Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,759 members, 7,798,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Naira Rises Against Dollar - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Rises Against Dollar (27978 Views)

NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ / Naira Appreciates Against Dollar / Naira Rises To 217 Against Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by san316(m): 7:34am On Jul 31, 2015
wailers.com. come and see oooo. pmb has done it again.

with what i just read up there, the naira will still improve as time goes on.

When the naira was falling in the parallel market, the chief wailer said it is PMB's incompetence. Now that it is rising, they are saying it is Emiefele. One thing with wailing is that, when the tears from wailing covers your eyes you become a political analyst, an economic expert and a human rights activist. Even though all you say ends up being wrong.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by Dosinspector(m): 7:34am On Jul 31, 2015
APC and lies are synonymous
Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by HungerBAD: 7:34am On Jul 31, 2015
Buhari is working.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by Titto93(m): 7:34am On Jul 31, 2015
k
Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 31, 2015
Rilwayne001:
We'll surely get there.

Haterz should continue hating.
You'll never see people like barcanista, temitemi1, mogidi etc here
Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by whizbee(m): 7:35am On Jul 31, 2015
I smell importers happiness already

1 Like

Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by kotv: 7:36am On Jul 31, 2015
In fact, the source, a bureau de change (BDC) operator, disclosed that banks have stopped accepting dollars because they have too much cash in their vaults.

According to the source, as a result of the development, banks have been rejecting dollar deposits into domiciliary accounts, but customers are allowed to withdraw cash from their accounts.

“The reason the banks have too much cash is due to speculation and money laundering. A lot of people have been speculating against the naira and amassed so much cash. Then there are those who have been amassing dollars obtained illicitly and want to launder the money,

So bank vaults are awash with dollars, largely driven by speculation and money laundering. The banks made it very clear that they want to get rid of the dollars in the system, so if you want to withdraw you can, but you cannot pay in dollars into your domiciliary account,” the source explained.

I stopped reading after this.what sort of nonsense lie is this?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by jay2pee(m): 7:36am On Jul 31, 2015
maybe it will be during our great grand children era that the #1 to $1 will be actualized
Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by tosmartak(m): 7:37am On Jul 31, 2015
Good development. Still looking forward to $1 - #1 though.
Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by NoRetreat(m): 7:37am On Jul 31, 2015
Thank God. Its getting better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by sigiyaya(m): 7:37am On Jul 31, 2015
Can't see any improvement, from 197 naira to 230 naira later to 245 naira and now to 225 naira /230 naira after the campaign promises of 1 dollar equal to 1 naira. I begin to wonder why the Mugu above me is thanking God grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by kennyman2000(m): 7:37am On Jul 31, 2015
Good one!

1 Like

Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 31, 2015
kotv:

If it is good news it is lie abi?

I was wrong, devil isn't man's enemy, Tanoids are!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by nunzk: 7:39am On Jul 31, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by kotv: 7:40am On Jul 31, 2015
MuhdG:

If it is good news it is lie abi?

I was wrong, devil isn't man's enemy, Tanoids are!

If what I showed actually made sense to you and fall as truth to you then I can see why you people were easily scammed by Daura President

good news is rejoiced when it's the truth, not propaganda.
Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by DrayZee: 7:40am On Jul 31, 2015
Sharap your mouth. Wetin concern Buhari with this one now. Everything occured due to speculation that naira would fall, so why attribute this to Buhari
Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by StOla: 7:40am On Jul 31, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

It is actually the cbn policies, though with the approval of the president. In the absence of finance minister and economic team, Emefiele has come to the rescue

But the same Emefiele was at the helm when it was $1 to N165. Now we are struggling to bring it down from N240 to N230.

So if Emefiele oversaw the terrible fall, remind me again what part is the rescue?

1 Like

Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by symbianDON(m): 7:40am On Jul 31, 2015
hassan85:
The sentements in the southern part of ds country is Realy harsh. Even if dollor becomes equal to a naira, sadists still wont accept to any good in the govt. Barcanista, olisah metuh, all sprewing rubbish. Good news, PMB is reading everything you guys are posting but listening to only reasonable comments.
you call it sentiments, I call it s..tu.pid.ity

1 Like

Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by nunzk: 7:41am On Jul 31, 2015
It means u are not following the market trend. Try update ur self.
kotv:

Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 31, 2015
kotv:

If what I showed actually made sense to you and fall as truth to you then I can see why you people were easily scammed by Daura President
Stupidity can't stand toe to toe with you guys. Una case pass man capability to cure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by mrkings84(m): 7:41am On Jul 31, 2015
So what happens to my dollars

Meanwhile, DO YOU KNOW YOU CAN BECOME AN EXTRAORDINARY MILLIONAIRE TOMORROW JUST BY JOINING ALLIANCE IN MOTION GLOBAL TODAY?? In AIM GLOBAL, people from all works of life are making it big with this mind blowing networking company. Pls don't say u were not told!! For more info call or WhatsApp 08034704620. BBM Pin 562006D1
Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by redcap: 7:42am On Jul 31, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

It is actually the cbn policies, though with the approval of the president. In the absence of finance minister and economic team, Emefiele has come to the rescue

Cbn is independent,doesn't need approval of president to effect its policies.

1 Like

Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by seedorfg(m): 7:43am On Jul 31, 2015
Lienus

undecided
Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 31, 2015
Good
Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by wristbangle: 7:44am On Jul 31, 2015
Little by little

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by Burger01(m): 7:44am On Jul 31, 2015
sammyj:
SAI PMB. Wailing wailers can go and hug transformer if they are not happy with this news! !!
They can't be happy with news like this smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 31, 2015
Nice one
Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 31, 2015
nunzk:
Wow! Now I'm impressed and 've hope again.
We all have hope again bro. True Nigerians will be happy with development. And we will stick together and support him. And only make meaningful criticizing. Lets not mind this immigrants called 'Tanoids' that are claiming Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by Ese00(f): 7:46am On Jul 31, 2015
Is this what should be celebrated? We want results $1 should equal N1. That was thee outrageous promise made. Until then don't talk about currency drop or rise. The man said it like he will stabilize it in minutes. Rubbish
Re: Naira Rises Against Dollar by Mobsync(m): 7:46am On Jul 31, 2015
tucky200:

The wailing wailers !!
There is nothing buhari will do that will satisfy u guys......just keep wailing till 2019

What am I saying and what are you saying? Who are you calling wailing wailers? Please and please, if you're too immature to comprehend issues and/or view them from a discreet angle without adding politics, religion of tribe to it, then you have a problem; a big one.

Don't ever quote me on political matters again. I'm neither for GEJ nor Buhari.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reps Ask EFCC, ICPC To Arrest Mike Adenuga / 8 Mistakes I Made Starting An Online Business In Nigeria That You Should Avoid! / Visa Virtual Card | Fund In Naira | Pay Online Securely |

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.