Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

ISIS Seen Undermining Islamic Faith As More Muslims Convert To Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ISIS Seen Undermining Islamic Faith As More Muslims Convert To Christianity (1119 Views)

Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? / Are Yorubas More Muslims Than Christains / Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ISIS Seen Undermining Islamic Faith As More Muslims Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 31, 2015
According to a recent Pew Research Center study, Christianity and Islam will be near parity by 2050, with Christians expected to comprise 31.4 percent of the planet's population against 29.7 percent who follow Islam.

The study said Islam will grow more than twice as fast as any other major religion over the next half century because of a higher fertility rate in Muslim dominated countries.

However, Muslims frightened by the inhumane acts by the ISIS, which the militants claim they are doing in the name of their god Allah, are now questioning their very own faith, and presumably considering to leave it, CBS News reported on Friday.

This is backed by testimonies from missionaries working in the Islamic world who noted that more Muslims have converted to Christianity in the last 14 years since the devastating Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the US. The number of converts in the recent period, they said, is greater than during the entire 14 centuries of Islamic history.

"Many Muslims are saying, 'If ISIS is Islam, I'm leaving.' Some are becoming atheists," said Brother Rachid, who hosts a Christian program reaching Muslims called "Daring Questions" in Arabic language. "There is a huge wave of atheism in the Arab world right now and many are turning to Jesus Christ. Islam was never faced with this crisis before."

"Islam is going to collapse," added Brother Rachid, whose father is a Moroccan imam who lived as a secret Christian convert for 15 years.

Pastor Fouad Rasho of Angered Alliance Church in Sweden, who has baptized more than a hundred former Muslims, maintained that ISIS causes many Muslims to come to Jesus.

"Every week I meet one or more persons who come to me and want to know more about Christianity and the Bible because they are very angry about being a Muslim. They don't want to continue to be Muslim," said Imran, who is also an immigrant from Syria.

Many converts keep their shift in religion a secret, fearing for their lives and for being an outcast. Imram (not his real name), a British college student from a Pakistani immigrant family, said leaving Islam is tough.

"If someone leaves Islam and becomes an apostate, he is thrown out of his family; his family will be the first ones to abandon him," he said. "His friends will reject him and he will be killed or he will be persecuted. A lot of my friends said, 'This is the last time I'm talking to you because you disrespected the prophet Mohammed, you disrespected Islam.'"

source: http://www.christiantoday.com/article/isis.seen.undermining.islamic.faith.as.more.muslims.convert.to.christianity/55622.htm

Re: ISIS Seen Undermining Islamic Faith As More Muslims Convert To Christianity by Eeser: 3:24pm On Jul 31, 2015
Heard
Re: ISIS Seen Undermining Islamic Faith As More Muslims Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 31, 2015
kiss
Re: ISIS Seen Undermining Islamic Faith As More Muslims Convert To Christianity by Demmzy15(m): 3:29pm On Jul 31, 2015
grin grin cheesy grin cheesy Jagoon aka jargons the jaguar, is it desperation that makes you create threads of the same topic in just 3days?! grin

1 Like

Re: ISIS Seen Undermining Islamic Faith As More Muslims Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 31, 2015
Demmzy15:
grin grin cheesy grin cheesy Jagoon aka jargons the jaguar, is it desperation that makes you create threads of the same topic in just 3days?! grin

We are waiting to hear your conversion story tongue
Re: ISIS Seen Undermining Islamic Faith As More Muslims Convert To Christianity by Demmzy15(m): 3:44pm On Jul 31, 2015
Jagoon:

We are waiting to hear your conversion story tongue
grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ISIS Seen Undermining Islamic Faith As More Muslims Convert To Christianity by farem: 3:47pm On Jul 31, 2015
Islam has got no chance without sword! I pity those who are defending it in Nigeria. They should go and ask their forebear who first converted, they will be shocked that at least 90%;of them succumbed to the blazing sword of uthman dan fodio
Re: ISIS Seen Undermining Islamic Faith As More Muslims Convert To Christianity by Demmzy15(m): 3:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
farem:
Islam has got no chance without sword! I pity those who are defending it in Nigeria. They should go and ask their forebear who first converted, they will be shocked that at least 90%;of them succumbed to the blazing sword of uthman dan fodio
If you don't know Uthman bin Foodee(Dan Fodio) ask, rather than spreading lies and hatred.
Re: ISIS Seen Undermining Islamic Faith As More Muslims Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2015
Demmzy15:

If you don't know Uthman bin Foodee(Dan Fodio) ask, rather than spreading lies and hatred.

