Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,861 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners - Career (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners (127874 Views)

Poll: Which option of Electrical Engineering do you prefer?

Electronics and Telecoms: 68% (203 votes)
Power and Machinery: 28% (84 votes)
Lecturing: 3% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. / Marine Engineering Aspirants And Practitioners: Any Future? / Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Bezed(m): 5:35pm On Feb 01, 2013
Good day all, I'm currently a final year. Student in EEE, and kindly asking for advice on a good project topic, that I can work on.. Thanks all
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by seek007: 6:22pm On Mar 29, 2013
hi there.
which are in EEE do u prefer? power, control or communication electronics?
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by AK481(m): 9:20pm On Apr 16, 2013
Hi yall,what's up and how have you being,when this topic was opened I was in the early stage of the university studying my dream course(electrical engineering of course!)

Today,I am a pround graduate of Electrical Engineering from the University of Nigeria Nsukka with an above average grade(if u will understand).
Bt after Nysc the joy of an undergraduate jacking tharaja,gupta,sadiku and ogata have suddenly disappeared,so sad!

The truth is our career path is not an easy path for fresh graduate irrespective of your class of degree,I have attended some test and interviews bt I ve never being called for an engineering test or interview.I love engineering with passion to the extent that I am one of the few graduate member of nigeria society of engineer that joined during service.

My fellow established engineers,I understand the essence of networking,so I am pleading with y'all to help or link me to an avenue where I can have the prospect of working as an engineering trainee.

Thanks.

My Email is tommyhycinth@yahoo.com.
My number is .....(Due to scamer's disturbance it will be withheld).please if u will help me,pls link up with me via my Email address.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Ubechu1(m): 11:12am On Jun 20, 2013
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by klems4real: 1:41am On Jul 16, 2013
Wow! This is one of the best threads in this forum. May God bless the brain behind this. I would like to appreciate all the contributors either by asking questions or by answering the questions asked by members. May God bless you all. Am also a graduate of Electrical/Electronics. From what have seen so far in our institutions. We lack practical knowledge irrespective of your class of degree.... We are very good at that theoritical side of things but not always true in the practical side of it.... So what is the way forward? Here is the little secret that I have discovered....get yourself equipped practically, for certainly opportunities would come. There is a time to be trained and there is also a time to make money from what you were trained on... For the fresh elect/elect graduates, this might sound humiliating but it will surely pay off... Locate a new building around you that the electrical wiring work is yet to commence, dialog with the electricians there to assit them without even being paid and tell them your intention to learn the practical side of things. Believe me, with your seriousness and commitment, it wont even take you up to 3months to know these things. With this little knowledge, when an opportunity comes which will certainly come for a job interview, you would be so confident to express yourself and convince them why you should be employed...... Sorry to say this, most fresh elect/elect grads can't even answer this question: HOW DO YOU WIRE A HOUSE/BUILDING?... I was also a victim then...lol.
Who knows, you can also be bidding for small wiring contracts which can fetch you money for the time being while still searching for other opportunies. God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by lin3r2(m): 12:34pm On Jul 19, 2013
Hello, i am new to this thread and i must say i really love what i am seeing.
i finished secondary school in 2003 and due to some issues i couldn't further my education into the university. between then and now i worked and ended up loving computers and gadget. i repaired phones without going for any training and opened a shop of my own and i was doing well. But as time went on i saw myself doing better in Sound production, so i decided to explore it and found out that i had this joy in sound production (that is live sound event production) so i am thinking of making it a career. Now my question. is there any possibility that studying EEE will help me in this field that i have decided to take as a career? if yes, whats the best way to go about it? if no, what can i study that will help this career but not limit me within its confine. Please i really need your advise. I hope you understand my question. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by AK481(m): 8:49am On Jul 20, 2013
Ubechu1: whats the difference b/w electrical and electronics engineering,because in UNN,they do them seperately,and i would want to knw the job opportunities awaiting them....

Good question......

