Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF (25765 Views)

Uwazuruike Apologises To The North; Says Protests Politically Motivated / Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report / Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says Arewa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 4:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
kaycid77:

For the 1st time I give you a "like".... but u need to outgrow these vulgar names u call GEJ.... it will kill u one day

Has Jonah-daft apologized for calling leaders of a part of a country RASCALS? Pending that, the fool is simply reaping from what he sowed.
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by oyesjoy: 4:17pm On Jul 31, 2015
Is this country just for the northerns alone? Nigeria youth wake up, these old politicians have lived their lives, we shall be the ones to suffer, if we keep playing politics with our lives. Irrespective of our political affiliate, always say the truth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by nagoma(m): 4:17pm On Jul 31, 2015
omolami:
Meaning Arewa, the north is doing the north because same Confab was headed by a northerner and an Arewan..The wailing northerners

One person bought and paid for by the corrupt government cannot represent the north.
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by nagoma(m): 4:19pm On Jul 31, 2015
sokunji:
Really..I don't want to be disrespectful and call u a big fat liar, but what you said is far from the truth.. the confab consisted of equall number of people from the region. .and then representatives from all over the country and outside. .it had representative of people in diaspora, the police force, human right activist and so many others. .those representatives of various groups were selected irrespective of their tribe or region.

www.leadership.ng/news/352593/national-confab-jonathan-releases-list-492-delegates

mtscheeew. .pls look for another lie to defend your refusal to support a confab report that is important to our unity and growth as a nation.

Rubbish
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 31, 2015
afroniger:

Blame GEJ and not the APC which didn't support the whole confab to begin with. Obviously, Jonathan merely used the confab as a bargaining chip towards his reelection. He definitely could have sent it to a PDP-controlled national assembly to ensure its passage but chose to foot-drag for selfish purposes. It really pains me that he messed up that opportunity. It's naive to expect the APC to now do what he failed to do.

And you think it will be passed undecided, Northerners dont care about what party wants but what will benefit them first as a Northern unit, this is the area SS and SE need to adjust and think since SW has decided to be South spoilers. There are more languages in the North than the south but they have manage to unit while dividing South South and South East using South west as the joker

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by babestella: 4:22pm On Jul 31, 2015
EasternLion:
Who saw they are using North to say what they want to say?
We Arewa, we North.

But when it comes to us
.N/Delta, we Igbos, we Ijaws, SS, SE, Igbo nation.

Why not collectively answer East?
"Oh no, Igbo man wants our oil, Igbos will dominate us Niger Deltans".
Ok OK then use ur Original name Biafra.

"I am not Biafran oh, if u come to Cross River and shout Biafra, u will not go back alive".
"Biafra is for Igbos, we are N/Delta, I want resource control and amnesty money".

"Oh no, Nnamdi Kanu is spreading hate and seditious, we enlightened Igbos don't support him".

The North will always have their way.

This is eye opening for those who have brain to think. The North hates the confab report because they want oil, oil oil oil, yet they despise anything or anyone from Niger delta. The reason why they detest GEJ second term is because of oil blocks, precious stones worth millions in USD are mined in the North on a daily basis, where does the money go to? do they remit this money to the federal account? NO, but they are quick to claim one Nigeria because of Oil. I have said it I'm my last post, the danger is not yet totally averted, we are still play very strong ethnic card here, tension is silently high and it will surely lead to the violent break up of this nation if we don't thread with caution especially APC and Arewa.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 31, 2015
Demdem:

Has Jonah-daft apologized for calling leaders of a part of a country RASCALS? Pending that, the fool is simply reaping from what he sowed.

Look at what Remi tinubu is doing in the NASS, a lady fighting physically with men.... that is rascality, its not really a very bad name grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 4:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
kaycid77:

Look at what Remi tinubu is doing in the NASS, a lady fighting physically with men.... that is rascality, its not really a very bad name grin

Look at the legacy Jonah-daft bequeathed to us as a nation. by the time he was going, the fool was borrowing to pay salaries. isnt that a daft legacy? he surely lived to his name and will continue to do so. live with it. grin
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by superstar1(m): 4:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
millionaireman:
Some of my Yoruba friends do not seem to understand yet that so long as the 19 states and Abuja political structure remains in the north; with only 17 states in the entire south, a true son of Yoruba becoming president of Nigeria is a mirage; at best, when Arewa is tired of ruling, it shall appoint another Obasanjo-like president from Yorubaland.

