Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Will I Be Reward For Listening To Quran Without Understanding The Meanings? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Will I Be Reward For Listening To Quran Without Understanding The Meanings? (1123 Views)

Understanding The Verse Of "Beating One's Wife" / Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! / Understanding The Hajj Stampede (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Will I Be Reward For Listening To Quran Without Understanding The Meanings? by Kassidy90(m): 6:46am On Jul 31, 2015
Will a person (a believer) be rewarded if he listens to the Qur’aan without understanding what he is listening to, but he knows that it is Qur’aan? Or will he not be rewarded unless he understands what he is hearing?
Thanks
Re: Will I Be Reward For Listening To Quran Without Understanding The Meanings? by dominique(f): 7:17am On Jul 31, 2015
Of course there's a greater reward if you recite or listen to the Qur'an in it's original language. Everything done in remembrance of Allah gives you a reward here and in the hereafter.

Most times I want to listen to the beautiful voices that recite the Qur'an even if I don't understand all what they're saying. And if want to reflect on the words of Allah, I read the English Qur'an. How I wish I had gone to Arabic school as a child embarassed sad

May Allah accept our Ibaadah.

2 Likes

Re: Will I Be Reward For Listening To Quran Without Understanding The Meanings? by Ozize(m): 9:23pm On Aug 02, 2015
Kassidy90:
Will a person (a believer) be rewarded if he listens to the Qur’aan without understanding what he is listening to, but he knows that it is Qur’aan? Or will he not be rewarded unless he understands what he is hearing?
Thanks
the truth is that there is no such thing as numeric rewards for reciting the Quran, its all gotten from narrations attributed to the prophet(hadiths) smiley

(1) (Reply)

A Nail To The Shia Coffin!!! (a Must Read) / Algerians Eat Lunch In Ramadan Protest / Dawkins Surprised Fans And Critics When He Admitted He Had Not Read The Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.