Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,957 members, 7,799,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF (25725 Views)

Uwazuruike Apologises To The North; Says Protests Politically Motivated / Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report / Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says Arewa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
merry02:
time ll tell!

My question is if the North for me its not APC but the north (AREWA) that's condemning the confab move then I ask what is their recommendation to create a balance in the system which is what the confab strongly projected! If this is not either of two things will happen
-the north will continue to want to suppress other regions in order not for the confab recommendation to actualise or people will get really fed-up and there will be lots of problem in the system in the future. If the confab is not implemented even fighting corruption will remain a big issue

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
Demdem:

Who are u to determine that? It was mainly political selection from pdp states and the presidency.
What we need is not a NC but an SNC.

What do you mean by NC but an SNC. am not good with abbreviations

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 1:44pm On Jul 31, 2015
Chiaka:

For those affected the Confab is a way to balance an imbalance system! surprising question is 'why is it only the north that's condemning the confab??!

And who told u that it's only the north condemning it? Elements in the West also condemns it. Don't be deceived by these afenifere lot. They are so inconsequential and I doubt if they have followers.
APC, being a NATIONAL party condemns it and that's what matters. The rejection cut across all zones.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 1:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
Chiaka:

What do you mean by NC but an SNC. am not good with abbreviations

NC - National Conference
SNC- Sovereign National Conference.
Jonah-daft made a blunder of repeating Obj's experiment.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
Demdem:

Just a question for u.........
What are the major differences BTW obj NC and last year NC?

This is what was said and the excuse for organizing another National conference under Jonathan Era

"Gbonigi said that the 2005 national conference was not people’s conference as it did not discuss the peculiar needs and desires of various ethnic nationalities that made up Nigeria.

He said Nigerians would this time around have what he described as a “people’s conference” that would come up with “peoples decision.”

He said, “We are going to have a people’s conference that will come up with the people’s decision. We are going to have a conference that knows and understands one another. This conference will respect the peoples’ culture.”

Clark also said, “The 2005 national conference was not based on the Will and representations of the people of Nigeria. Former President Obasanjo and the governors handpicked the delegates. The 2005 national conference was not the desire of the people of Nigeria.

“Under the planned national conference, there would be no second class citizen. This conference would be conducted based on the equality of all Nigerians.”

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 1:52pm On Jul 31, 2015
Demdem:

NC - National Conference

Don't let your hate for Jonathan kill you o! how did Jonathan repeat OBJ's experiment when these was given as the excuse to conduct another NC in Jonathans Era

"Gbonigi said that the 2005 national conference was not people’s conference as it did not discuss the peculiar needs and desires of various ethnic nationalities that made up Nigeria.

He said Nigerians would this time around have what he described as a “people’s conference” that would come up with “peoples decision.”

He said, “We are going to have a people’s conference that will come up with the people’s decision. We are going to have a conference that knows and understands one another. This conference will respect the peoples’ culture.”

Clark also said, “The 2005 national conference was not based on the Will and representations of the people of Nigeria. Former President Obasanjo and the governors handpicked the delegates. The 2005 national conference was not the desire of the people of Nigeria.

“Under the planned national conference, there would be no second class citizen. This conference would be conducted based on the equality of all Nigerians.”

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 1:57pm On Jul 31, 2015
Demdem:

NC - National Conference

That wasn't just a NC but SNC at least no one talked about dividing Nigeria at the conference so was an SNC except you have other meanings

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by merry02(m): 1:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
Demdem:

Just a question for u.........
What are the major differences BTW obj NC and last year NC?
ur question is nt explicit pls!
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 1:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
Chiaka:

This is what was said and the excuse for organizing another National conference under Jonathan Era

