Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise (41777 Views)

What Lucrative Business Can A Student Start With #50,000 / I Have Five Hundred Thousand Naira, 500,000, Please Advise Me On Business To Do / What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise by vanilla143: 5:08pm On Mar 17, 2009
what business can i start with 50,000, please advise me cos i want to start soonest
Re: What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise by ebizsols(m): 6:10pm On Mar 17, 2009
with N50.000 you can jolly well do a lot of business, but with global recession and the dollar hitting the roof tops, then N50,000 might not be a great amount after all.

However I will advise you go into online business, for example you can begin a web hosting reseller business, remember many businesses are going online these days and every body going online must need a web hosting account.
there are many Nigerian webhosts that you can to nairahost, abimco etc.

Other online biz could include blogging through which you can sell information products of your own or affilliate porducts of other merchants.

Your blog can be monetized with adsense and other pay per click programs.

there are many businesses you can do but the problem with many people is that they go in to biz 2day and want to make millions tomorrow , so avoid programs that promise that.

what ever you decide to the in the long run I wish you all the best, be careful dont get scammed

chinemeremz@yahoo.com
www.heyugents.com
Re: What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise by vanilla143: 9:48am On Mar 18, 2009
but i dont want to go into online business, i want something that i can venture into physically, please i want to start it soonest. ur candid opinion will be of great help to me. the court is opened for your opinion.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise by naijacutee(f): 9:52am On Mar 18, 2009
Usually, in business it is not always best to say "do this, that and the other and you with get money". That is the wrong place to start from. It would be more profitable to look around you and try and see what needs there are. What do people need, (not want) and how can you provide this? Are there any skills you have and you might be able to offer as a service? Is there anything that you're so good that that people will be willing to pay for? Is there a particular "thing" that you can get and you know people need? Can you offer your services as a go-between between people/organisations?

Lets start with your interests. What sort of things are you interested in?

3 Likes

Re: What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise by mrdollar1: 12:08pm On Mar 18, 2009
naijacutee:

. What do people need, (not want) ?

5 years ago I would have said the same thing
but I discovered that you should sell want not
need.

i.e What do people want (not need) ?

For example, 2 student just graduated from secondary school,let say
you are selling 2 product as listed below.

1. how to get a visa to travel to USA in less than 10 days from now

2. how to pass jamb exam

which one do you think they will choose ?

of course they NEED to pass jamb to be admitted into a university but

The two student will definitely pick number one because they WANT to
travel to USA because of the opportunities available to them there

so when you decide to start a business ask yourself this question

WHAT DO PEOPLE WANT

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise by naijacutee(f): 12:24pm On Mar 20, 2009
mr dollar:

5 years ago I would have said the same thing
but I discovered that you should sell want not
need.

i.e What do people want (not need) ?

For example, 2 student just graduated from secondary school,let say
you are selling 2 product as listed below.

1. how to get a visa to travel to USA in less than 10 days from now

2. how to pass jamb exam

which one do you think they will choose ?

of course they NEED to pass jamb to be admitted into a university but

The two student will definitely pick number one because they WANT to
travel to USA because of the opportunities available to them there

so when you decide to start a business ask yourself this question

WHAT DO PEOPLE WANT

If we are to take both cases and explore further, you'll see that there are various levels of needs. If we introduce a more "urgent" need into the equation i.e

3. Food to satisfy your hunger now-now

Which do you think they'll pick?

Re: What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise by CHARLOE(m): 10:53am On Mar 24, 2009
i recomend the biz i do: digital fotografy and plastic id cards. its interesting and very rewarding . contact me on- digipix studio, daniel's plaza, 11 thomas salako str, off ijaiye rd, ogba, lagos. 08030822276.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise by vanilla143: 5:27pm On Mar 24, 2009
charloe, thank you for ur advise, how do i go about it, cant u mail me or better still send ur reply thru dis means, here is my e-mail address, itsmyworld2come2@yahoo.com, thanks for ur suggestion, better still if u still c any oda thing i can venture into, i will appreciate it, thanks.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise by Em2va: 9:55am On Mar 25, 2009
The best thing is to see how that money can be invested and raised a little higher, because I do not see a viable business U can do for that amount except pure water business or newspaper vendor or recharge card sales or the likes of these.
First start small with something you know you can pursue with all vigour and zeal, to later stand tall.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise by edmund2009: 1:28pm On Mar 25, 2009
tanx 4 ur desire.the 1st in buz is passion.ask urself what is my passion.thans ur have 50k.be determined als and work hard. list 10 buzs and prayerfully choose one u will succeed.but if u insist i tell u, i will advise u to go into book buz if ur are in d city.that is what i do after carrying cv about 4 sometime as a graduate.i will show u 100 places u will buy books in wholesale and reveal to secrets of marketing them. guee what i started with passion and determination plus less than 6 thousand cash in 2007 august 26 .i live in a flat today and have a daughter and some brothers i carter 4.my contact is 08032322261. i live in akure in ondo state.cheers.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise by chremote(m): 6:39pm On Mar 25, 2009
You could contact Christian at Afriscope Limited, they have a channel dealers program going on now. Their website www.afriscope.org
Re: What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise by NaijaDude(m): 4:24pm On Apr 02, 2009
The first question here should be : what do l know/have a skill/profession ; it will make it a lot easier . But even without skills you can start out online - as a internet enterpreneur .
Re: What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise by alldone(m): 1:13am On May 04, 2009
To start a business:
1. look inside and see how you can fill a need or solve a problem. The cab guy in transport section is solving a problem by transporting people from point A to B
2. Look around your hobby, passion etc and see what you can offer.
3. consider your resources

