Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,793 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Anambra Governor Again On News, Unbelivable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Governor Again On News, Unbelivable (1280 Views)

Handover Of Agulu Lake Hotel To Golden Tulip By Anambra Governor Obiano (Photos) / Amnesty Urges Nigeria's Anambra Governor To Investigate Pro-biafra Deaths / Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Governor Again On News, Unbelivable by tonychristopher: 3:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
I keep telling people that oil does not make a country rich what makes people rich is the human capital I keep telling people that access to ocean doesntr make country rich, if access to ocean makes country rich maybe somalia, sudan, Nigeria, Ghana, Sao Tome would be the richest country maybe oman will be richer but the richest and the most prosperous country in EU is landlocked and they are Luxembourg and Switzerland and these countries have the highest GDP in western Europe yet they have no oil they have no access to ocean.

To bring this argument home, Anambra my home state have proved this theory to be truth from the most educated state, a state that have the highest concentration of millionaire in sub Saharan Africa, a state that have the most intellectual to a state that have the highest can do spirit and business owners, yet just like Luxembourg they don’t have oil or do I say oil in great quantity, the citizens like me care less about oil but care more about how to do the next deal or the next region to exploit. Anambra state governor, Willie Obiano has increased the salary of state workers by 16%. He announced the increase in salary during the Civil Service day celebration in Awka the state capital yesterday July 30th.

This is state that had surplus where others are broke, states that bought up other states bonds like Osun, Ondo et al. This is a state that turned education around by 360 degrees. Yes they might say these Anambra dudes beat their chest or blow their trumpets, yes it might be true but the fact is that they have the right to do so. When you look back and understand how far you have come in life, at least just like the proverbial lizard that fell from Iroko tree, what you do is nod your head. I think these peeps from Anambra deserve that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Governor Again On News, Unbelivable by REALORGASM(f): 3:10pm On Jul 31, 2015
ok
Re: Anambra Governor Again On News, Unbelivable by AskProf: 3:11pm On Jul 31, 2015
The original A State, my home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Governor Again On News, Unbelivable by Bugatie(m): 3:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
REALORGASM:
ok

Funny name
Re: Anambra Governor Again On News, Unbelivable by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
Anambra state my home smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Governor Again On News, Unbelivable by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:14pm On Jul 31, 2015
Anambra adibago mma, nye aka ka odi mma..

#AnambraGoesMe

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Governor Again On News, Unbelivable by CSTR2: 3:18pm On Jul 31, 2015
Anambara is probably the most feasible and best ran state in the country. Increasing salaries by a whooping 16% in an unproductive country like Nigeria is a big deal indeed.
A crude economic symbol of what biafra should look like.
Re: Anambra Governor Again On News, Unbelivable by yang(m): 3:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
there is still a lot of things we need to do in anambra

We need to start planning our enviroment, towns, villages and cities properly

we need to invest in trams and inter city trains

we need to invest in social security for the elderly

we need to invest in sports by building a lot of parks and sporting facilities in Neighborhoods
so people can maintain a healthy lifestyle and live healthy

we need to strenghthen our town unions through ASATU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Governor Again On News, Unbelivable by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 31, 2015
A lot of investment is happening in Anambra and more are coming. The state GDP will grow from investments in Agriculture and industry. By the time the gas wells at Igbariam are developed to power industries, Anambra will be unstoppable. I hope this purposeful leadership initiated from Ngige era through Obiano will persist and also give rise to leadership eras of similar kind.
Re: Anambra Governor Again On News, Unbelivable by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:54pm On Jul 31, 2015
Anambra State Increases Workers Salaries, While Others State Are Looking For Bailout –

Governor Obiano says: “A few weeks after I was sworn in as your governor, we took bold steps to look into the difficulties workers were having in transporting themselves to Awka from various parts of the state. “Similarly, less than one year into my administration, we
increased workers’ salaries by 15%. “I also assured you that I would do more if our Internally Generated Revenue grows.

Interestingly, we increased salaries at a time when oil prices were crashing and governments were looking for bailouts. “In spite of the prevailing difficulties, we have kept our promise to always pay your salaries regularly.”

http://dailymail.com.ng/anambra-state-increases-workers-salaries-while-others-are-looking-for-bailout-governor-obiano/
Re: Anambra Governor Again On News, Unbelivable by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
tonychristopher : I think it is 15% not 16%...thanks
Re: Anambra Governor Again On News, Unbelivable by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2015
While APC States like Osun, Borno, Imo, etc look for a Jonathan or PDP to blame for their self inflicted woes...Anambra being the Light of the Nation keeps shining brighter
Re: Anambra Governor Again On News, Unbelivable by tonychristopher: 4:04pm On Jul 31, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
tonychristopher : I think it is 15% not 16%...thanks

noted bro
Re: Anambra Governor Again On News, Unbelivable by Orjioorji(f): 4:06pm On Jul 31, 2015
I won't mind if my state governor mallam Rochas should take a 6 months break to Anambra for tutorial on leadership.
Re: Anambra Governor Again On News, Unbelivable by tonychristopher: 4:20pm On Jul 31, 2015
Orjioorji:
I won't mind if my state governor mallam Rochas should take a 6 months break to Anambra for tutorial on leadership.

THAT CRASH COURSE WILL BE GREAT FOR HIM
Re: Anambra Governor Again On News, Unbelivable by tonychristopher: 4:21pm On Jul 31, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
While APC States like Osun, Borno, Imo, etc look for a Jonathan or PDP to blame for their self inflicted woes...Anambra being the Light of the Nation keeps shining brighter

ANAMBRA HAS THE BEST OF BOTH WORLD

NETHER APC NOT PDP

JUST LONE RANGER DOING THEIR THINGS
Re: Anambra Governor Again On News, Unbelivable by kokoA(m): 4:26pm On Jul 31, 2015
Please, can somebody tell us about the state of the Greenfield refinery commissioned by the former governor of the state?

(1) (Reply)

Mother Punishes Her Kids..makes Them To Pick Pin (photo) / Happening Now:Protest In Ondo State By Workers Over Non Payment Of Salaries(Pics / Yoruba Have Made More Sacrifices For Nigeria's Survival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.