Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m (20042 Views)

Dangote Refinery: Africa’s Biggest Refinery Takes Shape / Otedola, El-Rufai In Tanzania As Dangote Launches Cement Plant (Photos) / Dangote meets Mugabe on investment approval (PHOtO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by Bonapart(m): 10:06am On Jul 31, 2015
agabusta:

Campaign is over. GEJ lost. No need for campaign after elections.

What u re calling Legacy are all Pseudo-legacy. Blurry unconfirmable legacies.

Relax and see the legacy PMB will leave behind.

shut up! if you were able read and understand, you will know what's happening now is exactly what Gej said in his speech written in da pix
Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by anonimi: 10:07am On Jul 31, 2015
agabusta:

Get your facts right. Bill gate foundation is partnering with Dangote foundation on polio projects.

Thanks for the info.
Do you have a web link for further details on the partnership?
Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by erinalex: 10:11am On Jul 31, 2015
qualityovenbake:
Nothing is free from the US. They stands to benefit a lot from this arrangement.
if they benefit a lot and offer one of your family members an employment opportunity,u'll ask your brother not to jump at it? U reap where you sow. And if it is that easy,you too should go and invest in Dagote,afterall no law bounds you.

1 Like

Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by ELAGAIE(m): 10:16am On Jul 31, 2015
datz y i like my people, i hav nt seen any comment frm a northerner saying Dangote is great because he is one of them, unlike d tribalist in d east "nyamris"
Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by bigiyaro(m): 10:20am On Jul 31, 2015
nawao, fvckin gays, help fight dis islamabad guys, no way! Claimin some human rigth bullshit wen defenceless humans r been decimated on daily basis, now u modafvckers r donatin almost a billion dollars to promote ur intrest in d same nigeria. Tunder fire una gay a.r.s.e.s.
Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by clevadani: 10:26am On Jul 31, 2015
Excellent development.
Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 31, 2015
Adesiji77:

http://businessdayonline.com/2015/07/proposed-dangote-refinery-gets-997m-us-trade-agency-grant/

I don't know why it isn't working, it was from the Cable... Thanks for the rectification.
Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by jabojafa(m): 10:39am On Jul 31, 2015
Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by dollarlander: 11:01am On Jul 31, 2015
Bonapart:
Us are like devil, they don't give without taking back with double hands

They are giving so that they will be the one to do the training. All the expenses for the training will be done in America and the money will still remain in their economy.

What they are giving is the monetary value of the training. No cash will be released to the plant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by BeauHomme: 11:13am On Jul 31, 2015
$997million to train just over 100 staff? Let's assume the "over 100 staff" could get up to 150 staff. That means $6.647million per staff. Converting to naira at the current exchage rate of N230=$1, then we have about N1.528billion.

N1.528billion to train just one person?shockedshocked

1 Like

Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by Kelvinpam(m): 11:23am On Jul 31, 2015
naijainfogalery:
USA doesnt invest where there is no jollyment. In the Next 5 years i see Dangote as the top 10 richest guy in the world. He hasnt even entered into Oil Business fully yet and he is already top 30, if he now enters this business fully with the introduction of his refinery o boy, if only he can just dash me 0.0001% of his money,

He cant get to top 10 with the issue of falling oil price. Infact going into oil business at this point in time if not careful will rather reduce his worth. Once iran begins exportation, oil price will reduce drastically. Within the next 2 yrs, oil is expected to reduce to about $30 becos the market is already flooded with crude oil.
Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by agabusta: 11:27am On Jul 31, 2015

1 Like

Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by naijainfogalery: 11:28am On Jul 31, 2015
Naaaaaa i dont think so, you know why? not going into it will still affect him anyways, Dangote doesnt need to sell to western countries, if Dangote can complete his own power plant, he will be running on free power which he can then generate power for teh refinery at a cheap rate , he will supply Africa and middle east, forget Irans oil
Kelvinpam:

He cant get to top 10 with the issue of falling oil price. Infact going into oil business at this point in time if not careful will rather reduce his worth. Once iran begins exportation, oil price will reduce drastically. Within the next 2 yrs, oil is expected to reduce to about $30 becos the market is already flooded with crude oil.
Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by agabusta: 11:29am On Jul 31, 2015
Bonapart:
shut up! if you were able read and understand, you will know what's happening now is exactly what Gej said in his speech written in da pix

Keep quiet jor. Why are you ranting?? GEJ is history. Get that into your thick head.
Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by Originalsly: 11:30am On Jul 31, 2015
The grant is expected to be used in the training of more than 100 staff on the use of UOP technology licensing and engineering services. Hmmmm.....do you know of any course that costs US $10M per person? This $997M ransom...ehmmm... grant is not from the goodness of the heart or wanting to promote development in Nigeria. The giver must reap benefits at the back end most likely in a percentage of the profits of the refinery. No US company or organization is charitable....always must be something to gain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by scana042: 11:40am On Jul 31, 2015
what we need is just 5 DANGOTES _(passionate indigenous and result oriented business Men to drive our economy) and unemployment will be a thing of the past even foreign partners will keep rushing our way. sincere Companies follow ur serious drive not corrupt practices and shady biz . God bless Aliko
Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by olaboy33(m): 11:45am On Jul 31, 2015
assuming pa yaradua has sold our refineries to this man then, things wouldn't have gotten this worse

