Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. (6574 Views)

"Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story / The Miracles That Proved Yahshua Was Sent By God Cannot Authenticate Christians. / "God Cannot Be Tempted. Jesus Was Tempted. Therefore, Jesus Cannot Be God". How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by plaetton: 9:32pm On Aug 01, 2015
aweda141:
because he is criticizing the most high God the omnipotent Jehovah

And you have just shown yourself to be an omni - slowpoke.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by Eddlad: 9:37pm On Aug 01, 2015
Dapo777:

So eddlad over to you, if God in the bible could be performing suçh magnificent miracles, why is restoring amputees limbs such a difficult task for God, or why is God turning his back on amputees? Why does he seem to hate amputees? undecided

Perhaps he doesn't exist. kiss

Such magnificent miracles are being performed in this generation too, the spirit, heart, and mindset of those who saw and recorded it in that generation is in those who are seeing it today, very simple.
Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by aweda141(m): 9:38pm On Aug 01, 2015
Dapo777:

It's just like you saying , someone lacks point merely because he is criticizing President buhari, does that make sense to u? undecided
rubbish comparing God to his creature (buhari)
Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by plaetton: 9:43pm On Aug 01, 2015
Dapo777:

So eddlad over to you, if God in the bible could be performing suçh magnificent miracles, why is restoring amputees limbs such a difficult task for God, or why is God turning his back on amputees? Why does he seem to hate amputees? undecided

Perhaps he doesn't exist. kiss
C'mon.

When reading the bible, didn't it astonish you tht yahweh commanded that lepers be cast out in colonies, as unclean, rather than curing or even suggesting a cure for leprosy?

It took humans another couple of thousand years to find a permanent cure for world wide leprosy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by MuttleyLaff: 10:38pm On Aug 01, 2015
BabaGnoni:
There is no satisfying you lot angry angry angry grin

By the way, it is wrong to seek only what God can do (e.g. grow back amputated limbs)

and not seek God Himself or be truly interested in Him at all

Just this bit, short, calling y'all: evil and godless people of this day, asking for a miracle as a sign

Bet y'all are part of the lot that were waiting to sprout wings before the prospect of flying in air

God has already done His bit of depositing in us, the skills and possibility of growing back amputated limbs

He is waiting on us, to activate the & that part of the brain which will trigger or kick-start growing back amputated limbs now or in a future event.

Maybe that person holding back and holding the miracle up for everyone else is YOU!

Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs?
https://www.nairaland.com/1575662/it-impossible-god-grow-back#20600275

BabaGnoni:
Reiterating growing back amputated limbs is one such miracle you wont get at the pulpit or from crusades

Just as flying in the air as we do now, did not originate from the pulpit nor come from crusades, revivals or what-not

God is not in the business of directly or personally growing back amputated limbs at the pulpit
, from crusades, revivals or what-not.

Still wondering why God would hold back that one miracle (i.e. grow back amputated limbs?)

Well, it is because He is abiding by His word or rules, one of which is:
Let them, man; have dominion, take dominion over the earth; dominion as in control et cetera

Achieving this miracle and others (e.g. growing back amputated limbs, growing back any or all of the 32 adult permanent teeth et cetera) is going to be realised via people (i.e. man) in the medical field, sector or arena

Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs?
https://www.nairaland.com/1575662/it-impossible-god-grow-back#20605227

BabaGnoni:
48But Jesus said to him, "Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?"
49When those who were around Him saw what was going to happen, they said, "Lord, shall we strike with the sword?