hey whether online or offline when you have focus and a good business plan you will make it. it is a matter of time.

Some young graduate that i know just bought popcorn machine. They are planning to takeover the schools in their neighbourhood with time.

i have even offer to give them some professional marketing consulting.

Have business plan before going into any business.
i love online business because you can start with less than 50k.
Do you know you can buy product with resell right for 3-6k and sell for profit just like buying a car and selling it the only difference is that this is digital which means more gain for you.

All the best.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise by pirobaba(m): 5:43pm On May 04, 2009
vanilla143:

[s]but i dont want to go into online business[/s], i want something that i can venture into physically, please i want to start it soonest. ur candid opinion will be of great help to me. the court is opened for your opinion.

Vanilla143, if you are really serious about the topic you raise and what you mentioned in the above inserted quote then i am here to help you. Although you may not be able to pay my charges sequel to my multinational clients but for the sake of this forum i will give you the ideas for 'almost' FREE. [b]

[s]i am not going to give you an email or number to reach me for payment or to hear your voice as most others do. I am good,[/s] and i am a success at what i teach! just do a search on alabiforum.com with the name peter lawson and you will see the over 20 business ideas that i mentioned there which are not perculiar to online. But also, i have within my resources over 150 business you can do part-time/full-time and still make tremendous 'profits' from them, there ain't online.

Incase, you wish to know me before reaching out just ckick on,  www.[b]start[/b]your[b]miracle[/b]business.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise by LagBlogger(m): 3:51am On Sep 06, 2011
Well Poster I don't know your kind of person but perhaps these ideas are not bad;

1. Become a honey dealer
2. How about reselling GSM accessories (Batteries, Casings, Holders etc)
3. Cold drinks (Soft drinks, Bottled water etc)
4. Selling Suits is another option
5. Selling Shoes, Bags etc

Or if you are tech savvy you could try;

1. Blogging
2. Affiliate marketing etc
Re: What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise by xsammyx: 8:46am On Sep 06, 2011
i like ur question very good question the best thing u need now is knowledge forget about the money go and abandone it in bank its not how far its how well plz am begging u go and buy this book if u cant afford to buy it call me i will give u mine "Rich dad guild to investing wat the rich invest in that the poor and the middle class do not" ma friend lost almost 500.000 before reading that book he cried after reading it because found all his mistakes in it he loses money in the last reccesion and alot business is not a product its a skill game and u need financial literacy to play it u can do any business wit financial literacy business knowledge is all u need now or else u will loose all the money eventually ma friend blames me today for not warning him but then he was too big to listen to advice especially from his poor friend here is ma number 07055864631 am willing to help u and anybody else
Re: What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise by LagBlogger(m): 10:37pm On Sep 06, 2011
Really Xsammyx

You shouldn't be selling such a book for a token amount if you have read and used it yourself
Re: What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise by peterpot: 11:28pm On Sep 07, 2011
Vanilla, I understand your fear about online business. However, check the global economy today, the most profitable organisations in the past couple of years have been those in IT/Internet biz.
I have a very cool suggestion for you. The total start up is not even up to what you have. Its bulk sms biz. Check sms portal creator . com
Re: What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise by jagauarvib: 5:38am On Nov 05, 2011
Hi, i know about an online business which can be easily start with the mony you have, i hope you would be having internet connection, so please take interest on this kind of business. i know an online business called Domain name reselling . for this you need to get an domain reselling account from any domain reseller like Goresellers.com
After getting this account you can start selling the domains and can earn a good some of money,
Re: What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise by wabagric(m): 10:51am On Nov 05, 2011
the best bussines you can do that can give peace of mind in this country is to invest in Ariculture.invest your money on casava and maize farming,i bet you you will make your 200% profit from if.if you are layman on farming just bros my blog on wabagric.com(investment opportunity in cassava)wabagric..com
Re: What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise by Thethy(m): 3:55pm On Nov 15, 2011
Grasscutter farming on small scale,for more detail talk to us @ THE THY SNAIL & GRASSCUTTER FARMS, Tel: 08023050835 , 07033632285.

Re: What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise by LagBlogger(m): 5:03am On Nov 29, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Facts About Dud Cheque / How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa / How To Make Constant Winning Bet Using "Duoble Chance" Market.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.