Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Firstbank Customers Beware, Money Missing In Acount - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Firstbank Customers Beware, Money Missing In Acount (2251 Views)

Firstbank Achieves 100m Monthly Transactions / First Bank Customers; Beware... / Current Acount Vs Savings Acount (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Firstbank Customers Beware, Money Missing In Acount by chuksme(m): 5:49pm On Mar 17, 2009
FirstBank is duplicating double ATM CARD now for Customers. One will be given to you while the other will be kept secretly with them. I have a savings Account with Firstbank of nigeria, which i opened at Apapa Ajekunle Branch.
On thursday 12 of March, the sum of N20,000 was paid into this Account. The next day i went to check my balance,on getting there, i discovered that the amount above has not reflected. i went to them to make inquiry, to my greatest suprise i was told that the money had been withdrawn with an ATM the same day i paid in the cash.

I have never expose my pin to any Humainbeing on earth, my card is always with me, even at the day and time they told me that the money was taken from my account by another ATM card.

I have been complaining and writing to them, according to how some staff directed me, but up till now i have not seen a positive respond on how to refund the cash. I am planning to sue the bank for defruading customers
Re: Firstbank Customers Beware, Money Missing In Acount by Leks(m): 12:07am On Mar 18, 2009
man u're cruel posting a thing like this about FirstBank. u ain't gonna get anywhere trying to portray the bank in bad light like u're doing.the bank is in a class of it's own-has more sense than soil its hard earned name and esteem with a paltry 20 kobo or wat did u say it was. it's simple,ur password has been compromised.put in a letter instructing that ur atm be blocked so there'l be no further transaction on the account via atm for now,then request for a new pin.be careful next time and always watch ur back.act now so u won't lose all ur money rather than waste time posting malicious topics about a bank driven by integrity and with zero tolerance for fraud and sharp practices.
Re: Firstbank Customers Beware, Money Missing In Acount by chuksme(m): 11:19am On Mar 19, 2009
lek,

i am not being cruel or trying to damage image of first bank. it does not pay or make any good of me by wasting my time typing what did not happen. The fact is that so many people in Nigeria are ignorance of how this ATM works. It is Advisable to hide your secret Pin when withdrawing money with ATM. but even if the person behind you sees your pin number; he will not be able to withdraw your cash without your ATM card.

if you use someone else atm pin on your own atm card, it will tell you invalid or incorrect pin, even if you are using the same bank atm card. but there is what we call ATM card number, if experts get that very pin from your ATM card, that’s when they will be able to manipulate your account. And it is this very card pin number i am talking about not the common secret pin or password pin people change by them self.

i am saying and complaining to the bank to look deep inside, among the staff in charge of the very section where these pin numbers are being created. i believe, that there is a fraudulent staff among them. they should find out the bag eggs among them before it is too late. i did not announce that to damage image of the bank,ok.
Re: Firstbank Customers Beware, Money Missing In Acount by midastouch: 11:43am On Mar 20, 2009
I strongly believe that there is a syndicate that is perpetuating this sort of crime.

My friend banks with UBA. She has had her ATM card service for sometime now. One day she went to make a withdrawal from the Banks ATM only to discover that her account was empty. She went and complained at the Bank, but the bank insisted that their records indicated that her ATM card was used for the withdrawals.

She protested that She has always had her ATM card safely kept at home, and she only brings it out when she needs to use it. The bank now called up their surveillance records, and showed her the picture of the person/s that made various withdrawals. She does not know any of them.

The alarming thing about the records is that it shows that they were using a replica of her ATM.

My friend is in the process of legal litigation with UBA.
Re: Firstbank Customers Beware, Money Missing In Acount by deepo: 10:44am On Mar 23, 2009
You guys should really look at where the situation is.

Do yahoo yahoo boy who buys different things only with someone else's credit card online have access to the atm card or the bank itself.

If u havent compromised your card then its just a random selection on you. All the fraudsters need is a software that permutate numbers till they hit a jackpot. Yes your card is been used but it is been used online.

Am not justifying the banks or justifing u. all am saying is we are in an unsecured economy so save ur grief.
Re: Firstbank Customers Beware, Money Missing In Acount by SweetT1: 12:50pm On Mar 23, 2009
@Poster

You must be one of those intercontinental bank workers, your tactics will not succeed.
Re: Firstbank Customers Beware, Money Missing In Acount by deb(m): 4:33pm On Mar 23, 2009
man u're cruel posting a thing like this about FirstBank. u ain't gonna get anywhere trying to portray the bank in bad light like u're doing.the bank is in a class of it's own-has more sense than soil its hard earned name and esteem with a paltry 20 kobo or wat did u say it was. it's simple,ur password has been compromised.put in a letter instructing that ur atm be blocked so there'l be no further transaction on the account via atm for now,then request for a new pin.be careful next time and always watch ur back.act now so u won't lose all ur money rather than waste time posting malicious topics about a bank driven by integrity and with zero tolerance for fraud and sharp practices.

In case what the poster was saying is true, I feel shocked by the above quoted response. The response is cruel.
@ poster
What you are saying better be the truth.
On the other hand, this is Nigeria where anything can happen. I feel sorry for you o.
Re: Firstbank Customers Beware, Money Missing In Acount by deb(m): 4:38pm On Mar 23, 2009
You guys should really look at where the situation is.

Do yahoo yahoo boy who buys different things only with someone else's credit card online have access to the atm card or the bank itself.

If u havent compromised your card then its just a random selection on you. All the fraudsters need is a software that permutate numbers till they hit a jackpot. Yes your card is been used but it is been used online.

Am not justifying the banks or justifing u. all am saying is we are in an unsecured economy so save ur grief.

Must you post that? Now, you have opened door for some bastard who have no job to start trying to figure how they can swindle
more people. I pray you will be the first victim. Unguarded mouth!
Re: Firstbank Customers Beware, Money Missing In Acount by achoudeh(m): 5:58pm On Mar 23, 2009
what i will tell you guys is this, b/careful when you are useing you atm card, here in italy is common,romanians mount camera and tap your pin code and use it to withdraw your money, becareful stop accuseing the bank, work with then to track down the thief, ok
Re: Firstbank Customers Beware, Money Missing In Acount by kayusa: 6:27am On Apr 15, 2009
Niaja with ignorance,there is noway some can use your ATM card without the Card number not the Pin.
The card number is what really tracks your transaction ,once someone get that number with the security code numeber which is part of the number but I won't say it because there are some fraudulent dude who have nothing else to do but steal from their fellow humans and say God has blessed them.Anyway if anyone get hold of that number you are done without the number the card is useless there is nothing anyone can do with you pin number alone even if the person has a camera as long as the camera did not capture the card number it's of no use.The issue with yahoo boys using credit card is similar because once they have the credit card number you are srewed it does not require a pin.
My fellow brodas and sis be very careful with how you handly your personal belongings.Niaja is indeed a scary place I was considering opening an account there but I am scared with all this news.
May God help us.
Naija go better one day in Jesus name (Amen !).
Re: Firstbank Customers Beware, Money Missing In Acount by alldone(m): 10:53am On Apr 15, 2009
Hey, the whole story is sad.
sorry anyway but i don't think the bank will defraud you.

we need to be more careful with our card.

(1) (Reply)

Starting Pure Water Business / Low Cost Special Bread Bakery Production Plant Feasibility / Photos: Woman Orders Birthday Cake With A Blond Sitting On Top,see What She Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.