Well,electronics is a branch of electrical engineering that deals with "mostly low voltage"..*power electronics is an exception*

Electrical engineering is the design and creation of any machine the uses or produces electricity,it s branches includes power(unfortunately myopic views tends to equate power engineering to electrical engineering),control,electronics,elect machines,power electronics etc.

It was the misconception of equating power to electricity that brought the electrical and electronics.
In short,electrical was coined from electricity.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by AK481(m): 8:54am On Jul 20, 2013
lin3r2: Hello, i am new to this thread and i must say i really love what i am seeing.
i finished secondary school in 2003 and due to some issues i couldn't further my education into the university. between then and now i worked and ended up loving computers and gadget. i repaired phones without going for any training and opened a shop of my own and i was doing well. But as time went on i saw myself doing better in Sound production, so i decided to explore it and found out that i had this joy in sound production (that is live sound event production) so i am thinking of making it a career. Now my question. is there any possibility that studying EEE will help me in this field that i have decided to take as a career? if yes, whats the best way to go about it? if no, what can i study that will help this career but not limit me within its confine. Please i really need your advise. I hope you understand my question. Thanks a lot.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by AK481(m): 8:56am On Jul 20, 2013
klems4real: Wow! This is one of the best threads in this forum. May God bless the brain behind this. I would like to appreciate all the contributors either by asking questions or by answering the questions asked by members. May God bless you all. Am also a graduate of Electrical/Electronics. From what have seen so far in our institutions. We lack practical knowledge irrespective of your class of degree.... We are very good at that theoritical side of things but not always true in the practical side of it.... So what is the way forward? Here is the little secret that I have discovered....get yourself equipped practically, for certainly opportunities would come. There is a time to be trained and there is also a time to make money from what you were trained on... For the fresh elect/elect graduates, this might sound humiliating but it will surely pay off... Locate a new building around you that the electrical wiring work is yet to commence, dialog with the electricians there to assit them without even being paid and tell them your intention to learn the practical side of things. Believe me, with your seriousness and commitment, it wont even take you up to 3months to know these things. With this little knowledge, when an opportunity comes which will certainly come for a job interview, you would be so confident to express yourself and convince them why you should be employed...... Sorry to say this, most fresh elect/elect grads can't even answer this question: HOW DO YOU WIRE A HOUSE/BUILDING?... I was also a victim then...lol.
Who knows, you can also be bidding for small wiring contracts which can fetch you money for the time being while still searching for other opportunies. God bless you all.

I think that I do not suscribe to ur advice,there is a reason our syllabus was designed like that.....
I think an undergraduate can only do that wen he is free and have spare time,priority should be placed on ur class of degree first,a practically unexposed 2:1 is better than a practically exposed 2:2,any reasonable industry employing u will train u before giving u job.
Well going to join electrician to wire house is good,but it is just an added advantage.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by klems4real: 7:24am On Jul 21, 2013
AK 48:

I think that I do not suscribe to ur advice,there is a reason our syllabus was designed like that.....
I think an undergraduate can only do that wen he is free and have spare time,priority should be placed on ur class of degree first,a practically unexposed 2:1 is better than a practically exposed 2:2,any reasonable industry employing u will train u before giving u job.
Well going to join electrician to wire house is good,but it is just an added advantage.