We know him very well, he was an islamic terrorist who spread the curse of islam across Northern Nigeria.
Re: ISIS Seen Undermining Islamic Faith As More Muslims Convert To Christianity by Demmzy15(m): 6:08pm On Jul 31, 2015
Jagoon:

We know him very well, he was an islamic terrorist who spread the curse of islam across Northern Nigeria.
Mr. Man no need to make noise, let's compare his life with that of Constantine, hope you're willing to take the challenge?
Re: ISIS Seen Undermining Islamic Faith As More Muslims Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 31, 2015
Demmzy15:

Mr. Man no need to make noise, let's compare his life with that of Constantine, hope you're willing to take the challenge?

bring it on kiss
Re: ISIS Seen Undermining Islamic Faith As More Muslims Convert To Christianity by Demmzy15(m): 6:20pm On Jul 31, 2015
Jagoon:

bring it on kiss
Oya make we start now?! cool
Re: ISIS Seen Undermining Islamic Faith As More Muslims Convert To Christianity by mustymatic(m): 6:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
Jagoon:
According to a recent Pew Research Center study, Christianity and Islam will be near parity by 2050, with Christians expected to comprise 31.4 percent of the planet's population against 29.7 percent who follow Islam.

The study said Islam will grow more than twice as fast as any other major religion over the next half century because of a higher fertility rate in Muslim dominated countries.

However, Muslims frightened by the inhumane acts by the ISIS, which the militants claim they are doing in the name of their god Allah, are now questioning their very own faith, and presumably considering to leave it, CBS News reported on Friday.

This is backed by testimonies from missionaries working in the Islamic world who noted that more Muslims have converted to Christianity in the last 14 years since the devastating Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the US. The number of converts in the recent period, they said, is greater than during the entire 14 centuries of Islamic history.

"Many Muslims are saying, 'If ISIS is Islam, I'm leaving.' Some are becoming atheists," said Brother Rachid, who hosts a Christian program reaching Muslims called "Daring Questions" in Arabic language. "There is a huge wave of atheism in the Arab world right now and many are turning to Jesus Christ. Islam was never faced with this crisis before."

"Islam is going to collapse," added Brother Rachid, whose father is a Moroccan imam who lived as a secret Christian convert for 15 years.

Pastor Fouad Rasho of Angered Alliance Church in Sweden, who has baptized more than a hundred former Muslims, maintained that ISIS causes many Muslims to come to Jesus.

"Every week I meet one or more persons who come to me and want to know more about Christianity and the Bible because they are very angry about being a Muslim. They don't want to continue to be Muslim," said Imran, who is also an immigrant from Syria.

Many converts keep their shift in religion a secret, fearing for their lives and for being an outcast. Imram (not his real name), a British college student from a Pakistani immigrant family, said leaving Islam is tough.

"If someone leaves Islam and becomes an apostate, he is thrown out of his family; his family will be the first ones to abandon him," he said. "His friends will reject him and he will be killed or he will be persecuted. A lot of my friends said, 'This is the last time I'm talking to you because you disrespected the prophet Mohammed, you disrespected Islam.'"

source: http://www.christiantoday.com/article/isis.seen.undermining.islamic.faith.as.more.muslims.convert.to.christianity/55622.htm
9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB
Re: ISIS Seen Undermining Islamic Faith As More Muslims Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 31, 2015
mustymatic:

9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB

The lies muslims tell themselves to defend their cult.
Re: ISIS Seen Undermining Islamic Faith As More Muslims Convert To Christianity by mustymatic(m): 8:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
Jagoon:

ABI? ARE THEY MUSLIMS TOO?
www.cnn.com/2015/02/03/intl_world/amanpour-didier-francois/
Re: ISIS Seen Undermining Islamic Faith As More Muslims Convert To Christianity by mustymatic(m): 8:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
Jagoon:

Just like the OP.
Talking about cult, looking at how worship is perfomd in churches by pastors, one will say which one is cult.
Re: ISIS Seen Undermining Islamic Faith As More Muslims Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 31, 2015
Islam in it's purest form as practised by mohamed(shit be upon him)

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Women Feed Christian Inmates At Kaduna Prison- News24 / Rapture Has Taken Place Already (real Proof) / How To Interpret Dreams & Visions Part 3 By Segun Olumide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.