilove uboma davide470...
Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by Nobody: 4:39am On Jul 31, 2015
And what are you calling them for?...FP biko...if this thing dare got to FP;then I'm out of this forum...lolzzzzzz gringringringrin

papyrusmaniac:
seun lalasticlala ishilove uboma davide470...
Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by vivalavida(m): 5:33am On Jul 31, 2015
Buhari your uncle will give u a job. @least for carrying his matter on your head in nairaland. So dont bother niggie.

1 Like

Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by Nobody: 5:46am On Jul 31, 2015
One of the key things to nailing interviews is
To be completely careful of what you say. To think before you speak. To plan your speech ahead ie practice. To determine what you are not going to talk about.

3 Likes

Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by AnyibestDede(m): 6:24am On Jul 31, 2015
U problem is that u thought u are smart, i hope u hv learnt ur lesson? Next time u talk~less

4 Likes

Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by misterjosh(m): 6:28am On Jul 31, 2015
Pele
Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 31, 2015
vivalavida:
Buhari your uncle will give u a job. @least for carrying his matter on your head in nairaland. So dont bother niggie.

And what makes you think i support buhari here on NL...
Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 31, 2015
adeoti01:
And what are you calling them for?...FP biko...if this thing dare got to FP;then I'm out of this forum...lolzzzzzz gringringringrin

i'm calling them so that job hunters could learn that talking about their ambition during their interview could be detrimental to them. the op was thinking that should give him an edge over others but unknown to him he was indirectly telling them he won't have time for the job. others should be aware of this.

lalasticlala please do the needful, this might really help someone, and i think that's why the op shared this...

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 31, 2015
papyrusmaniac:

i'm calling them so that job hunters could learn that talking about their ambition during their interview could be detrimental to them. the op was thinking that should give him an edge over others but unknown to him he was indirectly telling them he won't have time for the job. others should be aware of this.

lalasticlala please do the needful, this might really help someone, and i think that's why the op shared this...
Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 31, 2015
AnyibestDede:
U problem is that u thought u are smart, i hope u hv learnt ur lesson? Next time u talk~less

I've learnt my lesson. Thanks...
Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 31, 2015
ok
Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by Karleb(m): 11:20am On Jul 31, 2015
That's what happens when you talk too much. Sorry op.

3 Likes

Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 31, 2015
[quote author=Dharniel post=36450948][/quote]
lalasticlala, ishilove, this might help someone...
Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 31, 2015
papyrusmaniac:

lalasticlala, ishilove, this might help someone...

it's definitely gonna help someone out there. i was in initially oblivious of how that might be but i've learnt my lesson at the cost of something i'm in dire need of...
Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by SaiBuharii: 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2015
All employers want to hear you will dedicate your life to them.
Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by admax(m): 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2015
Another tales by moonlight......
Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by holyokoto(m): 4:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
brb
Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by pharmow: 4:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
In as much as companies encourage their employees to develop themselves, there are some things you shouldn't reveal to them before getting an offer letter. Though you might have thought that they shouldn't find it a big deal that you will be going to school on weekends. But their presumption is that you going to class weekends after working Monday to Friday implies that you won't be vibrant and energetic after weekend of school activities. As a result you won't be able to perform up to 100% efficiency and no company wants to employ anyone that can't give up to 100%

3 Likes

Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by Afrocatalyst: 4:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
Hmmm. Job hunters take note.
Re: How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity by NotNairalandi(m): 4:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
I know you will mess up that's why I told you initially never in your life tell your employer about ur personal ambition if its not for the betterment of that organization!

Anyway! You have learnt your lesson.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? / 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. / "The First 5 Things Recruiters Check In Your Application" - Vineck.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.