Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,892 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. (31276 Views)

"Don't Ever Take No For An Answer" - Pretty Lady Says After Getting A Job.Photos / Does N.Power Stop Someone From Getting Other Federal Jobs? / Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 31, 2015
Ever since my university days, I had always been a fan of blackberry. What I recently found out about my beloved blackberry surprised me and has since left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I have recently applied for a host of jobs, getting invited for tests in some and never getting an invite in some. In my quest to know why I haven't been invited to write some tests, I started seeing a pattern.

Anytime I apply to jobs using recruitment portals such as taleo, I always get shortlisted. Anytime I apply for a job by sending my CV to a mail address, I never get an invite for a test.

I decided to do a little experiment. I opened a yahoo mail account and sent a mail from my BlackBerry HUB to the yahoo mail and it ended up in spam. I tried the same using mail addresses of people I had never exchanged mails with and all the mails ended up in their spam folder.

The problem I later got to find out is a bug that comes with BB10 devices. Using the blackberry HUB to send mails will most likely end your mail in the junk folder.

I decided to open this thread to enlighten other job seekers who unknowingly have been victims of their own phone.

Attached are screenshots of people's experiences I got off the web.

43 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Tbillz(m): 6:54am On Jul 31, 2015
Every criteria is been Used in recent days as employment yardstick. I pity future generations, their virginity will be a criteria.

36 Likes

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by modupewealth: 7:30am On Jul 31, 2015
@ Op,u are so on point.i observed it 2

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by misterkay(m): 7:37am On Jul 31, 2015
Interesting
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 31, 2015
modupewealth:
@ Op,u are so on point.i observed it 2

My major regret is why it took me so long to figure out. I have lots of jobs I've applied to already using that medium.

5 Likes

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Luyeanka(f): 7:53am On Jul 31, 2015
Na wa o
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by karleone(m): 7:58am On Jul 31, 2015
@OP, it's not a general Blackberry problem. It only occurs in those with dual OS (Blackberry-Android) like Q10, Z10, Z30 and d likes.
I send my mails with my Bold5 and it goes straight to the recipient's inbox. Just tried it now with my other email address and it went peacefully.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by NifemiOlu(m): 8:00am On Jul 31, 2015
I send emails daily from my Z10 and get instant replies. I got my latest job via email I sent. I don't really know what you are saying here o. Maybe some of these BlackBerry 10 devices have been tampered with or something but my own Z10 works perfectly and delivers emails into inbox not spam folders.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 31, 2015
karleone:
@OP, it's not a general Blackberry problem. It only occurs in those with dual OS (Blackberry-Android) like Q10, Z10, Z30 and d likes.
I send my mails with my Bold5 and it goes straight to the recipient's inbox. Just tried it now with my other email address and it went peacefully.

Yes, I was referring to BB10 devices
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 31, 2015
NifemiOlu:
I send emails daily from my Z10 and get instant replies. I got my latest job via email I sent. I don't really know what you are saying here o. Maybe some of these BlackBerry 10 devices have been tampered with or something but my own Z10 works perfectly and delivers emails into inbox not spam folders.

I'm very sure you didn't send those mails from your hub.

Just to confirm what you said, Can you please send a mail using your blackberry hub to engrlandlord@yahoo.com.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by NifemiOlu(m): 8:07am On Jul 31, 2015
rationalmind:

I'm very sure you didn't send those mails from your hub.

Just to confirm what you said, Can you please send a mail using your blackberry hub to engrlandlord@yahoo.com.

Sent.
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 31, 2015
NifemiOlu:

Sent.

You were right. I found it in my inbox.

However, when I used my hub to mail same address, I found it in spam. undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 31, 2015
But I have sent mails using my hub aand it delivered! Now I'm confused whether all my job applications were delivered. undecided undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by NifemiOlu(m): 8:20am On Jul 31, 2015
rationalmind:

You were right. I found it in my inbox.

However, when I used my hub to mail same address, I found it in spam. undecided

Z10 is very complicated. Check some settings.
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by reaky(m): 9:53am On Jul 31, 2015
Could be a bug from a specific os version

Since my relationship with bb10 plus my efforts
to update my os to latest version
I have never experienced such tongue

5 Likes

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by iphanyiuma(m): 10:23am On Jul 31, 2015
undecided
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 31, 2015
grin
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by butanepro(m): 10:23am On Jul 31, 2015
Just like the OP
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 31, 2015
Hehehe

1 Like

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by ijbeauty(f): 10:24am On Jul 31, 2015
Alright... Thanks for the info
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by steffans(m): 10:24am On Jul 31, 2015
I dont use Blackberry again...

But i dont think dis is entirely true..

because i receive mails thru BB10 and the older versions..
and my wife send mails to different people including organizations and they get it.

angry angry angry

5 Likes

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by lonelydora: 10:25am On Jul 31, 2015
But wait oooo, are people still using BlackBerry? When Androids and Iphones full everywhere.

1 Like

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by alphaStoner(m): 10:25am On Jul 31, 2015
Lol funny thread *walks out*
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by mrlaw93(m): 10:25am On Jul 31, 2015
Blackberry! killing people since 1920 A.D. I remember a guy who walked into a well while pinging on the road. You dnt need to say picture or it never happened, i cn giv u his pin, cos till 2day he still pings in heaven. grin

www.lawizzygotswag..com

9 Likes

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by bqlekan(m): 10:25am On Jul 31, 2015
thanks for the info. never a fan of blackberry from inception
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 31, 2015
Oh

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Viktor1983(m): 10:27am On Jul 31, 2015
story
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 31, 2015
Nice info for bb users.

www.aftasms.com
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by SAIBUHAR1(m): 10:27am On Jul 31, 2015
Purchased
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by deadZONE: 10:28am On Jul 31, 2015
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

i use my z10 to send official e-mails etc.... and i have never experience such.

Please avoid spreading such wrong info about a multi-global company.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? / N-power Batch C: Deployment List Sent To All 36 States / NPOWER- I Just Got A Congratulations Text Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.