50And one of them struck the slave of the high priest and cut off his right ear.
51But Jesus answered and said,
"Stop! No more of this."
And He touched his ear and healed him
- Luke 22:48-51

Note in Luke 22:51 Jesus did not regrow that severed ear but rather He re-attached it back.
Jesus on a separate occasion spit on the eyes of one man to heal him
Jesus on a another occasion spit on the ground and mixed the spit with dirt, then smeared the dirt on another man's eyes to heal him

- Spontaneity. No formula. He simply just did it, for being God that He is.
- Wow, Jesus spitting and mixing dirt, am sure, He was re-living the "creating Adam, in Eden" experience,

Of course, who wouldnt want their children to surpass or excel more than they did, and it is happening, only that people are expectant and looking for all, some or certain miracles in wrong places

As always, some miracles will be at pulpit (e.g. cancer healed, liver regrow, headache gone etc), other miracles (e.g. reattach limbs, regrow body parts etc) will happen legitimately elsewhere (e.g. medically etc)
- the thing is everything is bounded by rules. God can bypass the rule, He is allowed but we have to wrought out miracles within the confines of the rules

Perform these miracles according to the rules, else, whatever miracles are wrought will be as demonic Pharaoh's wise men snakes

So, essentially, I was merely keeping track of the progress and updates that the miracles are slowly but surely showing up
What is happening now, 2000 years later, are miracles
(i.e. growing organs note not reattaching organs) never done/performed before

Aw c'mon now, when crying, tears doesn't impair ones vision now, (i.e. ti a ba nsunkun, a ma riran)
We all grown and should've been taken off milk long time, and already be, by now cutting our teeth, gnawing meat

Also it was once advised, to research into Greek Aorist participles to understand and know the implications, meaning, prophetic, fulfil etc of John 14:12, Mark 16:18, Acts 28:5 etc
- The NT was originally written in Greek na, why doesn't anyone want to read on "Greek Aorist Tenses" to understand and know about the grammar and constructs in the Greek texts

nuwell my foot's taken off the pedal, the boat's steady and no more rocking it

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents
https://www.nairaland.com/1790500/word-faith-movements-doctrine-proponents/25#27181149
Dapo777 to put it politely, no one is taking this thread seriously
and to save you wondering why, it's because it's a ''beating-a-dead-donkey'' thread
Johnny-Come-Lately thread after the music stopped playing and well after the party's over

The thread has no current value,
that is why apart from TDonald, thorpido, kay1one2, Eddlad, Hiploko and Anas09, folks are scarce commenting on the thread

Anas09 is right in hinting that someone's still rocking the clueless helmet put on before uploading this thread
and punching above their weight.

Must admit you're having a great ball and in good company of menesheh, krattoss, joe4christ, plaetton, Weah96 and johnydon22
Break a leg!

1 Like

Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by Weah96: 11:09pm On Aug 01, 2015
Eddlad:

There were still doubters and unbelievers prying helplessly, striving with all their might not to see what was happening right before their eyes, they are no different than this generation.

Your questions are predictable but commendable nonetheless, I can only hope you sincerely find God for yourself if your quest is true and sincere.

Restore sight to Stevie Wonder or regenerate the limb of an amputee, and then leave me with the choice to make. That's how it was done in the scriptures. The scriptures do not agree with reality, as they should.

7 Likes

Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by Weah96: 11:12pm On Aug 01, 2015
Eddlad:

Such magnificent miracles are being performed in this generation too, the spirit, heart, and mindset of those who saw and recorded it in that generation is in those who are seeing it today, very simple.

This is not how things were done in the bible. The apostles were accompanied by wonders and signs in their time.

Lip service was not entertained.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by plaetton: 11:23pm On Aug 01, 2015
Eddlad:

Bullshyte.

Magnificent Bullshytes are being paraded I this generation by the present generation of evangelical fraudsters.

I hope you are not aiding and abbeting fraud on your fellow churchtians.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by Eddlad: 9:05am On Aug 02, 2015
plaetton:

Bullshyte.

Magnificent Bullshytes are being paraded I this generation by the present generation of evangelical fraudsters.

I hope you are not aiding and abbeting fraud on your fellow churchtians.

So you noticed? Then you might want to know the bible warned us beforehand,"watch out for false prophets.They come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly they are ferocious wolves",it wears out the likes of you lest you find the truth but strengthens the faith of those who see scripture been fulfilled.