Well, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. So, it does not matter whether you subscribe to it or not. My advice was to those graduates who are at home just searching for jobs and doing nothing about it because of the limited job opportunities in the country and probably not knowing how to remedy the situation. The issue of a practically unexposed 2:1 being better than a practically exposed 2:2 is laughable, this is because most of these 2:1 guys sorted their way there.. These days, it is what you KNOW and what you can DO that matters. Though, one should strive for at least 2:1. But, in the event where that is not possible. It does not mean that you are written off. All am saying is, get yourself equipped from any good source you possibly can irrespective of your grade. Do not always wait for the companies to pick you up and train. That might take long. Graduates are coming out of schools everyday. Only personal effort and self-development can distinquish you from the crowd. Thanks
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by alotofgrace(m): 11:47pm On Aug 18, 2013
Thanks,sir, for the hammer on bent nails......the truth is......am kinda confused! knowing what one really wants is the biggest prob I'm facing now. am a 2.1 grad of ee major in telecoms. am considering instrumentation and control as PG programme wen am ready. I lov anything critical thinking and that's y I enrolled for assembly language, c programming and vb.net all for embedded systems. I kinda see all these ccna, oracle, web design as jobs for computer science grads! I really want to be Happy with what I do buh I find difficult to figure out what I want! pls what can I do? am really confused! ryt nw I don't have a job , buh learning those codings I mentioned earlier. where is d path?
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by abimcdssi: 1:32am On Aug 20, 2013
Hello! Please I need help getting a place for six month internship (preferably in Ibadan). Useful link/information please. Thanks.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Liadi2(m): 2:40pm On Aug 24, 2013
This tread is not functioning well, you get reply when you need it, i think we should open a tread that will help us better, is just a suggestion.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by oreajayi: 11:58pm On Aug 29, 2013
Hello all,
2nd year EE student here, specializing in avionics and control systems.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by AjanleKoko: 4:39pm On Aug 30, 2013
oreajayi: Hello all,
2nd year EE student here, specializing in avionics and control systems.

Really.
How is that possible?
Where do you go to school?
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by oreajayi: 10:35pm On Aug 30, 2013
I study in canada. Avionics is a specialization option for me.
AjanleKoko:

Really.
How is that possible?
Where do you go to school?
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by AjanleKoko: 4:48pm On Aug 31, 2013
oreajayi: I study in canada. Avionics is a specialization option for me.

Is that a regular university, or a school of aviation?
Just wondering.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Samjay009(m): 1:57am On Sep 01, 2013
@MrAjanlekoko, av been ur silent follower on this forum. Need ur opinion on an issue. Am an EEE graduate presently serving, I also have a ccna and ccnp. Tinking of going for my masters plus some ICT trainings in India afta nysc. Wat do u think about the Educational system in India most esp Engineering, and the entire country as a whole
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Taiw(m): 3:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
Hi house,
I'm working on a postgraduate project on "constructing a PIR based intruder alarm system that sends sms to the owner". I need help on how to go about it, where to get relevant information/materials and most importantly, the ciruit diagram. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by AjanleKoko: 3:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
Taiw: Hi house,
I'm working on a postgraduate project on "constructing a PIR based intruder alarm system that sends sms to the owner". I need help on how to go about it, where to get relevant information/materials and most importantly, the ciruit diagram. Thanks in anticipation

Check [url=http://www.sundaychennai.com/Embedded/Design%20and%20Implementation%20of%20Pyroelectric%20Infrared%20Sensor%20based%20SecuritySystem.pdf]here[/url] and here.

For where to buy components:

https://www.nairaland.com/518105/ics-needed check some of the shops at Oshodi that were listed on this thread.

Also look at http://country.tradingbiz.com/nigeria/electrical-electronics/electronic-components-others.htm

I used to buy components a lot from Numerique in Idi-Araba, before I discovered China. I don't do component-level work any more, I buy turnkey equipment from China now.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by AjanleKoko: 3:31pm On Sep 06, 2013
Samjay009: @MrAjanlekoko, av been ur silent follower on this forum. Need ur opinion on an issue. Am an EEE graduate presently serving, I also have a ccna and ccnp. Tinking of going for my masters plus some ICT trainings in India afta nysc. Wat do u think about the Educational system in India most esp Engineering, and the entire country as a whole

India is very good, as per tech education. Highly competitive, especially for CS and EE.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Taiw(m): 5:57pm On Sep 07, 2013
@Mr Ajanlekoko
Thanks so much for your assistance. You cant imagine how happy I was when I saw your post. You are really a source of blessing. Infact, you have just solved 70% of my problem. I'm going to keep you posted and acknowledge you for this.
Thanks again
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Samjay009(m): 1:13am On Sep 08, 2013
AjanleKoko:

India is very good, as per tech education. Highly competitive, especially for CS and EE.