One says this because each time the southeast asked for political restructuring, some Yoruba were the first to say that there are already too many states, so why bother to create more. Perhaps, they believed that only southeast zone is cheated by the five-states-only structure allowed by northern military dictators in the southeast area. But in truth, the five-states-only structure in the southeast area contributes a lot to deny adequate political representation to the entire south of Nigeria.

Why will the same Arewa leave the Igbos and fly to yorubaland to find someone to support, just like they did to Ekwueme despite how igbos have helped them in the past?

How can SE, that is not up to Kwara or Niger State be divided again?
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
Demdem:

why do u want to continue to build on a faulty foundation? why do we like deceiving ourselves in this country? Postponing the evil days indefinately. we have never for once had that opportunity to discuss the BASIS OF OUR TOGETHERNESS and u expect imbalance in the political sphere to end eh? i dont share ur thoughts.

Now this is your true age talking cool

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by nagoma(m): 4:27pm On Jul 31, 2015
Buhari has more important issues to attend to than implementing the warped report of wasteful unconstitutional jamboree with a misnomer of "national conference".
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by DMerciful(m): 4:28pm On Jul 31, 2015
Our president is not a powerful as you think. For instance the US President has the power of veto but a Nigerian President has no veto power, the national assembly always check him.
Demdem:

The kind of powers a Nigerian President has in his "federation" is such that no other President has (including the US) in their own federations. Our own President is just too powerful and with the right political will and sagacity, its not impossible
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
phyllosilicate:
I am from the south south, and I support fiscal federalism. My is, if one is calling for a National dialogue, all regions should be fairly represented. And the delegate should be chosen by their people. Jonathan just hand picked people. Less call a spade a spade.
you are simply a mendacious fellow,.you are far from the truth everyzone was fairly represented & GEJ was not responsible in selection process,..I guess u shut up ur ingnorant mouth,.you disguise to be from Southsouth which you are not,.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
bejeria101:
Awon oloshi,ara malu even if they hand naija over to them it would still anti-north. Bunch of cow benders.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by 2dillu2(m): 4:33pm On Jul 31, 2015
merry02:
what is ur take on buhari appointment so far?the same things persist.God ll see us tru
lol in Faka voice
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 4:34pm On Jul 31, 2015
DMerciful:
Our president is not a powerful as you think. For instance the US President has the power of veto but a Nigerian President has no veto power, the national assembly always check him.

Actually he has enormous powers. Under normal circumstance, why would he have to wait till the national assembly derail his wish? he can use his might in making sure he always have his way especially if the majority are ur party members
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 31, 2015
millionaireman:

If you do not how federal system is operated go ask questions. Deriving new federating units and political representation in a federal country is not based on land mass, but by equitable representation of the groups that agreed to join the federation at any time.

In the US, no soldier can divide the very large states of California or Texas into many states and derive more political representatives for the new states for the US Congress, without dividing other smaller states in equal multiples. But that is what exactly northern soldiers did in dividing one northern Nigeria into 19 states and Abuja, and sent more representatives than the once two regions south to the National Assembly.

That is fraud, and that is one of the cruxes of the current rebellion by cheated groups in the south.
cc: chessboard
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by sweetgala(m): 4:39pm On Jul 31, 2015
millionaireman:

You don't even understand why people continue to demand for states in the face of the reality that many of the existing states can't even pay salaries to civil servants. The existing political structure makes Nigeria a semblance of George Orwell's "Animal Farm" It must be restructured in a democracy.