Nonetheless if you pursue the truth 1/10 diligently as you pursue falsehood you shall find.
Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by dalaman: 9:24am On Aug 02, 2015
Eddlad:

So you noticed? Then you might want to know the bible warned us beforehand,"watch out for false prophets.They come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly they are ferocious wolves",it wears out the likes of you lest you find the true and strengths the faith of those who see scripture been fulfilled.

Nonetheless if you pursue the truth 1/10 diligently as you pursue falsehood you shall find.

Which truths are you talking about? Jesus himself was a false prophet according to somebody. Muslims belief his sonship was false, the Jews see him as a liar and a false prophet. You were indoctrinated to believe that he was the son of God, so which truth are you talking about? Your truth is subjective because it is a lie to another person.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by Eddlad: 9:29am On Aug 02, 2015
Weah96:

This is not how things were done in the bible. The apostles were accompanied by wonders and signs in their time.

Lip service was not entertained.

Jesus walked and performed miracles in full glare in his generation, he was doubted, treated with disdain and hunged on the cross,funny enough centuries later some are still awaiting the saviour.

I don't doubt the heavy prevalence of false miracles but if you let that wear you out or inform your decision then your quest for the truth will be a short and fruitless endeavour.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by Eddlad: 9:47am On Aug 02, 2015
dalaman:

Which truths are you talking about? Jesus himself was a false prophet according to somebody. Muslims belief his sonship was false, the Jews see him as a liar and a false prophet. You were indoctrinated to believe that he was the son of God, so which truth are you talking about? Your truth is subjective because it is a lie to another person.

Before, I only believed but now I know him for myself and that is why I can testify inspite of reproach.
Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by dalaman: 9:51am On Aug 02, 2015
Eddlad:

Before, I only believed but now I know him for myself and that is why I can testify inspite of reproach.

Sure, because he exist in your imaginations. What better way to know something.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by Eddlad: 10:47am On Aug 02, 2015
dalaman:

Sure, because he exist in your imaginations. What better way to know something.

Your saying this changes nothing at all, but am sure you already knew that.
Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 10, 2015
doctors can even rea-attach a decapitated head

some ppl will b busy saying that God creates. the last time I checked, all manufacturers were capable of repairing whateva they produce.

globalnews.ca/news/2266351/australian-babys-head-reattached-to-severed-spinal-cord-in-miracle-surgery/
Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by paulGrundy(m): 4:30pm On Oct 10, 2015
Dapo777:
Heyaaa, everyday I get more convinced that we are God ourselves. wink
Surgeons at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) joined with colleagues from Penn Medicine recently to complete the world's first bilateral hand transplant on a child. Earlier this month, the surgical team successfully transplanted donor hands and forearms onto eight-year-old Zion Harvey who, several years earlier, had undergone amputation of his hands and feet and a kidney transplant following a serious infection.

Led by L. Scott Levin, M.D., FACS*, Chairman of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Penn Medicine, Director of the Hand Transplantation Program at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, and Professor of Surgery (Division of Plastic Surgery) at the Perelman School of Medicine at The University of Pennsylvania, a 40-member multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses and other staff from plastic and reconstructive surgery, orthopaedic surgery, anesthesiology, and radiology, participated in the operation. Attending surgeons from CHOP and from Penn Medicine, along with Scott H. Kozin, M.D.***, chief of staff for Shriners Hospitals for Children--Philadelphia, collaborated during the 10-hour surgical transplantation.

"This surgery was the result of years of training, followed by months of planning and preparation by a remarkable team," said Levin. "The success of Penn's first bilateral hand transplant on an adult, performed in 2011, gave us a foundation to adapt the intricate techniques and coordinated plans required to perform this type of complex procedure on a child. CHOP is one of the few places in the world that offer the capabilities necessary to push the limits of medicine to give a child a drastically improved quality of life."

"This extraordinary accomplishment highlights the world-class abilities of the physicians, nurses, therapists and other staff who are privileged to serve our patients and their families with skill and dedication," said Madeline Bell, president and chief executive officer of The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. "I'm especially grateful to Zion's family who entrusted him to our care."