1 Like

Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by Kelvinpam(m): 11:58am On Jul 31, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Naaaaaa i dont think so, you know why? not going into it will still affect him anyways, Dangote doesnt need to sell to western countries, if Dangote can complete his own power plant, he will be running on free power which he can then generate power for teh refinery at a cheap rate , he will supply Africa and middle east, forget Irans oil

Did you know dangote was the biggest loser last year in forbes top 100 list? This was becos of currency devaluation,instability and low demand for cement.
So he cant afford to trade locally.
He needs to export oil to get his earnings in US dollar.
You mentioned "middle east" ? Really? Thats no go area. UAE, SAUDI ARABIA AND KUWAIT own that market.
For africa, that is still not our market. What makes u tink the likes of egypt, tunisia and oda arab allies will buy from nigeria. Last I check, uae supplies them. So the competition for oda african countries lies between nigeria and angola. So ask yourself, who does dangote sell to once iran start calling the shots. Its a risky business right now but still a favorable one.
Anything can happen bro but top 10? HELL NO!
Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by 2sex(m): 11:58am On Jul 31, 2015
naijainfogalery:
USA doesnt invest where there is no jollyment. [b]In the Next 5 years i see Dangote as the top 10 [/b]richest guy in the world. He hasnt even entered into Oil Business fully yet and he is already top 30, if he now enters this business fully with the introduction of his refinery o boy, if only he can just dash me 0.0001% of his money,
remove the zero because that is his goal and he said it himself.
Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by anonimi: 12:04pm On Jul 31, 2015

1 Like

Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 31, 2015
Just 3mil away from a billion dollars who are they deceiving. An amount much bigger than the aid they give to the whole of africa, bigger than the bench mark amount bush junior broke in his days on africa. They thought Nigeria would break up by 2015 but we didnt. God in heaven demystified them. 2day dey dim us viable 2 invest in 2 salvage their crippling economy after pulling out on buying our oil, restricting sale of arms to us, abandoned us in ebola crises n sponsors of bh!
Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by Bonapart(m): 1:00pm On Jul 31, 2015
agabusta:

Keep quiet jor. Why are you ranting?? GEJ is history. Get that into your thick head.
that's all you know cos you where full of hate and was blinded by hate even till now
Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by Bonuwa: 2:05pm On Jul 31, 2015
Dangote don't need dia fucking support
Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by sam90s(m): 2:57pm On Jul 31, 2015
Bonapart:
Us are like devil, they don't give without taking back with double hands

We haven't developed any technology at that scale, that means acquiring it from those who have, and where there's competition (French, German, Chinese, Russian....), offering to provide funds for training is a strategy that ensures you acquire their tech and therefore have a guaranteed long lasting relationship, that could mean even more business in repairs and services in the long term.
Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by agabusta: 3:01pm On Jul 31, 2015
Bonapart:
that's all you know cos you where full of hate and was blinded by hate even till now

There is nothing like hate in my criticisms of GEJ. He is a weak leader, it's as simple as that. I just don't understand u guys. So the fact that I criticise someone now means I hate the person right?
Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 31, 2015
only dangote?
Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by Bonapart(m): 3:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
sam90s:

We haven't developed any technology at that scale, that means acquiring it from those who have, and where there's competition (French, German, Chinese, Russian....), offering to provide funds for training is a strategy that ensures you acquire their tech and therefore have a guaranteed long lasting relationship, that could mean even more business in repairs and services in the long term.
you sabi something
Thanks for the enlightenment
Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by ohimai83: 7:14pm On Jul 31, 2015
mrvitalis:
What's there cut? Cos I know America can't give u anything for free
Why would anyone give you $1 billion for free? Its an investment and they must get return on their investment!!!!
Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by mickey45: 7:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
butanepro:
Dividends

You spoke my mind.
But Dangote's a businessman, and like all businessmen, their loyalty's first and foremost to "PROFITS" and ain't nothing wrong with that.

I'm guessing the pioneer Departmental Heads will be from the Donor country (more jobs+technical reliance for them) but so long as the system's running, he (Dangote) wldn't and shdn't mind.

Same obtains in most of his other firms...(Agro-Sacks etc.)
Re: US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 01, 2015
natas22:
Hey natas22. I called you bokoharam yestaday. I apologise.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Invest in Peninsula Homes with just 700k to get a plot. / N1.04tn Fine: MTN Apologises, Seeks Leniency / Investments In Lekki Free Trade Zone Hits N4.55 Trillion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.