Am sorry but both Gbonigi and clark explanation doesn't fly and the conference didnt obviously take everyone along. They are both playing with words. We are talking of a conference that has a no-go area topics shocked shocked shocked how will u reconcile their statements with this singular reason.
Let me tell u this and i will be straight to the point..............
1) we need a conference that will determine if we Nigerians trully want to be together or not.
2) If No, the process of our disintegration.
3) If Yes, the basis for our togetherness
4) A proper;y constituted conference whose decisions wont be subjected to the NASS (that means it must be SNC)
Whatever imbalance u are afraid of now will be sorted out there and then. the NC never assured that for ur info. The moment Jonah-daft made it a no go area, i knew it was just another waste sojourn like OBjs.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 2:01pm On Jul 31, 2015
Chiaka:

That wasn't just a NC but SNC at least no one talked about dividing Nigeria at the conference so was an SNC except you have other meanings

why do u want to continue to build on a faulty foundation? why do we like deceiving ourselves in this country? Postponing the evil days indefinately. we have never for once had that opportunity to discuss the BASIS OF OUR TOGETHERNESS and u expect imbalance in the political sphere to end eh? i dont share ur thoughts.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 2:02pm On Jul 31, 2015
merry02:
ur question is nt explicit pls!

My point basically is the outcome of Objs NC should also befall Jonah-daft NC. they both didnt meet our fundamental needs.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 31, 2015
bugzbunny:
Blabbing fOols
God punish parasites
May lugard neva knw peace
Lubishhhhh

Including his concubine, Flora Shaw!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by exlinkleads(f): 2:05pm On Jul 31, 2015
aaa
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by merry02(m): 2:08pm On Jul 31, 2015
Demdem:

My point basically is the outcome of Objs NC should also befall Jonah-daft NC. they both didnt meet our fundamental needs.
I don't need to answer ur question since u v decided to show ur ignorance tru ur questions!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Spybradd: 2:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
Thunder fire the stuppid and never ever learning from history yorubas who brought these evil parasites to power again...bunch of useless and unproductive lot...
#SPLIT ZOOGERIA NOW.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by murmee: 2:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
Chiaka:

For those affected the Confab is a way to balance an imbalance system! surprising question is 'why is it only the north that's condemning the confab??!
Frankly speaking, this forced marriage called Nigeria is not working. I wonder why Tinubu cannot see that.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Soft10(m): 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2015
Make sense

www.gurusolution.wapka.mobi 4 more updates
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 2:11pm On Jul 31, 2015
merry02:
I don't need to answer ur question since u v decided to show ur ignorance tru ur questions!

dont be silly, u didnt answer because u simply dont have anything to say. OBJ organised a NC and Jonah-daft also organised another NC. in both instances, some sections were happy with the outcome of each one while some arent. what ignorance are u talking about? so far u made no point.
or u think since one section of the country is happy with it then it should be adopted right? how selfish.
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Happiness87(f): 2:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
phyllosilicate:
I am from the south south, and I support fiscal federalism. My is, if one is calling for a National dialogue, all regions should be fairly represented. And the delegate should be chosen by their people. Jonathan just hand picked people. Less call a spade a spade.
where did you get all these from, stop spreading false news, state governments were asked to nominate people, Gej never hand picked anyone get your facts right.

also saying that south Were more than north is a big lie

are you liar Mohammed's brother?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by richidinho(m): 2:14pm On Jul 31, 2015
OK but there were northerners in the confab.... I didn't see Jonathan debating in the confab

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Ephemmm: 2:14pm On Jul 31, 2015
merry02:
Is the report meant for one region?I think all regions,ethnics were represented in the conference now!what's jonathan confab report again?when ll Apc stop blaming jonathan?

Why are you asking self-answered question? Did you read the report at all? Do you pray to have a relative who will buy a land, build a foundation, erect the building but fail to put a finishing touches to it despite having enough resources to do so till the end of his life?

If you have problem when it comes to comprehension, the bolded part carved out from the article could be of help- “President Jonathan had ample opportunity to implement some of the policy issues or even forward some of the recommendations that require legal and constitutional amendments to the National Assembly, but did not do so"

God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Spybradd: 2:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
Demdem:

why do u want to continue to build on a faulty foundation? why do we like deceiving ourselves in this country? Postponing the evil days indefinately. we have never for once had that opportunity to discuss the BASIS OF OUR TOGETHERNESS and u expect imbalance in the political sphere to end eh? i dont share ur thoughts.