"The ability to plan and carry out this type of surgery is testament to the skill, expertise, surgical innovation, and passion for excellence available here at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia," said N. Scott Adzick, M.D., CHOP's surgeon-in-chief. "I am extremely proud of Dr. Levin and his team for their courage, dedication and expertise, and appreciative to Zion and his family, whose bravery and trust in this clinical team is truly inspiring."

Zion was initially referred to Shriners Hospitals for Children for their expertise in pediatric orthopaedic care, including surgery and rehabilitation. Through a coordinated effort between Shriners Hospitals for Children and CHOP, Zion was evaluated as a possible recipient of the first pediatric hand transplant. "The collaborative effort between these institutions was necessary to assemble the team and organize the players to orchestrate such a complex and demanding procedure that had never been performed on a child." stated Scott H. Kozin, M.D., chief of staff for Shriners Hospitals for Children--Philadelphia.

Before the surgery could be conducted, it was first necessary to locate a suitable donor, a function coordinated by Gift of Life Donor Program, the nonprofit organ and tissue donor program which serves the eastern half of Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey and Delaware. "For 41 years, Gift of Life Donor Program has partnered with transplant centers throughout this region to bring innovative transplant procedures to patients in need," stated Richard Hasz, vice president of Clinical Services for Gift of Life. "As with all types of transplant, surgeries such as this one could not take place without the generosity of a donor and a donor family. We thank them for their selflessness and for their gift that made this surgery possible."

"The skills necessary to perform such complex surgery at CHOP have been acquired from lessons learned over the past 20-plus years of performing pediatric solid organ transplantation," said Abraham Shaked, M.D., Ph.D., the Eldridge L. Eliason Professor of Surgery and Director, Penn Transplant Institute. "We have learned the importance of closely monitoring and managing the activity of the immune system through years of experience, and are hopeful that Zion will enjoy excellent long-term allograft function and a normal life."

Zion Harvey is a bright and precocious eight-year-old who has told his doctors that he cannot wait to someday throw a football. A happy and outgoing child, he has adapted well to life without hands, learning to eat, write and even play video games. He figured out ways to perform most of the activities other kids his age can do. Zion received prosthetics for his feet and is able to walk, run and jump with complete independence. Following his latest surgery and after his upcoming rehabilitation, it is expected that Zion will finally get his wish to throw a football along with a myriad of other accomplishments to come.

Double hand transplantation is a complex procedure involving many surgical and non-surgical components. First, the potential recipient must undergo extensive medical screenings and evaluations before surgery. In this case, the patient's previous medical condition, following sepsis at an early age, factored into the decision to perform the transplant. "Zion's kidney transplant following his infection made him a candidate for transplant because he was already taking anti-rejection medication," said Benjamin Chang, M.D.**, co-director of CHOP's Hand Transplant Program as well as associate chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery at Penn Medicine.

During the surgery, the hands and forearms from the donor were attached by connecting bone, blood vessels, nerves, muscles, tendons and skin. The surgical team was divided into four simultaneous operating teams, two focused on the donor limbs, and two focused on the recipient. First, the forearm bones, the radius and ulna, were connected with steel plates and screws. Next, microvascular surgical techniques were used to connect the arteries and veins. Once blood flow was established through the reconnected blood vessels, surgeons individually repaired and rejoined each muscle and tendon. Surgeons then reattached nerves and then closed the surgical sites.

Zion continues to receive daily immunosuppressant medications to prevent his body from rejecting the new limbs, as well as his transplanted kidney. Zion is being cared for by CHOP's nephrology and kidney transplant team, as well as his hand transplant surgical team. Post surgery, he spent a week in CHOP's Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, then was moved to a medical unit and eventually moved to an inpatient rehabilitation unit where he undergoes rigorous hand therapy several times per day, an essential step to gaining improvement in function.

