Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,065 members, 7,807,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

This Revelation Will Shock You... - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / This Revelation Will Shock You... (579 Views)

This Photos Of The World Biggest Snake Will Shock You - SEE PHOTOS / This Pic Will Shock You / Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Revelation Will Shock You... by samblessed: 1:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
Could it be that there is really power in our tongue?
Do our words have power to become a reality in our lives or are they just a mere coincidence to a resemblance of what we had beforehand spoken? These and many more keeps begging for answers on this subject.
Below are a list of several events with real people concerned; they spoke words before it became a physical reality.

Ex wife of Michael Jackson,Lisa Presley recalled a conversation he had with the pop star several years before he died. After he was told the circumstances of her father's death (Elvis Presley), MJ had replied "I am afraid I am going to end up like him, the way he did." It happend just as he had spoken. (www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/5654813/Michael-Jackson-feared-he-would-die-like-Elvis-Presley.html)

In an interview with Withney Houston on the death of Michael Jackson, hear her words regarding her fate ..."I was getting scared,"
she admitted. "I was looking at myself going,
'No, I don't want this to be like this. This can't
happen. Not both of us.'" (https://www.yahoo.com/music/bp/whitney-houston-chilling-comments-michael-jackson-185049984.html).

I read an article online about a guy who had just lost a very close friend. In his tribute to his friend, here is what he wrote..."...Rest on hommie, we
shal come. WE WILL COME." Few days later he was found dead. (lindaikeji..com/2013/12/power-of-tongue-read-how-two-friends.html?m=1)
I still ask, could all this be a mere co-incidence or that indeed our words have power as the bible rightly declares. Read more shocking discoveries...

. In 2013, Mrs Jane while celebrating the father's birthday at age 100 shared with a church congregation, tales on how the father used to tell them when they where kids, that he'll be so old such that people would be coming around to see a very old man just the way people visit the zoo. The man is still alive till date and very old.

A pastor shared a testimony of how his car broke down in the middle of a deserted road, at about 12am. His family was in the car with him. The wife was already panicking. When he realised it was a battery problem, he said to the wife, confidently and in faith, "someone would come here with a battery and help us out". Few minutes later, they saw a baba (elderly man) coming out from 'only God knows where' with a battery on his right shoulder and asked why they were stuck on the road at a dangerous time of the night. He helped start the car with his battery and left instantly! Another co-incindence?

In 2006, I had a friend, Niyi who would always say, he envied the dead coz they don't have any problem to worry about. Few years later, he started having nightmares of death. He would often see himself by the graveyard in the dream. He cried seriously to God in prayer for deliverance. He told me that he heard a whisper in his heart one day telling him to change his confessions of death to life if he really wants to experience old age. He repented of those negative talks about envying the dead and started speaking life. This is 4th year since the nightmares ceased.

The Holy bible declared in Proverbs 18:21, "death and Life is in the power of the tongue....". Our words have power in them; we can talk our lives into progress, prosperity or a good life or we can talk our selves into death, sickness, dangers or misfortune. The choice is yours.
Kindly share an experience here with us on this. subject of 'Power in the words we speak.'

1 Share

Re: This Revelation Will Shock You... by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
undecided
Re: This Revelation Will Shock You... by ladyF(f): 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
grin
Re: This Revelation Will Shock You... by ThimmyWood(m): 1:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
Thank you poster. This got me thinking hard on how I've used words negatively on myself. I think it's high time I changed.

1 Like

Re: This Revelation Will Shock You... by Jannie1999(f): 2:06pm On Jul 31, 2015
Real

(1) (Reply)

Soldiers who went AWOL Recalled / Man Bounces Back To Life After Three Days In Morgue (picture) / #throwbackfriday Upload ur Throw Back And Present Pictures Lets See d Diffrence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.