Tinubu has been asking for true and fiscal federalism before APC, tell him to tell Buhari to implement true and fiscal federalism if you know how a pluralistic country like Nigeria is supposed to be run. Methinks, at one point, even Buhari preached for return of fiscal federalism to Nigeria. You are being fooled.
Idonbelieve you deserve any more response from me.

Pluralistic federalism and the creation on states are contradictory policies. Beyond the ethnic argument and the perceived injustice in the census you have not made any economic nor advantages of the creation of another state in an already balkanised landmass.

Some of the states that would give up their landmass to accommodate the new state are about the size of towns in Nigeria, can barely accommodate 3 functional local government. The is no good reason to have one more states in southern Nigeria, if at all some states need to be broken up in the north due to their sheer size.

I doubt you have looked at the Nigerian map lately
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Tripleclick(m): 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
phyllosilicate:
Prior to the commencement of the confab, I read several protest from the North that they were not fairly represented, Jonathan turned a blind eye. Can you imagine the 3 regions in the north were represented by 189 people, while the 3 regions of the south were represented by 303 delegates.
please go and learn how ethnic groups that r in d south, b4 talking
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
anataala:
this is my take
Jonathan Turns Nigeria into a Christian Country:
95% of Federal Appointments as heads of Parastatals / Agencies
were given to Christians as shown below.
The SGF, Service Chiefs (Army, Navy, Airfoce), 100% Ministers from Southern Nigeria are all Christians.
100% of Ministers from Yoruba Land are all Christians. 70% of his Ministers are
Christians in a secular country like Nigeria
Surely Jonathan is clearly against Muslims
S/N
PARASTATAL
NAME OF HEAD
1. NIMET
Dr. Anthony Anuforom
2. NNPC
Eng. Andrew Yakubu
3. NIMASA
Patrick Apobolokemi
4. PENCOM
Mrs. Chinelo Anohu Amazu
5. FERMA
Engr. Chukwu Amuchi
6. DPR
Mr. George Osahon
7. Bank Of Industry
Ms. Evelyn Oputu
8. Nigerian Content Dev. Agency
Ernest Nwanpa
9. Consumer Protection Agency
Mrs Dupe Atoki
10. NCC
Engr. Eugene Juwa
11. NAMA
Engr. Nnamdi Udoh
12. NCAA
Engr. Akikuotu
13. FAAN
George Uriesi
14. NCAT
Capt. Chinere Kalu
15. SEC
Aruma Otteh
16. Sovereign Wealth Fund
Uche Orji
17. NAFDAC
Dr Paul Orhil
18. FIIRO
Dr. Mrs. G. N Elemo
19. Maritime Academy Of Nigeria, Oron
Joshua Okpo
20. Railway Corporation
Eng. Seyi Sijuwade
21. Nigerian Tourism Dev. Corporation
Mrs. Sally Mbanefoh
22. Budget Office Of The Federation
Dr Bright Okogwu
23. NERDC
Prof. Godswill Obioma
24. NEXIM
Mr R. R Orya
25. Standard Organization Of Nigeria
Dr Joseph Odumodu
26. Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation
Emeka Nkem Mba
27. Industrial Training Fund
Prof. Longmas Wapmuk
28. National University Commission
Prof. Okojie
29. NESREA
Mrs. N.S Benebo
30. MDG Office
Dr. Precious Gbenio
31. Surveyor General Of The Federation
Peter Chigozie
32. Statistician General Of The Federation
Dr. Yemi Kale
33. Accountant General Of The Federation
Mr. Jonah Otunla
34. Auditor General Of The Federation
Samuel Yonongo Ukura
35. National Orientation Agency
Mike Omieri
36. News Agency Of Nigeria
Oluremi Oyo
37. NEPC E/S
David I Adulugba
38. NEPZA
Mr Olugbenga Kuye
39. BPP
Engr Emeka Eze
40. BPE
Benjamin Ezra Dikki
41. FHA
Arc. Sever Gemade
42. NOSREA
Sir Peter Idabor
43. FRSC
Osita Chidoka
44. National Population Commission
Festus Odumegbum
45. NYSC
Brig. Gen N. T Okorie Attiah
46. PPRA
Stanley Reginal
47. Petroleum Equalization Fund
Mrs. Adefunke Sharon Kasati
48. PTDF
Dr. Wole Oluleye
49. Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Agency
Dr. Sam Amadi
50. Nigeria Security Civil Defense Corpse
Dr. Ade Abolurin
51. Immigration Services
Mr. David Paradang
52. State Security Services
Ita Ekpeyong
53. Chairman Federal Civil Service Commission
Deaconess Joan O. Ayo
54. Debt Management Office
Dr. Abraham Nwankwo
55.NAICOM
Fola Daniel
56. National Identity Card Management Agency
Chris Onyemenam
57. National Intelligence Agency
Ezekiel Olaniyi Oladeji
58. Nigerian Sugar Development Council
59. National Board For Technical Education
Dr. Olatunde Awotokun
61. Joint Admission And Matriculation Board
Prof Dibu Ojerinde
62. Revenue Mobilization Fiscal Allocation
Engr Elias N. Mbam
63. NAPTIP
Mrs Beatrice E. Jedyagba
64. National Salaries, Income Wages
R.O Ebule
65. National Eye Centre, Kaduna
Dr. D.O. Adejor
66. National Human Right Commission
Prof. Ben Angue
67. National Agency For Control Of Hiv/Aids
Prof. John Idoko
68. Boarder Community Dev. Agency
Engr Numoipre Wills
69. National Council For Arts Culture
Mr. Mwaajin Malgwi
70. National Cereal Research Institute Baddegi
Dr. Anthony Ochigbo
71. National Productivity Centre
Dr. Paul Bidlhjoh
72. National Institute For Cultural Orientation
Dr. Barclays Fubiri
73. National Institute For Advance Legal Studies
Prof. Epiphany Azinge
74. Teachers Registration Council
Prof. A.M. Nwokocha
75. National Centre For Agric Mechanization
Engr. I.I. Azogu
76. Legal Aid Council
Mr. J.S.Bob Manuel
77. Niger Delta Dev. Commission
Christian Oboh
78. National Power Training Institute
Engr Ruben Okeke
79. Raw Materials Research Dev. Council
Prof. A.P. Onwualu
80. National Examination Council
Prof. Promise N. Okpala...