The clinical team expects Zion to spend several more weeks in CHOP's rehabilitation unit, and then to be discharged to his home in Baltimore, Md. Dr. Levin and his team will continue to follow Zion monthly in the short-term and then annually throughout his lifetime.

* L. Scott Levin, M.D., FACS, holds several medical posts. He is Director of the Hand Transplantation Program at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia; Chairman of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Penn Medicine; The Paul B. Magnuson Professor of Bone and Joint Surgery at Penn; and Professor of Surgery (Division of Plastic Surgery) at the Perelman School of Medicine at The University of Pennsylvania.

**Dr. Benjamin Chang, M.D., is co-director of CHOP's Hand Transplantation Program; associate chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery at Penn Medicine; and associate professor of Clinical Surgery at the Perelman School of Medicine at The University of Pennsylvania.

***Scott H. Kozin, M.D., is chief of staff for Shriners Hospitals for Children and clinical professor of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Temple University School of Medicine.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/07/150728162422.htm

Who told you?? ??

Just because you haven't seen one doesn't mean God hasn't done a miracle.
Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by Nobody: 1:41am On Oct 11, 2015
paulGrundy:

Who told you?? ??

Just because you haven't seen one doesn't mean God hasn't done a miracle.

Ok tell me the amputee you know that God restored his limb/s or forever hold your peace. kiss

1 Like

Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by waldigit: 6:42am On Oct 11, 2015
menesheh:
hahaha

god can only heal sick people that if not prayed to, will still get better on their own. TB Joshua and co takes glory for healing people that are seriously taking medication, present amputees to them, they will pick run.

But can they raise dead for 7 days corpse to live. OP you are so far away form God and know almost nothing about Him. That state of mind is unfortunate. Google man died for 7 days or search within nairaland forum to get informed.
Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by theunusualmoon(m): 7:19am On Oct 11, 2015
Hello bro, it's been a while.you keep talking about limb regeneration all the time,what's up? Have you lost your limb(s)?

Dapo777:

Ok tell me the amputee you know that God restored his limb/s or forever hold your peace. kiss
Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 11, 2015
Eddlad:

And I asked that if he restored an amputee today, tomorrow we would ask him to revive our dead loved relatives, life would go on endlessly, where would we draw the line?

but God can do EVERYTHING!!!
Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 11, 2015
waldigit:

But can they raise dead for 7 days corpse to live. OP you are so far away form God and know almost nothing about Him. That state of mind is unfortunate. Google man died for 7 days or search within nairaland forum to get informed.

The only way a human can die n rise again is wen he never died in d first place.

Once u die, God has called u, it's all over.
Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by keenn: 7:37am On Oct 11, 2015
thorpido:
How many surgeries have doctors performed and have failed?How many times have doctors done all they can and the patient still dies?

Except the Lord build a house,they labour in vain that build. It

I have never being so infuriated after reading a post until now, are u insane?

1 Like

Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by keenn: 7:51am On Oct 11, 2015
Anas09:
I seriously think the Op is either a child or he is stupid. Did I hear u say transplant? Where did they get the hands they used in performing the surgery from?
Why are people this shallow? Did u even think before u opened this thread? Did the Doctors create the ones they used to transplant? If they are as good as u think they are, why does it take them so long to train and carry out extensive experiments before doing an actual surgery?
Even clons need an already existing cells from a human being created by God.
@Joe4Christ, I think you shd change ur Moniker, you are a joke.
I had a bone condition years back that needed transplant, that was when I knew that doctors can't create. They only use what is already existing to work with.
Lord cause this Ops to wake up tomorrow with norm hands, let him call a doctor to restore sensation to his hands. This is how I know that God is a good God. He allows you go on and on, to ur peril though, because when the consequenses starts, then it will be too late.

Your post is so enriched with bullshit and cow dung.

I believe u are not science inclined, as regards knowledge and advance in science, man is still very primitive.