Tanx for the response. Pls wat branch of EEE do u suggest I go for the masters. Assuming I love and have equal passion for all d branches. What branch is the most relevant and lucrative in the Nigerian Labour market?
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Nobody: 4:25am On Sep 14, 2013
Good day everybody in d house. Firstly, I would lyk to thank d gurus in d houz for there help, advice and support. Pls I would really appreciate If someone in the house would help me with a working circuit diagram on 88-108 FM band receiver. Thank u and God bless u. (It's a school mini-project).
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by julicoka(f): 11:09pm On Sep 16, 2013
Great Engineers i luv to join dis thread u guys re real doing well here,i know some people will be asking what am doing here as female but to tell u d truth i luv it.i study computer Engineering during my OND on my HND i study Electrical Engineering.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by mr9ceguy3413: 3:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
Please I need materials/videos on electrical wiring and design...I mean something really comprehensive(I mean from the scratch)...I'm in my prt 2 and I really want to start getting a good grasp of some of these engineering concept like wht is grounding, why it's necessary, setting up a complete wiring system(residential) etc, I'm scared I may not be tot most of these things and eventually turn out the usual half baked engineers been churned out anually... I really wanna learn so many things buh I wanna take it one @ a time and yeah ve gone online buh ve not actually been able to get what I really want, it's still really confusing, dt's y I came here hoping I will get what I rly want from you guys...thanks in anticipation!
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by AjanleKoko: 4:08pm On Sep 23, 2013
mr9ceguy3413: Please I need materials/videos on electrical wiring and design...I mean something really comprehensive(I mean from the scratch)...I'm in my prt 2 and I really want to start getting a good grasp of some of these engineering concept like wht is grounding, why it's necessary, setting up a complete wiring system(residential) etc, I'm scared I may not be tot most of these things and eventually turn out the usual half baked engineers been churned out anually... I really wanna learn so many things buh I wanna take it one @ a time and yeah ve gone online buh ve not actually been able to get what I really want, it's still really confusing, dt's y I came here hoping I will get what I rly want from you guys...thanks in anticipation!

Go to Youtube.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by klems4real: 11:29pm On Sep 23, 2013
mr9ceguy3413: Please I need materials/videos on electrical wiring and design...I mean something really comprehensive(I mean from the scratch)...I'm in my prt 2 and I really want to start getting a good grasp of some of these engineering concept like wht is grounding, why it's necessary, setting up a complete wiring system(residential) etc, I'm scared I may not be tot most of these things and eventually turn out the usual half baked engineers been churned out anually... I really wanna learn so many things buh I wanna take it one @ a time and yeah ve gone online buh ve not actually been able to get what I really want, it's still really confusing, dt's y I came here hoping I will get what I rly want from you guys...thanks in anticipation!

just like oga(Ajalenkoko) has said, make youtube your friend. Also locate a building site, dialog with the electricians there to assist them without even being paid and tell them of your intention to learn the practical side of things. Believe me, with your seriousness and commitment, it wont even take you up to 3months to know these things. All the best.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by austino2018: 3:21pm On Sep 24, 2013
Pls i need ur advice,after my nysc,which i am currently doing,i want to do my m.s.c abroad,which country is the best,were one can do is m.s.c on any field in EEE
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by mr9ceguy3413: 9:18am On Sep 27, 2013
klems4real:

just like oga(Ajalenkoko) has said, make youtube your friend. Also locate a building site, dialog with the electricians there to assist them without even being paid and tell them of your intention to learn the practical side of things. Believe me, with your seriousness and commitment, it wont even take you up to 3months to know these things. All the best.

Tanks so very much!

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (35) (Reply)

The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. / About The ICAN/ATS Examinations / Ghanaian Nurse Who Twerked In Her Uniform Declared Wanted By Nurses Association

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.