I truly wish you will continue like this!!!
very correct indeed...gej was truly annoying and.....but please,stop addressing him that way,you guys have to forge ahead and deal with whats on ground now...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 2:16pm On Jul 31, 2015
Agree with you that everything and everyone needs to be addressed inclusive of sovereignty

Demdem:

Am sorry but both Gbonigi and clark explanation doesn't fly and the conference didnt obviously take everyone along. They are both playing with words. We are talking of a conference that has a no-go area topics shocked shocked shocked how will u reconcile their statements with this singular reason.
1) we need a conference that will determine if we Nigerians trully want to be together or not.
4) A proper;y constituted conference whose decisions wont be subjected to the NASS (that means it must be SNC)
Whatever imbalance u are afraid of now will be sorted out there and then. the NC never assured that for ur info. The moment Jonah-daft made it a no go area, i knew it was just another waste sojourn like OBjs.
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 2:16pm On Jul 31, 2015
Agree with you that everything and everyone needs to be addressed inclusive of and exclusive off sovereignty
Demdem:

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by merry02(m): 2:17pm On Jul 31, 2015
Demdem:

dont be silly, u didnt answer because u simply dont have anything to say. OBJ organised a NC and Jonah-daft also organised another NC. what ignorance are u talking about? so far u made no point.
u remain ignorance as am concern..a good leader ll always pray for a godd successor which I see in Jonathan statesmanship...even if buhari decides to emback on another conference today,there is no how each region ll be duely represented..favoritism,nepotism still strieve nd causing decadence to Nigeria Nation building..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 2:18pm On Jul 31, 2015
Demdem:

Well I feel it should comprise and encompass all inclusive of the issue of being in sovereignty or NOT

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Spybradd: 2:19pm On Jul 31, 2015
Demdem:

demdem,i gotta say kudos to you
for this clear and straight to the point piece...nigeria needs nothing but a SNC..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by millionaireman: 2:21pm On Jul 31, 2015
The CONFAB restructured Nigeria politically in a democratic method to enable equitable political representation between old north and south of Nigeria.. Northern soldiers restructured Nigeria through military fiat. The 19 states and Abuja created by northern soldiers in the once one northern region now gives north overwhelming political representation, against the scanty political representation of the south owing to only 17 states created in the once two region south of Nigeria.

The stance of Arewa on the conference finally puts paid to the belief in some quarters that Arewa believes rest of Nigeria is an estate of Arewa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 2:24pm On Jul 31, 2015
Spybradd:

demdem,i gotta say kudos to you
for this clear and straight to the point piece...nigeria needs nothing but a SNC..

This has always been my position however i have a bad news for u. I dont expect an "Abokii" president will be the one to constitute such confab. It can only be from a southern President. We will continue to patch whatever we have currently. Jonah-daft had the oppurtunity, he blew it away.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by DMerciful(m): 2:24pm On Jul 31, 2015
Just out of curiosity read the recommendations of the confab,I promise you ur mindset will change if you truly believe in sustainable progress for Nigeria
Demdem:

The person u qouted made salient points. Read it again and u will appreciate it better. In otherwords, it's basically premature considering that MOST positions aren't being filled yet.
@ topic, the Confab was a waste. The APC govt now governing from the beginning were never in support and they gave their reasons then. It will be foolish for anyone to think the same APC will implement. Report is best shredded

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Algebra12: 2:24pm On Jul 31, 2015
phyllosilicate:
How would you know the North protested, so far there were many Igbos would you care?

You could have made your point without bringing Igbo into it, Mr. "south-south man"

The conference in addition to having reps from geo-political zones, also had reps from ethnic nationalities.
it will benefit you the more to go back and read the criteria for selection of delegates to that confab, rather than exhibiting your learned ignorance here in the name of equity.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock / We Are Disappointed In Roles Of Political Actors In Edo — US Embassy / Obaseki To Wike: We Won't Support Your 2023 Presidential Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.