Surely a time would come when all part of the body can be synthesized...all we need is time

As at present, there exist the following

Artificial heart
Artificial heart valves
Artificial lenses
Artificial teeth
Artificial earing aids
Artificial breast
Artificial.....
Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by ebenice(m): 9:09am On Oct 11, 2015
you copied and paste this to mock God..isn't it!? but the joke is on you....
I'm a living witness of where blind eyes got open ,were lame walked , and were amputee leg got lengthened and turned normal ...in a pastor kumuyi's crusade...#God's not dead!

repent and be converted! there's no gain. in mediocrities
Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by paulGrundy(m): 9:13am On Oct 11, 2015
Dapo777:

There been several cases where amputees have had their arms stretched out. Our lord Jesus has done that. Great MOG kenneth Hagin and A.A.Allen have been used along that line.

There have been well documented science verified healing of amputees.
Take for example the healing of amputee Miguel Juan Delisare.  This recorded miracle
is, in fact, well known in Spain. It took place through the
intercession of Our Lady (Mary, the Mother of God) and the promise
that she made to St. James the Apostle at Zaragoza, Spain during the
first recorded Marian Apparition in the history of the Church.

You can imagine that the Catholic church recognizes it as a miracle. In the RCC before a miracle is recognized it undergoes rigorous investigation, a team of religious and atheistic foresic doctors investigate it and reach a consensus. The statement of Witnesses and neighbours of the person healed are taken and compared. The individual is then put under observation for some years, before it is recognized as a miracle.

The problem is not that God cannot heal amputees, the problem is that you are more eager not to Believe miracles.
Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by paulGrundy(m): 9:14am On Oct 11, 2015
ebenice:
you copied and paste this to mock God..isn't it!? but the joke is on you....
I'm a living witness of where blind eyes got open ,were lame walked , and were amputee leg got lengthened and turned normal ...in a pastor kumuyi's crusade...#God's not dead!

repent and be converted! there's no gain. in mediocrities

The problem is that they will never believe these things, except they witness one with their eyes.
Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 11, 2015
paulGrundy:

There been several cases where amputees have had their arms stretched out. Our lord Jesus has done that. Great MOG kenneth Hagin and A.A.Allen have been used along that line.

There have been well documented science verified healing of amputees.
Take for example the healing of amputee Miguel Juan Delisare.  This recorded miracle
is, in fact, well known in Spain. It took place through the
intercession of Our Lady (Mary, the Mother of God) and the promise
that she made to St. James the Apostle at Zaragoza, Spain during the
first recorded Marian Apparition in the history of the Church.

You can imagine that the Catholic church recognizes it as a miracle. In the RCC before a miracle is recognized it undergoes rigorous investigation, a team of religious and atheistic foresic doctors investigate it and reach a consensus. The statement of Witnesses and neighbours of the person healed are taken and compared. The individual is then put under observation for some years, before it is recognized as a miracle.

The problem is not that God cannot heal amputees, the problem is that you are more eager not to Believe miracles.

Lmao..... Maybe this would help you out.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_Calanda

Please check the meaning of an allegation. The story was an allegation, that is ,there is no definite proof of it happening, it was only stated in a document some 300 years ago by someone.

Maybe this should make you sceptical about the story.

Author Brian Dunning has done extensive research and claims that "there is no documentation or witness accounts confirming his leg was ever gone." He presents a non-miraculous explanation that Pellicer's leg did not develop gangrene during the five days at the hospital at Valencia. He spent the next 50 days convalescing, during which he was unable to work. He turned to begging, and discovered that having a broken leg was a boon. After his leg had mended, he decided that if a broken leg helped, a missing leg would be better. Traveling to Zaragoza, he bound his right foreleg up behind his thigh and for two years played the part of an amputee beggar. Later, back at his parents home in Calanda, forced to sleep in a different bed, his ruse was discovered. The story of the miracle was a way to save face. Dunning asserts "that no evidence exists that his leg was ever amputated — or that he was even treated at all — at the hospital in Zaragoza other than his own word. He named three doctors there, but for some reason there is no record of their having been interviewed by either the delegation or the trial."[3] However, Dunning is mistaken about the facts of the trial; Juan de Estanga and others from the hospital did testify to the treatment of Miguel Juan and to the amputation.