APC confirmed that the SE should not panic because of PMB appointment because there are about 600 federal appointments and you just mention 80 and said its 70 %, now you are bringing in Religion and not even ethnic..... and i guess you are a Yoruba Muslim, ministers were nominated by govs., stop spreading hatred think of ur generation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by uprightman(m): 4:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
phyllosilicate:
on Buhari appointment, I can't say for now until he has constituted his cabinet. We are not been fair on Him, I think. Buhari has mostly appointed security positions and in this type of appointments, you appoint those you trust. Like I said before, I am from SS, if I am the president today, do you expect my ADC, SCO, NSA, head of DSS, Chief of Army staff should come from the North? Or you want make hypertension kill me?
Jonathan appointed southerners in all this key security positions when he was elected, why people didn't notice was because he appointed his ministers along with them.
Gambo dasuki is southerner. Nsa. to gej
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2015
fkaz:

SOUT East has never Shown Interest IN Regional government. All what they are Running after is additional state, which will Be very difficult for them to realise
Thats is not true....the truth is that they were using one stone hunting for two birds, Regional government and additional state in case the 1st didnt pull tru.... they agree with Afenefere to champion it while they back it up.
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2015
millionaireman:

It is unimaginable any of the six zones that can now vote for return to regional government system after long years of the states enjoying autonomy - freedom from control by the structures of the old regions. That's why the southeast asks for additional state. But because it was difficult to carry all Nigeria along to create just only one state for the southeast, the CONFAB had to create more states to placate other groups asking for new states. The new states recommended by the CONFAB is expensive, but a difficult pain Nigeria has to endure to be freed from centrifugal forces aiming to tear it apart.

