Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody (40103 Views)

Ifeanyi Okpoko: Houses, Exotic Cars Owned By Man Accused Of Being A Ritualist / Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) / Baby Found In A Polythene Bag In Akwa Ibom (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by Swagavillage(m): 10:31am On Jul 31, 2015

[quote]ABEOKUTA- Daniel Ogundele, the father of the 20-month-old baby, Opeyemi Ogundele, who was allegedly stolen at a christening ceremony in Ogun State on Sunday, said his child is still alive in the den of suspected kidnappers. Ogundele said as at 10:00pm on Monday when he allegedly had a phone conversation with an Ifa priest, Chief Olansile Ifayemi, who was accused of masterminding the mysterious disappearance of the child has told him that his missing toddler was alive in his custody.

Ogundele , who spoke with reporters yesterday, said he had reported the matter to the state police command headquarters, Eleweran, Abeokuta. The toddler had on Sunday disappeared mysteriously during a naming ceremony at Inukosegba village, near Akorede Estate, Mile II in Abeokuta North Local Government Area.

The baby was said to have been kidnapped about 1:30pm at the christening organised by the family of Mr. Olusola Osunleke for their newborn daughter. In the process of searching for the baby, residents discovered a suspected ritualists’ den in the area, which was adjacent to Osunleke’s house.

The discovery made angry residents to storm the area and vandalise the building, wherein human body parts, human effigy, fetish objects and masquerade regalia, among others, were found. But speaking yesterday, the father of the missing toddler, said he succeeded in reaching Chief Ifayemi on telephone on Monday night. Ogundele stated that the Ifa priest confirmed that the “stolen baby” was in his custody at Isabo area of Abeokuta and that the child was alive.

“We got his phone number and called him on Monday night . The priest said my child was still alive and with him at Isabo. He claimed that he was in Isabo area of Abeokuta. This was around 10 pm on Monday. He said nothing is wrong with my boy. He just asked us to stop people from destroying his house,” he said.

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Muyiwa Adejobi, said he was not aware of the claims of the toddler’s father that the baby was with the suspected ritualist.

Suspectedritualist

Adejobi said though the Ifa priest is at large, the police command had arrested two suspects in connection with the alleged kidnap. “The prime suspect is still at large. But two suspects have been arrested. We have not seen the baby but investigation is ongoing. We assure the people of the state that we are going to unravel the mystery behind the incident.

“On the claims by the baby’s father, we (police) are not aware. If the man has such an information, I think he should have told the police, “he said. Meanwhile, residents of the area where the incident occurred have cried out for help over alleged threat by the suspected mastermind of the kidnapping. Vanguard gathered that, the Chairman of the Community Development Association in the area, Kunle Ojewale said he and three others in the community have been threatened by Ifayemi.

Ojewale who spoke with newsmen on phone said he had run away from home and relocated to Mowe in Obafemi-Owode local government. He said, Chief Ifayemi had called his line and threatened him for instigating the people against him. He said he had since relocated to an undisclosed place in Mowe area. It was also leant that as 6:30 pm on Tuesday, the house suspected to be the ritualists den has been demolished by the angry youth in the area.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/lost-found-20-month-old-baby-in-ritualists-custody/#sthash.9ewjCmUo.dpuf
Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by ELTON123(m): 10:35am On Jul 31, 2015
Nawa oo

I don de fear this ogun people sad

16 Likes

Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by DahtzFestjayz: 10:36am On Jul 31, 2015
Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by Kossyne(m): 10:37am On Jul 31, 2015
[quote author= post=36456809][/quote] K
Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by veekid(m): 10:47am On Jul 31, 2015
everyday for the thief, one day for the owner

1 Like

Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by horllami07(f): 10:47am On Jul 31, 2015
Some pple ar so wicked that they forgot d day of judgement... May God keep d baby safe and let him b found soonest

6 Likes

Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by Bonapart(m): 10:47am On Jul 31, 2015
Thank God... i pray life remains in him

7 Likes

Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 31, 2015
Such a cute baby.

1 Like

Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by candidbabe(f): 10:47am On Jul 31, 2015
Ko
Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by Merlissa(f): 10:47am On Jul 31, 2015
Thank You Lord
Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by papaejima1: 10:48am On Jul 31, 2015
Sacrifice the ritualists to Amadioha immediately!

What's the delay for?
The police will claim ignorance now I know.
Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by Surejobsng(m): 10:48am On Jul 31, 2015
shocked Dis world is coming to an end o
Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by Swagavillage(m): 10:48am On Jul 31, 2015
Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by missKiffy(f): 10:48am On Jul 31, 2015
Thank God he was found
Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by VickyRotex(f): 10:48am On Jul 31, 2015
Thank God the baby Is alive, and I pray he returns home in piece and not in pieces
Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by funkybully(f): 10:48am On Jul 31, 2015
Ogun again? Why is every ritual news always emanating from ogun?

Na so them like money reach?

7 Likes

Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by ardeks(m): 10:48am On Jul 31, 2015
Thank God for the life of the baby. May God continue to be our guard, amen.
Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by Omotayor123(f): 10:49am On Jul 31, 2015
Oluwa oooo.. The Baby must have a great destiny to fulfill..

All evil doers shall be brought to book.
BTW
Parents should be extra careful with their children. God will not make us an instrument of ritual.
Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by Georgekyrian(m): 10:49am On Jul 31, 2015
Thank God..
Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by holluwai(m): 10:49am On Jul 31, 2015
People are becoming more wicked by the day!!!!!!
Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:50am On Jul 31, 2015
Ogun again this people and rituals are like bread and butter

5 Likes

Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by deadZONE: 10:50am On Jul 31, 2015
grin grin Ogun state

Nothing good ever comes out of Ogun state.

4 Likes

Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by CharlieMaria(m): 10:50am On Jul 31, 2015
Can you imagine.
Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by ahckmedkosy(m): 10:51am On Jul 31, 2015
First I want to understand why there are combination of "mysterious Disappearance" and "kidnap" in the same story or is the OP not sure wat happened. Pls Wia is the pix of the baby with the juju priest? Can I get a reasonable n well articulated post to read?
Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by enoqueen: 10:51am On Jul 31, 2015
Na waoh!

Things de happen
Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by kossyablaze(m): 10:51am On Jul 31, 2015
Till I die,I pray nothing would take me to that dumb state... OGUN
THE OTHER DAY,A BABY DISAPPEARED DURING HIS NAMING CEREMONY...Holy Jeez!
Now playing. Meek mill ft Nicki,Chris brown - All eyes on you

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lost 1 Year Old Baby Found In Ritualist Custody by kossyablaze(m): 10:52am On Jul 31, 2015
deadZONE:
grin grin Ogun state
Nothing good ever comes out of Ogun state.
I tellz u

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some Of The Worst Wrongful Convictions And Imprisonment Cases (Photos) / Security Personnel Beat Oride Operator To Death For Overtaking Them / Angry Neighbors Invade Woman's House Over Housemaid Brutality. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.