Do you see that " there is no account or documentation that his leg was ever gone (amputated) in the first place''

You brought an allegation to me and expect me to take it for a fact, you are a joker. angry grin if there was evidence and proof to back up the allegations and not just a story written by a man, then I would probably start believing in ur god.

Just in case you don't get a reply from me, I have been banned by nairaland antispambot. It does that a lot when I post link from Wikipedia.
Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 11, 2015
madgoat:
angry @OP, i hope God doesnt get angry with you. You better edit the topic and remove the name of God from it.

Your god seem to get angered a lot,why?

1 Like

Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by TrajansKong: 11:20am On Oct 11, 2015
ifeness:

Your god seem to get angered a lot,why?
You know why!!

He is a jealous, angry Lord of Hosts. His hatred and wrath are infinite! Fear Him!

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 11, 2015
TrajansKong:

You know why!!

He is a jealous, angry Lord of Hosts. His hatred and wrath are infinite! Fear Him!

Lol ok. He needs to chill tho
Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by paulGrundy(m): 5:02pm On Oct 11, 2015
[quote author=Dapo777 post=38873162]

Lmao..... Maybe this would help you out.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_Calanda

Please check the meaning of an allegation. The story was an allegation, that is ,there is no definite proof of it happening, it was only stated in a document some 300 years ago by someone.

Maybe this should make you sceptical about the story.

wikipaedia: Author Brian Dunning has done extensive research and claims that "there is no documentation or witness accounts confirming his leg was ever gone."He presents a non-miraculous explanation that Pellicer's leg did not develop gangrene during the five days at the hospital at Valencia. He spent the next 50 days convalescing, during which he was unable to work. He turned to begging, and discovered that having a broken leg was a boon. After his leg had mended, he decided that if a broken leg helped, a missing leg would be better. Traveling to Zaragoza, he bound his right foreleg up behind his thigh and for two years played the part of an amputee beggar. Later, back at his parents home in Calanda, forced to sleep in a different bed, his ruse was discovered. The story of the miracle was a way to save face. Dunning asserts "that no evidence exists that his leg was ever amputated — or that he was even treated at all — at the hospital in Zaragoza other than his own word. He named three doctors there, but for some reason there is no record of their having been interviewed by either the delegation or the trial."[3] [size=19pt]However, Dunning is mistaken about the facts of the trial; Juan de Estanga and others from the hospital did testify to the treatment of Miguel Juan and to the amputation[/size]

You obviously didn't take time to read what you copied and pasted. Two witnesses did testify to the amputation and treatment of the leg. And the article itself said Dunning was mistakened about the facts of the trail.

Do you see that " there is no account or documentation that his leg was ever gone (amputated) in the first place''

You brought an allegation to me and expect me to take it for a fact, you are a joker. angry grin if there was evidence and proof to back up the allegations and not just a story written by a man, then I would probably start believing in ur god.

Just in case you don't get a reply from me, I have been banned by nairaland antispambot. It does that a lot when I post link from Wikipedia.

You and dunning are prolly the same, atheists that will go to any length to miscontrue Gods power by misinterpreting the facts. Open your eyes bro!!!
Miracles are real!!. Misinterpreting facts and attacking MOGS won't change that, and believe you me, we are entering a dispensation where healing of amputees will be as common as a blind man receiving his sight.
Re: Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. by waldigit: 7:34pm On Oct 11, 2015
chuna1985:

The only way a human can die n rise again is wen he never died in d first place.

Once u die, God has called u, it's all over.

So even with obvious evidence of Lazarus the jews and Lazarus the Nigerian we still have doubting Thomas around. Unbelieve is a curse!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Will Nairaland Leave Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Alone? / Thoughts, Gross Matter, Ethereal Matter, And Etc. For Deepsight And Etc / Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.