Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,503 members, 7,781,535 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:25 PM

The Diary Of A Jobless Youth - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Diary Of A Jobless Youth (1590 Views)

Five Things I Would Learn To Do If I Was Jobless / Lazy Jobless Guys Complaining About The Government,you Need To See This(pics) / How I Got A Fake Job Appointment - Diary Of A Jobless NIGERIAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Diary Of A Jobless Youth by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:58am On Jul 31, 2015
The diary of a jobless youth

Very early in the morning I woke up knowing full well that I have no job, no money to meet up

and solve my needs. I set up my plans of where to go and how to find a job. It was a huge task

but I had high hopes. I dust my certificate, my C.V and specially composed application letters.I

I ironed my cloths, ate and head for the bathroom. Today is going to be my lucky day I think.

After taking my bath I said a short prayer “Lord may your wish be done in my life” I left home

with high hopes. I visited different establishments, companies. Going from one offices to

another, checking my mail for my online applications. I called the people that promised to help

me secure a job after my NYSC, they all had one excuse or the other to give. Some of them

demanded what I can not afford. I went home feeling dejected. The scenario continued weeks,

months, years, but to no avail. One night, I lied down unable to sleep, reflecting on my past

years of struggle for academic success. The stress, the hunger I endured which almost took my

life. I graduated and served my country. I always feel the sense of disappointment from my

parents, siblings, friends, knowing full well that I have failed to meet up to their expectation.

Most time I asked myself the aim of going to school? If I can’t secure a good job after years of

my struggles, isn’t that a wasted effort? I was faced with dilemma of what next to do. I

contemplated going into crime; will that be a good option? I ask myself. No, crime is a

dangerous thing to do, but expectation and need must be met. Our law makers share billions of

naira annually among themselves for doing what every educated Nigerian can do. Passing of

laws, sponsoring of bills which some of them may spend four years without sponsoring any bill.

They receive fat allowances more than their salaries. The Nigerian legislators are the highest

earning legislators in the world, while minimum salary is eighteen thousand naira for civil

servants. The governors are not left out they receive billion annually as security votes. Meant for

provision of security to their respective states which many of them have converted the money

for their personal use. Creating employment opportunities for the youth is not their agenda. To

pay workers’ salaries is now becoming an impossible task for the governors. To travel

abroad seems a better option, but where is the money for the process and procurement of all the

necessary requirement needed for the trip? I had a dream to get a job after my education, build a

house, buy a car, get married, help my family and the society but all were wishes. When one has

stayed for years without a job, all his hopes will be lost. For how long will my present situation

last? The more I think about my situation the more I get depressed. Guess what!!!! I grabbed

my pillow tight as a means of comfort. It is time to sleep, I slept off, and that was just a wish.

If wishes were horse beggars might ride.

The end

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Diary Of A Jobless Youth by tgmservice: 11:05am On Jul 31, 2015
H
Re: The Diary Of A Jobless Youth by baba11(m): 11:14am On Jul 31, 2015
So pathetic...current Nigeria situation is not helping we youth of nowadays at all...if I may ask,when did you complete your nysc?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Diary Of A Jobless Youth by benedima1990(m): 11:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
NIGERIA......

Ojojumo la n ji riya....
( we wake up every morning to see suffering)

Dagrin baba

May your gentle soul rest in perfect peace

1 Like

Re: The Diary Of A Jobless Youth by Ucheosefoh(m): 4:59pm On Aug 17, 2015
baba11:
So pathetic...current Nigeria situation is not helping we youth of nowadays at all...if I may ask,when did you complete your nysc?
I am an undergraduate, writing is my hobby so I decide to write what I feel millions of youth face everyday in this country

1 Like

Re: The Diary Of A Jobless Youth by baba11(m): 9:40pm On Aug 17, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
I am an undergraduate, writing is my hobby so I decide to write what I feel millions of youth face everyday in this country
Ok
Re: The Diary Of A Jobless Youth by csong: 8:28am On Dec 10, 2018
Permission to share this write up.
It's a good one

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Employment Opportunities In KADUNA State, Nigeria / Denna Rossi Limited Job Recruitment / Please, I Need A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.