Are the numerous northern states already created are expensive! worst still they are mostly non viable just created to siphon Nigeria purse
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Classicool(m): 4:53pm On Jul 31, 2015
Demdem:

Am sorry but both Gbonigi and clark explanation doesn't fly and the conference didnt obviously take everyone along. They are both playing with words. We are talking of a conference that has a no-go area topics shocked shocked shocked how will u reconcile their statements with this singular reason.
Let me tell u this and i will be straight to the point..............
1) we need a conference that will determine if we Nigerians trully want to be together or not.
2) If No, the process of our disintegration.
3) If Yes, the basis for our togetherness
4) A proper;y constituted conference whose decisions wont be subjected to the NASS (that means it must be SNC)
Whatever imbalance u are afraid of now will be sorted out there and then. the NC never assured that for ur info. The moment Jonah-daft made it a no go area, i knew it was just another waste sojourn like OBjs.
Bro... You got it jare... Don't mind them...
But an adage yoruba says that "Ti aba ri adan ale fi Onbe Sebo" which means if the govt implements the GEJ CONfab reports I think it will give room for SNC...
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by millionaireman: 4:59pm On Jul 31, 2015
sweetgala:

Pluralistic federalism and the creation on states are contradictory policies. Beyond the ethnic argument and the perceived injustice in the census you have not made any economic nor advantages of the creation of another state in an already balkanised landmass.

Some of the states that would give up their landmass to accommodate the new state are about the size of towns in Nigeria, can barely accommodate 3 functional local government. The is no good reason to have one more states in southern Nigeria, if at all some states need to be broken up in the north due to their sheer size.

I doubt you have looked at the Nigerian map lately

Quote below is you - sweetgala's - reply to an Igbo in a recent thread:

{You Biafra clown, why don't you start a war.. Your sure death beacons .. You'll be food for crows and vultures soon enough.

Bloody swine

Don't try reply me I've more better things to do than have an e-tussle with your silly self}.

Unquote.

and now, lemme warn you:
Don't quote me again, else, Amadioha shall rattle your parasitic head. Ewu parasite. How many years more would you want to remain a parasite through the uncountable number of states and local govt councils proliferated by force in the north?
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by onoja12: 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2015
OF COURSE WE KNOW WHO WAS THE CHAIRMAN(PUPPET),EDWIN CLARK DESIGN THE AGENDA FOR THE CONFERENCE AND YOU CAN REMEMBER AT THE END THE RECOMMENDATION WERE DONE IN HIS HOUSE AND THEN THEY TRIED YOU GET IT PASSED ON THE FINAL DAY WHICH THE NORTH REJECTED BUT THEY STILL PASSED IT ANYWAY.LET US BE HONEST THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA IS THAT WE DON'T LIKE TELLING OURSELF THE TRUTH

Chiaka:

So Edwin clark was the chairman of the confab ?? for your info, it was a northerner!
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by onoja12: 5:03pm On Jul 31, 2015
I advice you go and read about the events then

Vanquay:
Justice should be dished Hot. But they wail too much. I know little about this conference politics and stuff undecided
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 31, 2015
superstar1:

Why will the same Arewa leave the Igbos and fly to yorubaland to find someone to support, just like they did to Ekwueme despite how igbos have helped them in the past?

How can SE, that is not up to Kwara or Niger State be divided again?

Where did you get the bold.....even at that you can also say
Nigeria is not up to a quarter of Niger also undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Lawsimon(m): 5:05pm On Jul 31, 2015
bugzbunny:
Blabbing fOols God punish parasites May lugard neva knw peace Lubishhhhh
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by daniella04: 5:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
phyllosilicate:
Prior to the commencement of the confab, I read several protest from the North that they were not fairly represented, Jonathan turned a blind eye. Can you imagine the 3 regions in the north were represented by 189 people, while the 3 regions of the south were represented by 303 delegates.
sorry to say this but it seems the northerners are the problem we have in Nigeria none of them has ever come out to scream that they benefit more than other regions but whenever the issue of making things equal so others we benefit they scream anti north

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari In Washington DC (VIDEO), Defies Critics / House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy / Jubilation In Kano On Affirmation Of Governor Abba Yusuf By The Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.